As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] is having a pool party, and Lucian's invited!

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    AD heimer, ap janna, support karthus. Good to know I'm about to waste 20+ minutes of my time.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    So is there a post with a good lucien build somewhere

because i was just so surprised that he was finally released I bought him without seeing if he was actually decent.

There is nothing exceptional about Lucian that warrants using anything but the standard ADC build.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    AD heimer, ap janna, support karthus. Good to know I'm about to waste 20+ minutes of my time.

Are you playing Ranked?

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I've won my last 30 or so games as Veigar. Superb Villain Veigar too strong.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I've been saying it for a while Veigar is secret OP

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    I've been saying it for a while Veigar is secret OP

His laning phase is so bad though.

Also, you should play this game time now with me and Pac.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Making dinner will be playing after.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    Our Ez DC's after a few minutes. Akali then says to build AD. On Janna.

I mean, I did it. And Akali did her best to carry us. But there's only so much I can do as AD Janna, which is to say nothing.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    DrDreidel wrote: »
    I've always shied from top lane, but I just bought Wukong and it's time to do some fun times with monkey king. Any tips besides push S for epic clone/not clone fake outs?

Wukong is super easy to play. Basically E-Q auto until you need to disengage and then walk away, using W. The attack speed and armor shred from his EQ mean he out trades a lot of people. Don't burn all your mana up, hit 6, all in. Outside of juking with his W/S he takes very little finesse. You just E on to people, Q them, auto attack them, and ult when it's up.

Don't pick him into Lee Sin, Darius, or Garen and you're good to go.
    All you have to do with Wukong is not lose lane so hard that you can't survive ulting in their team. That is literally all you have to do his ult is really goddamn strong. If you get enough gold to tank/damage more fantastic but once you've done your thing you can happily die for your team knowing that they probably won that fight.

Ideal use of his combo is Q+E so that E hits harder and you have more time with the AS buff to take advantage of the armor shred. Harder to pull off as it takes kinda just walking up to a dude and beating on him but his Q has a range buff applied to it on top of his already high melee range. Try to be close to a creep that's going to die so that you can tag them with a Q or AA+Q+E if they really wanted to smack that creep.

For ranged tops, I would actually suspect that Wukong can handle Kayle and Kennen really well in the same regard that Jarvan does (they kinda have very similar laning strategies in general anyways, actually). Bait out their damage and then jump on them while they can't retaliate. For Kayle make her waste her E and then jump just as it's about to wear down while Kennen you wait until his surge auto is gone and then you can jump on him so he can't stun you without landing a Q. If you can Q+E a ranged top though they need to practice a lot more.

butts
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    who did we just play against

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    more importantly HOW impressed were you re: my sick sick lucian ults

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Marth wrote: »

I mean, I did it. And Akali did her best to carry us. But there's only so much I can do as AD Janna, which is to say nothing.
    AD Janna is awesome.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Yes it is.
    We're ignoring the fact that the enemy bot lane was bad and Graves/Pantheon but WHO CARES JANNA.

butts
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Marth wrote: »

AD Janna is awesome.

pff fine. But I still had no support.

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    It appears I have balled too hard and skipped a rank.

plat3.png

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    3 games today, 3 wins.

Vayne, Ez, Vayne.

Feels good, man.

Also, I notice that my map awareness somehow goes through the floor when I'm playing ADC compared to when I'm playing Mid. Like, if I'm mid I'm wave clearing and watching all lanes for roaming, and harassing and going crazy with map awareness. But then when I ADC all of a sudden I'll miss junglers showing up to lane and shit, unless mmy support is pinging and babysitting me.

Also I'm hitting the clamping pretty hard. I'm almost back up to re-promotion series to Silver V from Bronze I and even with a positive W/L ratio by a fair margin, I'm only, like, 4lp up from when I started playing again. I get 1-2 lp per win, and lose 6 per loss.

I know that the background info is why, but wasn't the point of the new league system so that people felt more of a feeling of accomplishment and had something visible to work towards?

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Expigator wrote: »
    He is really really really hard to use in ARAM due to the lack of NPC's to hit to regain hp and his insane squishyness. He basically goes in gets one or two hits and dies repeat the entire game.

..Hoenstly, i've had huge luck using him in ARAM. I just tend to rush a Spirit visiage (i'll start iwth boots and a kindle gem), then pick up either a BotRK or a Hydra depending on the enemy team, and the rest is just tank, tank tank. R, E, W, Q. His E is strong early on (and i've gottten a hilarious amount of double kills by hitting two different people with each side of it), Q is a huge aid in teamfights, and that revive passive is just silly strong for letting you get away with initiating for your team, or diving into ugly situations to clean up.

Plus! He's just so FUN to play!

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    I find atrox pretty funny. He's considered shit in NA, but a few European and Asian teams run him and he's deadly for them (much like fizz). I'm kind of surprised meteos hasn't picked him up as zac will always be banned for him.

Side note, did you know in clay fighter there's a blob of green goo called zac?

• Options
    GammarahGammarah Registered User regular
    So I've changed to my schools network, and now my client constantly crashes. I've done nearly everything Riot has suggested to do, but this hasn't been fixed. Has anyone else had this predicament?

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    With Aatrox I've noticed two main camps:

1: The Aatrox player sucks ass, loses in CS, doesn't know which skills to use when, and generally is just a weight on their team.
    2: The Aatrox player knows the champ, plays Aatrox well, and the opposing team has no goddamn clue what to do against him because who the fuck playes Aatrox.

I've been on both sides of both.

Against him, well against him I main Vayne now so...... stack health all you want, bitch.

• Options
    Now that's three straight Amumu games where I just dominated. I'm not sure if I'm getting better or the competition isn't that good. I need to get better about ganking bottom, though.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Ganking bottom is a tenuous prospect.

As jungler, I usually focus on whichever of the two solo laners has the better chance to win lane and try to snowball them. Bottom lane is usually warded and the right junglers can lane gank well but as a general rule its a good idea to leave them to their fate and make plays elsewhere.

Then again, I'm not the best jungler in the world, so my advice might be sorta bad.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    I love ragers

You can talk all the trash you want

But at the end of the day(match), you got grouped with them for a very specific reason

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options

As jungler, I usually focus on whichever of the two solo laners has the better chance to win lane and try to snowball them. Bottom lane is usually warded and the right junglers can lane gank well but as a general rule its a good idea to leave them to their fate and make plays elsewhere.

Then again, I'm not the best jungler in the world, so my advice might be sorta bad.

Yeah, ganking bottom takes communication (what bushes are warded, etc) that can be difficult to pull off. Fortunately I didn't have to gank bot my last 3 games, they did just fine on their own.

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular

If the support is creating openings for you by pinking the first bush or tri it's nice to go down there and help them out. Also if the enemy lane is an all-in lane like Leona or they have blitz vs your sona/janna or something similar, it's nice to be around to punish the enemy engages.

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    I tend to agree, and focus my ganks on top and mid. If, however, you can sneak a good gank in bottom lane, the returns are usually considerably higher than anywhere else. Leads to dragons and towers a lot easier than the other lanes, and it's always good to get your ADC some kills.

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, I really prefer to have a roaming middle who can help clean up bottom when I gank, rather than going in by myself.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    I don't feel the rewards are worth going for a gank bottom until it can secure a dragon/tower, or I'm at least level 6 (Ie second round of wards from supports). Often times you run into a ward even trying to be sneaky, and even as zac, until my E gets high enough, i can't really wall jump and sneak in. Often its a waste of time, and my top lane that was just dominating the lane all of a sudden needs me and I'm all the way bottom. I honestly don't feel a bot gank should work most the time unless mid is involved and you can tower dive. Theres no reason to be caught out naked like that bot lane.

Now, one thing though, If I ever see bottom start no ward (why hello there nidalee, rengar, garen support lol) I will gank bottom pretty early and punish that lane. Its a good idea as only good things can happens as the other team will probably start in fighting. Also, theres a chance that off support is really good at that character, so you don't want to let them get going/ get a kill early. Shut them down and let the team start raging at them before anything can happen.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Ganking bot is infinitely easier as purple team, I generally don't bother when on blue side without the walk-up bush being cleared unless they are SO pushed and my support is Leona or someone with a super hard engage to give me time to get through tri.

