As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Marvel Heroes] Hulk Smash This Thread, Please Seek Life Model Decoy

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    Most of Emma Frosts costumes from the comics are like that one, and it is one of her most iconic.
    I am hoping her cape/shawl thing+long pants outfit makes it in as a costume.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I wonder where the Spidey 2099 and Superior costumes are?

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Viking wrote: »
    Most of Emma Frosts costumes from the comics are like that one, and it is one of her most iconic.
    I am hoping her cape/shawl thing+long pants outfit makes it in as a costume.

Do you mean her modern, pre-NOW costume? The one she wore in Whedon's Astonishing X-Men and most books from then until NOW? If so, that's her default outfit.

• darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Well they would be silly not to include it, it's one of her most iconic costumes and what she wore during the Grant Morrison run that solidified her as a major character in the franchise.

Same reason there are so many hideous 90s costumes in the game.

You take that back right meow! The 90s costumes are outstanding. Also, I hate the idea of spending money on a costume, but I have no choice but to get that Emma costume.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Ghost Rider being on the short list is fantastic. I really hope this game gets its shit together so that I can be hype about Johnny without that brain cell in the back of my head going "mistaaaaaaaake."

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Man, I have a +20 rarity costume core, plus +8 on my quiver and I have a +50% buff going for two hours; didn't find one damn upgrade, and didn't even see hide nor hair of a cosmic. Also got about 12 splinters. That enanced special item find is really paying off!

Undead Scottsman on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Oh hey, Emma's worst costume.

I mean, she doesn't really have a lot of great costumes, but that is definitely her worst.

I'd kind of like to see the outfit she wore as a teacher during the Generation X stuff make it in,
    generation_x_by_chris_bachalo.jpg

EDIT: Well shit, I just noticed that Spider-Man Noir is a new fortune card costume. I hope you can buy the new fortune cards with shards too, but even then I still haven't gotten the costumes I wanted from the first fortune card. :(

Maddoc on
    Emma has had lots of good costumes. She has a pretty extensive wardrobe.

I'm sure Phoenix 5 and NOW will be some of the earliest ones we get, as they're her most recent duds.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Emma has had lots of good costumes. She has a pretty extensive wardrobe.

I'm sure Phoenix 5 and NOW will be some of the earliest ones we get, as they're her most recent duds.

I feel like you and I have very different opinions on what constitutes good costumes.

edited August 2013
    I don't think liking Emma's style is a particularly uncommon opinion. She's a fashionable lady who's worn a lot of outfits, some only showing up for an arc or issue.

The Quietly outfit is dumb and I don't think the NOW outfit works for her but I think pretty much everything she's worn as a real x-man outside those two outfits has looked really nice.

Also her two main Gen-X outfits and her OG White Queen look get a thumbs up from me. Though I don't think the latter works when she's not a villain.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Darth NathanDarth Nathan Registered User regular
    I just discovered this game; good grief it is amazingly fun. For some reason the combat feels way better to me than Diablo 3 or Torchlight...also the fact that for whatever reason the screen scrolling doesn't give me motion sickness like most Diablo clones do.

Quick question; is the power tree cumulative? Do I need points in earlier abilities to get later ones? Or are abilities further down the tree gated only by level, allowing me to skip stuff?

camo_sig2.png
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    If there are arrows between the powers you need a point in the earlier ability. Note that lots of times earlier abilities will gives % boosts to later skills (and vice versa) depending on ranks.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • EnderEnder Registered User regular
    I dunno, her P5 costume isn't so bad.

I mean, sure, it's hot pants and pasties, but it's a bit more tasteful than some of the things she's worn. Like her old-school corset and thong combo.

Partial patch notes are up. Too many to try and repost on my ipad. :D

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/19429/partial-patch-notes-1-2-teaser-preview#latest

• CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    Do we have a line on when 1.2 will be happening for reals?

Marvel Heroes – Teaser Notes for Game Update 1.2

Expected Release Date

The patch will be ready Thursday of this week or early next week. It will be released when it is ready and has no significant remaining issues or bugs.

Overview

This patch represents a major step forward in the combat and item system for Marvel Heroes. With a complete retuning of survivability and defense across the board.

As our design philosophy suggests, we concentrated on identifying the most effective powers and buffing all the rest of the powers and heroes to that top-damage range. Several weeks of testing, with an increasing number of external testers have got us to a solid spot.

Here are some of the highlights of the patch.

Relics

A new item type, Relics, has been added to Marvel Heroes.

Relics are powerful fragments of epic civilizations in the Marvel universe.

Relics have their own new item slot.

Relics can be found on any enemy type and are affected by Special Item Find.

Relics can stack up to 999 in the new Relic slot. Once stacked together, they may not be unstacked.

Relics may not be traded and are bound to a hero once used.

Each relic in a stack confers two advantages: +1 health for each relic in the stack, up to +999 health for a complete stack, and a bonus to one additional stat - with gradual diminishing returns as you add more and more relics.

There are currently 7 different relic types in the game, including crit damage, move speed, melee damage, ranged damage, thorns, lifesteal and spirit.

Getting a full stack of relics could take weeks or months but completing a full stack will end up granting 999 health and an extremely large bonus to another stat.

The first player to get a full stack of 999 relics (of any type) will be invited to work with the design team and create a new artifact or unique item to be added to the game. They are welcome and encouraged to also involve the community to help shape their design ideas.

Artifacts

Two new artifacts have been added to the game: Pluvian Superconductor and Serum of the Seraphim.

All artifacts have received a design pass to work under the new defense system. They will continue to receive design adjustments after patch 1.2 to ensure they are at the appropriate power level befitting their special status in the game.

Unique Items

Unique items have been added to Marvel Heroes!

Unique items can appear in the 5 basic item slots for all heroes. They are extremely rare and powerful.

Unique items have a dark brown item name.

Unique items can appear at any level, with scaling abilities based on the level of enemy from where they are found and a random for each bonus on the item.

The rarity boost stat affects how frequently unique items drop.

Unique items are bound to account when found and cannot be traded to other players. This means uniques are truly “self-found”.

Many new unique items will be added every month for all existing and new heroes. We do not plan to ever announce or list which unique items are in the game.

Some unique items can be used by multiple heroes. Example: Anti-Metal Ammunition can be used by all heroes with guns.

Emma Frost

Emma Frost has joined Marvel Heroes!

Emma Frost features several unique game mechanics, including the ability to mind control others permanently as “minions” and instant changing Diamond Form combat powers.

Enjoy walking through Avengers Tower with a T-Rex or mind-controlling interesting champion enemies (complete with buff auras) or even enslaving Cyclops from the Mr. Sinister encounter!

Emma has many build options. Players can focus on Telepathic powers, tanky melee powers, minion-focused builds or various combinations.

Emma Frost is available from the G store (1100 G) or using the free-hero-system from the Eternity Splinter vendor (400 splinters). She will likely have a starter pack option as well.

As promised, Ultimate pack owners will receive Emma Frost, her default costume and two additional costumes for free. Thank you for your support!

Performance Upgrades

Launcher optimizations will now load the game about 20% faster.

Lower quality items now have a shorter expiration time before they disappear from the world than higher quality items, and special items like Costumes, Relics, Artifacts and Eternity Splinters now have a much longer expiration time in the world than other items.

Hundreds of small performance improvements, lighting adjustments and texture optimizations made throughout the game world.

New performance options for players to choose in the options menu.

The patching system has received further optimizations to increase speed and efficiency.

The Marvel Heroes registration page has been completely redone for improved efficiency.

Heroic and Superheroic Modes

Players may unlock Heroic mode by defeating Doctor Doom or reaching level 30.

Players may unlock Superheroic mode by defeating Doctor Doom on heroic mode or reaching level 45.

Ultimate Pack Owners

5000 ultimate pack owner names have been added to the credits section. Thank you very much for your patience!

Improved Costume Core Scaling

Crafting a Costume Core into a costume now produces a costume of the same level as the Core, and the bonuses from any affixes crafted into the costume scale based on the costume's level after crafting. This means players with higher-level cores will have stronger affixes.

To help players upgrade their core to a higher level, the cost of adding a costume core will be reduced to less than 100 credits for one week after the patch releases.

Mission Changes

Added Spider-Woman to Secrets of Madripoor mission.

Symbiote Police Station Encounter chest now drops much better loot.

Freeing Bishop from the clone tank in Sinister's Lab should give all players in the party and on the map credit.

Slightly increased the time between Venom Symbiotes spawning in the Venom supervillain event in Chapter 2.

Moderately increased time between supervillian spawns in Midtown.

Increased Midtown Mega Sentinel loot by 250%.

NPCs

Clea is now known as the "Cube Shard Collector" since she sells more items than just Bloodstone Totems.

Item Functionality Improvements

Darkhold Scroll has new visual effects to indicate when a hero is revived.

Experience orbs from bosses will last 3 minutes before decaying, allowing you to comfortably watch all cut-scenes and get orbs afterwards.

Maht’s Arrowhead has dramatically reduced cooldown so it will trigger more frequently.

Many artifacts and medallions have improved tooltips to increase clarity for players.

The Plandanium Graft now gives a bonus to maximum health instead of increasing the max percentage of damage your armor can absorb, which is an outdated concept with the new defense system.

The Promethium Splinter costume core is now called a Promethium Fragment. This will help differentiate it from the Eternity Splinter.

A STASH has been added to the SHIELD training room.

Pets

Player-summoned allies (pets) have received a full tuning pass. In general they have higher defense, higher health and higher damage.

Pet AI and behavior has been improved.

Loot

Enemies drop loot in a tighter level range. The chance of finding an item that is much lower level than the enemy has been reduced.

Miscellaneous Changes

Red Terminals are now soloable by well-geared, skilled players.

Red Terminal bosses have an increased chance to drop unstable molecules.

Added a small chance to gain “higher level loot” from enemies. Up to 3 levels higher for very lucky rolls.

The “Defeats” stat for all players is being reset to zero.

“Blue” aura enemies are more difficult and have improved loot.

“Yellow” aura enemies are even more difficult and have improved loot.

Juggernaut Unstoppable Charge power increased in damage.

Living Laser teleport range reduced.

Reduced volume and quantity of Brood creature voice-over in Midtown.

Hood uses his Double Tap power more frequently.

Shocker uses his Knockback Power Punch more frequently.

Controls and User Interface

Escape now skips all intro movies.

Tooltips for items on ground are layered by rarity. The rarest items now always appear in front of lesser-rarity items.

Fullscreen, windowed and fullscreen windowed modes all available.

Experience bar coloring changed to yellow to match experience orbs.

Massive changes to floating combat numbers, including many size and display options.

New interface display for buffs and debuffs in lower right corner. Can be clicked to switch between various options.

Minimap zooms with + or – keys.

Minimap border indicates current difficulty (green, orange, red) for Normal, Heroic and Superheroic.

Improved many tooltips throughout the game, including stats section of character sheet.

U key now activates Ultimate power. (Expect to trigger this accidentally while looking for social panel)

M key activates a Medi-Kit from inventory.

O is the new social panel.

Move speed bonuses from items now display to one decimal place for additional precision.

Removed the term “Force” from character sheet as it currently can never be modified or interacted with in any way.

All aura buffs apply to all nearby allies – even outside your group.

Damage affixes on costumes now work properly.

Crit Rating

Players have a critical hit rating that converts a critical hit chance against an equal level enemy. Player critical hit rating will remain roughly equal unless using items much too low for them.

The critical hit artifacts in the game have been significantly buffed in one or more ways to keep player numbers roughly the same or better in many cases. This replaces the golden-age artifacts plan (for simplicity).

Defense Rating

All players have a defense rating that converts into % damage reduction from enemies.

This system greatly reduces the “1-shot” effect when facing bosses or very tough enemies.

Gearing for defense is now a very solid plan for any type of hero (ranged or melee).

Enemies also have defense ratings, making defense penetration a useful stat, particularly with certain combinations of attacks against certain enemies.

Dodge Rating

All players have a dodge rating that converts to a dodge chance against an equal level enemy.

All dodge levels in the game are scaled down proportionally (both enemies and players) to properly accommodate the new defense system. Players no longer need to rely solely on dodge to stay alive, but may still gear for dodge, defense or health as they desire to accommodate their build choices.

Hero Powers and Stats

Players can now see the stats for a power’s first level, even if that power has not been unlocked.

Players now have a critical hit, dodge and defense rating. (more details to be added)

Damage-over-time powers have been re-engineered completely. They now behave more consistently with other powers for things like defense application, criticals and damage multipliers. The net result is a very large buff to almost all DOT powers.

Each DOT now does significantly more damage over time, but the same DOT will not stack multiple times on players or enemies.

Most power synergies were removed and the affected powers buffed significantly. This frees up points for many heroes to have more build options.

Many prerequisites were removed from powers to allow heroes to have more flexibility in their builds.

Most item and hero powers that provided invulnerability or % damage reduction now provide Defense instead. Invulnerability was needed under the previous defense system to keep players alive in extreme boss fights, but is no longer a crutch for player survivability.

Defense penetration is completed reworked along with enemy defense and health. It will be much more powerful for boss fights, although the raw numbers on the character sheet will be lower.

Many hero powers have improved animations to make them responsive. Too many to list.

Many power bugs were fixed. These included issues of poor scaling with items (damage multipliers), incorrect targeting behavior or general functionality. Every hero will quickly notice improvements in many powers.

Several heroes (example: Black Panther) have had tooltip reworks to divide the tooltips into sections with additional specific power information. This upgrade will be applied to all heroes over the next month.

Power Scaling

All powers now scale up to level 60 perfectly. The 20th rank in every power is now unlocked at level 60. This has significantly increased the damage on powers that were given out starting at low levels.

This opens up many more viable build options for players and removes the concept of earlier powers being weaker.

Note that this greatly increases the value of +1 to all skills and +bonus skills to a power since every bonus rank does much more damage than previously.

All items granting +skills have been automatically adjusted to accommodate the new system, taking into consideration how much damage each rank provides. An item that buffed a power by +5 ranks, might now buff it by +3 ranks but the buff may have significantly more impact on the actual damage.

Specific Hero Changes

Every hero has received a full damage rework resulting in increased damage on any power that was not doing enough damage to be competitive with the best powers.

An extreme amount of analysis and testing was done to determine the top of the power curve and bring all heroes to the top of the curve – this buffed 95% of powers.

Black Panther

In addition to a full pass of power damage, Black Panther has received two quality-of-life improvements. A design review of Black Panther is planned for the near future.

Panther Grace now grants Tenacity against all crowd control types.

Vibranium Trap now explodes 1.5 seconds after use (down from 2 seconds) in order to be more responsive and flexible in fights.

Black Widow

Black Widow has received a full design pass for damage, durability, build variety, responsiveness and overall fun.

Agile Strike Attack spread increased 25%. Agile Strike has gained a chance to deal bonus energy damage and stun your target.

Red Room Reflexes The damage bonus now affects all powers, not just those in the Agility tree.

Escape Roll now gives Black Widow crowd control immunity for a short duration after rolling.

Elusive Kick Now drops an explosive upon performing the flip kick.

Sudden Slash Attack speed increased 20%, and hits a wider area of effect.

Painful Precision Reworked, and is now a part of the Weaponry tree. The passive now grants critical strike chance, and reduces enemy defenses when you critically strike.

Roundhouse Kick Now gains bonus crit damage with power points. No longer causes knock back.

Acrobatic Assault No longer requires a power point in Evasive Roll.

Snap Shot Now gains bonus crit damage with power points.

Timely Reload Has been reworked, and renamed to 'Master of Munitions'. Master of Munitions grants passive spirit regeneration, and restores a small amount of spirit when you critically strike.

Deadly Shot Now deals bonus damage based on how far you are from your target.

Stinging Barrage Now gains base attack speed with power points.

