As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX PRIME 2013 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

1151617181921»

• duhnoduhno Registered User regular
    hello please quote:

whats the maximum sets of four 1 day passes u can buy per person?(and how long does the single day pass sell out)?

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    During the ticket sales this year, the rule of thumb was that more than 4 complete sets of passes in a single order would get it flagged.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    how old to be an enforcer?

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Have to be at least 18 years old and eligible to work in the US.

meh next year ill try to get tickets, but it usually on weekdays on the mornings how am i able to get tickets when im in school?

• adkalldayadkallday Registered User regular
    So I've been crawling trying to figure this out.

Do they hand out PAX PRIME swag bags at the door to the first X amount of people?

Am I missing out on something?

Is there somewhere I need to go early Sunday morning to get a "Swag Bag"?

Thanks in advanced!

• XarthanXarthan Registered User regular
    Swag bags are in the queue room. No line.

• MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    Swag bags are put out in the Queue room at 11:30 every day. The last couple of days they've still had them out at 2:00 pm, so you probably have a couple of hours to get one.

• ambrousisambrousis Registered User regular
    Speaking of Swag Bags, does anyone know if on Monday I would be allowed to come back later in the day and see if there are any extra bags? My girlfrend was supposed to attend with me and ended up in the hospital, so she wants me to see about getting her one still.

• mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    ambrousis wrote: »
    Speaking of Swag Bags, does anyone know if on Monday I would be allowed to come back later in the day and see if there are any extra bags? My girlfrend was supposed to attend with me and ended up in the hospital, so she wants me to see about getting her one still.

Honestly? Nobody will care if you just take two.

There are enough people like me that are going all four days and only take one bag that there are plenty of extra left over. At least from what I've seen.

• TeknogeekTeknogeek Registered User regular
    Hello Everyone, quick question.

I was only able to get a pass for Monday, so I'll be heading there tomorrow. Wanted to ask what the Swag situation is like for people who have already been this time around.

• Escher3030Escher3030 Doubtful Guest Registered User new member
    Is there anyone who knows, or knows someone who knows someone who knows, the definitive playlist for the music loop that plays before the start of panels? Specifically the one for PAX Prime 2013, which I believe is the same regardless of theater.

• Dr.RocktipusDr.Rocktipus Registered User regular
    Escher3030 wrote: »
    Is there anyone who knows, or knows someone who knows someone who knows, the definitive playlist for the music loop that plays before the start of panels? Specifically the one for PAX Prime 2013, which I believe is the same regardless of theater.
    My friend kept commenting about how they kept playing the Protomen at the start of every panel.

• disabledgamerj2disabledgamerj2 Kirkland, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    so are there dates for 2014 yet?

Should be labor day again. The only reason it moved a year or two back was because another conference has the WSCC booked that weekend every so many years, like in perpetuity. I think we have a couple more years until that happens again.

• ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular

WSCC website says PAX Prime 2014 will be August 29 - September 1 :)http://wscc.com/about_us/calendar.aspx Just click the arrow to go to later months and choose August

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    mcdermott wrote: »

Should be labor day again. The only reason it moved a year or two back was because another conference has the WSCC booked that weekend every so many years, like in perpetuity. I think we have a couple more years until that happens again.
    I think it's every 7 years that group has the convention center. I know my first Prime in 2011 was one of the "off years" (I guess it would've actually been the first off year since PAX wasn't in WSCTC in 2004.)

Traitorious on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    yeah, I would guess that the WSCC website dates are pretty solid.

• Travman93Travman93 Billings, MTRegistered User regular
    May be a stupid question, but what happens to the con-specific Penny Arcade merch after the convention? I didn't have the funds at the time to get a scarf since it was my first time at PAX, and now I'm afraid that my chance has come and gone.

Yeah, your chance has gone. "Exclusive" means exclusive.

whypick1 wrote: »

Many things that don't have a specific year (or specific pax location) may turn up again. I forget if the scarf says 2013 on it, but if not I'd bet it shows up in 2014.

• bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »
    whypick1 wrote: »

Many things that don't have a specific year (or specific pax location) may turn up again. I forget if the scarf says 2013 on it, but if not I'd bet it shows up in 2014.
    I'm afraid the scarf does have 2013 on it.

Pic is here (imgur).

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    fyi, I'm working on the 2014 prime FAQ.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • GamingBandit1GamingBandit1 Registered User new member
    Hi there. I am new to PAX Prime. How and when can I purchase 4 day passes for 2014 and what are the dates for the event? Also I don't know if I'll get a notification of an answer in my email so just in case here it is elbandit777@aol.com. thank you.

Hi there. I am new to PAX Prime. How and when can I purchase 4 day passes for 2014 and what are the dates for the event? Also I don't know if I'll get a notification of an answer in my email so just in case here it is elbandit777@aol.com. thank you.
    You aren't going to get faster answers by asking the same stuff over and over in multiple threads. Nobody is going to email you.

• leveleyedleveleyed Registered User new member
    edited February 2014
    Does anyone know the name of the vendor that was raffling off desk chairs near the PC free play area? They were the uber-adjustable high-end ones that had an American Medical (or Chiropractic) Association endorsement/approval. I lost the business card, but am looking to buy a new office chair now, and can't remember the vendor's name.

-edit-
    I figured it out. It's Haworth. The chairs they were showing were the Zody Task Home Office and Zody Task Executive. Most comfortable thing I have ever rested my ass in.

leveleyed on
    Yeah, those were pretty great.

This discussion has been closed.