As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

First time going to PAX Prime? Come here and get some advice.

18910111214»

• Options
    dougyfreshdougyfresh Registered User regular
    Is wearing flip Flops a reasonable choice? I don't mind walking in them, but wasn't sure if open toe was a problem anywhere

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rmstephensrmstephens Registered User regular
    In places like the expo hall you could run the risk of getting your toes stepped on, but I don't believe there are any formal rules against open toed shoes. That said, you'll likely be on your feet ALOT, and since most flip-flops have terrible arch support, your feet will likely be pretty unhappy by the end of the day.

• Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    It's a really really bad idea - especially in the expo hall.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    yea, no way would I ever consider flip flops.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    For the people who are awkward about being at pax alone, remember, we are your people.

The geeky, the nerdy, the socially awkward.... The whovians, the trekies, the cosplayers, the gamers... This is where we all get to be ourselves. No where else in my life can I randomly make a firefly joke and be sure the person next to me get's the reference. Chill, talk to strangers and be sure that we all "get" you.

See you all Friday!

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    ben175ben175 Registered User regular
    Thanks! Just hoping to pick one up before they run out

• Options
    Another question, what do people usually bring to get signed at pax from the developers, youtubers, etc, etc.. Just some general great items to get signed

• Options
    jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    ben175 wrote: »
    Another question, what do people usually bring to get signed at pax from the developers, youtubers, etc, etc.. Just some general great items to get signed

Whatever you want really. I stick to stuff that's relevant. Like I had Tim Schaffer sign my Psychonauts and Brutal Legend cover art, Wil Wheaton sign some Tabletop logo cards, and JoCo signed the CD that I bought from him. Last year I saw someone with a Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition box that was full of Bioware signatures, it was really cool.

Another thing I'm starting to do is get people to sign, and create cards for Cards Against Humanity. It's even better if they're familiar with the game because they come up with the craziest ideas...

PimDtoK.png
  • Options
    jukkakhan wrote: »
    ben175 wrote: »

Whatever you want really. I stick to stuff that's relevant. Like I had Tim Schaffer sign my Psychonauts and Brutal Legend cover art, Wil Wheaton sign some Tabletop logo cards, and JoCo signed the CD that I bought from him. Last year I saw someone with a Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition box that was full of Bioware signatures, it was really cool.

Another thing I'm starting to do is get people to sign, and create cards for Cards Against Humanity. It's even better if they're familiar with the game because they come up with the craziest ideas...

Thanks, ill try and look through to see what I have, would love some signatures from the Machinima crew, any suggestions there?

• Options
    One last question for now... How quick do the tourneys fill up throughout pax? I'm interested in signing up for a few but how early should I sign up? Or how early am I able to sign up?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    All of the tourneys (besides handheld?) are day-of sign ups. There's a sticky that has links to all of the tourney threads with more specifics.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    striaticstriatic Registered User regular
    how does getting into events at the main stage work? does each event have its own line and the venue is cleared between events? is a PAX pass enough to get in or are certain events ticketed?

• Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    striatic wrote: »
    how does getting into events at the main stage work? does each event have its own line and the venue is cleared between events? is a PAX pass enough to get in or are certain events ticketed?
    Are you referring to the main theater? Get in the queue, have your badge easily visible, and enjoy. :)

Generally, each venue is cleared in between panels/events, with a few exceptions such as storytime immediately followed by the first QA session. I've heard of enforcers not making people leave to requeue for the next event if it's immediately after the now previous one, but this may depend on the popularity of the upcoming event. For example, last year the Extra Credits panel was quickly emptied as the gearbox panel was next, and people were trying to line up for that one before the extra credits panel was even started.

As for the events, all official PAX events listed on the web site and in the guidebook app, including the musical performances, require nothing more than you, a valid badge for the day in question, and the ability to not be a jerk while having fun. :)

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png