As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Changing the way notifications appear

As it stands I'm currently subscribed to get notifications from several threads. When someone posts. When I go to check them and click into the thread it takes me to the user post (usually the latest post for any given thread)

My question is if it is possible to change notifications to tell me that the payday 2 thread (as an example) has updated with x posts. And clicking through to the link brings me to the earliest unread post much like normal forum browsing.

More a convenience thing than anything else

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think bookmarking the thread is similar functionality.

YL9WnCY.png
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Speaking of bookmarks, I'm not seeing them in mobile. Am I just missing them?

I do the majority of my thread-clicking in my drop down bookmarks tab, and it's super convenient that having take me to the most recent unread post, but on mobile I have to click on my name, notifications, and then figure out which is the newest from the list of all new posts.

I may just be missing the obvious.

UEAKCrash on
  • BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Speaking of bookmarks, Im not seeing them in mobile. Am I just missing them?

I do the majority of my thread-clicking in my drop down bookmarks tab, and it's super convenient that having take me to the most recent unread post, but on mobile I have to click on my name, notifications, and then figure out which is the newest from the list of all new posts.

This is pretty much what I'm meaning I just can't explain to save my life

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Botznoy wrote: »
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Speaking of bookmarks, Im not seeing them in mobile. Am I just missing them?

This is pretty much what I'm meaning I just can't explain to save my life

There is none for Mobile, so you have to take the bookmarks url and save it as a bookmark on your phone.

50433.png?1708759015
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I'd just save a bookmark to the bookmarked thread list: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussions/bookmarked

you can bookmark/unbookmark just fine from the mobile interface but for some reason there isn't an actual link to the bookmarked thread list

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg