As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii U] THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN NEW ONE!

MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice ActorKirkland, WARegistered User regular
edited November 2013 in Games and Technology
zUqXX.jpg
gF7zu.jpg

Join the PA community by having your Nintendo Network ID posted here!

READ THE SPOILER FOR INSTRUCTIONS OR YOU WON'T GET ON THE LIST!

Start by sending a PM containing your forum name/NNID to @ " MNC Dover " (remove the spaces before and after the " " marks or it won't work) to get added to the list. Please send me your info like it's shown below to make my job easier.

Also, make sure to enable your friend's list. Do this by hitting the home button on your gamepad and selecting the "friend list" icon on the far left OR going to the MiiVerse and searching for the NNID manually (recommended).

PA name/NNID
MNC Dover/MNC.Dover
Professor Snugglesworth/Pols.Voice
HallowedFaith/Cloudbomb
AngelHedgie/NoxAeternum
minor incident/minor.incident
UnbreakableVow/UnbreakableVow
Toldo/Weegian
SirUltimos/SirUltimos
urahonky/Samson
MonkeyConQueso/MonkeyConQueso
Xenogears of Bore/KingSheet
Turkey/TurkeyFried
Cloudeagle/revatt
cabbie98/cabbie98
Reynolds/RadSuit
lpburk2/lpburk2
Brainiac 8/Brainiac_8
Dritz/LostCrescendo
InvisibleInk/InvisibleInk
Khildith/Khildith
The Sneak!/TheSneak
Shadowfire/Windrunner
AbsoluteZero/AbsoluteZero
raziel_pm/RazielPrime
UncleSporky/UncleSporky
Mystic Terrapin/Ghostosaurus
MOVE IT WITH BUNMASTER!!!/spinach
Aiserou/Aiserou
Athenor/Athenor
vamen/vamenn
The_Spaniard/Span_Wolf
Warlock82/Warlock
Variable/Variable
ManetherenWolf/Manetherenwolf
Optimusbry/Optimusbry
Dracil/dracilcegon
grim123/grim123
Man of the Waves/BuckarooHoliday
BebopSamurai/BebopSamurai
maximumzero/maximumzero
Xaviar/Xaviar
OneAngryPossum/oneangrypossum
Geod/Quamel
skeldare/skeldare
Kuribo's Shoe/ShoeVonDoom
Mosez/Stormblessed
imperialparadox / imperialparadox
TheUnsane1/TheUnsane1
Sagroth/Sagroth
Agahnim / AgahnimD
Beltaine/Beltaine
LockedOnTarget/TheKruseMissile
corin7/corin7
pirateluigi/PirateLuigi
SwashbucklerXX/SwashbucklerXX
Karrmer / Karrmer
Draysoth/Draysoth1
Magic Pink/MagicPink
Mblackwell/Mblackwell
azith28/Shodan
mantis23/mantis23
RidleySaria/RidleySaria
Aoi/edison_carter
Beefjerky/Beefjerky
Beefjerky's non-PA girlfriend/Emily-Rose
Infidel/Orokos
Vicious_GSRVicious/Viciousdex
evilive72/strummer7
wallaka/wallaka
V Faction/V-Faction
TimFiji/Archpriest
Draguscloud/Dragus
TehSpectre/TehSpectre
Panax/Panax_1
BigJoeM/BigJoeM
No Great Name/SirToons
Joe Dizzy/JoeDizzy
Damagemanual/damagemanual
plufim/plufim
John Zoidberg/PAJZ83
WotanAnubis/Wotan-Anubis
Morblitz/Morblitz
H*R/WarrenMSP
draklan/Darker-Q
Chen/PAChen
Rorus Raz/Razola
louie/louieuk
dhs/dhs2004
angrysquirrel/angrysquirrel
Musiqua/Musiqua
Tpsou/TPSout
Green/AngryFrog
stlobus/Lobus42
Kafka87/Kafka87
edzepp/Edzepp
Malakaius/Malakaius
rndmhero/rndmhero
Jam Warrior/JamWarrior
losabio/losabio
Delphinidaes/delphinidaes
BronzeKoopa/hyrulefd
Grove/FallenGrove
Kaimaka/Kaimaka
Oats/Phosgene
JihadJesus/C0Y0T3_SLY
darunia106/Pirate_Burger
Conn/ConnConnor
Corpekata/Corpekata
Maz-/Maz_PA
Enlong/Enlong
Houn / DigitalArcanist
Nitsua/Nitsua16

