As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Sixth Annual Drinking Tournament Part 1 (Official Thread!)

• MogsMogs Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Mogs wrote: »
    A question regarding money and donations. I have some friends who aren't participating who would like to "sponsor" my participation (and all those in Ravenclaw) by making donations to Child's Play. Would I be able to bring a printed out receipt from their donation on the Child's Play website and have it count towards the team total?

In the past, only donations collected at the TWDT can count towards the total. I don't really see this changing, but I would encourage your friends to donate anyhow! Or give you cash and you can donate at the crawl :P

Using outside donations to stuff your envelope that were going to CP anyway is pretty sleezy.

Well, the only reason the friend wanted to donate was because I told them about the TWDT and what it was all about. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask, but I'm not really surprised at the response/answer.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    A question regarding money and donations. I have some friends who aren't participating who would like to "sponsor" my participation (and all those in Ravenclaw) by making donations to Child's Play. Would I be able to bring a printed out receipt from their donation on the Child's Play website and have it count towards the team total?

In the past, only donations collected at the TWDT can count towards the total. I don't really see this changing, but I would encourage your friends to donate anyhow! Or give you cash and you can donate at the crawl :P

Using outside donations to stuff your envelope that were going to CP anyway is pretty sleezy.

Well, the only reason the friend wanted to donate was because I told them about the TWDT and what it was all about. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask, but I'm not really surprised at the response/answer.

Yeah, it's just that outside funds are a giant Pandora's Box that turns the TWDT into a primary school magazine sale contest. It stops being about what the people showing up can do and donate. Instead it becomes who knows the most people who can give them money.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, in no way do we want people to not donate more to child's play :) but if they're going to donate, they should just do so :)

Oh I totally get how things could get out of hand easily (it's also why I'm not surprised at the answer). He was just so excited to give money for "my team". He's a coworker and our company does a match, so it's really a double donation. Yay more money for Child's Play!

Tonight I should have photos for your enjoyment of the lovely Harry Potter themed shot glass sets we will be auctioning off.

Speaking of which, Slytherin DE will have a "Wizard's Starter Kit" for auction complete with a "potion" that I can guarantee the vast majority (potentially none) of you have never tasted before. What is it? You won't know until the auction!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    A new 24-diner opened on the Hill a few months ago and it is wonderful.
    I'll be leading any OotP Slytherins to Lost Lake after the crawl to get that greesy bomb to help with hangovers. Members of other houses are more than welcome to join.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Speaking of which, Slytherin DE will have a "Wizard's Starter Kit" for auction complete with a "potion" that I can guarantee the vast majority (potentially none) of you have never tasted before. What is it? You won't know until the auction!

So cute that the Slytherins are taking a page out of the Ravenclaw 2012 playbook. ;)

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • ikelewisikelewis Awesome Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    Are we doing auctions this year? If so who do I talk to about donating things to said auction?

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    HoH or Head Boy/Girl of your factioned House.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    As promised, some photos of shot glass sets that Ravenclaw will have available during auctions. There are six sets total.

Just the glasses...
    564414_655301419380_1145037351_n.jpg

Inside their boxes...
    1175406_655301414390_757947394_n.jpg

Boxes...
    1002911_655301409400_797821717_n.jpg

• Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular

I wouldn't go so far as to call donating money to charity sleazy but as sometimes written/sometimes unwritten rule we only collect and tally donations that are collected during the TWDT. It is how we score the houses at the end of the night.

