As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Giant Bomb: Hey guys. I'm Batman.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I just played through the first God of War again this week. Some of the platforming at the end and final boss fight aside I think it holds up pretty great.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    fun pax facts

the cards against humanity booth has a sign on it stating it's a trans safe place

specifically using the triangle logo to do so
    That is really surprising considering some of the cards in there

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I've never heard of this logo

What's the difference between a trans safe place and...everywhere else?

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    fun pax facts

the cards against humanity booth has a sign on it stating it's a trans safe place

specifically using the triangle logo to do so
    That is really surprising considering some of the cards in there

yeah

"passable transvestites" made me wince hard

the sign raised them up in my estimations, and shocked me

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    well putting a sign up is easy

I wouldn't start beatifying anyone until the actual you know product they're selling isn't offensive

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »

I wouldn't start beatifying anyone until the actual you know product they're selling isn't offensive

Not that I agree with it

But isn't the literal point of the game to be as offensive as humanly possible

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular

Not that I agree with it

hence why it's awful

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    the fact that they knew what logo to use is what made me feel better

it's a bit obscure

• Options
    edited September 2013

Not that I agree with it

and how does that make any of it any better

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options

Not that I agree with it

because context and intent make a huge difference

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    ironic bigotry is still bigotry

• Options

Not that I agree with it

Well I mean clearly they do not think you should jack off into a pool of children's tears either

I think it means that you can't assume the things printed on the cards are their beliefs or values
    Balefuego wrote: »

Not that I agree with it

because context and intent make a huge difference

Also what Bale said

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Well...at least he's admitting God of War sucks.

No he isn't

Unless you're saying Gone Home sucks

I know he wasn't.

Just wanted to restate how much I dislike that series.

• Options
    yeah that context really helps

I mean the fact that the phrase "passable transvestites" was included for people to laugh at makes me feel a lot better about the whole thing

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    It's called playing demographics chicken, a dangerous game all the not-quite-major publishers are doing in an effort to be the non-AAA equivalent of "edgy"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZjX65NYVGM

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    this sounds like a conversation that is going to devolve into the worst sort of argument

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I'm going to excommunicate Brendan McNamara from the McNamara clan.

It's within my power.

• Options
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    I'm going to excommunicate Brendan McNamara from the McNamara clan.

It's within my power.

Psh

I don't see you making L.A. Noire

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »
    this sounds like a conversation that is going to devolve into the worst sort of argument

don't worry, I'm done

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

Let's talk about how I'm very seriously considering putting $500 toward the Mighty No. 9 kickstarter instead

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular

Let's talk about how I'm very seriously considering putting $500 toward the Mighty No. 9 kickstarter instead

I instantly put $100 down for Massive Chalice and I will stand by that decision forever

Even if the game itself is no good in the end

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

tl-horizontal_main

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    I've only ever funded Veronica Mars

And I'll totally throw $10 towards Cosmic Star Heroine

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Megabyte Punch is pretty great guys

Sadly it seems its entirely balanced around Co-Op

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Huntera wrote: »

I instantly put $100 down for Massive Chalice and I will stand by that decision forever

Megaman and Inafune are very seriously some of my favorite characters/creators ever

I'd frame that shit and put it up between these prints on my wall

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

I'm going to throw $60 at it. Which in a weird round-about way will make it the most expensive steam game I have ever bought.

Good news is that it has already blown past the $900k goal by $200k and there is 29 days left to go.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I would have donated to Massive Chalice in a heartbeat if I knew for sure I'd have a way to play it, but I don't PC game

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    edit: Sorry, I am grumpy. That was not warranted.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

I mean the fact that the phrase "passable transvestites" was included for people to laugh at makes me feel a lot better about the whole thing
    All those flippant references to the genocide of my people would really get under my skin except I have a functioning sense of humor.

oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

no no no no

this way lies madness

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular

I'm glad there's a late backer option for that game so I can throw in when I get a steady income.

• Options

Megaman and Inafune are very seriously some of my favorite characters/creators ever

I'd frame that shit and put it up between these prints on my wall

This reminded me of something and now I have the dota 2 2013 roster poster shipping to me

Yaaay thank you Chincy

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Hey same level buddies!

I also donated lesser amounts to the Space Quest and Tex Murphy kickstarters as well as the Drake Tracker.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Trans folks are still actively struggling for recognition even in the lgbt community so it's a little different

• Options
    Hey

Where the hell is my Veronica Mars shirt, I should have had that shit already

• Options

Hey same level buddies!

I also donated lesser amounts to the Space Quest and Tex Murphy kickstarters as well as the Drake Tracker.

Did you make sure to change your donor level to include the collector's edition box?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I need to find my Double Fine Adventure shirt. I just remembered I haven't seen it in a while.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

All those flippant references to the genocide of my people would really get under my skin except I have a functioning sense of humor.

uh oh

my instruments!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Yeah I tossed in a tenner towards a small strategy game called Neocolonialism about a year? ago. It's still not out yet but it's only being made by one guy and he's still making progress so whatever

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    whoops

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    sure nazi jokes are par for the course

but lgbtt jokes are too soon™

Xehalus on
This discussion has been closed.