As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Solforge: Set 3 Secrets of Solis Out Now!

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Gosh darnit the daily rewards are on a stupid "22 hours since you last earned them" timer instead of a "once per 24 hour period" timer.

Dumb dumb dumb.

• WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Gosh darnit the daily rewards are on a stupid "22 hours since you last earned them" timer instead of a "once per 24 hour period" timer.

Dumb dumb dumb.

I don't think they have mentioned anywhere why they are doing it this way instead of a set time each day. Anyone have any idea why it isn't just a set timer?

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    He dropped this in turn one. I looked at the level 3 version.

chrogias.jpg

/concede

edited August 2013

Dumb dumb dumb.

I don't think they have mentioned anywhere why they are doing it this way instead of a set time each day. Anyone have any idea why it isn't just a set timer?

Because you can't do it at exactly 6 pm every day. It'll creep forward by 20-30 minutes at a time, and suddenly you have to do them at 3 am, or skip a day to reset the timer to a sane value.

As opposed to a 22-hour timer that gives you the opportunity to do it at 6 pm every day and have a two-hour window to finish it.

edit: misread, but 22-hour point still stands. This is a game played all over the world, it'll be an uncomfortable reset hour for someone.

Echo on
    Also here's an idea: queueing should be weighted so people with multiple games get matched against other people with multiple games.

I'm either facing the world's slowest thinker or he has multiple games going, while I just wait for him.

• VicVic Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

chrogias.jpg

/concede

Wow, they sure buffed that guy from the first beta. He used to be 25/25 at level 3. As unstoppable as he seems I would not feel too bad about him dropping on the board though, I usually aim win the game before or just after we reach level 3 and his useless lvl 1 and 2 forms would help that immensely.

Dat feel when you play Hunting Pack (it has 50% chance to spawn a new copy of itself) and you end up with five copies. *smug.gif*

• A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    Dat feel when you play Hunting Pack (it has 50% chance to spawn a new copy of itself) and you end up with five copies. *smug.gif*

on the first turn

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
    Jesus H. Sure, needs to be above 100 health, but stack healing out the wazoo...

grove.jpg

I put hunting pack in my deck, but removed it after two games since I got no copies any of the four times I played it. I am sure it can be fairly effective, but I despise dice rolls in games.

Vic wrote: »
    I put hunting pack in my deck, but removed it after two games since I got no copies any of the four times I played it. I am sure it can be fairly effective, but I despise dice rolls in games.

Yeah, me too. Swapped it out for Ether Hounds.

Same! I desperately wish for an Ectowisp though, it is basically those two cards combined except brokenly powerful.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I will never enjoy this game more than the first game when I dropped level 3 this guy.

Forge_Guardian_Omega.png

What is this I don't even.
    Wow so uh, they really don't balance the cards at all for this game do they? I mean, I get that they dude is rare or whatever but 15/15 armor 10, breakthrough and aggressive at level 1? With no draw back at all? The heck?

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Wow so uh, they really don't balance the cards at all for this game do they? I mean, I get that they dude is rare or whatever but 15/15 armor 10, breakthrough and aggressive at level 1? With no draw back at all? The heck?

He's not a card you can put in your deck.

• A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    yeah, to get him out you need to sacrifice 5 forge guardians and with a forge guardian gamma

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, he's Voltron. I have the Alpha card.

Echo on
    Oh, well then, ignore me!

I just assumed the symbol on his card meant like, ultra super rare, and he was just buff to get people to try and spend money to rare chase after him. My mistake!

edited August 2013
    Yeah, you have to have a Gamma that can take an action to sacrifice himself plus 4 other guardians to form it. The Alpha has good stats but defender, the Beta has averageish stats and the Gamma has below average stats.

But when you do it the tears are delicious.

Darkewolfe on
  • VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Thanks for posting that Darkewolfe, as I was looking at those guardians and wondering what the voltron version looked like.

Do you have to sacrifice 5 in play guardians? (IE 1 in each lane of course) or can some of them be in your hand?

It looks like a very, very one trick pony. Happy to see voltron has breakthrough.

I'm very glad you got it to work :)

And I'm happy to see stuff like that in a digital TCG.

It would be very hard to have mechanics like that in a physical TCG.

I'm also very glad that so far it appears the same card can be part of multiple decks. This is way way way way better than in Duel of Champions where a card could only be part of 1 deck at a time. :(

Same! I desperately wish for an Ectowisp though, it is basically those two cards combined except brokenly powerful.

You can get two ectowisps in the Uterra Starter, I think.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Vorpal wrote: »

I've heard references to these alleged single-faction starter decks, but I don't think they exist in-game, at least not anymore.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for posting that Darkewolfe, as I was looking at those guardians and wondering what the voltron version looked like.

Do you have to sacrifice 5 in play guardians? (IE 1 in each lane of course) or can some of them be in your hand?

It looks like a very, very one trick pony. Happy to see voltron has breakthrough.

I'm also very glad that so far it appears the same card can be part of multiple decks. This is way way way way better than in Duel of Champions where a card could only be part of 1 deck at a time. :(

You must have five in play, and your Gamma can't have summoning sickness since he has to activate, so generally you'll have to have played him the turn before.

I built an entire deck around it for funsies, because I'll lose more often in order to occasional win with a 60/60 trample. I ended up replacing the deck, though, because even accounting for losing more than you win, it's still too one-trick to really enjoy it. Getting the engine up to do it takes all of your attention and doesn't leave much room for anything else. I got him out twice. Once I won, once we both lost because my sacrifice opened up a hole for my opponent to do lethal, while my Omega obviously did lethal.

Still. It's amazing when it goes off. GIANT STOMPY ROBOT.

Edit: I forgot one other thing. You'll want your gamma to be level 3, of course, or else the combo is a waste. One other time I got the combo off, but didn't realize immediately that I triggered it with a level 1 gamma. No matter how you try to dice it, clearing four of your lanes ain't worth a 15/15 trample with 10 armor.

Darkewolfe on
    Wyvern wrote: »

I've heard references to these alleged single-faction starter decks, but I don't think they exist in-game, at least not anymore.

Huh. Strange. I admit I didn't see them in the store either.

They seemed quite a bit better than the mixed dual faction starters. Each one had 4-6 heroic/legendaries. Think they were $5 each? I bought one of each way back in the day.

steam_sig.png
    Probably old news, but my summary of info I dug up:
    • Some sort of trading eventually. Most likely only for cards bought with gold, to prevent spamming up multiple accounts to farm cards. Surplus silver-bought cards might be able to be turned into something else, either back into silver, or some sort of crafting system.
    • Some sort of drafting/sealed deck tournament coming soon. Expected to cost ~$5 per draft, which feels kinda expensive. You keep the drafted cards.
    • No idea to save your boosters for later - draft mode will use special draft boosters.
    • Matchmaking is planned for the next update. Thank science.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

MtG did that years ago with the Kaldra equips - get all three out, make monstrous token wielding them (which pretty much ends the game, as the equipment and token will all be indestructible).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Probably old news, but my summary of info I dug up:
    • Some sort of drafting/sealed deck tournament coming soon. Expected to cost ~$5 per draft, which feels kinda expensive. You keep the drafted cards.

To expand on this, they plan on having tournament tickets be something you can get from daily rewards with the idea being that you'll get approximately one draft/week for free. Draft prizes will be boosters and more tournament tickets.

Tokens are no fun! I mean an actual card with actual art :) In a physical TCG, either you wind up with the summoned card and no way to play it, should you draw it from a booster, or you use a 'token'. if you do have the physical card that is summoned it has to sit awkwardly off to one side until needed.

steam_sig.png

/concede

Problem is you're basically dropping nothing for his level 1 and level 2. If he's not one of the 20 cards you draw during level 2 you're gonna be real sad. I find most of my games end by turn 11-12, even with a relatively slow deck.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Tokens are no fun! I mean an actual card with actual art :) In a physical TCG, either you wind up with the summoned card and no way to play it, should you draw it from a booster, or you use a 'token'. if you do have the physical card that is summoned it has to sit awkwardly off to one side until needed.

They also make those, but yeah, the whole "sits off to one side" thing holds.

Of course, it holds for digital too - you just can't see it.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited August 2013
    guys

play your Savants

I've run into way too many mid-tier decks that would be a million times better if they were running Savants. The Steelshaper is a bit iffy, but Flameshaper is insane and Darkshaper and Lifeshaper are very good.

admanb on
    I will if I ever get one! I sure am enjoying having 8 Alloyin Generals though. [/Sarcasm]

I don't HAVE any savants. You don't need to rub it in. Straight-up losing to any deck that plays more than one savant is painful enough already.

Okay, technically I have one, but it's Alloyin, the one faction I absolutely cannot build a functional deck around. I have like five Alloyin cards that aren't terrible.

Sadface. Alloyin is my favorite. I admit their savant is not so hot, however.

It's not terrible in a robot deck also running the bulwark though.

steam_sig.png

It may be better than I think it is. I tend to rate aggressive abilities higher than defensive abilities.

Streamin' a bit.

http://hashd.tv/echo

edited August 2013

Guess how many robots I have. I'll give you a hint: it's less than three and one of them is Forge Guardian Worthless.

If I had the Alloyin cards that are actually good, like the levelers and the defender spell and such, I would be enthusiastic about the prospect of splashing it into another faction. But the free starting Alloyin cards are all embarrassingly awful outside of the generals, the techtician, and maybe one or two others I'm forgetting.

Wyvern on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I wish I had enough cards to make a deck with real synergy.

This has also made me really want to play MTG again. All I have left of MTG is pretty much my EDH deck and stuff that I thought was cool. Guess I need to find people who play EDH.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    Stragint wrote: »

This has also made me really want to play MTG again. All I have left of MTG is pretty much my EDH deck and stuff that I thought was cool. Guess I need to find people who play EDH.

Play EDH.

Play Hex when it's out.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »

Play EDH.

Play Hex when it's out.

What do you mean when its out? I already have one in my deck.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    At least you can play against the computer while you build up your card base.

I'm figuring that if I can't reliably beat hard computer opponents, whatever deck I've made is unlikely to fare well against real humans.

steam_sig.png