As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii U] THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN NEW ONE!

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    urahonky wrote: »
    Man I knew I should have held onto my cables a little longer. Sold them for $40 a few years ago.

I should have BOUGHT them for that much back in the day when I meant to. I'm seeing really cheap 4-in-1 connectors that say Gamecube compatible for dirt cheap, so I wonder how well that would work. I haven't tried connecting my GC to my HDTV yet. Which means I haven't used the thing in over five years.

Fawst on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Yeah a few years ago Nintendo was still replenishing their site with stock... But every time they did, eBay scalpers would get wind and buy them all out.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_GameCube_games_with_480p_and_16:9_support

Well according to wiki the official gamecube component cable was discontinued on 2004 when they started selling gamecubes without component video support (wtf they did this?).

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_GameCube_games_with_480p_and_16:9_support

Well according to wiki the official gamecube component cable was discontinued on 2004 when they started selling gamecubes without component video support (wtf they did this?).

To save money.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Anyone know if the higher capacity battery pack for the gamepad that was released in Japan works in other region pads? Can't see why it wouldn't but who knows.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Well I worked at Best Buy at the time... So around 2005ish I knew plenty of friends who bought multiple cables from the Nintendo site and then flipped them on eBay.

• Options
    Anyone know if the higher capacity battery pack for the gamepad that was released in Japan works in other region pads? Can't see why it wouldn't but who knows.

It does work for all regions.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    What the hell happened to the past 8 years? Feels like it was yesterday.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

It does work for all regions.

Great thanks!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    God damn those art academy pictures looks great. Makes me tempted to try it even though I am a terrible drawer. The lessons seem interesting though.

Started Lego City again just to finish the main story and now I am completely hooked trying to get everything. Why didn't this happen when I first got it! I have Rayman and the Wonderful 101 pre-ordered and thats just right around the corner :(

NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    so holy shit I don't come in here for two days or so and this thing has been price-dropped?

• Options
    edzepp wrote: »
    so holy shit I don't come in here for two days or so and this thing has been price-dropped?

Maybe you should leave more often :P

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I should. The 2DS as well? Nintendo just dropping some weird-ass bombs this week.

• Options
    Better than weird ass-bombs.

• Options
    Tru dat.

Of course the drop doesn't mean much to me because I already have the damn thing, but I wasn't quite expecting it so soon.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I should. The 2DS as well? Nintendo just dropping some weird-ass bombs this week.

2DS?

joke post?

edit: wow, hmmmm. not sure what to make of that.

Xaquin on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

2DS?

joke post?

You might want to sit down for this one.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options

2DS?

joke post?

I think you should probably visit the 3DS thread...

sounds like you're out of the loop.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    You...should probably check the 3DS thread. It's very real, potentially very profitable. Certainly kinda weird-looking.

• Options
    yeah, I see the news now

what an odd move by nintendo

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    yeah, I see the news now

Well, at first I thought it was an odd move, but after I slept on it it makes a whole lot more sense.

It's basically the kid-friendly budget model, that's all there is to it.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    yeah, I see the news now

Well, at first I thought it was an odd move, but after I slept on it it makes a whole lot more sense.

It's basically the kid-friendly budget model, that's all there is to it.

yeah, I can see that

hmm

maybe I'll actually get to play the new LttP. That's a nice thought =)

• Options
    Nintendo may not always be smart, but MAN they have the capacity to surprise.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Hm.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Tru dat.

Of course the drop doesn't mean much to me because I already have the damn thing, but I wasn't quite expecting it so soon.

I need to start documenting my predictions. I predicted (to my friends) price drops on both the Vita and the Wii U prior to the holiday season; the former in order to capitalize on PS4 cross-buy and remote play hype, and the later due to not wanting to be only $50 less than the PS4 come Christmas. They're both smart business moves.

• Options

That review video is really good at killing any interest I had in W101.

• Options
    Huh?

I didn't / can't watch the video. What's going on?

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    You know - I'm not one to be screaming Ambassador package - but I'd love it if they'd see that I have the Basic and throw a digital copy of Nintendoland on my system. I own it physically, but it's the type of game that would be convenient to have digitally instead.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Houn wrote: »

That review is terrible and wrong on many accounts.

Battles may seem chaotic at first glance if you're unfamiliar with the game, but they really aren't. The controls are also absolutely fine.

The fact that she claims that the game had trouble recognizing when she drew Unite Whip says it all. Maybe reviewing video games for a living isn't the best idea when you've apparently got arthritis or Parkinson's.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I hope they do an Ambassador program just cuz I want free games :D haha... they probably won't tho - $0.30 VC stuff was our ambassador program :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I hope they do an Ambassador program just cuz I want free games :D haha... they probably won't tho - $0.30 VC stuff was our ambassador program :P

They've said that they won't do an Ambassador program.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/08/29/nintendo-america-says-no-ambassador-program-for-wii-u/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I joined too late for the .30 games. Too early for the price drip.

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    I played the 101 demo and that pushed the game into the 'eh, $10 used if I've got the time' category. The controls are fine, not great or intuitive but finctional enough, but everything is just too damn small it makes it hard to follow anything but the more 'boss' type fights for me.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2013

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/08/29/nintendo-america-says-no-ambassador-program-for-wii-u/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

booooo (not that I'm surprised)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Try tapping R to zoom.

• Options
    This is why demos suck. :P

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

booooo (not that I'm not surprised)
    Me neither - but I do think that there are a few small things that would be nice (like maybe giving me the digital discount deal that deluxe owners got).

• Options
    At least some demos come with digital manuals. I think the W101 demo has a list of all controller functions.

Even the MH3U demo had a manual that told you each weapon's move list.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Maz- wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »

That review is terrible and wrong on many accounts.

Battles may seem chaotic at first glance if you're unfamiliar with the game, but they really aren't. The controls are also absolutely fine.

The fact that she claims that the game had trouble recognizing when she drew Unite Whip says it all. Maybe reviewing video games for a living isn't the best idea when you've apparently got arthritis or Parkinson's.

This is a fairly simplistic account of the review's contents. The reviewer SHOWED having trouble drawing the whip, yes, but stated that many gestures would simply come out wrong in the hectic fray of battle, and that early on, many critical abilities like dodge are locked from use, making the game far more challenging and frustrating that it needs to be. She also detailed the steep learning curve, and how it's gesture controls' inconsistency are at odds with it's design focus on iterative improvement.

She also said that it was pretty fun once you start unlocking the core abilities, and it's story and characters were very enjoyable.

So, yeah. I don't think you have to agree with her, but her points were well-spoken and well-sourced, and she deserves better than being accused of having a terrible and debilitating disease. In my opinion, at least.

Houn on
This discussion has been closed.