As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help me find a childhood game

CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
There was this beat 'em up I used to play as a kid. I played it on my XT computer with CGA graphics, although I'm sure it's possible that the game could run in EGA or maybe even VGA and might have been on Atari and Commodore. The premise of the game was that you were a police officer, and you were assigned to bust certain drug rings. You would go around beating up all the gang members, take their drugs, and then burn all the drugs in a flaming garbage (oil?) can. Once you burned up all the drugs the level was over. The game wasn't very big, maybe 10 or so screens long, and I remember clearly that one screen had a dock, and if you fell into the water it was game over. I think the screen you started on had a staircase leading down to the basement of some building that had a couple of thugs. Also, I remember the first drug ring you're assigned to bust isn't particularly impressive, I think it was an Aspirin or Tylenol drug ring.

Does this game ring a bell for anyone?

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I searched around for a bit, but all I can think of is Narc. I wasn't a big computer gamer at that time, though I did have a C64 for a little while.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    No idea, but you may want to try the Game Detective thread, which got active again yesterday.

• Options
    CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I didn't realize that existed, I'll shut this thread down.

EDIT: I can't lock my own thread? WTF.

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    I didn't realize that existed, I'll shut this thread down.

EDIT: I can't lock my own thread? WTF.

Nope, only mods can lock threads.