Of course, I'm an invader by nature, so I'm more inclined to ward whatever buff is on that side and apply lane pressure that way by just making them leave lane constantly to deal with my shenanigans.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »

1: The Aatrox player sucks ass, loses in CS, doesn't know which skills to use when, and generally is just a weight on their team.
    2: The Aatrox player knows the champ, plays Aatrox well, and the opposing team has no goddamn clue what to do against him because who the fuck playes Aatrox.

Against him, well against him I main Vayne now so...... stack health all you want, bitch.

Teemo shroom on his corpse. It could be the most satisfying thing you ever do in a game.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »

Teemo shroom on his corpse. It could be the most satisfying thing you ever do in a game.

At some point i need to do a rage comic for a poor Darius i faced in ARAm. He dunked me, popped my passive. Intersitngly, i found out this resets the cooldown on his ult. So he dunks me again.

...and i pop back up from the Zilean ult, my Q's recharged, and i make zoidberg noises as i fly off. Poor Darius. All the dunks in the world can not help you now.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    poppyno1na.png

I love my little Yordle diplomat so much. Smuggling in her hammer through the diplomatic bag.

"Oh dear, what happened to 3/4 of your life bar? It seems to have suddenly vanished from the negotiations. Well, guess we better just adjourn, then. Don't worry, I'll cover your airfare back to the fountain."

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Tommatt wrote: »
    I don't feel the rewards are worth going for a gank bottom until it can secure a dragon/tower, or I'm at least level 6 (Ie second round of wards from supports).
    If you get your bot ahead early they should be able to pressure the lane enough to create openings for dragon on their own.

Edit: Streaming some ranked for a game or two.

JAEF on
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    If I'm on Zac/Hecarim/Amumu/Udyr/Shaco when I jungle, I'll often just head through their jungle and come up from behind their tower. You can usually get by with only getting hit once if you haul ass and you will masterfully screw up their retreat. They also pretty much never have their inner jungle paths warded so it's more or less secure (As long as you're aware of their jungle and don't meet up for a makeout session in a bush someplace.)

Obviously much easier with Hec/Zac but bear run and deceive help a lot. Also Amumu can snag with bandages from some pretty weird places.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JAEF wrote: »
    I don't feel the rewards are worth going for a gank bottom until it can secure a dragon/tower, or I'm at least level 6 (Ie second round of wards from supports).
    If you get your bot ahead early they should be able to pressure the lane enough to create openings for dragon on their own.

I was busy watching the cloudtemplar interview. Whats up with that nunu?

• Options

Negative attitude, not trying, bringing previous game's emotions into his current games. Nunu is a really weak support and he was half-assing it all game and we still had a fighting chance. It's alright. Sometimes they're on the other team and it evens out.

• Options
    edited August 2013

Negative attitude, not trying, bringing previous game's emotions into his current games. Nunu is a really weak support and he was half-assing it all game and we still had a fighting chance. It's alright. Sometimes they're on the other team and it evens out.

I had tuned in about 4 minutes in or so, and saw he was level 2, and thought he was sitting at the fountain. He was already calling it GG. I watched for a bit then checked out some other things, but came back right in time to see your team totally implode at bottom tower and bitch at each other. Glad to see this shit still goes on at Diamond 1. I feel better now having seen that, I mean, sorry for your team man. That sucked :(

edit you should change your settings so its viewable on consoles :D

double edit

I've all but about given up on going for that mid level 3 gank. It seems as often as it works,just as often if not more the enemy jungler will show up, and my mid will have over commited with little health and instead gives up first blood.

Then again, I get all that juicy farm at tower afterwards. So I win

Tommatt on
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Man. Tried to play a soloqueue game today and I got matched with a support zyra who rushed Rylai's and gave their lucian four or five kills in laning phase and then spent the rest of the game splitpushing.

She went something like 1/16 and made the entire game a 4v5. Not really sure what I can do in a situation like that.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    edit you should change your settings so its viewable on consoles :D
    How do I do that?

• Options
    AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I got two Support Ziggs today...I can't try Lucien properly because it's always 2 vs 1 bot. I think Triforce does not work as well as it should, though, I think I'll do BT-IE-and some atspeed item later.

Australopitenico on
This discussion has been closed.