This was just emailed out to everyone via Eventbrite but here it is just in case. I believe this is what you all have been waiting for, lovingly crafted and by @PunkJr himself.
    Gryffindor OoTP

0830 Barca vs Gryffindor DE
    0930 Linda's vs Slytherin DE
    1030 Grim's vs Hufflepuff DE
    1130 Auto Battery vs Ravenclaw DE
    1230 Barca vs Gryffindor DE

Gryffindor DE

0830 Barca vs Gryffindor OotP
    0930 Auto Battery vs Slytherin OotP
    1030 Unicorn vs Hufflepuff OotP
    1130 Linda's vs Ravenclaw OotP
    1230 Barca vs Gryffindor OotP

Slytherin OotP

0830 Grim's vs Slytherin DE
    0930 Auto Battery vs Slytherin DE
    1030 Linda's vs Ravenclaw DE
    1130 Unicorn vs Hufflepuff DE
    1230 Grim's vs Slytherin DE

Slytherin DE

0830 Grim's vs Slytherin OotP
    0930 Linda's vs Gryffindor OotP
    1030 Auto Battery vs Ravenclaw OotP
    1130 Barca vs Hufflepuff OotP
    1230 Grim's vs Slytherin OotP

Ravenclaw OotP

0830 Unicorn vs Ravenclaw DE
    0930 Barca vs Hufflepuff DE
    1030 Auto Battery vs Slytherin DE
    1130 Linda's vs Gryffindor DE
    1230 Unicorn vs Ravenclaw DE

Ravenclaw DE

0830 Unicorn vs Ravenclaw OotP
    0930 Grim's vs Hufflepuff OotP
    1030 Linda's vs Slytherin OotP
    1130 Auto Battery vs Gryffindor OotP
    1230 Unicorn vs Ravenclaw OotP

Hufflepuff OotP

0830 Linda's vs Hufflepuff DE
    0930 Grim's vs Ravenclaw DE
    1030 Unicorn vs Gryffindor DE
    1130 Barca vs Slytherin DE
    1230 Linda's vs Hufflepuff DE

Hufflepuff DE

0830 Linda's vs Hufflepuff OotP
    0930 Barca vs Ravenclaw OotP
    1030 Grim's vs Gryffindor OotP
    1130 Unicorn vs Slytherin OotP
    1230 Linda's vs Hufflepuff OotP

Bars

Barca: 1510 11th Ave Seattle, WA 98122
    Linda's: 707 E Pine St Seattle, WA 98122
    Grim's: 1512 11th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122
    Unicorn: 1118 E Pike St, Seattle, WA 98122
    Auto Battery: 1009 E Union St Seattle, WA 98122

• LuckySeanLuckySean Registered User regular
    I am so sad I am missing this year. I don't know what to do with the Horcruxes from last year :(

LuckySean wrote: »
    I am so sad I am missing this year. I don't know what to do with the Horcruxes from last year :(

Bring them with you next year.

• Jaym4nJaym4n Registered User regular
    As much as I hate to say it, it appears I'll be arriving a little late to this, probably the second bar on the route. Who should I talk to about getting my badge at that point? Would it still be my head of house(@TOGSolid in this case)?

PAX SOUTH 2017 Preparedness:
    [E] Passes [X] Hotel [X] Flight [ ] Waiting Patiently
    mHCQED9.png
  • valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    So do the team meet up any where before the first bar at 8:30? Or are we supposed to head straight the the first bar on the list? I know I have repeated this question a few times I think, I just want to be sure I have it right.

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    Head to the bar!

I'm really excited, after experiencing the nothing but Irish pubs of east's pokecrawl, heading to a punk bar, a steam punk bar, and a carnival themed bar is super exciting to me.

PW0oFIs.png
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Jaym4n wrote:
    Come find me! I will be assisting everything else while TOGS will be doing the challenges. Just find the really loud House Elf with the frog backpack. I will hook you up with your card/badge.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    edited August 2013
    valdor wrote: »
    So do the team meet up any where before the first bar at 8:30? Or are we supposed to head straight the the first bar on the list? I know I have repeated this question a few times I think, I just want to be sure I have it right.

8:30 is the kickoff time where you should be at the first bar listed on your group's schedule. That is also where to gather before the start time to catch up to your group. How early your group gets there depends on each individual team. I usually get to my starting bar at least 30 minutes ahead of time to start checking people in.

Atlus Parker on
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    Yes, it would be helpful for you to be there ahead of time. Makes checking people in easier for us.

• LadyBeeLadyBee Vancouver BCRegistered User regular
    I have never been more excited about being a Slytherin before.

