As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Animal Crossing] Please update for September

• Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    @Hargaad of Omnar
    I've got a Cabana Chair I can give you for one of your Flower Boppers, if you want. I missed out on one of my fireworks days, so I only got the other three.

Deal! Your bopper is in front of my mailbox. :)

@SilverWind I only ask because I have a gut instinct that parents that had mixed parents themselves will carry a chance to breed what their parents were. For example, a red and yellow tulip spawn an orange tulip twice. If you put those two orange tulips together to breed, I think they have a greater chance to breed a yellow or red tulip than they would if they were bred from two orange parents. It's a theory in testing, but in error of better odds, I'm trying to put out strong breeds of flowers so that I can offer more variety later on when I start breeding more rare flowers. :)
    tl;dr thank you thank you thank you. <3

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Oh, also to note:
    All flowers in the FFFA are going to be sold tomorrow night. Same with all the gyroids to the right of the pitfalls. They've all be out for quite a while to be taken, and they're starting to overflow.
    I will also be moving out the catalog-available, year-round-found sets from the touch-only area. I want to start moving in all of my Gracie shit so that others can start touching and cataloging them. Messes will ensue.

tiloah wrote: »
    @Hargaad of Omnar - I think I crashed Omnar. D: I dropped off a cabana armchair and cabana screen. Hopefully they're still there and I hope it's ok if they're customized.

I see...they're still here, and I'm not worried about customization. Just want to get my catalog filled. :D
    Opening back up so you can come take your hat! :)

• tiloahtiloah OH DARN SeattleRegistered User regular
    Thanks!

LoL: lesemicolon
    3DS: 1607-2293-4337 - Hadley - Welcome to St. Jude!
    Cyrus's Furniture Customization
    edited August 2013
    I want to offload a cabana vanity and dresser. They are likely customized with gold nuggets (I don't remember). I am lazy and liable to sell them to Reese.
    Also want to get rid of bad bro's stache (x2), makar's mask, samus mask, varia suit shoes, hero's boots, fi mask, midna's mask, varia suit, and hero's clothes. Was storing them in the museum but now I'm working on the second room of my KK music box exhibit. Would prefer people take as many as possible. :D

tiloah on
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I've been trying to find the Hero's Clothes. Technically I don't have the Makar's Mask, Wario stache, or Varia suit either, but I don't want to be greedy if other people need stuff.

Are you looking for anything in exchange, or do you just need them gone? I think I have a giant clam or two around, at least...

Oh, and Hargaad, I dropped off the chair if you didn't already notice. Thanks!

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    Oh please be greedy! Hahaha. I'll add you and open my gate. It's all up front so you can take what you like.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Thanks! If anyone else really needs one of those items, let me know and I'll pass it forward.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Phoenix is open for last-minute sale Gracie furniture. Emporium's open for another hour, I think. I'd still love a perfect orange (to start my own grove, since I cannot get one to grow in my town) and/or a helm if anybody would like to bring one over. I can get all sorts of things for you in return, including any roccoco pieces.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I'm still looking for a Gracie Chair. :D Let me know if you have one for sale/trade!

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
    Wow, the Gracie furniture is all sold. That was quick! @SilverWind I'll check my storage later and see if I have a chair. It might be one of the items Gracie gave me when she did fashion checks, and I have no interest in that set.

Thanks, @SwashbucklerXX ! I happen to have a friend who has perfect oranges, so I'm getting her to give me a couple to deliver to you this evening. :D

signature.png
    Awesome, thank you!

Perfect orange dropped off, managed to snag a gracie chair-- this has been a fruitful evening. :D Can't wait for fall!

signature.png
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    New discovery:
    Put a mammoth torso up for sale. Reese suggests 2500, so I push the price up to 9750. It still sells. Further refining needed to see if things sell between 3.9x and 4x what Reese suggests (4x being what you buy it for at Nooklings).

I've been doing some, uh....'research' about the sale prices and I've found out that everything is completely different in what you can charge for on the high-end and even sometimes on the 'reasonable' end.

For instance, most of the items I put up in my Flea Market tend to be somewhere in the 400-900 range as the suggested price, which is a quarter of the price. So multiply that by 4 to get your retail price, and then multiply that by 150% for a 50% mark-up, and that's generally safe, in that they'll kind of grumble, but they'll always end up buying -something- regardless.

When the base price is more expensive, however, they simply won't bite. I bought the Queen chess piece the other week for 8,000 Bells at Nooklings. Sure enough, the suggested price was 2,000 (like the Superb Coffee Beans) so I applied the same formula for a price-tag of 12,000. And (like the same with the Superb Coffee Beans if you apply the same mark-up) nobody would touch it. So the high-end of the price is just not even relative to the -actual- price of the product, which is borderline infuriating.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Gilead is open for visits!
    Come by and see out fortune teller in her new permanent home on main street!
    There is a meteor shower tonight so come and make a wish!
    Spend all your bells in Re-Tail! :D

@SilverWind - I have clothing for you.
    @SwashbucklerXX - I have an helm for you.
    @Hargaad of Omnar - I have stuff for you to touch.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    I opened Weevil. For sale in my emporium I have a Gracie: shelf, desk, and bed. Also I still have a low table for trade, but it's on a different character so send me a message if you want to trade that.

I need: bench, chair...um...chest I think.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    New discovery:
    Put a mammoth torso up for sale. Reese suggests 2500, so I push the price up to 9750. It still sells. Further refining needed to see if things sell between 3.9x and 4x what Reese suggests (4x being what you buy it for at Nooklings).

I've been doing some, uh....'research' about the sale prices and I've found out that everything is completely different in what you can charge for on the high-end and even sometimes on the 'reasonable' end.

For instance, most of the items I put up in my Flea Market tend to be somewhere in the 400-900 range as the suggested price, which is a quarter of the price. So multiply that by 4 to get your retail price, and then multiply that by 150% for a 50% mark-up, and that's generally safe, in that they'll kind of grumble, but they'll always end up buying -something- regardless.

When the base price is more expensive, however, they simply won't bite. I bought the Queen chess piece the other week for 8,000 Bells at Nooklings. Sure enough, the suggested price was 2,000 (like the Superb Coffee Beans) so I applied the same formula for a price-tag of 12,000. And (like the same with the Superb Coffee Beans if you apply the same mark-up) nobody would touch it. So the high-end of the price is just not even relative to the -actual- price of the product, which is borderline infuriating.

AI will never buy anything over 9999 bells. That's just their cap, no if's, and's, or but's.
    But you're saying they buy for 6x what Reese suggests? Hmm...I gotta check that out. I've tried selling for 4x Reese's suggestion (actual price in Nooklings), and nobody would buy it. Maybe I was just uneducated when I first tried this, which is likely the case. So long as the mark-up is under 10k, and the mark-up is within their programmed-perceived acceptability range (which could very well be 6x Reese's price), that should be the money-maker.

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Someone was going to order streetpass balloons from their HHA showcase. What became of that?

edited September 2013
    I ordered some and I brought them to Omnar but maybe Hargaad kept them all for himself. :) I can order some right now. What kind were you looking for?

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
    edited September 2013
    So it's past midnight and I'm getting a nice start on catching the bugs/fish for the month. I spot the shadow of a king salmon and it's on the third nibble when @Wyborn makes a comment, startling me into hitting the A button and scaring the fish away. "Oh, you'll have the rest of the month to catch it," he says. :|

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I ordered some and I brought them to Omnar but maybe Hargaad kept them all for himself. :) I can order some right now. What kind were you looking for?

I have
    Cyan
    Orange
    Blue
    Purple

Rabbit - Green
    Heart - Red

Anything not that would be appreciated :)

Vyolynce wrote: »

I'm saying look at the Kitchen Island, Kitchen Corner, and Kitchen Sink, then find me a table that goes with them. Where the hell is my "Kitchen Counter"? Wood grain is not the answer.

@Vyolynce - So I'm thinking grab some display stands from the shop and turn 'em so the plaques are facing the wall or another object. Hurray! Matching(ish) counter/table surface!

@_J_ - I just received a bunny c. balloon, would you like me to bring it over?

Boy am I getting a lot of houses in my showcase. Okay, I looked at all of the houses and wrote down in which houses I could buy balloons. I also realized that I could have my mom buy the balloons I display in my house. Actually, what I should do is put all the balloons in her house and order them with my characters, because I have three characters and she only has one, and I have 6-7 balloons.

Here's the balloons I can order:
    balloon: pink, cyan, red, green, orange
    bunny: red, indigo, blue, pink, orange, yellow
    heart: green, cyan, pink

I'll try to order several copies. I have 15 available purchases per day and I don't really have anything I want to order in the showcase right now.

v2zAToe.jpg
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Hm, so far Autumn looks exactly like Summer. I thought the leaves were gonna turn brown or something.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Already Trying My HardestAlready Trying My Hardest Registered User regular
    Crazy first day of September - Phineas turned up to give me a silver play time badge, bronze for visiting other towns, silver fish encyclopedia and silver villager request badge!

Decided to take a week off from buying turnips to focus on catching the new bugs and fish and wanted to give you all the heads up - not all sites list that 3 of the new fish/deep sea creatures are only available from the 15th onwards. I wasted a lot of time trying to catch the Mitten Crab, Spiny Lobster and Sweet Shrimp!

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Hm, so far Autumn looks exactly like Summer. I thought the leaves were gonna turn brown or something.

September 1st != start of autumn. Gotta wait until the 21st-ish.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »

September 1st != start of autumn. Gotta wait until the 21st-ish.

Boo! No place for this realism in my Animal Crossing, imo.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    @Toxic Toys Ooh, missed your helm notice. Anything you're looking for in return? I'll bring it by next time I can.

_J_ wrote: »

I have
    Cyan
    Orange
    Blue
    Purple

Rabbit - Green
    Heart - Red

Anything not that would be appreciated :)

I did keep some for myself. I also have some for trade for other balloons.
    My ultimate goal is to move them to my house in place of the axes so that I can start ordering balloons (and other streetpass items) for people that want them. I've just been busy trying to organize Omnar2 for all the Gracie shit I've been buying from her shop (furniture, clothes, sets, etc).
    Will try to get on that today so that people can start placing orders for that stuff. :)
    Sorry, _J_. :P

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    So it's past midnight and I'm getting a nice start on catching the bugs/fish for the month. I spot the shadow of a king salmon and it's on the third nibble when Wyborn makes a comment, startling me into hitting the A button and scaring the fish away. "Oh, you'll have the rest of the month to catch it," he says. :|

@SilverWind

Somewhere in the ocean there is a King Salmon who just escaped a hook

"Thank God," he says to himself, "got away from that loopy broad. But! I recognized her outfit and I saw her name floating over her head. I'm gonna look up what I can about her."

When he does his research he discovers that this "SilverWind" has a team of 8 fucking Eevees with perfect IVs that she spent the, hrm, the amount of time necessary to make them absolutely perfect for IVs and EVs. He discovers she had all the dinosaur bones the town needed in like fifteen days. That every stat in FF8 had been increased to 255 without junctioning using that special thinger that was only on the PC version. Where every character in Fire Emblem: Awakening that she cared about even a little had maxed stats with Limit Breaker AND ALL OF THEIR SUPPORT CONVERSATIONS FILLED OUT

He looks back to the surface, at the sun filtering down through the water, and he feels the hook, waiting for him

He feels the pull, reaching back from the future

He feels inevitability

dN0T6ur.png
    edited September 2013
    Wyborn wrote: »
    That every stat in FF8 had been increased to 255 without junctioning using that special thinger that was only on the PC version.

All that, and before the first battle with Edea at the end of Disc 1! :-O

Edit:
    True story. They had to change names from "SilverWind" and "King Salmon" to, well, you get the idea...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlhOUyy4wbs

EditEdit: Street Fighter The Movie remains one of my favorite movies from my youth along with the Mortal Kombat movies. I'm a terribad person. :(

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    @Toxic Toys Ooh, missed your helm notice. Anything you're looking for in return? I'll bring it by next time I can.

I am looking for the goal post, blue pikmin, and a bubble wand.

• LaPuzzaLaPuzza Registered User regular
    I've been totally inactive here, as work took over my life. Of course, that 2 week period also started with my first day as a perfect town.

I managed to keep it up and I have my golden can. Go me!

I'm going to start throwing money at the house to get it completed, and today I made up a balloon room to get the HAA on my side. I'm looking forward to getting my house above the pathetic 30,000 points I've been sitting at. Also, I've got some cool colors of flowers I'm going to start breeding, so there's something else that I can do to pass the time.

I kinda feel like I "won" the game at this point, but I'm far from done. Heck, I still don't even have a wetsuit. I've got abotu 1/2 of the paths I want built in the town.

Is there a max on interest you can earn form the bank? I got my letter and it said I earned 99,999 bells. And stop giving me coconuts Wolfgang!

edited September 2013
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Is there a max on interest you can earn form the bank? I got my letter and it said I earned 99,999 bells. And stop giving me coconuts Wolfgang!

Yes, there is a cap. Interest per month is 0.5%, up to a maximum 100k worth of interest.
    But hey...a free 100k each month ain't bad. It's nothing to snub when you're paying double that for the Nook upgrades. It also removes a reliance on interest while still providing incentive.

Edit: Also, think about it. If you've got 20mil in the bank to actually hit the cap on interest, you've already managed to find other profitable means other than a once-a-month bellpot.

Hargaad of Omnar on

• nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I put 2 million into turnips today! I failed my first fashion check... I didn't have internet access so that was really sad.

Darn, I don't have any of that stuff, but I can bring over a cute Gracie dress for Mibs!

Darn, I don't have any of that stuff, but I can bring over a cute Gracie dress for Mibs!

I didn't think so. You don't have to bring anything but I'm sure she would like a new dress.