As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] is having a pool party, and Lucian's invited!

• ExpigatorExpigator Registered User regular
    It looked like they use E to farm the jungle, which i didn't know added to his bloodwell. Probably my first mistake was maxing W first and relying on auto attacks to farm jungle. The ult can be pretty brutal in taking out turrets in a split push scenario and his Q is pretty good for running away it seems. Diamonprox runs him often with Doran's start.

"Look out here comes"..."Susan"..."Suuuuuuuuuuuuusan".
    "Woah, I just scared myself!"
  • DrDreidelDrDreidel Registered User regular
    I've always shied from top lane, but I just bought Wukong and it's time to do some fun times with monkey king. Any tips besides push S for epic clone/not clone fake outs?

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I had an Aatrox top earlier, and they had a slow jungle (Rammus). So he just walked straight into the enemy jungle at level 1, soloed their red, soloed their golems, and came into lane just as I went for my level 3 sej gank top. We killed Trynd, pushed the tower, and 10 minutes later won the game.

what

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Aaatrox has utterly utterly ridiculous amounts of innate sustain. Doesn't surprise me one bit he can do something like that.

• ExpigatorExpigator Registered User regular
    Especially if he starts red elixir with some pots. My problem with him top is he works best pushing consistently to deny farm. Fills his blood well and keeps him ready for fighting. Just gotta watch for those jungler ganks.

"Look out here comes"..."Susan"..."Suuuuuuuuuuuuusan".
    "Woah, I just scared myself!"
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Aatrox has silly levels of innate sustain but his downside is he has the stats of Sona. If you jump him with a couple people he goes goes splat fast and once you get him in the dumpster its pretty easy to keep him there. He is really really really hard to use in ARAM due to the lack of NPC's to hit to regain hp and his insane squishyness. He basically goes in gets one or two hits and dies repeat the entire game.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Aatrox is also holding hands with Tresh in absolute trash tier on CS, the two of them running away trying to hide their tears of shame.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    AD Sona seems genuinely scary in this patch, the Triforce changes really helped her.

I am loving the little bursts of awesome that is trinity force + furor enchantment.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Bahahaha.

Just had a Vayne/Janna against Ez/Malph.

Janna disconnects early game. Soon the Ez and Malph realize this, and decide to go all in on me, in the middle of the lane.

I've got, like, a Long Sword and two pots. Ez had Dorans.

Ez proceeds to not land a single skillshot so I take him out with a little bit of health left. Malph turns, and I barrier-Q the hell out of there. Malph runs away.

Ez comes back, ready for some revenge. Malph's B'd, so I kill Ez again as soon as he comes in lane and starts a fight.

Then Janna reconnects.

Yeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    DrDreidel wrote: »
    I've always shied from top lane, but I just bought Wukong and it's time to do some fun times with monkey king. Any tips besides push S for epic clone/not clone fake outs?

Wukong is super easy to play. Basically E-Q auto until you need to disengage and then walk away, using W. The attack speed and armor shred from his EQ mean he out trades a lot of people. Don't burn all your mana up, hit 6, all in. Outside of juking with his W/S he takes very little finesse. You just E on to people, Q them, auto attack them, and ult when it's up.

Don't pick him into Lee Sin, Darius, or Garen and you're good to go.

• dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    I'd say skip the SotEL. The nerfs to it hit pretty hard on its usefulness to Ezreal. Either replace it with a Brut or head straight for Tear/Gauntlet, IMO.

Probably a good idea to go straight tear/gauntlet.

• eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    If you need to carry the early midgame as Ez, might want to Tear > BT > Iceborn > Muramana/Last Whisper > Last Whisper/Muramana.

Or Triforce, but that delays your other items and I'm not sure how it interacts with Iceborn.

eeSanG on
    LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Expigator wrote: »
    It looked like they use E to farm the jungle, which i didn't know added to his bloodwell. Probably my first mistake was maxing W first and relying on auto attacks to farm jungle. The ult can be pretty brutal in taking out turrets in a split push scenario and his Q is pretty good for running away it seems. Diamonprox runs him often with Doran's start.

Lesson 1 of playing Aatrox: Don't max w first. You want two points in it (sometimes 3) to get the sustain going, but if you max it before you get a decent Lifesteal/Health buffer you'll kill yourself if you decide to use it for damage. Which is embarassing in the extreme. By not maxing it, you can go into Q or E instead for more non-suicidal damage. Also, all his health-costs for abilities goes into the bloodwell.

Lesson 2: He's kind of a shitty initiator. As pointed out above, he does blow up. Don't pick him as your primary initiation. However, he's a very good follow-up on someone else's initiation. If you can follow a Malp/Mumu/Sej/Zac/Leona (and so on) in, he's golden. Or you can just skip the whole initiation thing and stay back to peel for your carry and help murder divers. His kit's really strong at that.

Lesson 3: He shits on Rengar in lane.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    So is there a post with a good lucien build somewhere

because i was just so surprised that he was finally released I bought him without seeing if he was actually decent.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I think the consensus is that he is slightly UP. His ult is not usable in team fights or skirmishes except in the most thin of application.

However he does have some really strong unique aspects of his kit. Because his e clears movemrnt slows he is nearly immune to attack speed slows. Combined with his auto attack resets this makes him very strong against soft cc teams

Iirc there are two build paths

1) AD/Cdr/crit with little to no attack speed. With the intention of q, AA, w, AA , e, AA, q, AA being the combo of choice

2) BotRK + the above.

wbBv3fj.png
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    I am loving the little bursts of awesome that is trinity force + furor enchantment.

Or "Everyone gets Sivir passive!"

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    holy shit im pretty sure i just saw trundle pillar cancel lucians ult

da fk LOL

obF2Wuw.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

the key is tri force cassiopeia

obF2Wuw.png
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular

da fk LOL

After my experience with a Janna ult yesterday, I'm guessing any sort of displacement will do it. That means Zac's E, Zac's R, the 3rd hit of Riven's Q, Thresh's E, etc. I'm guessing it is coded as a channeled ability that they did some stuff with to let you walk around while channeling.

• RendRend Registered User regular

da fk LOL

After my experience with a Janna ult yesterday, I'm guessing any sort of displacement will do it. That means Zac's E, Zac's R, the 3rd hit of Riven's Q, Thresh's E, etc. I'm guessing it is coded as a channeled ability minion that they did some stuff with to let you walk around while channeling.

edited August 2013

da fk LOL

After my experience with a Janna ult yesterday, I'm guessing any sort of displacement will do it. That means Zac's E, Zac's R, the 3rd hit of Riven's Q, Thresh's E, etc. I'm guessing it is coded as a channeled ability that they did some stuff with to let you walk around while channeling.

IT IS TRUE TERROR

also

(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง Michael, your Beyblade Tournament is in 3 days, you should play Garen or Wukong (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png

I guess she would zip around pretty fast when killing minions

I am not really seeing what you build though... trinity + spell pen cass?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Nidalee is good against players who can't dodge skillshots.

If you are against players who can't land skillshots, you should really be playing Blitz or Nami or someone who rings the dinner bell every time they land a skillshot, cuz someone's about to get fed.
    The difference is with Nidalee I have to be dodging spears with my crap ping the entire game.

well... you don't build it really

i did furor + trinity cassiopeia with a rageblade and a gunblade and

ill be honest

we won but i might not have contributed much to it

ON THE OTHER HAND

i looke fabulous

obF2Wuw.png

well... you don't build it really

i did furor + trinity cassiopeia with a rageblade and a gunblade and

ill be honest

we won but i might not have contributed much to it

ON THE OTHER HAND

i looke fabulous

That's all I needed to hear.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Edited out

Australopitenico on
    also i can strongly recommend revive teleport ap teemo

nothing is better than being reborn from a shroom and running at 3000 miles an hour around their team spamming things about the scouts code

obF2Wuw.png
    Anyone in this thread going to be at PAX?

Have we already organized a meetup of some sort?

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I wish Rocketeer Tristana did not have such an annoying auto attack sound, I really like it otherwise but I could never actually play with it.

Maybe the precursor to east coast servers?

• KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Man, every single Ez game goes the same for me.

Someone picks Vayne on the other team. I go "Hey why not Ez? Shut her down early and keep the item lead"

I beat the shit out of Vayne in lane because I know how she works really well.

I go back to shop

I have no fucking clue what to build.

Maybe Tear first? Do I go Cutlass if I have the gold and work towards a BorK? Is Bork good on Ez? How much of the blue build is still considered good? Should I go Gauntlet or Triforce now?

And then my build always just ends up kind of a mess.

And then we win anyways so I guess my build works?

Also, in case we don't have any meetup of any kind planned, if anyone's going to PAX this week, shoot me a PM and let's make something happen.

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Cassi is the Ferrari of AP carries.

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I wish Rocketeer Tristana did not have such an annoying auto attack sound, I really like it otherwise but I could never actually play with it.

Maybe the precursor to east coast servers?
    5,594 square feet
    That is no cheap rent.

• MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I think they need to nerf Yi a bit more. He just sucks the fun out of this game.

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    I'm going to PAX to harass the Riot employees for free skins

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »
    Man, every single Ez game goes the same for me.

Someone picks Vayne on the other team. I go "Hey why not Ez? Shut her down early and keep the item lead"

I beat the shit out of Vayne in lane because I know how she works really well.

I go back to shop

I have no fucking clue what to build.

Maybe Tear first? Do I go Cutlass if I have the gold and work towards a BorK? Is Bork good on Ez? How much of the blue build is still considered good? Should I go Gauntlet or Triforce now?

And then my build always just ends up kind of a mess.

And then we win anyways so I guess my build works?

If you wanna do the deeps, BT/Triforce/Last Whisper
    If you wanna do the blue build, Muramana, Iceborn, Last Whisper

Just make sure you have one of the sheen items then build whatever you want. BotRK is fine on Ez but not really a part of either of his core builds imo.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i want to get gold before i move because i wont have my PC for a while

but I put my PC in the living room and cannot find any comfortable way to play LoL without a desk

sigh

steam_sig.png
  • MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    @Roz

Interview with CJ Entus Frost's Jungler Cloud Templar - answers questions about jungling, his style and who he watches outside of the KR Scene.

League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I'm going to PAX to harass the Riot employees for free skins

Look, I'm not gonna lie. They're still going to have Riot Graves skins. You don't really need one from me.

But I'll give you two Riot Graves codes from last year's PAX if you get me the hookup for Arcade Hec and Riot Blitz >.> Did you see my post many pages ago about the laptops they'll probably have set up again?

This discussion has been closed.