Rolling grenades Rolling grenades now throws in a straight line pattern. The grenades will detonate in sequence, causing damage to enemies at all ranges.

Widow's Kiss Now reduces enemy damage for a duration.

Superior Intel Now passively increases Black Widow's defense penetration.

Timed Explosive Now places a group of mines, and has a short cooldown. The mines no longer knock back.

Remote Detonation now guarantees all mines exploded via the remote detonator will critically strike.

Micro-Drones tooltip has been clarified to demonstrate the drones work as pairs.

Widow's Bite - Increased the damage and damage scaling, reduced the knockdown duration scaling.

Coup de Grace - Attack speed increased 15%.

Rolling Grenades now scales up with power points.

Cable and Colossus

Damage and toughness upgrades only. No major powers changes until next patch.

Captain America

Heroic Charge and Dynamic Charge now always knock down targets.

Cap's Shout powers now scale their temporary boost effect in addition to the aura effect and boost duration.

Shield Toss damage increased greatly.

Shield Bounce damage increased greatly.

Cyclops

Trained Punch now grants Cyclops a defense buff for a short duration.

Cyclops' Optic Blast now has an attack rate of 3.0 instead of 2.5

Cyclops' Piercing Blast now pierces through some amount of energy defense.

Daredevil

Daredevil's Whirling Club can now be channeled from one activation into the next.

Man Without Fear: Power now also grants a tenacity bonus.

Elektra's tooltip no longer displays health or defenses. Elektra was made invulnerable in a recent patch and this information is no longer necessary.

Radar Ping - Tooltip clarified to state the effects only apply to Daredevil.

Daredevil's Restorative Trance no longer reduces Daredevil's defenses while active.

Club Strike damage increased.

Taser Club damage increased.

Club Throw damage increased by 33%.

Rebounding club damage increased.

Animation speed of Triple Strike's third attack sped up by 35%.

Opening Lunge now does damage in a circle around Daredevil's impact point (improved from a narrow wedge).

Deadpool

God Mode and Power Ups now display more information about their effects in the tooltip.

Removed Deadpool's secondary resource “Pain”.

Stabby Flip no longer requires pain to stun enemies – it does so automatically.

Stabby Flip spirit cost reduced to 10 (down from 17).

More Bullets no longer uses pain.

Spirit return on More Bullets increased by 100%.

Swift Kick animation time sped up by 24%.

Swift Kick no longer uses the Pain secondary resource.

Swift Kick damage increased.

Swift Kick spirit cost reduced to 10 (down from 12).

Stop Drop and Roll no longer uses the pain secondary resource.

Stop Drop and Roll spirit cost reduced to 10 (down from 15).

Bodyslide by One no longer uses the pain secondary resource.

Get Better Fast no longer uses the pain secondary resource.

Get Better Fast healing increased by 50%.

Li'l Deadpool no longer uses the pain secondary resource.

Li'l Deadpool damage increased greatly.

Flesh Wound area width increased by 100%.

Flesh Wound reach increased by 30%.

Deadpool's Pirate Costume now has Flintlock Pistols!

Hawkeye

All damage increased significantly.

Volley Spirit cost now only increases when the number of projectiles fired increases.

Hulk

Hulk's Ultimate's now automatically stuns so it can also hit with second impact.

AOE Ring added to Hulk's Ultimate power to display enemies being sucked in towards Hulk.

Added cooldown equal to duration on Unbridled Rampage to eliminate buggy behavior.

Converted Hulk Tough and Hulk Mad to use the new crit/defense rating system properly.

Hulk's Unbridled Rampage now properly shows heal over time with "Next Rank."

Earthquake Leap can now be interrupted by voluntary movement

Added 2 second cooldown to Hulk's Earthquake Leap to offset allowing it to be animation cancelled.

Human Torch

Blazing Retribution spirt cost reduced to 10 (down from 40).

Added stat progressions to Human Torch.

Increased cast speed of Bouncing Fireball.

Cleansing Fire now grants crowd control immunity instead of a large amount of tenacity.

Iron Man

Death From Above can now be interrupted by voluntary movement

Iron Man's Jet-Assisted Slam is now correctly keyworded as a movement power and will respond to movement power triggers properly.

Added 2 second cooldown to Iron Man's Death From Above to offset allowing it to be animation cancelled.

Iron Man's Death From Above damage has been massively increased. The power now has a brief cooldown.

Jean Grey

Major changes, notes in progress.

Ms Marvel

Ms Marvel's Haymaker VFX revised to match new animations.

Roundhouse Kick now knocks down enemies rather than knocks back.

Punisher

Punishers Quick Escape is now a forwards tumble, not a backwards roll.

Rocket Raccoon

Increased damage dealt by Energy Turret.

Increased hit box size of Tactical Destruction significantly.

Increased Gravity Mine damage significantly.

Groot no longer has a long delay between his attacks.

Blaster Turret's rate of fire has been increased. Pew pew.

Suppression Turret now deals AOE damage in addition to stunning.

Scarlet Witch

Increased damage and spirit cost of Implosion by 90% and 66% respectively.

Converted Menacing Hex to be a powerful homing shot with spirit cost.

Removed Crit Chance debuff from Chaos Magic. Added max spirit buff to Chaos Magic.

Increased Scarlet Witch's ranged powers' hit boxes for increased playability.

Spider-Man

With the new defense system, Spider-Man is much less dodge reliant than he was in the past and can take a few hits. Because dodge levels are lower across the board, we added always-on passive Tenacity to Spider-Man to help him avoid crowd-control effects.

Spider-man's slowing and immobilizing powers now tag enemies as "Webbed" even when the slow or immobilize is resisted or prematurely ended. This allows Sticky Strike to deal double damage against bosses or other characters with high tenacity.

Amazing Bagman costume has a sign on his back now.

Tumbling Assault's stun duration has been increased to 2 seconds (up from 0.8).

Storm

Thundering Maelstrom's lightning strikes are now flagged as Area powers.

Thing

Rocky, Crippling and Bruising Punch's attack speeds have increased.

Backhand Smash and Brickyard Headbutt attack speed has increased.

Bash attack speed has been increased moderately.

Bash and Headbutt have had their area of effect range increased by roughly 25%.

Crushing Leap now deals significantly more damage and has a brief cooldown.

Bashful Benjy has been removed from Thing.

New passive for Thing's Brawler tree. This passive increases Thing's damage against targets that are currently attacking him.

Directed Shockwave's travel speed has been increased by 30%, and its width has been doubled.

Hindering Hide has been merged with Jagged Defender. Jagged Defender now has a 100% chance to deal damage and slow melee enemies that attack you.

Rockslide Charge now deals aoe splash damage at the end of the charge. Enemies you collide with are stunned, and enemies hit by the splash damage are knocked down.

Backhand Smash now deals +50% damage against stunned, and +50% damage against knocked down enemies. No longer has a chance to stun.

Yancy St. Taunt's duration now scales with power points.

Clobbering Time now has an attack/move speed buff and defense buff (in addition to damage), and grants crowd control immunity during its duration. Clobbering Time now has a cooldown which scales down with power points.

Guardian Aura now increases the party's maximum health in addition to defense.

Offense Aura now increases the party's defense penetration in addition to damage.

Stability Aura now increases the party's spirit regeneration in addition to tenacity.

All 3 auras now affect all allies on screen.

Endure Assault's recurring endurance cost has been reduced to 10 (down from 12) per second.

Directed Shockwave's attack speed increased significantly.

The was longer than I expected.

edited August 2013
    In fact, too long for one post, barely:
    Thor

Thor's Call the Lightning now delivers all of its damage in a single powerful lightning strike. This change is to differentiate Call the Lightning from Bring the Thunder and make both powers viable under different situations.

Thor's Bring the Thunder now has a chance to stun during its entire duration, not just during the initial cast of the power.

Increased bonus damage and crit rating from Odinforce on God Blast by 50%.

Thor's Asgardian Smite damage has been massively increased. The power now has a brief cooldown.

Wolverine

Bloody Sweep is now red and Eviscerate is now orange.

Who cares about Thor anyways?

Damn, aggressive aura Thing's are going to be a lot more popular. Bonus damage to all on screen? Shame this will probably deincentivise grouping.

The buff all his auras actually. Still think aggressive wins out but I'd have to see numbers on the bonus health or spirit regen he gives. The spirit regen might have possibilities.

Also Widow is now officially a crit-fisher character.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Quick question; is the power tree cumulative? Do I need points in earlier abilities to get later ones? Or are abilities further down the tree gated only by level, allowing me to skip stuff?

Welcome! And to answer your question: It depends on the ability. If the one further down has arrows from earlier skills pointing to it, then you need at least one point in the previous skills to get it. Otherwise, it's just gated by level. If you hover over an ability while looking at your trees, it will tell you what abilities (if any) are prerequisites for it.

edited August 2013
    Rockets buff seems to mostly be to turrets, which I barely use :(

Though it seems between pet buffs and his own buff, Groot should be awesome.

Still see no reason to active use spirit on Rocket; Just save it for Groot/turrets and use the basic attack still.

Depending on how often they drop, Relics will be a nice addition, giving people something else to look forward to when hunting for drops.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Chomp-ChompChomp-Chomp Shonen Princess Registered User regular
    Doomsaw wrote:
    All aura buffs apply to all nearby allies – even outside your group.

Awwwww hell yeah

Major quality of life thing right here

People are too dumb to group in MM, and you can't enter with a group.
    Seriously, I invite dudes all the time to get sweet aura action, and more than half of them don't join, and at least a quarter of them are pants on head - like, they die and don't instantly rez/teleport back to the fight.

Yes, I am quite happy that I have to rely on goosey people less in a semi-MMO.

• ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    I get invites in MM on my Storm all the time. I always join.

• skippymchaggisskippymchaggis Registered User regular
    one of the problems of grouping in MM is that splinters can drop somewhere you aren't and you don't know about it. so there was already a disincentive to group.

Not to mention is sucks when you load up on blues/purple and have to go back to town to turn them in for crafter XP, and when you try to go back it attempts to send you to the same instance, but uh-oh, it's full now!!! Granted you can just leave the group, but it's annoying.

one of the problems of grouping in MM is that splinters can drop somewhere you aren't and you don't know about it. so there was already a disincentive to group.

Between this and the crafter issue that Scotsman mentioned, I rarely ever group in MM. There's just too much going on for a group to work effectively. Until they let you join MM in a group then I don't see any real benefit to joining a group for it.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
    Uh, wow. That's one hell of a patch and sounds like a huge step in the right direction. I'll have to keep an eye on this thread and see how it pans out for when I get back from PAX.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Pretty big Nerf to Unbridled Rage. Hulk wont be tanking Mega Sentinel anymore.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
    Deadpool losing that stupid pain mechanic makes me so very happy. It really didn't fit his character in any way, shape, or form.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    Pretty big Nerf to Unbridled Rage. Hulk wont be tanking Mega Sentinel anymore.

That makes me a bit of a sad panda, but then again perhaps it's a bit of pre-emptive balancing to prepare for the new defense system so I'll wait before I start screaming bloody murder.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    so... a lot of that seems like it should be launch patch stuff. but oh well. I'm sure it will be fun

Yeah, the game seems to have been released a bit too early. Another 3 months of development would have done wonders.

• farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Even if the game released with 1.2 there is a shockingly small amount of content, I am still disappointed I cant get a kingpin gold medal, and I am completely played out of MM for the moment..

Someone recently asked how much fun a non honk for marvel or d2 would get out of MH in hours, and my answer was really bad
    about 8 hrs

So I'd like to ask the rest of you guys what that number would be for you guys, to a person who is going to just use the f2p characters.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Yay Thing balancing pass FINALLY.

"Crushing Leap now deals significantly more damage and has a brief cooldown."

I hope that is a very short cooldown as I hop around the screen and initiate with it.

• Chomp-ChompChomp-Chomp Shonen Princess Registered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote: »
    Even if the game released with 1.2 there is a shockingly small amount of content, I am still disappointed I cant get a kingpin gold medal, and I am completely played out of MM for the moment..

