As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

pax prime questions

duhnoduhno Registered User regular
edited August 2013 in PAX West
hello so i was wonder for pax prime tickets what day is the best cause i really wanna go next year and i heard that the four day pass sells out in a minute and that will be impossible for me, so what day is the best to go pax prime? to get free swag stuff etc

duhno on

• duhnoduhno Registered User regular
    also since it is 2 passes per person, what if i buy 2passes for me and my brother buys 2 passes for him? it is same address what will happen

also my friend told me hes going to make me a phython script and a microbot so it does the thing automatically so i can buy tickets faster? is this illegal?? cause i really wnana get a 2 fourday pass.. and its impossible to get on since its sold out under a minute

• ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    There is no best day. If all you are after is swag go day 1. Be warned swag keeps getting less and less each year. This year I've only seen 1 vendor giving away free shirts the rest have merch booths. As for your ticket troubles they don't sell out in 1 minute they're were available for several hours. Granted less time than last year. Just watch twitter... Scripting a bot will likely get detected and get you banned and zero tickets. Bots harm servers and make things crash. Don't even try it.

Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

• VoroVoro Registered User regular
    I got in the queue minutes after the tweet went out and four day passes were gone when it was my turn. You can still grab a pass for each of the four days. Once Pax east is over, subscribe to the official_pax twitter (text message alerts, if your allowance is high enough). That should be enough to secure passes.

If you really need four day passes, you need to be refreshing the pax prime site regularly every morning / early afternoon once Pax east has ended.

XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
    thanks whats a BYOC pass? what is a byoc?

also, how do i get text message alerts, and what do you mean grab a pass for each of the four days? it says 2 passes per person, so basically im getting 4 passes..

also since it is 2 passes per person, what if i buy 2passes for me and my brother buys 2 passes for him? it is same address what will happen

edited August 2013
    ElmoFuntz wrote: »
    There is no best day. If all you are after is swag go day 1. Be warned swag keeps getting less and less each year. This year I've only seen 1 vendor giving away free shirts the rest have merch booths. As for your ticket troubles they don't sell out in 1 minute they're were available for several hours. Granted less time than last year. Just watch twitter... Scripting a bot will likely get detected and get you banned and zero tickets. Bots harm servers and make things crash. Don't even try it.

well four day tickets go out on sale for 1minute.. i heard everywhere it's impossible to get it without botting.., like how does people get four day tickets for 95$, only people i heard is getting it from 300$ from stubhub, as voro said the four day pass is sold out in the first minute.

also whats the maximum badges i can buy? like it says 2 per person how are u suppose to buy 1 for each of the 4 days?

also i dont think bot will get me banned since scalpers use them to get the tickets so fast..

duhno on
    like i dont understand it says PLEASE NOTE: In order to keep things fair, we currently have badge limits of 2 per person.

so how do i buy single day passes for all four days when there is limits of 2 per person??(2days)?

also what happens if my brother buys them? same address and visa? since we both use our dad.

Also do i need to register or have an account at the pax website i dont see any register button

• KevaduKevadu Registered User regular
    The limit is two of a given type of pass per person. You can buy passes for four separate days just fine.

^ so what do u mean? u cant buy lik 3 monday passes etc?

so am i able to buy 8 passes for four seperatre days?

also will this work? i buy 8 passes for four seperate days, and my brother buys 8 passses for four seperate days, we use the same address and visa card, how will they know were 2 seperate people? since it says 2 per person

• bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    duhno wrote: »
    well four day tickets go out on sale for 1minute.. i heard everywhere it's impossible to get it without botting.., like how does people get four day tickets for 95$, only people i heard is getting it from 300$ from stubhub, as voro said the four day pass is sold out in the first minute.
    I'm afraid you heard wrong then. I got my 4 day passes without using a bot.

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png

yea but how did u get it so fast in the first minute?
    also will this work? i buy 8 passes for four seperate days, and my brother buys 8 passses for four seperate days, we use the same address and visa card, how will they know were 2 seperate people? since it says 2 per person

and will i able to get a pass i am pst and the tickets sells at 10am and i have school, how can i buy 4 day pass or all 4 single day pass

and also alot of people are in school so how are able to get the tickets

• sarge1445sarge1445 Registered User regular

smartphone with a tweet alert then buy them on your phone

I AM THE VAMPIRE
  • bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    sarge1445 wrote: »
    That's one way.

