As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2013 Costume Thread

167891012»

• Options
    apocalypticashapocalypticash Seattle-ishRegistered User regular
    @skylatron - actually, find me on twitter and that might work better. My handle is the same there as here. :)

• Options
    FidchelFidchel Registered User regular
    So, between my sewing machine breaking and extended illness, my costume plans are sorta-kinda falling apart. I will definitely have my Bollywood Black Mage done on time, but my boyfriend's Druid White Mage armor isn't even started, let alone completed. Thank goodness I got his robes done early...

Here's a peek at my skirt:
    1185166_679814178714041_1703289838_n.jpg
    544544_679157122113080_632141173_n.jpg

PAX Prime 2012 (Pin-Up Gardener Poison Ivy)
    PAX Prime 2013 (Bollywood Black Mage)
    PAX Prime 2014 (Renaissance Lady Link)
  • Options
    MembinoMembino Registered User regular
    mewchi wrote: »
    Does anybody know where the League Of Legends Cosplay meetup is, and when...(Or any other meetups for the matter?)
    I can't seem to find any info on any...

Any help is much appreciated, if there's not one planned, I'd like to start one ?

Thanks!

Last year they did a huge League thing on the top floor to celebrate their Final. If they do it again this year it will probably be on the top floor again. I went as Corporate Mundo last year. They did a costume show on stage but i was late for it. Based on the fact that the Riot skin for blitz says they will be at pax i'm guessing they will be there again. Expect a lot of league characters, there were tons of amazing ones last year, i'm sure you'll spot a few in every room you go into. The best time and place to meet others would be when they do the photoshoot in the downstairs "aviary" (windowy room). Thats when i bumped into the most league characters last year. they did that right after the costume thing on stage and they did it friday saterday and sunday last year.

PAX doesn't have "official" cosplay meetups, its all unofficial from what i can tell (there are some pretty official games and recurring events like buttoneering), and even for the people who set up meetups on the forums there are ton of people who don't even visit these forums who probably will also be going as League chars so i'm sure you'll see plenty of others. it sounds like someone set up an unofficial assassin's creed and borderlands meetup. Personally i like to see other peoples costumes while i'm wandering around. Read the original post there is lots of good info. Especially about good photo etiquette.
    I'll be going as Pentakill Yorick Friday, a Handyman from Bioshock Infinite Saturday and a 40k Inquisitor Sunday i hope to see everyone!

• Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    Can you guess what these are gonna be? :-D
    1238907_10100286094845764_1908346743_n.jpg

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    based on your previous posts...ide say Adam plasmid containers?

• Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    Close! Infusion bottles. Tommorow we're gonna label em up, but they're looking pretty good so far. We got really lucky with the bottles, were having a heck of a time finding good ones.

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    NewcottNewcott LondonRegistered User new member
    Hey All,

So I'm heading to to Prime from the UK tomorrow, I make cosplay music videos and really excited by reading through this thread some of the costumes that are planned.

I'll be wearing a SneakyZebra t-shirt all weekend so if anyone sees us please come say hi as would love to film with you.

If anyone wants our number DM us or tweet us and we'll give you our US number when we land.

Excited!

• Options
    RoadBlockRoadBlock Registered User regular
    I'll be going on Sunday as the Briarlock from Thornwatch.
    J1nrDIq.jpg

I'd say "see y'all there", but first I need eyeholes in this mask. :P

• Options
    TMIBTMIB Registered User regular
    I've gone to PAX for the last 5 years, but this will be my first time venturing into cosplaying.

It's not a terribly complicated costume, and I guess it's somewhat obscure, but I thought it would be fun to see how many folks recognize it as I walk around.

Here's the basic elements:
    Misc. elements
    Back patch

The patch just got done today unfortunately, so I have to cram tomorrow to get it put on a jacket. It's the wrong font too (supposed to be a serif font) but no time to change it now!

• Options
    GuildensternGuildenstern Registered User new member
    edited August 2013
    TMIB wrote: »
    Here's the basic elements:
    Misc. elements

At the very least, from one Mosin owner to another, you'll get a high five. I'd recognize those ammo pouches anywhere.

Also, props for giving the old Lucas Arts games some love.

Guildenstern on
  • Options
    TMIBTMIB Registered User regular

At the very least, from one Mosin owner to another, you'll get a high five. I'd recognize those ammo pouches anywhere.

Also, props for giving the old Lucas Arts games some love.

Yep, those are pretty recognizable pouches. I've got a couple sets for my Mosins. They are a bit smaller than the ones Ben carries in game:
    In game view
    Side view from opening sequence
    but not by much, and I think the pebbled leather translates well to the character's look/feel. There's quite a bit of leeway when the source material is low-res cartoon art.

• Options
    AtashiAtashi Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I'll be reprising Teddie (Persona 4) on Saturday and Sunday and on the look out for all the Shin Megami Tensei series cosplays there.

I'll give out small Teddie prizes to anyone doing P4 cosplay, and if there's a Nanako (& Dojima) cosplay...she gets a big Teddie prize.

tumblr_msa4k5c0xf1rkcu9zo2_250.jpgtumblr_msa4k5c0xf1rkcu9zo4_250.jpg

Atashi on
    PAX Prime 2013 Cosplays
    Silica - Sword Art Online -Infinity Moment-
    Teddie - Persona 4

Finally retiring Recette. It's been a good run.
  • Options
    wedge98wedge98 Registered User regular
    maddiekatt wrote: »
    skylatron wrote: »
    We have 6 borderlands cosplayers in my group - Maya, Gaige, Salvador, a psycho, Mordecai, and Scooter. We will all be hanging out, hopefully making our way to the skybridge, on Saturday for sure. There are at least 2 other Gaige cosplayers in this thread.

wee! i'd love to meet up with y'all on saturday!!

Me too!!! :)

I'm going all four days as Krieg with no other cosplayers. Costume is 99% done with just some minor last minute items left.
    Costume is semi-accurate with the exception of no eye-patch and a weapon holster for the Buzz Axe so I can have my hands free when needed.

Around what time for the skybridge on Saturday?

• Options
    chrisstiechrisstie Registered User regular
    I've been enjoying reading through this thread seeing all of your hard work. I was a little torn this year, been so busy with my work and my own business that for the first time I'm unable to do a costume. Then I thought, well, I do a lot of work with Bollywood events, maybe I can dress in Indian style.. then I started researching to see if there were any desi lead characters in any video games.. There's not a lot, let alone female. So I'll be there dressed in Indian clothes to hopefully pave the way and inspire that style to come into video games :) I thought with everyone dressed up I'll at least blend in :)

• Options
    skylatronskylatron Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Around what time for the skybridge on Saturday?

Yea I guess we should work out a set time. Some of my group plans on trying to line up for Acq Inc, so the earlier the better.

1 PM?

EDIT: Made a thread for this. Borderlands cosplayers, hit this > http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/182434/borderlands-cosplay-meetup

skylatron on
  • Options
    TsubarashiiTsubarashii Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I can't wait to see you all this weekend.

Tsubarashii on
  • Options
    chrisstie wrote: »
    I've been enjoying reading through this thread seeing all of your hard work. I was a little torn this year, been so busy with my work and my own business that for the first time I'm unable to do a costume. Then I thought, well, I do a lot of work with Bollywood events, maybe I can dress in Indian style.. then I started researching to see if there were any desi lead characters in any video games.. There's not a lot, let alone female. So I'll be there dressed in Indian clothes to hopefully pave the way and inspire that style to come into video games :) I thought with everyone dressed up I'll at least blend in :)

Yay, I won't be the only one in Indian clothes! If I find you on Saturday or Sunday, I'd love to get a picture of my Bollywood Black Mage costume with you :)

• Options
    chrisstiechrisstie Registered User regular
    Fidchel wrote: »

Yay, I won't be the only one in Indian clothes! If I find you on Saturday or Sunday, I'd love to get a picture of my Bollywood Black Mage costume with you :)

This would be awesome! I'll keep an eye out for you I'll be there Saturday only .. I'll have a green and gold patiala suit :)

• Options
    Today was one of the most amazing PAX experiences I've ever had...
    I have never done cosplay at PAX before and today I dove in and went as Krieg with as accurate a costume as I could make.
    The amount of positive feedback, requests for photos, and a teenager saying how cool it was that I got hired to cosplay Krieg.....well it made every second of work into the costume worth it.
    For those of you who give the complements and such to the cosplayers, well it makes all the effort worth. it so thank you :)
    ...and now three more days of fun :D

• Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    I'm with Wedge- this was my first time ever making a costume or cosplaying (it still sounds weird to say). It was the best time and I'm so glad I did it, and to see everyone else's efforts.

Here is me as a LotR elf. My brother and I pulled this out of our butts in the last week. It was an educational experience.
    4C9E8F7E-2443-4DCB-83DA-88AD00F07C08-1669-0000032EA91DF004_zps15b0e3c2.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2013
    saluksic wrote: »
    I'm with Wedge- this was my first time ever making a costume or cosplaying (it still sounds weird to say). It was the best time and I'm so glad I did it, and to see everyone else's efforts.

Here is me as a LotR elf. My brother and I pulled this out of our butts in the last week. It was an educational experience.
    Oh wow...I saw you today! That was super impressive for a week's worth of work. Kudos!

Wedge, I must find you. My goal is to get pictures of as many Borderlands characters as possible! Anyone else see the little Tiny Tina and her Psycho brother? They were stinkin' adorable.

Chrisste, I shall keep an eye out for you as well! I ended up doing a lehenga with the dupatta as a veil under my hat. Did a much better job of replicating the Black Mage silhouette than my original plan.

Also put the final touches on my hat tonight...can't wait to dress up tomorrow!

Fidchel on
  • Options
    saluksic wrote: »

Oh wow...I saw you today! That was super impressive for a week's worth of work. Kudos!

Wedge, I must find you. My goal is to get pictures of as many Borderlands characters as possible! Anyone else see the little Tiny Tina and her Psycho brother? They were stinkin' adorable.

Chrisste, I shall keep an eye out for you as well! I ended up doing a lehenga with the dupatta as a veil under my hat. Did a much better job of replicating the Black Mage silhouette than my original plan.

Also put the final touches on my hat tonight...can't wait to dress up tomorrow!

Here is the info on the borderlands cosplay meetup for today:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/182434/borderlands-cosplay-meetup

• Options
    Uno Ill NinoUno Ill Nino Registered User regular
    Not sure if the girls who cosplayed Daphne and Sheva are hanging out in this thread, but I have to say I was pretty blown away today as we all waited for The Last of Us autographs. I incorrectly guessed "Space Ace" for Daphne's inspiration, when I knew it should have been Dragon's Lair. Hot damn though, girl had it going on. Wore the costume well. A big thumbs up to you if you're reading this, girl!

The Moofcast! - A videogame podcast for adults.
  • Options
    wedge98 wrote: »

Think I saw you guys today! Not sure which Krieg you were, but they were all pretty awesome.

Is it too early to be doing photo sharing/requests for photos taken?

• Options
    hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    All your costumes are so wonderful, right now I'm hovering over 150 photos from Friday and Saturday. I appreciate all of you that saw me in the wheelchair and were so helpful with pictures. I will be again in my moogle costume today and hope to see many more pretties. Thank you, oh and you can see the photos I got so far on, http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/PAX Prime 2013?sort=3&page=1

Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wedge98 wrote: »

Think I saw you guys today! Not sure which Krieg you were, but they were all pretty awesome.

Is it too early to be doing photo sharing/requests for photos taken?

The easiest way to tell me from the others that I saw is no henna tattoos on my bare chest, Buzz Axe saw, and a Mohawk haircut under my mask.

The 2k booth borderlands meet up yesterday was amazing. We had around 20 cosplayers and everyone looked fantastic.

The cosplay this year has been outstanding. I have been continually blown away by the costumes. Great job everyone!!

• Options
    2 decent Photos of my handyman Cosplay from Saturday My Inquisitor Cosplay with my Freinds Commissar from Sunday My Pentakill Yorick from Friday was a fun PAX! now the fun part of hunting down pics.

• Options
    lLoneWolfllLoneWolfl Registered User new member
  • Options
    shinitamashinitama Registered User new member
    This was my first time at PAX, and I was blown away by a lot of the costumes. Great work, everyone!

Also, if anyone happens to have pictures of my boyfriend and me as Ash and Misty from Pokemon, they are greatly appreciated! We wore them on Saturday and Sunday. Here we are:
    100_1798_zps72002c5f.jpg
    100_1799_zpse39c2ef6.jpg

Many thanks! Also, everywhere I went people were telling me that they saw a man dressed as Misty also, and asked if I had seen him. Sadly, I never did. So here's a shoutout to Man-Misty! I wish I had been able to meet you, dude.

• Options
    WolfmanASTNWolfmanASTN Registered User regular
    So this was my first PAX, my first large convention in general and the first time I've ever built a "big" cosplay, and those did not mix very well.

I was the guy in the Iron Man armor on Friday that was missing a few parts xD being the first big cosplay I've ever made it has a lot of work left to do to make it easier to wear and more durable. I figured out a lot of the issues by just wearing it but i would greatly appreciate it if anyone who took a photo of me could possibly send me a link to the photo so I can look at it from a different perspective and see what else I can do to improve it! Even if it's just something blurry or that I happened to be in the background of, anything helps!

• Options
    YusuraYusura Registered User new member
    So I went cosplaying as Gaige this year. I did not have a group of cosplayers with me this year. There were a BUNCH of Borderlands groups and I am still incredibly impressed by all of them! All your costumes are amazing!

• Options
    arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I HAVE MADE ANOTHER THREAD FOR SHARING/ASKING FOR COSPLAY PICTURES!!!
    Please use it instead of this thread for such purposes! I love you all and thank you!!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/182579/cosplay-picture-sharing#latest

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg