As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ask me about being transgendered (again)

MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
You got questions?

I got answers.

You got questions you want to ask anonymously?

I got homptalk.tumblr.com

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's back?

It's back!

YL9WnCY.png
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    It's back?

Yes.

Next question!

• bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    Are you really the head of the Kwik-E-Mart?

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Bah, who needs the Kwik-E-Mart anyways!

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    bombardier wrote: »

Mess with me and I will corner you on Skype and tell you a long rambling story that goes nowhere.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I have a question, but I think its more directed at the LGBT community as a whole

I love the Olympics but Russia is totally creeping me out

Are there any constructive protests I can take part in to help get the point across that what they are doing is totally fucked?

Also can I still watch the Olympics or does that make me a monster

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    As long as you root against Russia you're good

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    Metalbourne (and by extension the rest of the thread) how do you feel about the phrase "gay for" used as a positive?

"oh shit yo I'm totally gay for that"

Personally I think this is pretty okay? Like the context it gets used in is generally a person stating their unabashed affection for something or someone (like Ben & Jerry's Half-Baked or Channing Tatum) that they really don't give a shit if other people judge them for

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Related: I only realised Channing Tatum wasn't a middle-aged woman like, a week ago. I think i conflated the name with Stockard Channing.

@Metalbourne - is Stockard Channing rad or super fucking rad?

The Olympics, by itself, is shitty in general if only because the Olympic governing body is treating the Olympics as a brand to pimp out instead of a international athletic gathering.

YL9WnCY.png
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    the IOC are an abomination

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    @Metalbourne What are your opinions re: tea?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Where do you keep you wallet?

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    How does one be transgendered again?

8406wWN.png
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    She's ascended one step further. It's like going SSJ2.

iwantanswers3.png
    We found the Metalbourne stone and she mega evolved.

YL9WnCY.png
  • VicVic Registered User regular

Double dicks/vaginas?

Or hell, that is too unimaginative. The next step is obviously to invent entirely new genitals.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    Metalbourne (and by extension the rest of the thread) how do you feel about the phrase "gay for" used as a positive?

Personally I think this is pretty okay? Like the context it gets used in is generally a person stating their unabashed affection for something or someone (like Ben & Jerry's Half-Baked or Channing Tatum) that they really don't give a shit if other people judge them for

I'm fine with it if used within my circle of friends and not in public. We get that it's a stupid phrase and we use it ironically and rarely.

If I heard most straight people use it I would be offended but not nearly as offended as when I hear it used as a negative. I would not go out of my way to call that use of it out is what I am saying.

I have a question, but I think its more directed at the LGBT community as a whole

I love the Olympics but Russia is totally creeping me out

Are there any constructive protests I can take part in to help get the point across that what they are doing is totally fucked?

Fuck the Olympics. What once was the "goodwill games" is now "bribe some old guys"

Pony wrote: »

I'm okay with that. I can't think of a way it can be used to objectify or generalize a group of people so I'm not offended by it.

I used to tell a girlfriend she was totally gay for will Farrell

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Good luck metalbourne

tynic wrote: »
    Related: I only realised Channing Tatum wasn't a middle-aged woman like, a week ago. I think i conflated the name with Stockard Channing.

No clue

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote: »
    She's ascended one step further. It's like going SSJ2.

and THIS

IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND

Where do you keep you wallet?

I my purse

Think of gender as a scale between 0 and 1 with female being 0 and male being 1. Everybody falls somewhere on that scale.

Now imagine another scale, a vertical scale that goes between i0 and i1 like some kind of Cartesian coordinate system.

Some of us are so fabulous we have to supplement the normal scale with the new scale to describe our gender Identities

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Hwow6Ql.jpg

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    If I can pepper you with some questions because I don't really know much about most people here...
    How old were you when you knew? When you came out?
    Your favorite botanical berry?
    Did you manage to find any insurance to cover you? Reading Dubh and DDV's posts it seems pretty hard to come by in the states.
    Did you have problems with work and family/friends?
    The hardest part of it all for you?

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2013

No clue

tumblr_ml8vnulIjh1rsy904o3_250.gif

tynic on
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Hwow6Ql.jpg

The engineer in me cannot help but notice that all but one of the images are an even exchange of parts (i.e. male right arm for female right arm) except the top right one, which has two female left legs and two male right legs.

Based on my skill at dancing, this must be my gender identity.

Heffling on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

No clue

tumblr_ml8vnulIjh1rsy904o3_250.gif

SO fucking rad

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    No don't bite the weenie.

biting the weenie is bad.

Well, except for certain consensual situations.

Buttcleft on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    moving because i'm trans

my brother's a mess right now

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    bombardier wrote: »

Mess with me and I will corner you on Skype and tell you a long rambling story that goes nowhere.

like about the time when you caught the ferry to Shelbyville

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Hwow6Ql.jpg

I've seen girls with man-hands. Does that count?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Psykoma wrote: »
    If I can pepper you with some questions because I don't really know much about most people here...
    How old were you when you knew? When you came out?
    Your favorite botanical berry?
    Did you manage to find any insurance to cover you? Reading Dubh and DDV's posts it seems pretty hard to come by in the states.
    Did you have problems with work and family/friends?
    The hardest part of it all for you?

I was 13 when I knew, 35 when I came out
    No clue what a botanical berry is
    I'm being treated for "endocrine disorder"
    Finding an insurance company that will pay for actually being transgendered is close to impossible.
    I have no problems with work or family, but I have had issues finding an apartment because of my trans-ness
    The hardest part is probably getting misgendered on a daily basis

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Hwow6Ql.jpg

My wife has hands that are the same size as mine, so on her they look huge. They look normal on me, if a bit thin.

Oh, and there's only a fraction of a difference in ring sizes for us. Her wedding band is like a 7.25 and mine's a 7.5 or something.

JtgVX0H.png
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Hwow6Ql.jpg

I guess I have to point out that gender identity isn't physical so much as mental, but these cartoons are making me giggle

• gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    How many creeper points does one accrue for using an icon of a different gender? Say, a disgusted anime girl.

Also: pancakes or waffles?

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I like the girl with the awesome buff arm.

Asking anonymously because reasons. I get being respectful of how other people identify themselves, that makes total sense to me... in small scale. I have issues with this: as I understand, EVERYONE is to never assume that just because someone presents themselves as what society has commonly deemed as Female, we should not automatically assume that that person wishes to be referred to as Female and instead ask. Should we be asking every time we meet someone and don't know their pronoun pref.?

Haha this is exactly the kind of question I set the tumblr up for.

It's not necessary. I mean, consider the number of people you meet in every day life and the number who are trans or queer. A lot of people on the forum probably haven't seen a trans person in real life

"When in Rome," basically. In most social settings, asking someone their pronoun will be misconstrued as asking them what their gender is. Trans gatherings might be a little more lax. Queer gatherings would probably be a place where you would either avoid pronouns or ask anyone you haven't met yet.

I guess in some idealistic society it wouldn't be an issue but until we get to that point or even figure out what that ideal is, lets just call people the pronoun they're presenting as.

This discussion has been closed.