As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Astonishing X-Men

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2006
    THE MOLE WANTS TO ENGAGE

DJ Eebs on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    the

[realspoiler:b26cee4a83]Lockheed[/realspoiler:b26cee4a83]

thing made me laugh out loud for a while. Whedon is the best x-writer ever.

Mai-Kero on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    god damn I need to get this

deadonthestreet on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    This has been a most confusing issue.

[spoiler:521bbbb532]Lockheed is SWORD's plant?
    That thing in the box was... what, Nova's brain? Huh?
    Cyclops... using a gun. I guess she blocked his powers completely. What's the deal with his line at the end? Where did she make a comment about him not having claws (and what does that have to do with anything)?[/spoiler:521bbbb532]

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
    edited September 2006

[spoiler:6e4d7e7158]Lockheed is SWORD's plant?
    Cyclops... using a gun. I guess she blocked his powers completely. What's the deal with his line at the end? Where did she make a comment about him not having claws (and what does that have to do with anything)?[/spoiler:6e4d7e7158]

Yeah, I guess that last part would be confusing if you didn't pay attention to the last few issues.

DJ Eebs on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Geebs wrote:

[spoiler:c42ea2c415]Lockheed is SWORD's plant?
    Cyclops... using a gun. I guess she blocked his powers completely. What's the deal with his line at the end? Where did she make a comment about him not having claws (and what does that have to do with anything)?[/spoiler:c42ea2c415]

Yeah, I guess that last part would be confusing if you didn't pay attention to the last few issues.
    :roll:

The last few issues I read a month, two months, and three months ago.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2006

[spoiler:eeaddecabf]Lockheed is SWORD's plant?
    [/spoiler:eeaddecabf]
    [spoiler:eeaddecabf]When the series started, Kitty was concerned that he was really late. And then he showed up at the exact right moment to burn Ord. It makes perfect sense. [/spoiler:eeaddecabf]

deadonthestreet on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    SWORD has the best agents in the history of spying.

Mai-Kero on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    for those of you wondering about Cassandra Nova

[spoiler:fc7aa5614e]That slime thing is the body she was tricked into way back in Grant Morrison's run. The one talking and walking around was a psychic projection.[/spoiler:fc7aa5614e]

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited September 2006
    Hot Topic is selling MAGNETO WAS RIGHT t-shirts

if anyone cares

Whippy on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    So.... [spoiler:c532454a81]What about Lockheed, is he gonna be OK? :cry: [/spoiler:c532454a81]

Regina Fong on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006

if anyone cares

I do

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited September 2006

if anyone cares

Would I lose forever if I bought one?

:?

Regina Fong on
    edited September 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    So.... [spoiler:3006e098a0]What about Lockheed, is he gonna be OK? :cry: [/spoiler:3006e098a0]

[spoiler:3006e098a0]I don't think he really uh...did anything but really really want to go torch Ord again[/spoiler:3006e098a0]

DJ Eebs on
    edited September 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    So.... [spoiler:81947e0e79]What about Lockheed, is he gonna be OK? :cry: [/spoiler:81947e0e79]

[spoiler:81947e0e79]I don't think he really uh...did anything but really really want to go torch Ord again[/spoiler:81947e0e79]

[spoiler:81947e0e79]I think he's asking if since Lockheed is a mole for SWORD is this going to have future reprecussions in the book[/spoiler:81947e0e79]

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I have to get me one of those "Magneto was right" shirts. Because he was baby!

Caveman Paws on
    edited September 2006
    I'm sorry, I still can't get over that last page.

Jesus.

DJ Eebs on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I take back every bad thing I have ever said about Whedon's run so far. And also every bad thing I will say in the future.

Scooter on
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Link to a place to purchase said shirt. I searched for the tagline but can't find any site that is up.

Crayon on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Did anyone else laugh when the SWORD commander said...

[spoiler:1d5fbd05b5] *!$#@! Shi'ar, I wish someone would prophecy the end of those clowns... [/spoiler:1d5fbd05b5]

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    jeepguy wrote:

if anyone cares

No.

You would win SO HARD, it would cause a paradox of awesome, where you would retroactively become more awesome than you'd ever been before, at all points, ever.

... note to self; buy shirt.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Forgive my ignorance here. So there's White Queen, who is Emma Frost. Is it two seperate people? Or is Emma the good the side, and Queen the bad side?

This whole series has been a mindfuck. But I like it....I think.

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2006
    [spoiler:d79f5cd3c3]I think there's some psychic illusions going on here, but I don't know if it's Frost going insane or Cassandra.[/spoiler:d79f5cd3c3]

Scooter on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Forgive my ignorance here. So there's White Queen, who is Emma Frost. Is it two seperate people? Or is Emma the good the side, and Queen the bad side?

Well, the ONE thing we do know is that both the White Queen and Emma Frost have physical bodies. We can thank Scott and Kitty for that.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2006
    It looks to me like [spoiler:3035adc43e] they are all somehow manifestations of Cassandra Nova... at least Shaw and the girl are. You can tell by their responses to Nova when she tells them how she is going to kill them after she is back in a physical body. However, the White Queen seems to be the one in charge of the whole affair, so it is unclear just what she is. [/spoiler:3035adc43e] In short... God bless you Joss Whedon.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
    edited September 2006
    Htown wrote:

Well, the ONE thing we do know is that both the White Queen and Emma Frost have physical bodies. We can thank Scott and Kitty for that.

Shaw also has a physical body... you can thank Colossus for that information.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    edited September 2006
    Unless they just think they've been hitting them and it's all in their heads.

Or a dream

Scooter on
  • thepassengerthepassenger Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Htown wrote:

Have to check this when I get home, but I thought both Logan and Beast managed to smell Cassandra when this shit all started.

thepassenger on
    PSN: ohvermie <- ADD ME FOR STREET FIGHTING ACTION!
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Forar wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:

if anyone cares

No.

You would win SO HARD, it would cause a paradox of awesome, where you would retroactively become more awesome than you'd ever been before, at all points, ever.

... note to self; buy shirt.

Man fuck Hot Topic. I was planning on making one myself by printing it on an iron on. Now they have to go ruin my awesome idea by getting some trendy high school faggots to buy awesome shit that they don't even get.

Goddammit.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
    edited September 2006
    Hmm... anyone remember the Buffy episode where Xander got split into two different versions of himself? The confident one and the loser one?

Gah... too... much... geekness... even... for..forum... must.. watch... football....

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    edited September 2006
    Htown wrote:

Have to check this when I get home, but I thought both Logan and Beast managed to smell Cassandra when this shit all started.

Actually, what happened was Nova began to revert Beast into a...beast, and he said something about how it probably wasn't the best idea to be in the same room with him while she did that. Then she asked if she could smell anyone in the room. Cue Wolverine's shadow.

DJ Eebs on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Man fuck Hot Topic. I was planning on making one myself by printing it on an iron on. Now they have to go ruin my awesome idea by getting some trendy high school faggots to buy awesome shit that they don't even get.

Goddammit.

Dude, people have been making them and selling them on ebay and shit for a year at the very least. I guess maybe it sucks sorta that Hot Topic kids would be wearing them, though. Won't stop me from getting one.

august on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Now they have to go ruin my awesome idea by getting some trendy high school faggots to buy awesome shit that they don't even get.

Goddammit.

First time I have ever gone into this thread..and now Im glad.

Excellent post. :^: :^:

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Geebs wrote:

[spoiler:2708a62d1d]Lockheed is SWORD's plant?
    Cyclops... using a gun. I guess she blocked his powers completely. What's the deal with his line at the end? Where did she make a comment about him not having claws (and what does that have to do with anything)?[/spoiler:2708a62d1d]

I missed the last issue.

The Muffin Man on
    edited September 2006
    I think they Kitty parts were the best thing I've ever read in X-Men, ever. In fact, it's probably just downhill form here for at least a while.

august on
    edited September 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Now they have to go ruin my awesome idea by getting some trendy high school faggots to buy awesome shit that they don't even get.

Goddammit.

Being uppity about Hot Topic isn't really hard, you know? I mean, it's largely deserved but whatever.

I hope Wheadon hasn't forgotten about Ernst. Is all I'm saying. I mean, he probably hasn't, but it's like: ... ?

august on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    august wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

Goddammit.

Being uppity about Hot Topic isn't really hard, you know? I mean, it's largely deserved but whatever.

I was referring to its comic (as in - ha ha) value.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    holy fuck.

this issue was amazing nad mkaes up for my dissatisfactino with the last couple of issues.

i mean GOD DAMN.

Also the cover is one of the funniest things i've ever seen, i started laughing in the comic shop when i saw it and then everybody started looking at me :|

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2006

if anyone cares
    buy me one

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2006
    [spoiler:becf2ac93e]So has Marvel just forgotten about Ernst then?

Isn't she supposed to be Cassandra Nova?[/spoiler:becf2ac93e]

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif