As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come for the [Steam] Sharing announcement (p.75). Stay for the new bundles!

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Ah, It is a PAX weekend. And I missed out. :( I am working within blocks of the event, and I can't see. /me crys. Well, I see it has caused class in this thread, but that should be no surprise to anyone. I'm going to be out for the weekend, so my gaming will be on an android tablet. So no steam more sad panda. I have been loving Baldurs gate though.
    shdwcaster wrote: »
    And @Spoit decided to use my PAX inspired gift list clearing as a reason to gift me Van Helsing. Thank you!
    So much class.
    @sniperguy - MMO's
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I need an MMO fix or an RPG fix or something. Is The Secret World on sale anywhere? That always tempts me. I'm just unable to choose!
    I have been trying to stay away from MMO's, but that being said I was looking at EQ Next. I might be interested, but it won't get your fix immediately.

@Luchaire - Time to game
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Holy shit, Assault Android Cactus is insane... and insanely fun. I just dropped an hour on the demo and - just wow. Worth taking a look at! Especially if you like pulse-pounding chaotic games...
    that would seem to be
    everything i crave in a game.
    yessss.
    It's awesome. Highly, highly recommended.
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I need an MMO fix or an RPG fix or something. Is The Secret World on sale anywhere? That always tempts me. I'm just unable to choose!
    Last I looked it was like 50% off at Amazon.
    Worth every penny. I have well over 100 hours in it right now and have only just scratched the surface. It's easily my favorite MMO to date.
    How do you have that much time? I think I have gotten 5 hours in Baldurs gate in a week. I just don't have time anymore. :( But than, time with Fiance is fun. I do enjoy time at comic book shop as well though.

@smokestacks - youtube
    Ceno wrote: »
    I'll be honest here. You could do a lot worse with $5 than pick up Colonial Marines. I was expecting a war crime based on the terrible reviews. Granted, I'm only 2 hours in, and yeah the combat is repetitive, just point and shoot, and yeah it's not scary in the least, but it's not a bad looking game. I like the UI, the dialogue isn't terrible, and the atmosphere isn't bad either. Definitely evokes Aliens more than Alien fore sure. All the sounds are out of the movie and I'm mildly interested in seeing where the story goes.
    I have like $5 in non-survival spending this week, so I said fuck it and bought it.
    I was trying to find some youtube videos from people with specs similar to mine to see what sort of performance I would be seeing and holy shit Youtube is off its fucking rocker lately. Between constantly asking me if I'd like to use my real name and then bothering me for a reason when I say no and then telling me that they'll ask me again in the future to this cute bug that is happening where you can't skip ahead in a video at all (instead it just resets to the beginning) with videos just suddenly ending partway through... man, I hate to complain about something that is essentially free, but still, fuck man. You're one of the biggest tech companies in the world, get your shit together.
    Anyway, I hope it's good. If anyone else buys it the season pass is currently on sale for $6 on Amazon.
    Log out. Than it will stop bugging you. I rarely leave myself logged into gmail for this reason alone. They are pushing G+, groups thing and trying to beat facebook.

@dranyth - Dust, the full name
    Dranyth wrote: »
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    I'm so behind, I'm not doing spoils. Least a lot. But @dranyth what dust? I saw from dust, and dust: an alysian tale? I like metroidvana games, even if I have a backlog from somewhere.
    @DyasAlure Oh right, Dust: An Elysian Tail is the game we were talking about. Good game.
    And now it is on my wishlist. So many games to play, can't get it right now. Unlike some around here, I like having a wish list. I don't live in fear. :P Well I fear pink. Shh... don't tell someone.

@corpekata @drake - Forums, Internets, and Bitching.
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Drake wrote: »
    8bitogre wrote: »
    I'm really tempted to pick up Prison Architect but the people on the forums are saying the game is still overpriced, even at 40% off...
    Which Internets? The World Wide Web? If a game/product/service costs more than five bucks it's overpriced according to 99.9% of the Internets.
    Yeah, especially early access titles Anything. Every single oneThing, even the more well developed ones (which Prison Architect probably is) are better things are filled with bitching terrible and should never be gotten/used/looked at, Unless it is a meme. Thant totally watch that stuff And everyone is a troll.
    Fixed that for you. :) I'm just trying to be funny btw. Please don't shoot me.

@DarkPrimus - Gearbox products
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I'm looking at my Steam feed and people are buying Alien: Colonial Marines. Why are you doing this when Natural Selection 2 is 75% off?!?
    Let me offer this advice for people considering purchasing a Gearbox product: if it doesn't have "Borderlands" in the title, you must...acquit.
    *ahem*
    Half-Life: Opposing Force.
    If this is gearbox, than yeah they did good on that. I loved deathmatch back in the day. Was fun stuff.

@corsini - Bad rats icon
    Corsini wrote: »
    Can I get an invite to the PA G&T Adventure Team? I promise I'm not russian.
    I don't know, you icon is.. um.. bad rats... Well I can't invite anyway, so guess I don't have to make that decision.

Well that is another thread. I don't know when I will post again. As I said, going away for weekend. I will try and read and keep notes. I do want to write cartoons, I'm just terrible at getting things done.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    FiskavFiskav Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    -ignore please-

Fiskav on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular
    Congrats to @RoyceX7 for winning my Greed: Black Border giveaway.

Thank you very much! Greed is good

:lol:

Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    slappybag wrote: »
    Look at all those upcoming Pac-Man DLCS -_-

Have you played it on Xbox? If done right, it could be Shut Up and Take My Money territory.

And I really want Galaga Legions DX next.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I'm looking at my Steam feed and people are buying Alien: Colonial Marines. Why are you doing this when Natural Selection 2 is 75% off?!?

Let me offer this advice for people considering purchasing a Gearbox product: if it doesn't have "Borderlands" in the title, you must...acquit.

*ahem*

Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, Hell's Highway, and Earned in Blood would also like a word with you...

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    8bitogre8bitogre San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    What does one need to do to join the Adventure Time group?

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I haven't posted this enough the last few days! might overdo it as it approaches ending, apologies to anyone who sees it multiple times :D

signature.png

for this page, ends soooon

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular

There's an AT group?

Maybe you can't tell by my avatar, but I am also curious on how to join that group....

@Firebird

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular

You must go on a quest to slay a dragon and win the heart of a princess

Quite why the dragon leaves princesses' hearts lying around we do not know

All we know is that the Newell needs them

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    By the almost desperate sound of it, it sounds like Gabe Newell is secretly the Ice King.

Which explains a lot of shit...

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    8bitogre8bitogre San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    Firebird wrote: »

There's an AT group?

Maybe you can't tell by my avatar, but I am also curious on how to join that group....

@Firebird

Sorry. Too early in the morning for me. Adventure TEAM group, the PA steam group.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    I'm really tempted to pick up Prison Architect but the people on the forums are saying the game is still overpriced, even at 40% off...

Keep in mind that it is still an alpha! As much as I love Introversion, I'd rather wait for the finished product. And I am more than willing to wait.

I can definitely see the appeal of early access to a game, but that's just not for me anymore.

And the argument from the prosecution (of your wallet):

If you get the itch from watching footage of the game, the actual game even in this early state will hook you. Every single game for me is basically the same rush to the same rooms but I've still started over six or seven times to try something just a tad differently and I've pumped far more hours into the game than you'd think for an alpha. The fact that the game gets better all the time is really just cake on top of all the showerroom shankings.

So much blood... must place more drains...

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Have some giveaways while i ponder how to give away the rest of my stash.

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

*ahem*

Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, Hell's Highway, and Earned in Blood would also like a word with you...

Some people really consider Hell's Highway a big disappointment. I dunno, though, I enjoyed it and felt it was more polished than the other two games.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »

Shit, I slew the princess in order to win the heart of a dragon.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    BigDes wrote: »

Shit, I slew the princess in order to win the heart of a dragon.

I'm a miner for a heart of gold. Not sure how this got me in the group, though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I ate the princess's heart and will ride the dragon to victory ahead of an army in pink.

World conquest, here I come!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Like a stealth assassin @Big Classy hit me with the new Splinter Cell in my sleep. Thank you very much!

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    I really should stop popping in to the thread randomly. I never understand what's going on.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Yeah, is the G&T Adventure Team the de facto Penny Arcade Steam group now?

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    I really should stop popping in to the thread randomly. I never understand what's going on.

It's simple: I got shot through the heart by a princess who gives love a bad name.

Also holy crap why didn't anyone tell me that The Chaos Engine was coming to Steam?

With online co-op!

• Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Played Far Cry: Blood Dragon last night. So awesome lol. What an homage to 80's action movies.

Jungleskye on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Also:
    In a moment of weakness (and 50% off), I gave in last night and finally bought Kentucky Route Zero. I hope you're all happy.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I am stoked to get my hands on Blacklist. Haven't played a Splinter Cell since Chaos Theory. Hoping for a good winter sale, maybe.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Also:
    In a moment of weakness (and 50% off), I gave in last night and finally bought Kentucky Route Zero. I hope you're all happy.

Your weakness has been noted.

And serves to strengthen my own resolve not to buy a certain thing that's taunting me.

So, thanks for that! :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I am stoked to get my hands on Blacklist. Haven't played a Splinter Cell since Chaos Theory. Hoping for a good winter sale, maybe.

It's going to be a big shift. You might want to try Conviction when it hits $5 first.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    So after reading your guys' comments about War of the Roses and looking up some videos on how to play, I played it some more and it has really grown on me. I also played it with a friend and that doubled the fun. Being able to protect each other from being executed and revive each other is a lot of fun. Dueling with each other is great fun too. And I love that you can create custom characters with different weapons & perks. So far I made a Braveheart character that uses a Scottish Longsword. I think that this series could grow even further if they added the amount of customization that you see in the Saints Row series.

This is still running:
    signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2013

It's going to be a big shift. You might want to try Conviction when it hits $5 first.

The lowest Conviction has ever been, apparently, is $6.24. And that was during a Winter sale. The game didn't see any discount during the Summer Sale, so you'll probably end up waiting until the Winter Sale.

Also, Conviction on Steam is not able to be added to wishlists for some reason. Maybe it's because I have the vanilla version on my wishlist already, but I just deleted it off my wishlist to test it and I still can't add it to my wishlist. So keep that in mind if you use your wishlist to note games you might want in the future, as it's not a perfect system.

edit: Also super weird? GMG has the old artwork for Splinter Cell Conviction on its store page. This was back when the game was going to be about stealth in crowds, chair throwing, and emo beards. They ended up folding the idea into Assassin's Creed, I think

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-conviction-de-na/#item-s5

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

The lowest Conviction has ever been, apparently, is $6.24. And that was during a Winter sale. The game didn't see any discount during the Summer Sale, so you'll probably end up waiting until the Winter Sale.

Also, Conviction on Steam is not able to be added to wishlists for some reason. Maybe it's because I have the vanilla version on my wishlist already, but I just deleted it off my wishlist to test it and I still can't add it to my wishlist. So keep that in mind if you use your wishlist to note games you might want in the future, as it's not a perfect system.

It was free as a preorder bonus for blacklist, so I'm surprised it hasn't seen a larger sale since blacklists release as a way to get more people into the series

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Svevin wrote: »
    So after reading your guys' comments about War of the Roses and looking up some videos on how to play, I played it some more and it has really grown on me. I also played it with a friend and that doubled the fun. Being able to protect each other from being executed and revive each other is a lot of fun. Dueling with each other is great fun too. And I love that you can create custom characters with different weapons & perks. So far I made a Braveheart character that uses a Scottish Longsword. I think that this series could grow even further if they added the amount of customization that you see in the Saints Row series.

This is still running:
    signature.png

I haven't spent as much time as I'd like to with War of the Roses but what I have played is pretty much what I want out of that kind of game. I've never played Chivalry but it sounds like a faster, more arcadey experience that is set in not-really-medieval times. I'm sure that's a blast, but I enjoy the historical setting and what seems to be deeper system of combat.

Also, Brian Blessed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxx2ql8KCsA

• Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular

This is still running:
    signature.png

How does it stack up against Chivalry?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular

This is still running:
    signature.png

How does it stack up against Chivalry?

A comparison I would make is that Chivalry is like Counter-Strike. Whereas War of the Roses is more like Battlefield.

Specific differences:
    -Slower paced, but this is not so bad because parrying takes a lot more skill.
    -More team-based. Players are not usually instantly killed. They are usually put into a downed state. In that state, they can either be revived by a teammate, executed by an enemy, or suicide by begging for mercy. Reviving and Executing takes a few seconds to perform, where you are vulnerable to being attacked during the animation.
    -A lot more variety. You can create your own classes choosing different combinations of weapons, perks, etc. You can also customize the look of your character and emblem to an extent by choosing from different presets.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    @TheAustinBound is a true gentleman of merit! Thank you so much for the copy of XCOM Enemy Unknown with DLC!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    @DHS Odium has won DIIIIIVEKICK

hurray

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    So I work in customer service and this guy called in who sounded exactly like JFK.

In honor of this event.....

signature.png

Open to Adventure Team.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8htMdwDRBQ

New Enemy Within trailer. Oh lord give unto me all the XCOM.

Invisible flying cyborg chrysallid looking things.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8htMdwDRBQ

New Enemy Within trailer. Oh lord give unto me all the XCOM.

Invisible flying cyborg chrysallid looking things.
    That would be what is called a "Tentaculat" They are from Terror from the deep.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Quick recap. Came back from the Yankees game - who won! I get blasted with Game Dev Tycoon from @Spoit, @shdwcaster sends me some SRIV DLC and @Malakaius decides I needed the other pack! Lastly, but not least, @Wooden Spoon wants to make girls fight over for me with Skullgirls! Thank you all so much!

edit: @Luchaire drive by gifted me the MOTN DLC! You guys and gal are too much!

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Quick recap. Came back from the Yankees game - who won! I get blasted with Game Dev Tycoon from @Spoit, @shdwcaster sends me some SRIV DLC and @Malakaius decides I needed the other pack! Lastly, but not least, @Wooden Spoon wants to make girls fight over for me with Skullgirls! Thank you all so much!

edit: @Luchaire drive by gifted me the MOTN DLC! You guys and gal are too much!
    What my good friend here is failing to mention is that it is his birthday, Just throwing that out there.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    Am I allowed to say La Mulana is more difficult than Demon's/Dark Souls?

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.