As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Solforge: Set 3 Secrets of Solis Out Now!

• Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Is there a key anywhere as to what the symbols mean for rarity on the cards?

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I like Vengeful Spirit. I've had a fair number of games now where people target her with spells to get rid of her so their creature can bust through to do damage.

Except they forget that her ability triggers on destruction and kills their thingie.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Vorpal wrote: »
    Is there a key anywhere as to what the symbols mean for rarity on the cards?

Green = Common. Blue = Rare. Yellow = Heroic. Red = Legendary.

Or, if you're color blind, they're stars with three to six points.

• Options
    Reasons to not have 30-minute match timer and unlimited turn time: shitheels who leave the game when they're losing.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Oh hey cool this is in open beta! I played this forever ago with my brother's iPad when he visited me but this was before they even had deckbuilding in the game so things got boring after a bit.

I think I am going to spend some time just getting my daily bonus and farm my 3 win bonus against easy AI until I can build a deck I actually like (even a little bit), and then actually go up against other people.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Echo wrote: »
    Reasons to not have 30-minute match timer and unlimited turn time: shitheels who leave the game when they're losing.

There'll probably be a disconnect timer pretty soon. You know you can quit to menu and you'll still end up winning the game, right?

admanb on
  • Options
    Would anyone be interested in doing some Common and Rare only games? If so, you should post up your username and I'll assemble a list of players.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I think I am going to spend some time just getting my daily bonus and farm my 3 win bonus against easy AI until I can build a deck I actually like (even a little bit), and then actually go up against other people.

Just having a few more cards beyond the starters really helps.

• Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Yeah, works now.

I need to get better at not doing battle as my last thing. Plenty of missed opportunities to do one battle to clear a slot for myself and then play a card.

not sure if you know but you can replace creatures also. so if all your lanes are full and you draw something better you can attack and then just replace the dude without having to run it into something.

elimination: are you seeing the decks in the deck builder slots? can you load it in the deckbuilder?

Yeah I can load it in the deck builder but not in the create game. I dont know what I am doing wrong here, is there some kind of restriction on what cards I can put in my deck or something that I am not seeing?

not that i am aware of. supposedly a few people from the closed beta had bugs where they could load decks that contained cards they didn't own (since things were pseudo-wiped). im assuming you tried all the obvious stuff like reloading the game client/logging out and logging in. any luck with the support forums one the official site? i apologize i'm not more help

I'll try just making a new deck entirely and seeing if that helps.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Nekro/Tempys is kind of sort of not completely terrible as a starting deck (after you get a pack or two to hit 30 cards) because you get decent removal, giving you at least a chance of an answer against the ridiculous bullshit everyone else in the game will throw at you. The Alloyin starter I believe is pretty much dead worthless as is; there are nowhere near enough decent cards to make half a deck out of. I haven't looked at Uterra very closely yet.

Also, apparently you aren't guaranteed a standard booster as a first win bonus every day like I thought after yesterday, which is a shame. I got very little outside of silver today (though I won't turn down the Frozen Solid I nabbed as a single). At least I lucked out and got a cool legendary out of the deal (Keeper of the Damned, with an ability that auto-resurrects a target creature if it dies this turn).

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I'm coming to love critters that make my other critters deadlier.

The shaper savants, in particular, are nuts (Anything that does something for playing lower level cards is great, and steel/lifeshaper are excellent about it)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Multiple shapers that I can't kill within two turns are basically a "might as well just concede" condition in my games, since they give an enormous amount of board control and I have no answer to them other than drawing an appropriate removal spell the turn they come into play. Since Lifeshapers will generally be immune to Cull the Meek after the first turn and nothing can trade with the Nekrium ones after they wake up.

Wyvern on
  • Options
    I thought all the starting decks were neat except Tempys.

The dual faction free starter decks, I definitely thought one was easier to use than the other, but I forget which now. Heh.

Apparently you can't buy starter decks in stores now? Or maybe that's just because I have them all. For that matter, I can't see how to buy booster packs with my store credit.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

The dual faction free starter decks, I definitely thought one was easier to use than the other, but I forget which now. Heh.

Apparently you can't buy starter decks in stores now? Or maybe that's just because I have them all. For that matter, I can't see how to buy booster packs with my store credit.

Your credit should show up in your account on the website, through which you can buy gold.

• Options
    edited August 2013

Really? I find Tempys to be one of the better ones. There are some duds in it as far as creatures are concerned, but you really can't beat Ulanti Bolt, and the shaman can be game-winners if your opponent can't kill them. The firefist guys would also probably be good in any deck except mine (I can never get their attack up in time).

Wyvern on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Damn, posted instead of editing.

Wyvern on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I like playing cards, so I'm trying an alloyin deck.

Energy Surge and Cyphien Augmentation are free at levels II and III. But playing them at level I is meh.

So, we include techsmiths and synapsis oracles so that we can level them up without actually having to play them.

Since we know we want stuff in the center lane anyway (because of the free cyphien boost), we include Nexus Pilot and Battle Techtician, which are stronger in the center lane.

Since Energy surge might give us tons of cards in hand, we include steelforged avatars. And now that we know we want lots of cards, include metamind adept as well.

With our free spells, we have a chance of playing more cards than usual, so we include steelshaper savant and stasis warden.

Fill in with sparkblade assassins and jet packs!

I find the level 30 limit to be a little limiting when going for a balls out 'draw everything' deck :p

I think the little robot that is 'free' to play at levels II and III is pretty terrible.

Vorpal on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    The more I play the more I think the game really just revolves around the power removal cards. Creatures only get so strong, even the legendaries. I'd much rather have Heroic spells than the Legendary monsters I lucked into.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    Yeah, usually when I lose I think "I Just needed more removal"

Alloyin doesn't have much, but there is bulwark smash for heavy robot decks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    To be fair, that sentiment probably applies to every CCG in the history of time. Removal is never not great.

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    I dunno I'm more used to old school Magic where things had a negative. I mean I guess they don't just kill everything like a wrath, but the spells like epidemic and firestorm really turn everything on the other side of the board into pretty anemic stuff(unless you draw two, then they will kill pretty much everything).

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    To be fair, that sentiment probably applies to every CCG in the history of time. Removal is never not great.

The two most powerful forces are generally card advantage and removal, yes. (Also tempo - that is, slowing your opponent by denying them actions, or granting self extra to do stuff faster)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    admanb wrote: »
    Would anyone be interested in doing some Common and Rare only games? If so, you should post up your username and I'll assemble a list of players.

Nobody? :P

• Options
    I don't think my cards are good enough to even accomplish much in that setting, honestly. Maybe in a week I'll start being kind of happy with what I have.

• Options
    Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular

I'd be up. I posted my name earlier but just for ease of reference, it's Sarck.

• Options

I'd be up. I posted my name earlier but just for ease of reference, it's Sarck.

Sent you a challenge.

• Options
    Had to cut out the legendaries and such quicklike. I'm on now.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular

I'm down, user name is Stragint.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sent you a challenge.

Man, that was pretty good. I was hoping I could maybe eek out that last bit, but that deck you have means I need to kill you as fast as I can before you start popping out those level 3 things with all that leveling.

Viktor Walters on
  • Options
    Admanb, are we playing or did something go wrong? Nothing has happened on the playing field yet.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    Admanb, are we playing or did something go wrong? Nothing has happened on the playing field yet.

I set it as an untimed game 'cause I'm about to eat dinner. :)

• Options
    Oh, am I able to go back to menu and do a computer game without losing?

• Options
    Oh, am I able to go back to menu and do a computer game without losing?

Yep! Just return to menu. You can have a bunch of untimed matches going at once. Wanna play me instead?

• Options
    Sure, sounds like a plan.

• Options
    Challenge sent.

• Options
    Wait, shit. I just realized I have a heroic or two in my deck.

• Options
    Wait, shit. I just realized I have a heroic or two in my deck.

I noticed, but it didn't really bother me for that match. I figured you had just made a mistake, no worries. It was a good game regardless!

• Options
    Yea, it was fun. I'm gonna make a common to rare only deck so that I don't feel like a dick though.

• Options
    Cool deal. Challenge me when you're done, I'll be around.

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Just started this, name is LordFeriluce if anyone wants to battle a starter deck newbie.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995