As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Animal Crossing] Please update for September

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Meteor Shower in Ghee tonight.

Gate open.

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Tonight on Lifestyles of the New Leaf!
    We first set off to the beautify town of Hyrule home to Mark.
    tumblr_mrvyo5gAOE1sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    We simply enjoy spending time ejoying all the smashing sight Hyrule has to offer.
    tumblr_mrvyln3Y881sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    Mark's homes are truly stylish beyond all compare.
    tumblr_mrvyk6M9jr1sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    We continue to cool Conn's cool town of Conntown
    tumblr_mrck5ohcLz1sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    The locations Conntown is simply first class in every conceivable way.
    tumblr_mrck2yFH901sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    You can the feel the concentration and care the went into Conn's home.
    tumblr_mrck47ZsHF1sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    For our final stop we are in the amazing town of Grendale, home to Milton.
    tumblr_mrvyw1Ld8p1sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    Grendale has many stunning vista that are simply breathtaking.
    tumblr_mrvyrmYEvR1sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    Where Milton call home is equally as impressive as the town itself or even more so.
    tumblr_mrvytaC7ie1sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    And that is all for this episode of Lifestyles of the New Leaf!
    Until next time, may all your beetles be golden.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    tiloahtiloah OH DARN SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Big day today. I've collected all the fossils for my museum and I only need to make three more models. I met Pascal for the first time. I took a screenshot of my modern clock going crazy. Pictures!
    Here's my modern clock doing that madness.
    tumblr_msbkst8HsT1qjbgd5o1_400.jpg
    Sitting on my bench with Caroline.
    tumblr_msbkst8HsT1qjbgd5o2_400.jpg
    Got a couple new wet suits.
    tumblr_msbkst8HsT1qjbgd5o3_400.jpg
    Bye Pascal!
    tumblr_msbkst8HsT1qjbgd5o4_400.jpg
    Does anyone know what exterior this is? I need it.
    tumblr_msbkst8HsT1qjbgd5o5_400.jpg

tiloah on
    LoL: lesemicolon
    3DS: 1607-2293-4337 - Hadley - Welcome to St. Jude!
    Cyrus's Furniture Customization
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Klyka wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Hey guys my GF got the game and would love some friends! her friend code is: 2079 7002 8658. Name is "shabs"! Thank you and be nice :)

Add me Klyka, I'll add you tonight.

Couldnt find your code in the list!

My code is in my sig.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    cabbie98cabbie98 Registered User regular
    I think I got my first PA user street pass via Steph from galifrey on my way to PAX. I look forward to getting that street pass badge this weekend.

WiiU: cabbie98
    3DS FC: 4382-1976-1645
    Pin Pals Digital Lanyard
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    So, Omnar2 at the island has the Tuna Kahuna available. It takes 6 minutes, but is worth 20 medals for gold (plus whatever bonus medals you earn, if you think you can beat me XD). I think the Toy Hammer tour is worth 12 for gold and takes 3 minutes, so that theoretically earns "more" over a longer period of time, but for the time it takes to go through the menus and dialog, I think Tuna Kahuna is amazing.
    So, I'm going to open Omnar2 and hang out at the dock. I have the volume maxed out so I can peek if anybody arrives who wants to go to the island with me. I'll try to check back here every 15 or so minutes (roughly 2 games) in case others want to come join us.
    I haven't had any issues at my new home with the internet (as the router is less than 15 feet from my bed), so the only worry is trying to keep up with my awesome angling skills! :P

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I had a giant dragonfly tour yesterday that was pretty similar: 7 minutes for 20 medals. I also bought a sweet island for my kitchen (after sufficient time was spent groaning at the pun).

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    End of the month, and I still haven't found a Tarantula aside from the one that ran into the river. I mostly play at night, too, so I feel like I should have found a few more. It is raining today so my chances are not looking too good. :/

My game is also telling me I haven't found the scarab beetle even though I remember catching one so it must have been that day I forgot to save. *sigh*

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Last night I did the elite scavenger repeatedly. I get 16 medals each time and usually finish in two to three minutes (although it gives you six).
    Edit - Attempted the tuna kahuna, got ten medals. Obviously not my strong suit!

tiloah on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Yeah, scavenger hunt is the generally the best ratio, in my experience. And the furniture pool is pretty small, so you get better at it the more you do it.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Still sitting pretty in Omnar2 waiting for people to come and play.
    Doing the whole Club Tortimer thing in Omnar1 to mild success in finding a muumuu and some mermaid and cabana furniture.

@tiloah, come play tuna kahuna! I'll more than make up for whatever deficit you have, and you'll get 20 medals plus some extra!

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Still missing a scarab beetle (and cursing those duplicitous fruit beetles) but I can always replant my island to try and get one there later.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Still sitting pretty in Omnar2 waiting for people to come and play.
    Doing the whole Club Tortimer thing in Omnar1 to mild success in finding a muumuu and some mermaid and cabana furniture.

@tiloah, come play tuna kahuna! I'll more than make up for whatever deficit you have, and you'll get 20 medals plus some extra!

@tiloah, you make me lol so much.
    Please don't feel bad about the tours. It's all a practice in twitch-reflexes. :D

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I was just nervous! >_>

Seriously though, that was embarrassing! Thanks for hosting me, I did have fun and got some badges.

tiloah on
  • Options
    So...whatever happened to the spreadsheet totally mixes me up now. 20/20 hindsight says I should have grouped my two cells so they didn't get split up like they are now. :|
    Future suggestion: If you need to filter to find something, copy the spreadsheet to your own document. Or, do something that isn't going to change the document, like ctrl+F. Trust me when I say that the spreadsheet does not have so much information that you cannot take a minute to scan for what you want without changing it. :)

• Options
    edited August 2013
    tiloah wrote: »
    I was just nervous! >_>

Seriously though, that was embarrassing! Thanks for hosting me, I did have fun and got some badges.

You catching that trevally made it all worthwhile. I almost bust out with laughter.
    *ting*
    Oh cool, she caught something!
    "Hadley caught a giant trevally!"
    XD lololololololol /feelbad

Edit: On that note, however, I am also turning in. Omnar2 still open, but I'm not going to the island anymore right now. Maybe tomorrow morning before I restart the day, I'll post about doing some more island runs for the Tuna Kahuna (which nets a pretty penny, even if you barely squeak out a bronze).

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options
    What are the freaking odds!?

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Hey guys my GF got the game and would love some friends! her friend code is: 2079 7002 8658. Name is "shabs"! Thank you and be nice :)

Add me Klyka, I'll add you tonight.

Couldnt find your code in the list!

My code is in my sig.

Was on my phone so your sig didn't show,sorry!

Also, thank you to whoever visited her town while she was asleep and left all those fruit! She was giddy as a kid on christmas morning when she saw! :D

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    I also bought a sweet island for my kitchen (after sufficient time was spent groaning at the pun).

I have that thing too and actually kind of hate it since it's not a functional table. I don't think there are any "kitchen" like tables, which is insane when you consider how many table-top items you'd want to put in a kitchen-style room.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Why does it feel like there are 15 prompts to go through to visit someone else's town?

• Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »
    I also bought a sweet island for my kitchen (after sufficient time was spent groaning at the pun).

I have that thing too and actually kind of hate it since it's not a functional table. I don't think there are any "kitchen" like tables, which is insane when you consider how many table-top items you'd want to put in a kitchen-style room.

Pending on your tastes in what table you want to use, I'm quite confident there's a customization that @tiloah may find that wouldn't look too bad in the kitchen. :)

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Why does it feel like there are 15 prompts to go through to visit someone else's town?

Not only that, but heaven forbid you should want to start closing out the missing items from your catalog on the island, so you continually make repeat trips with Kapp'n.
    And while talking to Kapp'n, one of the top options is to go alone...so now you've sunk an extra 1k in making the trip to the island that you already know doesn't have what you want, and you have to sit though all the animations of going there, getting the prompts to go back...it's enough to make a man not hate himself for skipping the singing!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    It's the little things like that. See it wouldn't be a problem if the game wasn't designed for you to play ~30 minutes a day or whatever, but it is. So every time I hop on the game I have like 100 dialogs to get through just to see a few things. The museum is better than it used to be, but holy shit he still talks and talks. And when I walk in shops it shouldn't force me to stop to read their "Welcome!" message, I should be able to move.

But still. I keep coming back to every iteration because the game is so goddamn charming even with it's faults.

• Options
    ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    With fertilizer now available, the black rose patch I've been trying to cultivate can really take off.
    Gold roses errywhere soon.

ThePantsAssociation on
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    urahonky wrote: »
    It's the little things like that. See it wouldn't be a problem if the game wasn't designed for you to play ~30 minutes a day or whatever, but it is. So every time I hop on the game I have like 100 dialogs to get through just to see a few things. The museum is better than it used to be, but holy shit he still talks and talks. And when I walk in shops it shouldn't force me to stop to read their "Welcome!" message, I should be able to move.

But still. I keep coming back to every iteration because the game is so goddamn charming even with it's faults.

I have an especial beef with the museum. Blathers almost talks just as much as he used to, but now it has nothing to do with the fossil, so he is talking a lot and it is BORING, which is the biggest crime. At least he used to be interesting.

I really dislike how every time I talk to Timmy and Tommy Nook they tell me some random fact about their store. I am not interested in what days your brother is working and I am not interested in your lack of a point system, thank you very much.

Edit: I say this as someone who is drawn to the characters and dialogue of the series. I don't mind dialogue as long as there is content to it, but what this game has done is stripped substance from a lot of the character's dialogue, seemingly in the name of expediency, but it still isn't really expedient. While ranting I have also deemed Phyllis and Pelly notably stripped of their once robust characterization, which is a pity because I used to love Phyllis and now it feels like it doesn't matter. MAYBE I AM JUST BECOMING JADED?

TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    TDawg wrote: »
    I really dislike how every time I talk to Timmy and Tommy Nook they tell me some random fact about their store. I am not interested in what days your brother is working and I am not interested in your lack of a point system, thank you very much.

I'm actually curious to know if these are consistent, but as soon as I get the final upgrade (one check away!) it won't matter.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Omnar2 open! Before I let the day reset, I'm down to Tuna Kahuna with anybody that comes by in the next 3 hours! Once I hit noon, I'm gonna close up and take a lunch walk. Gotta get dem playcoins!
    Edit: (I'm a puzzle swap addict...so much so, that I'm trying to game the system.)

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options
    Dunno how much time is left before my laptop dies (painters are occupying my room changing the color), so this may be my last post and chance to see anything of note directed towards me.

I start up Omnar1.
    Pete's standing out in front. ("What the hell is he doing here?)
    "Damn, I'm in a tight spot."
    Pete informs me that I have a letter from Nintendo. (The previous day, I spent TT and visiting Club Tortimer to try and get all the wet suits and other island-specific items.)
    "Damn, I'm in a tight spot!"
    It's a letter about the afternoon-tea set.
    :| Pete, you silly bitch. I got that just yesterday! Come back here, Pete..."Return to Sender"...

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I am looking for the Gracie Chair and the Gracie Desk. I have a Gracie Bench or Wagon for trade, or misc art. (See here: http://moridb.com/catalogs/GaltO6Tf1k ). Let me know if you're interested! :D

On a related note, if you have a duplicate painting/statue and want to exchange it with something I have up there, just let me know. These are the following arts I need, but I'm totally okay with swapping something I already have so you can complete your museum. :Dhttp://moridb.com/catalogs/GaltO6Tf1k

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    I am looking for the Gracie Chair and the Gracie Desk. I have a Gracie Bench or Wagon for trade, or misc art. (See here: http://moridb.com/catalogs/GaltO6Tf1k ). Let me know if you're interested! :D

On a related note, if you have a duplicate painting/statue and want to exchange it with something I have up there, just let me know. These are the following arts I need, but I'm totally okay with swapping something I already have so you can complete your museum. :Dhttp://moridb.com/catalogs/GaltO6Tf1k

I think I have an extra Gracie Desk. I didn't realize I had until tomorrow to complete the set and my emporium just opened today. :(

I also have an extra Gracie low table if anyone wants to trade.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    Speaking of Gracie furniture, I thought at the end of the month it was on sale? Why is she selling it for full price in my town?

v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    Speaking of Gracie furniture, I thought at the end of the month it was on sale? Why is she selling it for full price in my town?

Probably because your Emporium just opened. I assume the sale triggers on a specific day.

• Options
    Lame. Well, for sale in my emporium today are the Gracie wagon, desk, lamp and shelf. All full price.

v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Got my final fossil today, yay. Still need to catch a Turban shell to complete my catches for August.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Lame. Well, for sale in my emporium today are the Gracie wagon, desk, lamp and shelf. All full price.

Let me know when you're able to open your town and I'll come buy it! :D

signature.png
  • Options
    I should be able to open up soon. I've got to open it and leave though. It's incredibly hot in my house and we're leaving to go find someplace with a/c. And of course Animal Crossing is mocking me by having it rain in my town right now. :|

v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    -Abel--Abel- Registered User regular
    Holy cow are the items at Gracie's expensive. I assume they never come up anywhere else right?

• Options
    -Abel- wrote: »
    Holy cow are the items at Gracie's expensive. I assume they never come up anywhere else right?

Her items are for sale at her store only. She does have sales from time to time though.

:D If you have the Gracie chair for sale at your town I'd love to come purchase it!

signature.png
  • Options
    Okay well I bought the Gracie lamp, but the other things are on sale still. I'll be open in a minute.

v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    Yes! Tarantula get. Take that August. Roll on September.