As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Choose Your Own Adventure - Vampire: The Masquerade: Nightlife

Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLYT O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
edited August 2013 in Critical Failures
RPVxYz8.png

What is Vampire: The Masquerade: Nightlife?

Nightlife is a Choose Your Own Adventure story set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe. Vampire is a RPG system that has been adapted into several video games, most notably 2004's Bloodlines. In Vampire games, you play someone navigating the supernatural world of Vampires. Vampires must feed off humans to survive, and the transition from prey to predator is often a troubling one. Vampires have lost the ability to be warm, experience sunlight, or live a normal life. In exchange, they have powers and strengths that make them fearsome creatures.

Most civilized Vampires fall under the Camarilla. From the White Wolf Wiki:
The Camarilla is the largest of vampiric sects, a loose organization which ostensibly represents and protects all vampires by enforcing and promulgating the Masquerade. It is currently composed of six clans, though officially it considers all Kindred under its purview and welcomes any that obey its laws. In addition to preventing the growing mortals masses from discovering the existence of vampires, the Camarilla aims to maintain the status quo of Kindred society; as such, much of its structure and traditions mirror that of Cainite society in Europe in the Dark Ages

The other two main factions in this world are the Anarchs, a group of vampires who reject the traditional power struggle of the Camarilla but embrace their beliefs in keeping a civilized society, and the Sabbat, an army of savages who wish to rule the world through might.

The Camarilla and the Anarchs enforce the Masquerade - the act of keeping this society secret from humans. Failure to keep the Masquerade has dire, and sometimes lethal, consequences.

In Nightlife, the player will take control of someone who is new to this world.

Who Can Participate in Nightlife?

Anyone! I will be telling a story that you direct. At the end of each story installment, you can participate and give your input.

Do I Have To Be Experienced In Vampire: The Masquerade Lore to Play?

Nope! This game is designed to be welcoming to even the newest of newbies to this world. Everything will be explained, and it won't dive into the deepest or most confusing parts of the lore.

How Do Choices Work?

Each installment will end with a choice. Whichever choice gets the most support wins, and that is the course that the main character will take. The main character may meet and interact with a whole variety of NPCs, but they will be the only controllable party. Choices will have consequences, so pick carefully!

How Often Will Nightlife Update?

Hopefully daily. I will be using art to forward the story, but if my wrist is acting up or I'm having a shit day then it will be a text only installment for the day.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    MALKAVIAN!

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    sIKEwCc.png

You are a twenty two year old person living in Toronto. You lost your job last month because of layoffs, and you haven't mustered the energy to start looking yet. You live alone, and you have enough savings to keep you afloat for a couple of months. You haven't hung out with any of your friends in a while - they're all busy with school and parties. Your sleep schedule is way out of sync and you're getting pretty depressed. The Internet is where you spend most of your time these days.

Suddenly, Bug a Buddy beeps.

6VTiEsh.png

Speaking of that... what gender are you? Are you...

1) Male
    2) Female

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Male

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    MALE-KAVIAN!

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    Female

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Female.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Female

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • AarsethAarseth Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Female.

Aarseth on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Male

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    HIpo4s3.png

Your name is Frances Stone. Glad that's settled!

You still have the IM flashing on your screen.

How do you respond?
    1) Answer earnestly.
    2) ASL? Really dude??
    3) Fuck off.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    ASL? Really dude??

21stCentury on
    ASL? Really dude??

ASL? Really dude??

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    ASL? Really, dude?

edited August 2013
    CGQVGZI.png
    G6xw6wU.png
    He seems contrite enough.

1) Whatever, I'm just glad to meet someone friendly.
    2) And who are you again?
    3) Okay, great. Now fuck off.

And who are you again?

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Okay, great. Now fuck off.

And who are you again?

edited August 2013
    IJDwrxS.png

1) Sure, why not?
    2) ...Did you just say businesses? The type that hire, maybe?
    3) Not interested.

1) Sure, why not?

...Did you just say businesses? The type that hire, maybe?

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Sure, why not?

"We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

not interested

Blood and Fire
    edited August 2013

qdByWxi.png
    UXAlJQ4.png
    bi5GGCg.png
    You hate dad jokes.

edited August 2013
    yg27Ev2.png

1) I'm STRONG. I can lift heavy packages with ease without breaking a sweat.
    2) I'm SOCIAL. I can work a room and charm a customer like no one else.
    3) I'm SMART. I make good decisions and know useful things at the right time.
    4) I'm SWEET. People naturally like me. Things come easily to me. I have more resources than less kind people.

I'm SMART. I make good decisions and know useful things at the right time.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I'm sweet

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular

smart

Blood and Fire
    edited August 2013

08IhsL5.pngLhygJ4U.pngeho0tdM.png9lxnGRB.png

edited August 2013
    kKdrNYj.png

1) I'm SOFT. Physical challenges are tough for me.
    2) I'm SHY. Crowds are scary and I have few friends.
    3) I'm SHELTERED. I grew up in an environment where I never had to learn street smarts.
    4) I'm a SUCKER. I never see the dark side of a situation until it's too late.

3) I'm SHELTERED. I grew up in an environment where I never had to learn street smarts.

I'm a Sucker.

I am a sucker

Blood and Fire
    I'm SHELTERED