As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Anyone know how I can contact this enforcer?

2»

• BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Just because some people get murdered doesn't mean assault is ok. Yes, there are actual stalkers out there, and no, the people who make these threads probably aren't real stalkers, but its still at least a little creepy.
    I would like to tip my hat to those in this thread who defended it against the "it's creepy!" police.

If the he was asking about a guy, would you have reacted this way? (Don't do the "that's gay" thing. It only makes you look more foolish.)

If it was a girl asking about a guy, would you have reacted this way? (Don't do the "that never happens" thing. See above.)

If it was a girl asking about a girl... wow, ok, that's hot. Go ahead and be foolish. Wink

You're right, I'm sure nobody would of reacted this way if it were any of these situations. But, thats irrelevant because its a guy asking about a girl. Thinking that makes no difference makes you foolish.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Ghost Rider 2099Ghost Rider 2099 Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Buraisu wrote:
    You guys don't know anything. Real stalkers don't need to ask for information.. they already know! Mahahahaha :twisted:

Exactly, it's no point being scared or creeped out by some awkward shmuck, you should just be nice. Chances are the real threats you wont ever see coming. Just live every day as if it was your first.

Ghost Rider 2099 on
    5.gifCrackdown_21.thumbnail.jpgI follow console news because it's fun, like tracking the rivalries in what was once called the World Wrestling Federation. There are larger than life characters. There are signature techniques.
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    JoahW wrote:
    I would like to tip my hat to those in this thread who defended it against the "it's creepy!" police.

If the he was asking about a guy, would you have reacted this way? (Don't do the "that's gay" thing. It only makes you look more foolish.)

If it was a girl asking about a guy, would you have reacted this way? (Don't do the "that never happens" thing. See above.)

If it was a girl asking about a girl... wow, ok, that's hot. Go ahead and be foolish. Wink

You're right, I'm sure nobody would of reacted this way if it were any of these situations. But, thats irrelevant because its a guy asking about a girl. Thinking that makes no difference makes you foolish.

Ideally, it would make no difference, but I concede that we do not have ideal conditions. But I think that in the context of these forums, and especially this thread, it does actually make no difference. I would think that the only time the male->female issue really makes a difference is when we acknowledge that, on average, males are more likely to commit crimes (stalking) and are more capable of inflicting damage (rape, murder). These are facts supported by data and research, but I don't see how they're relevant here. This thread is so far away from the place where those observations are needed. And it's frustrating to me to see this thread dragged down to that level via the "this is creepy" rhetoric.

:|

DJBreslin on
  • JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    DJBreslin wrote:
    JoahW wrote:

Ideally, it would make no difference, but I concede that we do not have ideal conditions. But I think that in the context of these forums, and especially this thread, it does actually make no difference. I would think that the only time the male->female issue really makes a difference is when we acknowledge that, on average, males are more likely to commit crimes (stalking) and are more capable of inflicting damage (rape, murder). These are facts supported by data and research, but I don't see how they're relevant here. This thread is so far away from the place where those observations are needed. And it's frustrating to me to see this thread dragged down to that level via the "this is creepy" rhetoric.

:|
    Well, I'll agree with you here. This thread specifically didn't have much of a creepy vibe to it. (especially in comparison to the other one.)

I must defend the "this is creepy" bit, though. I don't think any of us think anyones seriously going to get raped or stalked here. Instead of a defense for the chick, I'd say its a defense for the dude against himself for going the wrong way about things. Again, this thread doesn't have much or any of that though.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    jieun wrote:
    DJBreslin wrote:
    I was about to make a post/thread/something asking about this one guy, but then decided not to when I saw this thread with all the ZOMG CREEP stuff.

._.

I feel like a creep, too.

Are you that chick that was wearing a green button up on Saturday (and i think sunday) of PAX? Howdy.

xxhennersxx on
  • jieunjieun Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Are you that chick that was wearing a green button up on Saturday (and i think sunday) of PAX? Howdy.
    Yes. Saturday but not Sunday. Hello. Who are you?

jieun on
This discussion has been closed.