As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Thread is currently down for maintenance. [FFXIV SE++]

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Won't be able to play this again until at least the fourth.

I am bummed as hell about this.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • WhittledownWhittledown Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I really really wish the 5 dots ARN can use had durations that synced up nicely so i could just recast them in sequence every 30 seconds or whatever

Now I'm gonna have to come up with a rotation and shit

And also that there was a way to make it so only my dots showed up on the boss bar, which is only an issue in fates where it doesnt super matter but still, all that clutter god damn

Your dots and debuffs on the boss bar have the numbering in green so you can see which ones are ticking down. Just noticed that yesterday.

DRCdHs6.jpg?1
  • ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    Scudo wrote: »
    I'm finding it really hard to find areas with a lot of quests for my level. I just hit 23, but I had to repeat a lot of leves and fates to get there. I've travelled between the equivalent level areas around each starting city a good bit to make sure I'm not missing any, but it seems like each level gets me a handful of new ones that get me halfway to the next level if I'm lucky.

I guess it wouldn't be much of a problem if I could advance the main quest and do the instance dungeons, but the duty finder being what it is...

...the duty finder has worked fine since they turned off the login queue 2 days ago?

It has worked exactly once for me, and that time took the greater portion of three hours.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I really really wish the 5 dots ARN can use had durations that synced up nicely so i could just recast them in sequence every 30 seconds or whatever

Now I'm gonna have to come up with a rotation and shit

And also that there was a way to make it so only my dots showed up on the boss bar, which is only an issue in fates where it doesnt super matter but still, all that clutter god damn

Your dots and debuffs on the boss bar have the numbering in green so you can see which ones are ticking down. Just noticed that yesterday.

Yeah its is kind of a pale pastel green, which is useful on say a light party dungeon boss where worst case I am one of two ARN and maybe the CNJ or THM are throwing up their one dot each so I can pretty easily tell mine apart

But on a fate boss it is literally impossible to find and track 5 green numbers in a sea of white numbers underneath identical icons

Plus it really just looks ugly to have 50+ skill icons under a boss bar

2x39jD4.jpg
    also I feel insane because I'm looking up DoT durations to try and figure out a good rotation order and everything says thunder only lasts 12 seconds and aero is 18 but I was positive thunder and aero had the same duration

I mean so sure about it that, for 20+ levels, I have been casting Thunder and then Aero immediately after because the durations synced up

I hate to think I'd been wasting a good 4-6 seconds of every Aero for that long

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    What is the 5th dot for arn? Bio 2?

Yeah bio 2

Which has a 30 second duration because it wouldn't be fun if any of the ARN dots had durations that lined up perfectly with each other

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    also I feel insane because I'm looking up DoT durations to try and figure out a good rotation order and everything says thunder only lasts 12 seconds and aero is 18 but I was positive thunder and aero had the same duration

I mean so sure about it that, for 20+ levels, I have been casting Thunder and then Aero immediately after because the durations synced up

I think either you or whoever wrote what you're reading is confusing Thunder for Thundercloud, the level 28 passive trait for Thaumaturge. Thundercloud gives your Thunder spells a 5% chance per damage tick to make your next Thunder 1/2/3 do all its damage up front and be instant cast with no MP cost. Thunder the damage spell lasts for 18 seconds. The buff that Thundercloud gives lasts 12 seconds.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    So, despite them saying you'd get the special subscriber benefits immediately if you paid for 3 months up front

There doesn't actually seem to be a way to just buy 3 months outright. You can set up a 3 month billing cycle, but if you've registered your game that just means you don't get those 90 days until after the 30 day trial is over.

I can't find any way to just straight up pay for 3 months of game time.

Nearest way I can figure those people who have the benefit did it is by allowing their pre-registration accounts to lapse and go ahead and take the bump for the 90 days.

But maybe there is a way, and I'm just missing it in square enix's god awful account website.

I think either you or whoever wrote what you're reading is confusing Thunder for Thundercloud, the level 28 passive trait for Thaumaturge. Thundercloud gives your Thunder spells a 5% chance per damage tick to make your next Thunder 1/2/3 do all its damage up front and be instant cast with no MP cost. Thunder the damage spell lasts for 18 seconds. The buff that Thundercloud gives lasts 12 seconds.

This is where I got that number from

Glad to know I'm not crazy though

2x39jD4.jpg
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited August 2013

My current rotation is Bio 2, Miasma, Thunder, Aero, Bio. The reason I do Bio last is since it's an instant cast that procs the GCD, you're left with a dry spell of nothing to do.

