As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes] Hulk Smash This Thread, Please Seek Life Model Decoy

DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
edited April 2014 in Games and Technology
NEW THREAD: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/188964/

Bonus Item Codes:
INSTITUTE - 1 x Credit Drop Boost (2 hours), 1 x Rarity Drop Boost (2 hours), 1 x Special Item Find Boost (2 hours)
RECRUIT - 1x Retcon, 1x Iridium Triple Boost (2 hours), 1x Iridium Triple Boost Bar (1 hour)

New Black Widow "Fear Itself" costume.
m3Z7WYE.png
New Captain America "Winter Soldier" costume.
4Gujon0.png

NEW PLAYABLE HERO: TASKMASTER

PA GUILD INFO: Agents of WANG ARCADE (was changed by admins due to its "offensive" nature) Contact @Manetherenwolf, @Dirtyboy, or @Maddoc (both same name in game) to get guild invite.

STEAM GROUP: PA SuperWANGs

iDxYvfrsCDdVI.png
Game Overview
Marvel Heroes is a FREE-TO-PLAY action-packed massively multiplayer online game created by David Brevik, the visionary behind Diablo and Diablo 2. Set in the iconic Marvel Universe, Marvel Heroes combines the core game-play style of Action RPGs and MMOs with the expansive library of heroes from the Marvel Universe. In the game, players can collect and play as their favorite Marvel Superheroes (including Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Hulk, Spider Man, Captain America and many others). Team up with friends and try to stop Doctor Doom from devastating the world with the power of the Cosmic Cube in a story written by Marvel comic super-scribe Brian Michael Bendis.

ixnOmGCn35oh3.png

iPLi5muHsVHZI.png

iblUBmk9RNdt7A.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENc8NgACZqg

Dirtyboy on

• Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    That new thread smell.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Considering game quality im a little surprised you guys filled up the last thread... someone get me the remaining 31 splinters i need for emma and get my hulk to 50 for me (90% of lvl 49 to go) and i will share this delicious burrito with you.

no takers? hmmm the burrito sure is good but ill SWEETEN the deal, i shall put sugar on this burrito.

• Options
    Chomp-ChompChomp-Chomp Shonen Princess Registered User regular
    Yay new thread!

Okay, so they're adding Relics in the next patch, right?

Then we'll be getting x4 Artifacts within a month.

And Team Insignias are coming down the pipeline too.

Man, the character equipment UI is going to be a freaking mess

• Options
    allegedly synergies too, doomsaw said it would be 2 weeks for ui improvements required to do synergies so i imagine the patch after that. I still think 1.2 is going to break the game so damn hard it wont even be funny, i dont know if will be funny haha or funny uh-oh but i have my money on one of those 2

• Options
    Devs in-game this weekend.
    Hi all!

We'd like to invite you to come play Marvel Heroes with us this weekend! We'll be playing mostly as new heroes, both in the story and in Midtown! We'll also be chatting in the Social Channel and grouping with players!

All times listed below are in PDT!

SATURDAY
    Doomsaw 2-4pm

Ryolnir 2-4pm

TheCosmicCupcake 2-4pm

Xarex (David Brevik) 4-6pm

AgentParks 4-6pm

AgentWhiteRabbit 4-6pm

SUNDAY
    CottonCandyCats 4-6pm

KingBacon 4-6pm

MichaelMayhem 4-6pm

InkArray 4-6pm

PGhiocel 4-6pm

JSchechter 4-6pm

We're incredibly excited to play! We'll see you online!

• Options
    ugh cyclops is soooo awful in midtown, you have to either a> follow a hero or b> stay on the very edge of los and wide beam, and if wizard decides he is hunting you, just die... lightning pools from electro ya thats a killing. on the plus side i guess shield is making a small fortune off the medpacks ill buy between 41 and 50

• Options
    Hes not so bad, but it is true you need to hang around the periphery and do your damage. Hes great at killing sudden spawns during boss fights.

• Options
    assuming they dont spawn on him and i mean of course optic barrage not wide beam (im a cyclops newb)

Overall his basics are just awful and the number of bad guys who completely resist his slow on stunning barrage? is impressive. the good news i got him from 40 to 44.5 but another 2 or 3 days to get him to 50... oy vey he is as squishy as punisher for really lacks the crazy high dps that punisher gets.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Quick question: how does defense pen stack? Like I have ~15% from class abilties, a costume core that does like 24% to basic attacks, and a weapon that does like 33% to basic attacks. So does that mean I'm doing like 70% defense pen with basic attacks?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Wow Cyclops' basic attacks are bad now? I haven't played him in awhile but before that's basically all he had going for him.

• Options
    skippymchaggisskippymchaggis Registered User regular
    Gambit fans, I think this is real: Gambit going to be playable before Nova

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    All we need now is Psylocke. Or, whatever.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    Quick question: how does defense pen stack? Like I have ~15% from class abilties, a costume core that does like 24% to basic attacks, and a weapon that does like 33% to basic attacks. So does that mean I'm doing like 70% defense pen with basic attacks?

allegedly it is supposed to stack as mentioned the tool tip is broken (shocker!)

Maddoc wrote: »
    Wow Cyclops' basic attacks are bad now? I haven't played him in awhile but before that's basically all he had going for him.

The number of broken classes is fairly high right now, for me at least punisher, rocket raccoon, scarlet witch, cyclops, black widow and (maybe jean grey? i dont own her so i cant say with any certainty there). The wait for 1.2 TM chant going on right now is really weird.
    Gambit fans, I think this is real: Gambit going to be playable before Nova

I get that gambit is popular, but I never really understood why, I dont quite get the popularity. (Of course I'm trying to hipster retcon my adoration of Wolverine to meh he is ok but highly over rated). Gambit was always on the list of 90s characters I never liked, in the group with shatterstar, adam x, vengeance, dreadlox, kane or strong guy.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

His basic bounce blast is alright, but you are better off focusing on Barrage, Channel, and Devastation. The first two have a strong synergy together.

• Options
    i never was a huge Gambit fan, but i know my brother and some friends were. i liked Cyclops (why? oh, cause i had glasses and my favorite color is red.) and Psylocke.

• Options
    Uggghhh

Gambit is so laaaaaaaammmmeeee

Not that Nova is any better. Who the hell is Nova? I read a dozen Marvel books each month, for Stan's sake, and I still don't know or care.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Nova is a cosmic character.

• Options
    He's a dude who has superhuman physical capabilities, flies, and manipulates cosmic energy.

aka he is not, from a game design mechanics perspective, distinct from Ms Marvel in literally any way unless part of his power set involves summoning the fucking New Warriors (Though this is kid Nova so that wouldn't work either, Sam Alexander Nova's book has only been running for like six months now so he functionally has no real character history to draw on for a skill tree, every part of this was well thought out)

• Options
    From what I've read, Nova got delayed because they want to do Richard Rider, but there seems to be some issue in doing that.

And Chomp Chomp; track down the Annihilation series of comics; it's one of the best events Marvel ever did, and a large part focused on Nova, and why he's such a great character.

As for what powers would he have; Nova actually controls gravametric energy, which allows barebones stuff like shooting bolts of energy, but it can also be used for stuff like holding people in place, or making Nova a tough son of a bitch to take down. Additionally, he's connected to an AI that analyzes the world around him and gives advice, which could be turned into a whole host of passives and buffs.

• Options
    What they've said is that they wanted to delay Nova to give his series more time to run so that they'd have more stuff to work with.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Quote from Doomsaw on the official forum, regarding upcoming heroes.
    Most likely: Ghost Rider, Surfer, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Dr. Strange.

Nova will likely be pushed until we can do Richard Rider in some way.

Source: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/84669#Comment_84669

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Still no Marrow? :P

• Options
    I wonder if they're going to key up heroes based on the movies? I'm guessing they won't do anything for Thor, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Falcon in April, and probably Star-Lord or Gamora or Drax by August. Gotta strike while that iron's hot.

• Options
    NWKNWK Registered User regular
    Gambit and Psylocke yesssssss

Steam GW2: Silas.5762
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Strange needs to be higher on that list.

Of course, I hope he can turn enemies into boxes like in MUA. For some reason I found that power delightful to use.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    if Strange's power color palette is anything like the awesome rainbows in the New Avenger's stuff after Civil War, I will be all over that.

• Options
    From what I've read, Nova got delayed because they want to do Richard Rider, but there seems to be some issue in doing that.

And Chomp Chomp; track down the Annihilation series of comics; it's one of the best events Marvel ever did, and a large part focused on Nova, and why he's such a great character.

As for what powers would he have; Nova actually controls gravametric energy, which allows barebones stuff like shooting bolts of energy, but it can also be used for stuff like holding people in place, or making Nova a tough son of a bitch to take down. Additionally, he's connected to an AI that analyzes the world around him and gives advice, which could be turned into a whole host of passives and buffs.

Ah, I think I get it. I skipped pretty much all of Cosmic Marvel, except for a little research to tie in to Fantastic Four. That AI is sounding familiar, since you mention it.

That said, the issue with him being pushed back sounds like this, to draw a parallel:

There's an awesome Green Lantern called Kyle Rayner, and everyone loves him. He has character, he's been involved in many cool events, and he's totally dope.
    However, for some boneheaded reason, some old Green Lantern is now headlining the comics, and this jackass has no personality to speak of other than Willpower=GreenLazers.
    BUT, Kyle will eventually be back in the top billing, so let's push back the addition of GL to DC Heroes until we can get permission from On High to use him. :)

Although it seems the new, lame Nova is a kid, rather than a square jawed cardboard cut-out of a man... Juxtaposition!

• Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    Whaaaaaaaaat, Johnny Blaze AND Betsy Braddock on the short list?

Yessssssssssssssssssssss.

• Options
    I'm mostly excited about the Surfer. I hope hes ridiculously overpowered....cause to hell with balance.

• Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    I'm mostly excited about the Surfer. I hope hes ridiculously overpowered....cause to hell with balance.

Admittedly he would probably feel wrong if he wasn't overpowered in comparison to the baseline characters (though not necessarily the heavy hitters like hulk, thor etc.). I'm somewhat boggled as to how the hell they'd handle his powers though.
    The Silver Surfer wields "the power cosmic", absorbing and manipulating the universe's ambient cosmic energies. He can augment his strength to incalculable levels, and is almost totally indestructible. He can navigate space, hyperspace and dimensional barriers, and can fly at near-limitless speeds on his board, entering hyperspace when he exceeds light speed. He has even proven capable of time travel on occasion. The Surfer does not require food, drink, air or sleep, sustained entirely by converting matter into energy. He is immune to temperature extremes and most radiation, and can survive in vacuum environments such as outer space and hyperspace. He can analyze and manipulate matter and energy, and restructure or animate matter at will, even transmuting elements. He can heal living beings (though he cannot raise the dead), and has proven capable of revitalizing or evolving organic life on a planet wide scale. He can alter the size of himself or of other matter, cast illusions, fire energy blasts, form and manipulate energy constructs, manipulate gravity, absorb and discharge most forms of energy, and phase through solid matter. His senses enable him to detect objects and energies light years away, and to perceive matter and energy in subatomic detail; he can even see through time, and with concentration can achieve limited perception of past and future events in his general vicinity. The Surfer has demonstrated limited telepathic ability on occasion, and has proven able to influence human emotion and sensation.

That is a positively crazy range of abilities to handle in an ARPG. They would absolutely have to limit his abilities somehow and I'm not sure how they'd handle that. Heck, he makes balancing someone like the Hulk look absolutely easy by comparison.

• Options
    He's like Silver Age Superman. Silver get it? huh huh

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure he's also gotten less powerful over time, just like Superman.

He'll probably have a board/movement tree, a strength/durability tree and a blasting shit tree.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    He's had his powers dampened at various points, but he has always regained his power at some point or another as well. He's still just as impossibly powerful now.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    if you cant notice that there is a xp bonus/sif week you have a serious problem with the grindyness of your game gaz.

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    As long as Surfer's Ultimate summons Galactus, I'm down

• Options
    edited August 2013
    More datamining. Besides these two, there is also yet another Iron Man costume (nightclub).

yQ6KWFO.png

b3Y437d.png

New (green) fortune card.

nkNucP9.jpg

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ugh were they going for sexy with that emma outfit if so they missed, if they were going for 14 year olds week 2 use of poser/blender... i guess... thats... umm... a thing?

which is weird because i really like the MM classic costume (spoilered for the easily offended)
    ms-marvel-heroes-classic-costume.jpg

edit is the new fortune card replacing the old one? because im not seeing the cow recipe on there

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    Well it's not like they designed that Emma costume. You can thank Frank Quietly for that.

• Options
    Well it's not like they designed that Emma costume. You can thank Frank Quietly for that.

but they did choose to include it, and it looks poorly rendered, which is also why i hate the longer hair styles for the female heroes due to the clipping and overall clompy feel of it. I realize taste is subjective but it cant just be me? Can it?

• Options
    Well they would be silly not to include it, it's one of her most iconic costumes and what she wore during the Grant Morrison run that solidified her as a major character in the franchise.

Same reason there are so many hideous 90s costumes in the game.

This discussion has been closed.