Some important notes/tips from PA posters to help smooth out your initial Wii U experience.
1) Improving Wifi performance
-- It looks like the WII U has some issues with DHCP and automatic configuration of wifi. If you know how, manually enter your IP information into the Wii U, setting the IP Address, Subnet, and gateway to match your DHCP settings but in an area that the modem isn't giving out (up around 240-250 is usually safe). Then manually set DNS - if you don't know it, use 8.8.8.8 (google's DNS). This allowed things to work much better for me.

2) Opting in to friend requests must be done before you can receive friend requests. Do this by hitting the Home button, tapping on Friend List orange button on the left, tap on Settings, enable friend requests.

3) Why the Friends Lists are like they are:

--I wouldn't be surprised if the Miiverse servers really are integral to the Wii U's experience, and timeouts were what was causing the lag.

--Also, I think I've figured out how friend invites work, and why there are 2 different ways to enter them.

--Miiverse: Social integration. You have to opt in to allow friend requests on Miiverse (which at least 4 people in the OP haven't done, *cough cough*) . If you allow friend requests in that, then you'll get notifications when people add you through it, which can be due to profile posts or from playing with other people or all that jazz.

--If, however, you don't want the world to be able to add you, you can just have friends add you via mutual NNID exchange. This is where someone puts in your NNID into their console, and you are not informed about it... But if you put their NNID in as well, then voila! You have each other as friends. (This is how I added the 4 people in the OP who didn't have their friend requests turned on).

--So basically, Nintendo's created two avenues to add friends that are NOT mutually exclusive and can be used as a gatekeeper. If you want the world to be your friend, awesome! If you don't want the world up in your grill but you still want the ability to add friends, awesome! If you want the whole world to leave you alone, go for it.

4) The home button takes a screen shot. Once the home menu is up, you can jump to the miiverse and post it in a comment there. If you don't post it, it's gone as soon as you go back to the game, to be replaced with a new one next time you hit Home.

5) Game updates can be downloaded in the background. If you click the "Start Game" button it will begin background downloading. Then you can do whatever you want while the game update downloads. I don't know if it specifically downloads while you are in the game you're downloading for, but it definitely does if you quit out of it. There is also a "Download Manager" app on the Home button where you can see what it's doing with the downloads.

So the Wii U is Nintendo's newest console. If you wish to buy it, then you have around four flavors: Basic Humble, Deluxe Cheesecake, and Hyrulian Pecan Pie. There's also a ZombiU edition floating around.

The best bet is the Zelda edition. You get most of the perks of the Deluxe version, which means a 32gb HDD, fancy cradles for the gamepad, and a black console. You also get a shiny Wind Waker-theme gamepad and a digital copy of Wind Waker HD AND the Hyrule Historia (a book for Zelda nerds). The only reason to get the Deluxe version over this is that you don't want Wind Waker and/or REALLY want Nintendland (which, I should note, is already going for around $15 used so Wind Waker is more savings) Yes, the Zelda Wii U gets the Deluxe eShop Promotion (more about that further down this post). Either way you go, these two sets cost $299.99.

The Basic Set is pretty much on its way out. The HDD is one-fourth the size, you get none of the fancy cradles nor pack-in game, and the system is white. The only reason to want this over any other bundle is A) It's really cheap, especially used. However, this is offset by the fact that you'll need to buy a game, at which point the savings are negated. There's also B) You really don't want a black system, which makes you a total racist. In other words: do not buy the Basic System. If you decide you just have to own one, it should run about $250 (not worth it), but I've seen used ones go as low as $220 (you save about twenty bucks after buying one retail-priced game...not really worth it)

The ZombiU set was a limited run that, at the time, had some appealing features. You get ZombiU and Nintendoland, both fine games, a ZombiU book about its development, the standard black 32 gig Wii U, the fancy cradles for the gamepad, and a black Pro Controller. I dunno if it has the eShop promotion that the Deluxe set has. While this WOULD be a fantastic deal, you have to understand that both ZombiU and Nintendoland have plummeted in value, and it's not difficult to get both for around forty or so dollars. Throw in the controller and it's roughly the same value as Wind Waker HD. It's also harder to find, and not priced well (four hundred bucks in some places, a true rip-off). It is the best deal if you can find it for around $300 and would prefer ZombiU and Nintendoland over Wind Waker (with the added bonus of a pro controller). Good luck with that.

jiDF9.png
l0MZS.jpg
At the heart of the Wii U is the new tablet-esque controller that allows the player to free themselves from the cruel tyranny of the TV. The screen is touch sensitive and can be used via stylus or finger. The controller features dual stick controller (and the sticks can click for extra functionality), four trigger/bumper buttons, four face buttons, and both accelerometer and gyroscope for motion control. The Wii U actually streams content to the game pad, meaning that many games can be played entirely on the pad while your TV gets used for other crap. In fact, after you do the initial set up, you don't even need to have the Wii U connected to a TV to play it. Meanwhile, other titles will make use of the controller for a variety of gameplay purposes such as inventory management, aiming weapons, and so forth. These titles, obviously, will require a TV to play.

Another important thing to note: the tablet controller also features a camera and microphone. This will be utilized in things like Miiverse, and the Wii U comes with a video chat program installed. This video shows us some of the ways the GamePad can be utilized.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj_xW6vwK1I

The Wii U can support two of these controllers at the same time, albeit capping the frame rate at 30fps when you do so. The hardware also supports just about everything from the Wii, including the remotes, balance board, motion plus, and so forth. The Wii U also includes a sensor bar for special pointer stuff. There is also a new controller for games that don't require the extra screen. The Pro Controller is intended to be a more comfortable controller for more conventional control schemes.
ScPEn.jpg

The GamePad will NOT be available for sale in North America (and probably not Europe). The price in Japan is the equivalent of around $175, so expect a price point of $150 or so. However, until Nintendo decides to stock 'em, you're stuck with the GamePad included with your system. You will be able to call for a replacement, so don't' fret about breaking one. Note that no Wii U games at launch will make use of two GamePads.

The Pro Controller RSVPs for $49.99.

LDmS5.png
Hey, let's talk about Miiverse
i-qqjJ5H2-X3.jpg
Nintendo is basically diving head-first into online. The Wii U features standard entertainment such as YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, and so forth. The new thing here is Miiverse, which is a network that shows what people are playing, and allows you to brag, get assistance, offer comments, or post crude drawings of genitals get nailed by the frightfully alert moderation staff. The image above shows the Miis clustering around games they play, be they friends or some stranger from Utah, and comments/drawings will pop up every so often. Miiverse is entirely optional, and you can control whether you get posts from just friends, the whole internet, or nobody at all. It also can label posts as spoilers so your gaming experience is never sullied like when your friend tells you that Bowser kidnapped Peach and ruined the whole plot. There are also communities for each game that kinda act like bulletin boards, and many games will feature Miiverse posts in the game itself.

Friend Codes are dead. You make a Nintendo Network ID, and you're done. You got a friend's list, can send messages to friends, follow friend activity (kinda like Twitter), and so forth. WARNING: Your NNID is tied to the console, along with any eShop purchases you make. While it is possible to unlink an NNID, it requires a lengthy phone call to customer service and is unlikely to be fruitful unless your system broke or something. Furthermore, you can only link one Club Nintendo account to just one NNID. They're a bit more lenient about unlinking Club Nintendo accounts, but it still requires an hour on the phone listening to the lowest quality version of the Zelda theme.

Here's an annoying video to demonstrate the feature.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXfqtq_Yk0Y

The Miiverse won't just be a Wii U thing. It'll eventually be ported over to the 3DS, and you'll be able to utilize certain parts of the Miiverse on your PC, smartphones, and tablets-that-aren't-controllers. When this happens is anyone's guess.

GyPpa.png
EKtSH.jpg

TVii is a rather ambition system that tries to be an all-in-one hub for couch potatoes. Using the Wii U controller like a remote, you can browse and control various programs at any time. This is completely cross-platform, and TVii will search all of the popular streaming services in addition to live TV. Supposedly, you can control your cable box, DVR, and more with the remote for unfettered touch-based television control.

YWCnS.png
If you don't have a subscription, you can purchase the episode/subscription from the controller.

wBelL.png
Hey, the Wii U has games. Okay, not a lot, but it has some, and they're pretty great.

What's cool about the Wii U is that it's the first Nintendo home console to allow for digital purchases of full retail titles. It's worth noting that the average size of a Wii U title is 10+ GB, so you will probably need to purchase an external USB Hard Disk Drive if that is the way you want to go. The Wii U supports USB 2.0 HDDs with a maximum size of 2TB, but Nintendo says that a firmware update in the future will allow the hardware to recognize larger drives. HOWEVER, the Wii U will NEVER recognize any storage past the initial 2TB, so...just get a 2TB drive. Honestly, you don't even NEED more space than that.

It's also worth noting that Deluxe Set owners get a deal on the eShop. Every purchase you make on the eShop will give you a number of points back based on a percentage of the purchase. The end result is that you average about 10% off all digital purchases, but since the money you save goes straight into your account it's...not as nice a deal as you'd expect. You still have to spend $59.99 on Darksiders II, you just will have $5.99 on your account for other eShop purchases. This offer ends December 2014, so take advantage of it while you can.

These are all NA dates. Go...somewhere else, Europe.

OUT RIGHT THE FUCK NOW

Games in PINK are pretty much sure-deals. Games in PURPLE may require consideration, either because there are issues with the port, gameplay hiccups you may or may not tolerate, or there is simply a cheaper alternative on another platform. Everything else is probably trash or I don't know enough about it. An asterisk indicates that the game is fully playable on the game pad. Stuff in gray is shovelware or crap.

Are you lazy and just want some quick recommendations? Okay: New Super Mario Bros. Wii U, ZombiU, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, and Rayman Legends.
  • Nintendo Land
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii U*
  • Disney’s Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
  • Sonic & All-Stars: Racing Transformed* (it's really cheap on Steam now)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 2*
  • Assassin’s Creed III*
  • Darksiders II*
  • FIFA 13
  • Just Dance 4
  • ZombiU
  • Madden NFL 13
  • Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge*
  • Mass Effect 3: Special Edition*
  • Tank! Tank! Tank!
  • Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition*
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
  • Rabbids Land
  • Skylanders Giants
  • Trine 2*
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2*
  • Funky Barn
  • Toki Tori 2
  • Nano Assault Neo*
  • Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition* (An HD remake of the 3DS version)
  • Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game
  • Game Party Champions
  • Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade
  • 007 Legends
  • Little Inferno
  • Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
  • Avengers: Battle for Earth
  • NBA 2K13
  • Wipeout 3 (THIS IS NOT THE RACING SERIES)
  • Sing Party
  • Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts
  • Rapala Pro Bass Fishing
  • Transformers Prime
  • Ben 10: Omniverse
  • ESPN Sports Connection
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate*
  • LEGO City Undercover
  • Game and Wario
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist*
  • Pikmin 3
  • New Super Luigi U*
  • The Wonderful 101*
  • Rayman Legends (This is the definitive version, as the touch screen stuff was half-assed on other consoles. The only other version that comes close is maybe PC because it's twenty bucks cheaper)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (consider this a MUST BUY if you've never played it, but otherwise your purchase depends on whether or not an HD remake is worth sixty bucks)
  • Disney Infinity (it's basically Skylanders from Disney, with all of the expense that infers)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Wii Party U*

On the Horizon
  • Wii Fit U
  • Jett Tailfin
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Super Smash Bros.
  • Just Dance 4
  • Mario Kart 8
  • X (Xenosaga 2?)
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts

uEPQ1.png
Do not get attached to this thread. At some point after the Wii U launches (probably after the first holiday season), the thread will be retired. Okay, at this point it's obvious the Wii U Thread has gotten a stay of execution. This is because the system is doing terribly and there'd be practically no Wii U talk without this thread. Do not point to this thread if we decide to shut down the mega thread for some other console. Instead, take solace in knowing your hardware isn't struggling to beat the PS Vita in sales each month. Having said that, the mod staff reserves the right to shut this thread down whenever it deems fit. Especially if behavior becomes routinely toxic.

I'd like this note in every future Wii U thread.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
Steam ID
Twitch Page
MNC Dover on

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    You gotta change the Deluxe/Basic stuff now!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    The cure for a sad day

HME996j.jpg

Click to see a much larger and detailed version of that beautiful box art

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    You gotta change the Deluxe/Basic stuff now!

Good point. Done!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I shall christen the new thread with Art Academy postings.

zlCfzRGmpzc3Ezomcg

zlCfzRGlA1wczDjHmK

zlCfzRGnMFY2L0FyFw

zlCfzRGqkfwtFYol17

• Options
    EmbassyEmbassy Captain CanadaRegistered User regular
    One week ago I bought the Zombi U bundle for $350. I'm a SAD PANDA. That said, I warned myself it would happen and my self told me "You want to play Wii U TODAY, Junior!" and I agreed. My girlfriend is hooked on Arkham City and I am hooked on Earthbound (again). But damn did I ever want that Zelda Gamepad and Hyrule Historia. For the new price of 'EBGames gives me back $50'.

Add me on Wii U! NNID: DJEmbassy
    Add me on 3DS! 3351-4071-0684
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    It's just a digital Hyrule Historia

With a normal eBook I wouldn't care but a novelty book like that, I'd rather just fork over the $20 on Amazon for the real thing

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I keep thinking the WW HD Zelda should be the new Zelda. Stupid development times.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Embassy wrote: »
    One week ago I bought the Zombi U bundle for $350. I'm a SAD PANDA. That said, I warned myself it would happen and my self told me "You want to play Wii U TODAY, Junior!" and I agreed. My girlfriend is hooked on Arkham City and I am hooked on Earthbound (again). But damn did I ever want that Zelda Gamepad and Hyrule Historia. For the new price of 'EBGames gives me back $50'.

Yeah, you can't let stuff like that get to you. It's always going to happen to some people and you won that lottery this time.

But maybe that's why I like to buy stuff either at launch or really late in the game, so I don't have to worry about this as much. :P

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    Embassy wrote: »

According to people in this thread, Hyrule Historia is better as a book, so take some solace from that.

Also, welcome to the Wii U club! Nintendoland can be gotten for cheap now, get it and a wiimote if necessary. Seriously, great multiplayer fun even with just two people. Get it. It carries my seal of approval, and who can ignore the approval of someone they'll probably never meet?

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Hyrule Historia is a great, GREAT coffee table book.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    why would this be the possibly last thread?

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    So for the upcoming games coming in winter, Wii Party U is going to be bundled with a Wii Remote Plus and a special gamepad stand for $50.

Wii Party U game page on nintendo.com

cqh7l0Ru3KK5eCXzX5NPCXYhnbUp42O2.jpg

The boxart is small, but it looks like a different gamepad stand that allows the gamepad to be perfectly horizontal, for the completely off screen "tabletop" games that only use the gamepad. Without the stand the gamepad would be sort of tilted if you were to place it on a flat surface alone because of the ergonomics going on at the back.

Personally, I think they should release a Wii U bundle that comes with Wii Remotes Plus and Nunchuks. Kinda like an SNES "super set" back then if I'm remembering right (that came with like two controllers and the super scope or something). Something like a "Wii U Premium" bundle, comes with gamepad, two Wii Remote Plus and two Nunchuks along with Wii Party U. So you get that multiplayer setup right out the gate for new customers.

BronzeKoopa on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

Because console megathreads are generally disallowed on these forums.

• Options
    Houn wrote: »

oh.

but they're so helpful!

• Options
    Houn wrote: »

oh.

but they're so helpful!

I agree, but I don't make the rules; just get infracted under them.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Seriously, I cannot stress enough how all it took for Nintendo to get me interested was that Zelda-themed controller. I'm trying to figure out ways to get money to get one, but unfortunately September is just in a few days and I won't be shocked when that version of the system disappears quickly. Sad Fawst is sad.

Silly question, does the Wii U play Gamecube games, too? I know (think) the Wii did.

• Options
    Fawst wrote: »
    Seriously, I cannot stress enough how all it took for Nintendo to get me interested was that Zelda-themed controller. I'm trying to figure out ways to get money to get one, but unfortunately September is just in a few days and I won't be shocked when that version of the system disappears quickly. Sad Fawst is sad.

Silly question, does the Wii U play Gamecube games, too? I know (think) the Wii did.

I spent my evening last night playing through RezHD a final time. Pretty sure I'm gonna pull the trigger and trade in my largely-unused 360 and library for the WWWiiU.

• Options
    Wii U cannot play gamecube games and you cannot use gamecube controllers with it. Older Wiis can play gamecube games, but the new Wiis being sold are a different model that drops gamecube support.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Wii U cannot play gamecube games and you cannot use gamecube controllers with it. Older Wiis can play gamecube games, but the new Wiis being sold are a different model that drops gamecube support.

Something I still don't understand to this day. The gamecube controller is literally the best controller. If they expect me to still have my Wii hooked up after getting this WWWii U bundle, they're taking crazy pills.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Alls you gotta do is hold onto your Gamecube.

I did it. It's easy.

• Options
    I'm so sad that the analog stick on the wired controller that came with my gamecube is loose now. My wavebird controller is holding up okay but it's analog stick is getting a bit loose as well. Is there any place that still sells new official gamecube controllers, or are there any worthy third party models?

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    So I finally played Harvest Moon (from Wii U VC) last night. Maybe it's just me, but this game may have the worst localization I've ever seen in an SNES game. Dear God! Look, I get you guys were running up against weird character limits, but 4 letter names and bullet-point-like speech is pretty bad :P (everything being explained in two word sentences is just weird)

I'm still not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing here tho. I planted some turnips and potatoes... I guess I just keep planting and dumping stuff in the bin to sell? I dunno. I have no direction here :P And the townspeople are stupidly unhelpful with their four word responses :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    To this day, I maintain the HM 64 was the best of the series.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I more prefer Rune Factory to vanilla Harvest Moon to be honest. I'd love a Wii U Rune Factory.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Oh hi thar new thread.

I've unfortunately skipped over Pikmin 3 for the moment, and I don't see myself picking up 101 at launch.

But I'm spending lots of hours in Disney Infinity.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Oh hi thar new thread.

I've unfortunately skipped over Pikmin 3 for the moment, and I don't see myself picking up 101 at launch.

You better not be the reason Wonderful 101 fails!

:P

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular

I did it. It's easy.

Well it does have a handle.

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited August 2013

I did it. It's easy.

Hell, I saw one at a Goodwill a week ago. For $9.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    $9 for a Gamecube is a goddamn steal.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Good luck on that. Might not even work. I remember buying a PS2 at goodwill.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    JihadJesus wrote: »

I did it. It's easy.

Hell, I saw one at a Goodwill a week ago. For $9.

And for a few dollars more, you can even make your GC fully backwards compatible with GBA games!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Define a "few".

Game Boy Players ain't cheap.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    The cure for a sad day

HME996j.jpg

Click to see a much larger and detailed version of that beautiful box art

One thing I can say is that Nintendo usually has some of the best box arts ever.

This is a thing of beauty!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Oh hi thar new thread.

Unfortunately due to the niche nature of the title and the low userbase of the Wii U, it's doomed to fail regardless, I believe.

That being said, it's extraordinarily rare that I buy games at launch anyway unless it's some sort of limited edition or there's a particularly good deal going.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Oniros25Oniros25 Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Oh hi thar new thread.

Unfortunately due to the niche nature of the title and the low userbase of the Wii U, it's doomed to fail regardless, I believe.

That being said, it's extraordinarily rare that I buy games at launch anyway unless it's some sort of limited edition or there's a particularly good deal going.

Perhaps my personal campaign to gift W101 to every single person I know will help it from being a fai-oh who am I kidding, that's only like twelve copies.

Nintendo Network ID: Oniros
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7489-3097
  • Options
    Thankfully I do still have my Gamecube and GBA adapter for it. What I don't have is a component cable for it.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I always liked how the Super Nintendo, the Nintendo 64, and the GameCube, could all use the same component cable.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    What's great with the launch Wiis that have gamecube compatibility is that gamecube games can detect the component inputs on the Wii. It's easier to find Wii component cables than gamecube components I'd imagine. That's why I'm hanging on to my Wii console, it's effectively a gamecube box at this point to me.

BronzeKoopa on
  • Options
    JESUS CHRIST! I just looked on eBay for component cables for the Gamecube. $108 including shipping is the currently cheapest one I can find. That is absolutely ridiculous.

• Options
    Man I knew I should have held onto my cables a little longer. Sold them for $40 a few years ago.

This discussion has been closed.