As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

avi movies on a zune

AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm going on a trip tomorrow, and I don't have a whole lot of time to devote to it, but I would like to put a bunch of .avi anime episodes on my newly acquired zune. Is there a quick and easy way to do this? I can't say I'm very impressed with the software that came bundled with it. I would have much preferred a drag and drop interface, or something more like itunes. I know itunes probably isn't any better, but it's what I'm used to.

Anyway, any tips would be appreciated.

I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
AtomBomb on

• reddogreddog The Mountain Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    First you gotta change your AVIs to either MP4 or to WMV so you can put it on your Zune. That usually doesn't take long. Ii use WinAVI and its been fine for me. I have all the Flight of the Conchord episodes on my Zune :)

Then drag them and sync to your Zune. While it's syncing, go play a video game.

reddog on
    reddog.png
  • GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    reddog wrote: »
    First you gotta change your AVIs to either MP4 or to WMV so you can put it on your Zune. That usually doesn't take long. Ii use WinAVI and its been fine for me. I have all the Flight of the Conchord episodes on my Zune :)

Then drag them and sync to your Zune. While it's syncing, go play a video game.

It's been a while since I've done it, but doesn't the zune software open up pretty much anything windows media player will open and convert it to wmv for you?

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • GrimmGrimm Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Is there a way just to add a couple of new files to the zune without syncing the whole thing for like an hour?

Grimm on