As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Sixth Annual Drinking Tournament Part 1 (Official Thread!)

• Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    6 years and it looks like the first night of bad weather. (Bring an umbrella wand)

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Huh, my weather thingy is saying it's gonna be nice all day and night.

wWuzwvJ.png
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Huh, my weather thingy is saying it's gonna be nice all day and night.

It's been gross here so far today but it did just clear up. I'd love 6 straight years of clear skies. We'll see. It's an adventure! :D

Looks like I herpaderped and forgot to change my location to Seattle. Yeah, it looks like it'll be what all you Lower 48ers refer to as "rain."

wWuzwvJ.png
  • InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I keep bookmarks on my tablet directly to King5's 60-mile and 120-mile radar maps. (Might help, but with a set schedule we can't really go around the squalls.)

I remember saying something like 'August is a sure thing around here' a few years in a row and now I have to eat those words! This is probably Seattle's karmic backlash for having a rainless July. (Updated the food map with Hufflepuff's new home, BTW.)

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to include my classic line... TONIGHT!

Initialdor on
    2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • LerlertHerbLerlertHerb MerdwerstRegistered User regular
    There are two tickets on the Eventbrite page. I wonder how long they'll sit there.

• stabn_stabn_ Registered User regular
    Initialdor wrote: »
    I keep bookmarks on my tablet directly to King5's 60-mile and 120-mile radar maps. (Might help, but with a set schedule we can't really go around the squalls.)

I remember saying something like 'August is a sure thing around here' a few years in a row and now I have to eat those words! This is probably Seattle's karmic backlash for having a rainless July. (Updated the food map with Hufflepuff's new home, BTW.)

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to include my classic line... TONIGHT!

Somehow last year a rainless July led to a rainless august. I miss last year :(.

Fortunately all of the walks are short and most of the event is indoors.

Slytherin Headboy: Order of the Phoenix!
  • courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    RawrrrAyda wrote: »
    Can we agree to use #TWDT2013 for twitter/instagram/whatever? :D

There's already posts under #TWDT on twitter.

• eskalatorkideskalatorkid Registered User regular
    2 now available for RAVENCLAW DE

KABOOM

• RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    4 more hours.

The crunk begins.

PW0oFIs.png
  • Jaym4nJaym4n Registered User regular
    It saddens me to no end, but I'm gonna have to miss this because my plane is way delayed. There'll be a slytherin DE ticket up soon.

PAX SOUTH 2017 Preparedness:
    [E] Passes [X] Hotel [X] Flight [ ] Waiting Patiently
    mHCQED9.png
  • courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    Gonna blame voldermort for the rain and lightning.

• LadyBeeLadyBee Vancouver BCRegistered User regular
    This weather really hinders my outfit.... anyone walking from the springhill suites area want a thunder buddy?

Buttoneer
    Slytherin OotP HeadGirl.
  • Bau5Bau5 PDXRegistered User regular
    AHHH.... THE WEATHER!!!

Can one of you wizards or witches make this weather better?

2015 PAX Prime: Badge(s) [ ] Transportation [ ] Hotel [ ] TWDT replacement [ ] Party Pants [ ]

TWDT Slytherin Death Eater - 2012
    TWDT Slytherin Death Eater - 2013
    TWDT Slytherin Death Eater - 2014
    Gryffindor OotP should be at Barca by 8 for early checkin and drinking!

• SaxicideSaxicide Registered User regular
    Upstairs or downstairs?

• AyedinAyedin Registered User new member
    Thank you very much from "the Hufflepuff Four." :) We had a great time and we all made it home safe. Even Steven.

• thelemantheleman Registered User new member
    Four wizards returned home of the 'Hufflepuff Four', but only three of their enchanted scarves.

A dirty Death Eater absconded with one of their house scarves. I will surely divine it's location and track it down during the con!

I'm coming for you, Gryffindor DE!

edited August 2013
    God damn, Slytherins.

That is all.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • eskalatorkideskalatorkid Registered User regular
    HEY GUYS, TAG YOURSELVES,
    http://theeasierbakeoven.blogspot.com/2013/08/pax-prime.html
    THANKS FOR MAKING IT MEMORABLE
    MY LOVER HATES YOU
    XOXO

• AerithdarkoAerithdarko Registered User regular
    Need help! Trying to contact a Ravenclaw OotP named Christina who made wands for her challengers. She gave me her email but I drunkenly typed it incorrectly (saw that one coming a mile away). Anyone know her forum handle or other contact method?

"Sly-ther-in! Sly-ther-in! Sly-ther-in!"

• CronusCronus Registered User regular
    Another good tournament down. I can't wait to hear the final number raised for Childs Play!

camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    That was completely awesome! Slytherin knows how to close down a bar... and raid a hot dog stand!

2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
    edited September 2013
    Slytherin wins the house cup! We absolutely smashed every other house's total and accounted for fully half of the total donations!
    Initialdor wrote: »
    That was completely awesome! Slytherin knows how to close down a bar... and raid a hot dog stand!

That hot dog stand was top tier as fuck. Those were the best dogs I've ever had.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    Grats icky snakes! We'll get you next year though!

why are you smelling it?
    skarsol wrote: »
    We'll get you next year though!

Nope! :D

wWuzwvJ.png
  • valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    Well I made it home (from the bar and from PAX) safely. That night had to be one of the best times I had. I honestly wish I could remember everyone I met that night. Thank you @TOGSolid for taking all 3 Horcrux challenges in a single drink with me :). I think that right there put me over the edge lol

Also I wanted to thank the 3 Hufflepuff OotP people that I took on at once at Barcas for that game of I Never. I may have lost but I still put up the good fight.

Just thanks to all that helped me have an awesome time. Glad to hear we won :D. Go Slytherin!!!

Also, in case no one knows who this is, I was the very big Slytherin DE in the black cloak :)

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
    That triple challenge managed to take first place for "most awful thing I've consumed at the TWDT." It was a pleasure to fight the good fight with you, sir.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • UnfetteredUnfettered Registered User regular
    We may not have won the tournament by numbers, but as our ENTIRE house was too drunk to participate in a charity auction, I'm willing to call it a spiritual victory.

Hufflepuff DE - HoH - Huffledrunk 4 Lyf!

RIP: uncomfortably hot tire vest

u want destiny raid? We be raidin'! XBL: Unfettered
  • ArlendorArlendor Registered User regular
    @Valdor, you took on two of the Hufflepuff Four and lived. That's a win in any book.

I'm already looking forward to next year's competition and dreading the day after next year's competition. HUFFLEPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUFF!

EHwRDLe.jpg

And so the cup arrives in its new home for the next year in Juneau, Alaska!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Why was I not called in to help with the challenge? I could have taken some of that load..... This does explain TOGs state at the end of the night as we stumbled out.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    As much as I hate to be defeated, Slytherin totally earned it. Good job folks!

Ravenclaw will be back and better than ever next year :)

• alkihaulalkihaul Registered User new member
    edited September 2013
    HEY GUYS, TAG YOURSELVES,
    http://theeasierbakeoven.blogspot.com/2013/08/pax-prime.html
    THANKS FOR MAKING IT MEMORABLE
    MY LOVER HATES YOU
    XOXO

I know you...

Heres is my album http://imgur.com/a/N37mZ#0

alkihaul on
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Look, we can't win it every year. We need to let the other houses have a crack at it every now and then :lol:

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    here's my PAX album which is mainly triwizard pics and mainly of slytherin so there:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theadam/sets/72157635381723507/

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Atlus and the rest of the crew are going to have brilliant ideas for next (and final) year. If my financials work out, I will make sure that even the House Elves will have a blast and place it the PAX history books as one of the most epic community events ever.

Until then, your ever-so-awesome Slytherin DE House Elf signing off.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    Cabezone wrote: »
    Why was I not called in to help with the challenge? I could have taken some of that load..... This does explain TOGs state at the end of the night as we stumbled out.

The triple challenge was going to happen regardless of how much backup we had. It's better that you weren't there otherwise you would have been doing it too.

You know something is a bad idea when the bartender is scared by what you're about to drink.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    @Arlendor where you one of the four? By that point in the night I was already pretty drunk. I been doing shots in between all the challenge drinks. You lok familiar. I also remember another guy and a cute girl. Names escape me lol

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • AerithdarkoAerithdarko Registered User regular
    altmann wrote: »
    here's my PAX album which is mainly triwizard pics and mainly of slytherin so there:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theadam/sets/72157635381723507/

Awesome pictures! Sad I'm not in any of them (unless one of those dark marks is me)

This discussion has been closed.