Someone recently asked how much fun a non honk for marvel or d2 would get out of MH in hours, and my answer was really bad
    about 8 hrs

So I'd like to ask the rest of you guys what that number would be for you guys, to a person who is going to just use the f2p characters.

I'd say about 15-20 hours assuming a few things:

1.) Player wants to get to 30 to see/use their Ultimate at least once

2.) Player trades in 200 shards (from storyline quests) for a second hero they actually want to play and [repeats 1]

3.) Player is a human being and not some maxgrind e-peen crazypants rusher

With only two out of three your assessment of 8 hours seems right.

Pretty sure my first story playthrough took like 20+ hours.

• farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Is the story really compelling tho, or something you havent seen before? Is there enough variety in bad guys to keep people engaged? I actually started skipping the story stuff in chapter 5 or so and have made it all the way through story mode.. 2x (but really gave up on the bad story board cut scenes, because they were cliche featured heroes I dont own etc. In fact I think they would have been better served to actually just use their own engine to animate them, they are beyond painful for me to watch. (of 14 characters over 30), none of the last 12 made it past chapter 4. Bonus skills hps etc be damned.

about 8 hrs

I'd say about 15-20 hours assuming a few things:

1.) Player wants to get to 30 to see/use their Ultimate at least once

2.) Player trades in 200 shards (from storyline quests) for a second hero they actually want to play and [repeats 1]

3.) Player is a human being and not some maxgrind e-peen crazypants rusher

With only two out of three your assessment of 8 hours seems right.

Id feel bad for heroes that currently have a shitty ult if someone stuck around another 6 or 7 hrs just to see it and is amazingly underwhelmed. Colossus/DD/SW/Cap (at least the first time you use it, if you are doing large group encounters completely different, but i dont think new players are into that), storm, cable all seem really unimpressive (even hulks while looking impressive fails to deliver).

Honestly I havent used an ultimate since punisher (after which I leveled Hulk/Cyke to 50, and been running red terms with my mm (for xp orbs for bad levelers... looking at you frank and cyclops).

Again to say it as politely as possible, out of the guys I have, I only really want to play 2 or 3, none feel particularly heroic in MM (unless solo), the group portion of the game is flawed, and while the initial game is 'fun' and at times even heroic, it is disturbingly shallow (partly due to so few items to choose from and partly because you level so fast as to skip past a good many of the items you do find).

I know some of gripes are being 'addressed' as to if they are fixed will be particularly hard to tell because there is no prestige system, so without getting another hero through the story I cant say if the difficultly was actually smoothed out (alternated between 80% too damn easy and the remaining 20% stupidly hard (sentinels/magneto/mutates that root in the marsh/doom).

mutates that root in the marsh

brb having a ptsd attack from my first trip through there

fortunately my second trip through there was with Colossus, who can have his CC break fairly early

Two hours with an XP pot and only made about a level and a half in the mid 40's. Thank god they're rebalancing the XP curve.

Also got a cosmic bow early on, completeing a cosmic set for hawkeye. Now I just need to find upgrades for the two sub-level 10 cosmics he has.

I think I'd agree with the 8 hour assessment, but honestly, I'm a huge D2 AND Marvel 'honk' so I find it hard to separate myself from that.

• NWKNWK Registered User regular
    Those are some damn fine patchnotes. Got a couple questions though.

As someone who hasn't been keeping up with stuff, what are the Heroic and Superheroic modes? Are they like Nightmare/Hell/Inferno for the Diablo games so we can go through the story stuff again instead of running terminals/Limbo/MM from the late 20s til 60?

For the costume cores, do the cores now have levels? I have a bankful of various cores and upgrade items I never used because I didn't have enough cash to put them on a costume. Am I understanding it correctly that whatever defensive/offensive affixes we've added to a given costume will then scale up if we slap a high level core on a costume? That would be awesome.

Steam GW2: Silas.5762
    Bad news: All your old cores are garbage now. Might as well just dump them all into your crafter.

This discussion has been closed.