Another would be to have someone watching for the sale to start and buy them for you, then you pay them back.

In my case, I was watching these very forums when the thread that was discussing when they would go on sale was closed as I was reading it. Switching quickly back to the thread list, I saw that a new thread had been posted that they were available. I quickly followed the link and bought them.

It was a short time later that I received the tweet that badges were available.

That's how I got my 4 days without a bot. I was vigilant and lucky. :)

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
    sarge1445 wrote: »

how do i make it tweet alert?(i have iphone) also, i am following alot of people? how do make it specfically 1 twitter ?

also i want to buy badges from craiglist how do i know if its fake or real

All the mods must be at pax....

vn6ID15.png

• ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2013
    Funny enough Mondays are going for less than face value right now. If you were thinking about buying one second hand I would meet out in front of the Center, there is a badge checking station to verify that it is legit. I would not buy online.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    ElmoFuntz wrote: »

Saturday was sold out within like an hour I think. It took longer for those people to get through the queue, but if you're asking when you had to actually start the process it was pretty fast.

Oh, and I saw Bethesda selling the New California Republic shirts they were giving away in like 2011. Swag inflation like a mofo.

ElderCat wrote: »
    Funny enough Mondays are going for less than face value right now. If you were thinking about buying one second hand I would meet out in front of the Center, there is a badge checking station to verify that it is legit. I would not buy online.

if i were to go tomorow( i live in vancouver) can monday still be fun since it closes at 6pm? also there are people selling passes in vancouver and we meet up face to face how do i check if its fake or real

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    ElderCat wrote: »

if i were to go tomorow( i live in vancouver) can monday still be fun since it closes at 6pm? also there are people selling passes in vancouver and we meet up face to face how do i check if its fake or real

Fun or not fun = totally impossible to predict for you.

You can check your badge at the con - there's a station near the entrance. There's no other way to check until you get there.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    Personally? I wouldn't travel that far just for Monday. Just saying.

It's still fun, though, so it depends entirely on how the cost and hassle of the trip rates for you. For me, Monday alone would be worth maybe an hour of travel, plus or minus.

But I can't tell you how to live your life. ;)

Though if you've not been before, Monday might be worth it just to see what it looks like, poke around, and decide how badly you want to go next year.

well i live in vancoouver 2 hour drive

Right. Personally my one hour trip is right on the edge for Monday alone. But ive also been doing this for five years. there's a lot of show to see, if you can be there right at 10 it might be worth the trip for you.

Then try and come for more days next year. One day on Monday is enough time to see a LOT of booths, and get your bearings for next year.

And any days you can't get badges for next year, do bumbershoot instead. That's where I am right now. ;)

Plenty of weekend, and plenty to do.

I mean, this might sound contradictory, but if you're on the fence you should probably go for it.

And there are plenty of badges on the street here. Goin rate seems to be $50 to $60? I asked a couple scalpers yesterday out of curiousity.

whats bumbershoot?, also i want to get all the days next year any tips i have school also and my parents doesn't know how to buy xD too complicated for them

edited September 2013
    also whats the best place to get notified for the pax tickets(whats their twitter to get notified if its the best to get notified when the tickets go on sale)

also im in vancouver, canada, will they ship over to me and i get the hard plastic badge?

duhno on
    mcdermott wrote: »
    I mean, this might sound contradictory, but if you're on the fence you should probably go for it.

And there are plenty of badges on the street here. Goin rate seems to be $50 to $60? I asked a couple scalpers yesterday out of curiousity.

also if the 3-4 day passes sell out, should i just buy it for like 300$...

Half of what you are asking is in the FAQ, man.

link please

i see 2 faq idk which noe

edited September 2013
    You know you can edit your post instead of posting multiple (2 to 5) questions in a row repeatedly. The FAQ is one of the posts stickied at the top of the first page in this forum.

ElmoFuntz on
    vn6ID15.png

This discussion has been closed.