As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Animal Crossing] Please update for September

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Hargaad I'm going to bring balloons over in a minute. Crunch all you want, we'll make more. ;)

Damn these backdoor balloon transfers!

• Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Tonight on Lifestyles of the New Leaf!
    We first visit Cullen in his thrilling town of Mouston.
    tumblr_mrvz2gVZ8Z1sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    Visitors can expect the see the spectacular in this town.
    tumblr_mrvz044KxV1sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    And Cullen's home is has plenty of items to inspire a person.
    tumblr_mrvyydqfdb1sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    Now we are jaunting to the noteworthy town of Jamville, of course home of Jam.
    tumblr_mrvzzbWemB1sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    Jamville has many notable sights one has to see on a visit.
    tumblr_mrvzxdFN5S1sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    Jam's home is no less remarkable then his town, maybe even more so.
    tumblr_mrvzvlzcHg1sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    Our final stop bring us to glorious Oakhurst where Dan calls home.
    tumblr_mrw05xl3BE1sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    We take in one of the many stirring sight here in Oakhurst.
    tumblr_mrw01iTRt71sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    While inside of Dan's house we soak in the serenity permeating his home.
    tumblr_mrw03sEn3e1sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    And that is all for this episode of Lifestyles of the New Leaf!
    Until next time, may all your beetles be golden.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Meteor Shower in Eden tonight, opening my gates.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    Hargaad I'm going to bring balloons over in a minute. Crunch all you want, we'll make more. ;)

When I stop being lazy (hopefully in just a short bit tonight), I'll move my balloons into my house in Omnar2 so that when I streetpass it in Omnar1, I can order whatever balloons you all want. Just let me know. I do have limited availability at the moment, but as people donate balloons, pinwheels, and ice cream, I'll be able to get more.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular

They're all duplicates of the ones I gave you earlier.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    edited September 2013

They're all duplicates of the ones I gave you earlier.

And of the balloons that I already have, any duplicates are being put out by the tools.

Edit: I sold all the gyroids of last month and pushed in all the newer gyroids from the past week for everybody to come peruse. Will move out the pitfalls as more gyroids come in.

EditEdit: It appears that @_J_ and myself are both 12 gyroids away from a complete gyroid collection. Just 12 more, and we can stop worrying about another aspect of the game!

Hargaad of Omnar on

@Stephidabefida I have a mini poltergoid for you.
    @LaPuzza I have a mini alloid for you.

I'll drop them both off in front of the cafe in Omnar2 by tomorrow morning. :)

EditEdit: It appears that @_J_ and myself are both 12 gyroids away from a complete gyroid collection. Just 12 more, and we can stop worrying about another aspect of the game!

11, actually

I will be glad to finish the collection.

I greatly dislike trying to obtain items the strategy for which is "hope it rains".

• tiloahtiloah OH DARN SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Feeling accomplished. Prepped my town yesterday to update my dream today. Gosh that's a lot of work. Got some coding done. Updated le blog. Slowly integrating posts to the new navigation I'm adding. Soon you will be able to search by thing type! (This was kind of a duh! moment for me, when you guys were talking about kitchen tables).

Did you all get your full moon vanity?

@Hargaad of Omnar - I don't suppose you could get me some card furniture? I could even give it back once I'm done customizing it. Gosh I can't wait to get Gracie in my town.

tiloah on
    LoL: lesemicolon
    3DS: 1607-2293-4337 - Hadley - Welcome to St. Jude!
    Cyrus's Furniture Customization
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited September 2013

11, actually

I greatly dislike trying to obtain items the strategy for which is "hope it rains".

Even worse is the Reset Center Pictures because the strategy is "Hope it rains" and then "Remember to check it after 9 PM the next day" which has to be done five times for each picture.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    Just another day in the life of the animals of Weevil....
    FvXhppd.jpg
    QdCbpNh.jpg

Bam is starting to redeem himself:
    OxQlgOG.jpg

Right after I told Egbert he could move I started to regret it...
    O8RTK0F.jpg
    0OVSTxW.jpg
    TM2DN2J.jpg
    9BIhwL4.jpg

i6fRyMt.jpg
    fFlvQub.jpg

Zell, ever my favorite:
    TIAtwyJ.jpg
    QHwDzJf.jpg
    rdZGkdj.jpg
    axObkij.jpg

Sorry so many images. I should go through my screenshots more often.

v2zAToe.jpg
  • nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Do these elusive balloon items only come from people you have streetpassed multiple times? Because if so, that is quite sad.

edited September 2013
    Do these elusive balloon items only come from people you have streetpassed multiple times? Because if so, that is quite sad.

Yes. There's a list of different items you get from repeat streetpass people.
    animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/StreetPass
    On the first one, you get nothing. When it says balloon, bunny balloon, icecream, etc, you get a random color or kind.

The things are apparently not orderable in the catalog, but the balloons display like furniture in your house and unlike custom or event furniture if someone has some in their house you can order them from their showcase house. I don't think that's true of the other things. Unfortunately the ice creams, etc don't display like furniture or clothing, they are "place on ground" items and those kinds of items don't seem orderable out of showcase homes.

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
    I just had my first villager barge in on me while in my house. (I guess I'm not in there much? Or my villagers just don't like me. I still have never received a picture). While he was there, Chief gave me a Rococo Dresser, a piece of furniture I haven't customized yet! So thoughtful.

Guess we aren't hitting 100 tonight.

I'll remake tomorrow when we get a few more pages.

September Bug / Fish, and Event Calendar added to OP.

Calendar is spoiler'd for folks who want to be surprised.

11, actually

Seriously. Can we get an Ollie forecast?
    tiloah wrote: »
    Did you all get your full moon vanity?

@Hargaad of Omnar - I don't suppose you could get me some card furniture? I could even give it back once I'm done customizing it. Gosh I can't wait to get Gracie in my town.

Full moon vanity?! Wait, what?!
    I would happily let you customize some card furniture...if Gracie would freakin' stock it! I have the complete Princess set that I'm going to bring over to Omnar2 once I either get the two large piles of jumbled mess sorted, OR I expand the area so that there's more room to put touch-only items.

Full moon vanity is the September DLC. It cannot be customized. :|

No worries about the card furniture. I was just looking it up and apparently it's stocked during the times when other pieces are discounted and disappear from the shop (the card furniture shows up in its place I think?).

• nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular

Yes. There's a list of different items you get from repeat streetpass people.
    animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/StreetPass
    On the first one, you get nothing. When it says balloon, bunny balloon, icecream, etc, you get a random color or kind.

The things are apparently not orderable in the catalog, but the balloons display like furniture in your house and unlike custom or event furniture if someone has some in their house you can order them from their showcase house. I don't think that's true of the other things. Unfortunately the ice creams, etc don't display like furniture or clothing, they are "place on ground" items and those kinds of items don't seem orderable out of showcase homes.

Oh. That's great that you can order them. I've got a full showcase, so I'll go through today and see what I can order. Yay!

• ElinElin Registered User regular
    Can someone switch me to casual in the spreadsheet before I get @ bombed for never remembering to update it when I'm at an actual computer. Please/thanks.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • LaPuzzaLaPuzza Registered User regular

I think you have me confused with someone else. I hate gyroids and would burn them in the town incinerator if it was a public works project.

edited September 2013
    LaPuzza wrote: »

I think you have me confused with someone else. I hate gyroids and would burn them in the town incinerator if it was a public works project.

My mistake. There must be an imposter LaPuzza, because the gyroid tab is filled out next to your name.
    Yet more troubles when people mess with spreadsheet filters.
    I'm willing to bet that the names got shuffled around with the info from the first tab...
    But the following tabs only shuffled around the first column of formula'd names. Now everybody is mixed up on the following tabs.
    @_J_ please tell me you have an old copy where the names are correct? Otherwise, the sheet is largely inaccurate for data in every tab but the first. (Except for my info. I knew what slots I had occupied, drag&dropped my name back into place, and everything is correct for me.)

Edit: more proof in that Donnicton never filled out gyroid needs. Pretty sure that's where cabbie98 was. Spreadsheet flubbed. Either needs a major re-fixing, or a wipe and new start. :|

EditEdit: @Stephidabefida Sorry to tag you previously. From LaPuzza's response, I'm guessing you don't need that gyroid, either.

Hargaad of Omnar on

• SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Why is my river mouth packed with black bass and not salmon? Are salmon really rare or something?

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    What the hell Pascal? I go diving this morning for a Scallop and you don't bother to show up. Stupid hippie. And no weeds in my town or wilting flowers, can't start a new public works project. Is this some kind of holiday where I'm not supposed to work?

• SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I pulled all of my lines back beside my name in the spreadsheet. :) I assume whoever deleted the inactive players from last time threw the spreadsheet out of whack.
    Why is my river mouth packed with black bass and not salmon? Are salmon really rare or something?

Are you checking the waterfall area between the ocean and the river? Salmon are fairly common, but king salmon take a while to show up.

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
    edited September 2013
    Wish I knew or cared to trick my 3DS into being in EU to test something.
    It appears that the Flamenco hat is EU exclusive, and was/is given out sometime between April 24th and May 3rd. Very little evidence for confirmation, just speculation on my end.
    Sites claim those dates from Wild World or City Folk, and I'm venturing a guess that it's either an in-game get in that time period, or it'll be a real-life dated release by Nintendo (wirelessly, just as they sent the notice in the mail about the afternoon-tea set). My guess would be the latter since it appears the Flamenco hat can be ordered (which many other real-life-timed releases have been).
    Same for the red-horned hat, school cap, white school cap (all 3 previous items supposedly KOR DLC), and the tam'o'shanter (EU DLC). All can (supposedly) be catalog-ordered.

Hargaad of Omnar on

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »

Are you checking the waterfall area between the ocean and the river? Salmon are fairly common, but king salmon take a while to show up.

Yeah that's where I've been finding all of mine today and yesterday. They haven't had time to move upstream yet.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    @_J_ please tell me you have an old copy where the names are correct? Otherwise, the sheet is largely inaccurate for data in every tab but the first. (Except for my info. I knew what slots I had occupied, drag&dropped my name back into place, and everything is correct for me.)

This is why we can't have nice things.

Yeah, there is an old copy saved. I will compare the two and put up a fixed version today.

It might take me a few hours, since I have some crap to do today.

• rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Once you guys get your spreadsheet nonsense worked out, I think I'll have to drop myself to casual this month. There are just too many other games coming out that I'm interested in, and work is picking up on top of that. Ironically I have a week off coming up, and I'm thinking about doing a 20m bell+ turnip buy then. You can bet I'll be checking prices like a hawk.

• LaPuzzaLaPuzza Registered User regular

My mistake. There must be an imposter LaPuzza, because the gyroid tab is filled out next to your name.
    I'm willing to bet that the names got shuffled around with the info from the first tab...
    But the following tabs only shuffled around the first column of formula'd names. Now everybody is mixed up on the following tabs.

Edit: more proof in that Donnicton never filled out gyroid needs. Pretty sure that's where cabbie98 was. Spreadsheet flubbed. Either needs a major re-fixing, or a wipe and new start. :|

EditEdit: @Stephidabefida Sorry to tag you previously. From LaPuzza's response, I'm guessing you don't need that gyroid, either.

Wow, so it sure does look like I'm out Gryoid shopping based on that tab (where I never go). Would anyone that filled out that entire spreadsheet of need/want please go cut and paste that out of my name and into yours? Cause imma fix that on my own soon.

Of course, Hargaad, you're my hero for everything you do for us undeserving ungrateful asses here in New Leafville. So if you're offering me gyroids teh proper response should be "thank you sir, may I have another?"

This is why we can't have nice things.

Yeah, there is an old copy saved. I will compare the two and put up a fixed version today.

It might take me a few hours, since I have some crap to do today.

I hadn't expected somebody to fiddle with filters since there's adjunct coding that doesn't move the other columns' information with the cells being rearranged.
    I am likely a lone voice in this, as I often use the spreadsheet to try to pass out items that are being requested.
    I moved myself back to the correct spot, and, really, the only thing that needs fixing is to re-paste the first page of information, as none of the subsequent tabs had information moved (besides @SilverWind's manual shift).

Wow, so it sure does look like I'm out Gryoid shopping based on that tab (where I never go). Would anyone that filled out that entire spreadsheet of need/want please go cut and paste that out of my name and into yours? Cause imma fix that on my own soon.

Of course, Hargaad, you're my hero for everything you do for us undeserving ungrateful asses here in New Leafville. So if you're offering me gyroids teh proper response should be "thank you sir, may I have another?"

Eh, just lookin' out for mah peeps. Different deets for different peeps.
    Somebody is missing out on their offers on gyroids, and you got hit with a notification to take a gyroid.
    And if you're asking for another...
    Shit, take 'em all. I'm just a happy middle-man trying to move inventory through to people in need. :)

• MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    So I slept in Sunday and didn't get into the game early enough to buy turnips. Oh well. Next week...

Also, I'm thinking of ditching my basement full of Gyroids. If I decide to, you want me to just drop them in Omnar? (after I give my wife first dibs of course)

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • HaukyHauky Registered User regular
    Salmon tip: actually walk down and fish from the beach. Both kinds are pretty common, but for some reason do not spawn if you're up on the cliff unless the RNG happens to stick one up above the waterfall (rare but it happened to me one time).

bobross.png
    I have fresh balloons. Different colors than yesterday. But nobody has an open town. Also I have a katie somewhere. I told her I had to run an errand and she ran off.

v2zAToe.jpg
    edited September 2013
    I have fresh balloons. Different colors than yesterday. But nobody has an open town. Also I have a katie somewhere. I told her I had to run an errand and she ran off.

Omnar2 opening soon. It appears to have crashed, and I'm running the dailies right now.
    Also, balloons will be moved into my newly-expanded house. If ice cream and pinwheels cannot be ordered, I'm going to be disappointed. I'll still keep them in my house, but I'll keep the first that comes by, and offer the second and forth for the taking.

Edit: Omnar2 open!
    Hello free picnic baskets!

Hargaad of Omnar on

• SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    @Toxic Toys I have that flag pole thingy for you! :D

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
    SilverWind wrote: »
    @Toxic Toys I have that flag pole thingy for you! :D

Sweet! Anything you want? I'll be over tonight to pick it up or if you see me open you can drop it off.

edited September 2013
    Still searching for a blue and red ogre mask I hear they're available in Japan only for Bean Day. If I could offer anything in return for those, or give you positive feedback on any other site (such as ACC) for your troubles, I would be happy to do so.

Edit: Also, my list of shirts is ridiculously long. I'll maybe post it in the new thread with the rest of the items I still need.

Hargaad of Omnar on

Since some Silly Goose broke the previous spreadsheet, I have reverted to a copy from early August.

PA AC New Spreadsheet: September - Edit this one

PA AC Broken Spreadsheet - View old info

Folks can edit the new spreadsheet, and view the old one. That way you can copy data from the old to the new, but not fuck up the old one any further.

Spreadsheet Rules, since we seem to need to go over this shit again.

1) Don't Break Shit! Do not change the view, cell ordering, add new rows on the user list, etc. New folks add themselves at the bottom.
    2) If you fuck up the spreadsheet? Then fucking let @_J_ know!!
    We will not be mad if you accidentally break something, and let us know. We will be pissed if we find that the spreadsheet has been broken and the culprit did not tell anyone to fix it.

3) PM / @ anyone you add to your Friends List.
    4) Do not run in towns
    There were a lot of notes in the user list saying both of those. Rather than replicate it throughout, let's just make those universal laws.

Folks who do not select Market Devotee or Casual by 10 p.m. Sunday, September 8th will be automatically assigned Inactive status.