Buttoneer
    Slytherin OotP HeadGirl.
  • Jaym4nJaym4n Registered User regular
    Jaym4n wrote:
    Come find me! I will be assisting everything else while TOGS will be doing the challenges. Just find the really loud House Elf with the frog backpack. I will hook you up with your card/badge.
    Awesome! Thanks. I hate it, but my flight is expected to get in at 8, but I'll be there as soon as I can!

PAX SOUTH 2017 Preparedness:
    [E] Passes [X] Hotel [X] Flight [ ] Waiting Patiently
    mHCQED9.png
  • UnfetteredUnfettered Registered User regular
    So, Eventbrite question. Has anyone had any luck cancelling a single of two tickets ordered? A friend ordered 2 tickets, but has to bail for work, and the other guy he ordered for is still coming.

If that fails, does anyone know (1) person who'd want to join the Hufflepuff DE's?

Hufflepuff DE - HoH - Huffledrunk 4 Lyf!

RIP: uncomfortably hot tire vest

u want destiny raid? We be raidin'! XBL: Unfettered
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
  • BilboFragginsBilboFraggins Registered User new member
    If there are any Houses that need a sober assistant (house elf?) I'd be glad to offer my services. I'll be coming in on the train at 8:40.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    PunkJr wrote: »

How did I not realize that half of the usual TWDT bars were right by a police station? Do you think they have a drunk (wizard) tank?

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    My new wand came in the mail yesterday. Gotta mend my Luna Lovegood skirt and then I am set. I even hand-dyed her pink jacket. So excited, you guys.

Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com

I updated the map with red markers showing bars that we've been to in the past. =)

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
  • UnfetteredUnfettered Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    2 Hufflepuff DE tickets are going back up on the Eventbrite page later tonight.

http://twdt6p1.eventbrite.com/

*EDIT* They're up.

*EDIT* They're gone!

Unfettered on
    Hufflepuff DE - HoH - Huffledrunk 4 Lyf!

RIP: uncomfortably hot tire vest

u want destiny raid? We be raidin'! XBL: Unfettered
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    Scarves are in:
    1236388_10151526672806222_220687411_n.jpg

why are you smelling it?
  • stabn_stabn_ Registered User regular
    Enigmas wrote: »
    A new 24-diner opened on the Hill a few months ago and it is wonderful.
    I'll be leading any OotP Slytherins to Lost Lake after the crawl to get that greesy bomb to help with hangovers. Members of other houses are more than welcome to join.

Chorizo and eggs one block from Grim's sounds pretty awesome!

Slytherin Headboy: Order of the Phoenix!
  • RawrrrAydaRawrrrAyda Registered User regular
    Can we agree to use #TWDT2013 for twitter/instagram/whatever? :D

@sophierocious
    HUFFLEPUFF!! '12-'13
  • frecklefreckle Registered User regular

I updated the map with red markers showing bars that we've been to in the past. =)

Awww, the formerlies are kind of sad! I miss you cafe met!!

• Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    Putting 2 tickets back up (hope it's not too late!) One Slytherin DE and one Ravenclaw DE. Hop to!

freckle wrote: »

Back in my day we used to have to take a 15 minute walk through a park just to get a glimpse at the next bar!

• stabn_stabn_ Registered User regular
    I understand some people didn't like that walk but I really enjoyed it!

Slytherin Headboy: Order of the Phoenix!
  • EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular

Back in my day we used to have to take a 15 minute walk through a park just to get a glimpse at the next bar!

You have to admit, it's a very nice park.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • ArcticXCArcticXC Registered User regular

I still have people come up to me years later saying they just remembered when I got lost and they followed me through that park.

Wiiiiiiiiizzzzzards!

• valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    Slytherin OoTP ticket back on for grabs. Lol, Once I saw a Slythin DE open I had to take it. See you All tonight

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee

So cute that the Slytherins are taking a page out of the Ravenclaw 2012 playbook. ;)

Ours isn't made with stuff you can get at the gas station down the street though.

wWuzwvJ.png
This discussion has been closed.