Which is the perfect time to use Energy Drain since it acts outside the GCD. I'm hoping that Fester also acts outside the GCD like Energy Drain does.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    I tanked Ifrit on my Gladiator this morning

Not exactly mechanically involved as fights go, though better than the average low level claptrap in WoW

But fucking holy moly was that arena cool looking, and Ifrit's model was awesome and and and

you guys

I like this game

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I like how the boss music is suitably heroic.

Hell, I like how they've done the music in this game over all. I tend to turn off the music in most MMOs because it's just kinda, there, only popping up from time to time.

I probably won't ever turn FF14's music off.

• LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I gotta figure out when to start leveling other classes though

Like I gather Gladiators could really get use out of some more damage abilities, Protect and Cure from Conjurer, etc while soloing

But I could never wrap me head around that stuff

Ledneh on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Man, i keep seeing summoners running around and am left wondering how they did that. did phase 4 of the beta carry over or something? Or are people that dedicated?

Melding wrote: »
    Man, i keep seeing summoners running around and am left wondering how they did that. did phase 4 of the beta carry over or something? Or are people that dedicated?

phase 4 did in fact carry over, and some people are that dedicated

they are the crazy though

2x39jD4.jpg
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    if the dots lined up you would go

1234 ruin
    1234 ruin

kind of boring. you also lose aero when you move to summoner

efficiency is never boring

2x39jD4.jpg
    Here's all the info you'll ever need for the OP: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/start_ffxiv/

• zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    my biggest issue I have with this game is not being on the same server as @That Dave Fella

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    nah pressing 1 over and over would be efficient and really boring

Yukira wrote: »
    Here's all the info you'll ever need for the OP: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/start_ffxiv/

done

edited August 2013
    still havent been able to play in almost a week, gd login servers

zucchini said as he logs into the game.

zucchini on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    if the dots lined up you would go

1234 ruin
    1234 ruin

kind of boring. you also lose aero when you move to summoner

All efficient rotations are pretty boring when you get down to it.

I mean shit, THM 90% of the time can be reduced do:

Have mana? Fire

Don't have mana? Ice.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I love this game. I'm almost 38. I just unlocked Titan after the dumbest question chain. I was farming fates earlier in an 8 man party and it was surprisingly fun.

Please look forward to farming fates from 40-45 in Coerthas cause quests kinda fall away.

The dungeons are all super cool and involved for the most part. I got some upgrades on my Bard.

I'm going away for the weekend so I'm just going to stockpile rested for the road to 50 when I get home. Then I'm not sure what ill do, probably run a bunch of dungeons and try get gear and then level some sub classes and crafting.

There's just so much to do right now. Aaaah.

I am sad that I'm not playing with you guys but most of the goons are good people and our FC is already at max rank and we chain all the buffs!

PSN: ThatDaveFella
    Archer is totes the most fun I've had with any of the classes so far.

Buttons on buttons on buttons.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Sometimes enemy health bars have letters, what do they mean?

its the order in which they aggro onto you I think

you mean the little a b c etc next to the names?

so you can tell them apart without using the symbols maybe??? it reminds me of the chain system in ff12 which gave monsters letters like that (or I think it did, I played for like an hour over 3 years ago)

2x39jD4.jpg
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Word on the street is that Sargatanas is temporarily allowing character creation. Not sure how long that will last but if you see this message jump on it!

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    Someone with video editing powers and dulcet tones should make a "How to Pronounce Sargatanas" video.

• HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    I have now done 15 lancer on one character and 15 arcanist on the other, switching to conj and going full white mage for a while but man this game is pretty. And chaining is pretty fun too

• FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    I'm going away for the weekend. No playing until Sunday. I just want to stay home and grind Botany! Need to catch up to my cooking so I can get the right ingredients.

Hit 29 last night. I should be a Dragoon tonight!

Gonna jump on everything.

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I need to get Lancer to 34 for Invigorate. That might take a while.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Has there been any word when they might open up the SE store to buy this again?

Is that the TP restore?

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »

Is that the TP restore?
    Invigorate is the TP Restore but it's only 22.

He may mean Blood for Blood, the quite frankly absurd damage amp, which is 34?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Yeah. That's gonna be fun.

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Has there been any word when they might open up the SE store to buy this again?

My guess would be next week, when they install those server upgrades they were talking about

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy