As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Crime [maybe a little Punishment] and what happens next.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »
    Hullis wrote: »
    I kind of wonder what people perceive as "justice"

Like gutting the guy on national tv or giving him ten years in the electric chair.

Whatever it is, you just can't get everything back after someone does something horrific to you.

There's really no such thing as justice.

SIERRA

HOTEL

INDIA

ECHO

LIMA

DELTA

SHIELD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxD3rpVsO9Q

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Haha holy shit you guys

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I kind of wonder what people perceive as "justice"

Like gutting the guy on national tv or giving him ten years in the electric chair.

Whatever it is, you just can't get everything back after someone does something horrific to you.

There's really no such thing as justice.

Just us.

just-us.jpg

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    you're a real fuckin' class act, azith

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    In yet another glaring indication of the nation’s broken criminal justice system, Ohio correctional officers discovered the body of inmate Ariel Castro, a Cleveland man serving a life sentence on rape and kidnapping charges, hanging from his jail cell Tuesday night, prompting strong calls for action from reformers looking to correct America’s failed correctional policy. “What happened to Ariel Castro is symptomatic of a deeply flawed rehabilitation system that provides neither justice nor security, instead allowing countless men and women each year to fall through the cracks,” prison reform advocate John Wolahan told reporters, noting that Castro, who police say was left unattended for 30 minutes at a time by security personnel, was as much a victim of the prison’s negligence as he was of society as a whole. “In a legal system concerned with harsh sentencing and ultra-punitive approaches to justice, the well-being of people like Ariel Castro—those who have to live in the system we created—is treated as a mere afterthought. And I ask you: How many Ariel Castros have to suffer before we realize the machine is broken? His death is something we all have to live with.” Reformers added that the case was especially tragic because prison employees had reportedly seen warning signs from Castro for weeks and took no action.

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Using Castro as a poster child for 'reforming the prison system' is not very effective. I'm sympathetic to prisoner rights (rehabilitation, abolition of solitary confinement, etc.) but Castro? Fuck him. It's a sad fact that 95% of prisoners would benefit from prison reform, and become productive members of society, but instead, the prisoner rights people use Castro. It'll just backfire on him.

Seriously, I consider myself a logical person, and yet I'm torn between, "good riddance" and "Damn coward", both feelings disgust me.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Using Castro as a poster child for 'reforming the prison system' is not very effective. I'm sympathetic to prisoner rights (rehabilitation, abolition of solitary confinement, etc.) but Castro? Fuck him. It's a sad fact that 95% of prisoners would benefit from prison reform, and become productive members of society, but instead, the prisoner rights people use Castro. It'll just backfire on him.

Seriously, I consider myself a logical person, and yet I'm torn between, "good riddance" and "Damn coward", both feelings disgust me.

umm..

http://www.theonion.com/articles/ariel-castro-failed-by-system,33733/

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    oh... fuck... I've been onion'd

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    absolutely perfect.

• SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    men... houses...

the death penalty for this thread

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    oh... fuck... I've been onion'd

To be fair, that's one of the best troll articles. I'm not even saying I disagree with it a whole lot, but I can imagine what my Facebook wall would be if I were actually friends with complete idiots.

was trying to explode azith's head

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

Oh...

I'm sorry I ruined it.

:(

• SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

it's okay

he's out

this is our thread now

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    guys like Ariel Castro really make me wonder how monstrous a person can be and still technically be sane

I saw it. No, it didnt explode my head. In fact I found it perfectly believable. I just kinda sighed.

• TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

His continued existence was not "the problem"

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
    haha, yeah

fuck the ACLU and SPLC, right everyone??

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I read an article in Rolling Stone a few months ago. It was all about how awful solitary confinement is to a human being and how it horribly damages people. US prisons are very much about punishment, rather than rehabilitation, even for very minor criminals. It is sad.

Sorry but the fact that anyone here thinks a person who raped and abused three children on a daily basis for a fucking decade deserves any kind of a decent life after he was finally caught....thats the sad thing.

i don't think you're sorry!

whooooooooooooooooooosh

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i can tell how much traction both sides have in this argument given that this thread has two whole pages in an entire month

i don't really see an argument so much as a dogpile

a big, wet, smelly dogpile

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    Sorry but the fact that anyone here thinks a person who raped and abused three children on a daily basis for a fucking decade deserves any kind of a decent life after he was finally caught....thats the sad thing.

He's burning under ten thousand lakes of fire, so y'all can just shut it now.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Erich Zahn wrote: »

he probably isn't

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    why would you burn UNDER the lakes

wouldn't you burn IN them?

under the lakes is probably just rock at varying temperatures as you go further into the earths core

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2013
    Erich Zahn wrote: »

Until people have been kicked you can shut the fuck up about what people may or may not talk about.

A duck! on
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    i don't really see an argument so much as a dogpile

a big, wet, smelly dogpile

Don't stop... Keep... Going, I'm alm

You know what, never mind.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

Are you saying he should be raped and abused for three decades instead? While watching the VMAs or something.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Yeah Blake, eye for an eye and all that, you know, and stuff.

Wait, what's that you say? Us being implicit in his undergoing the same treatment he's in jail for makes us just as bad as him?

• Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Yo

Fuck Ariel Castro

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I'm not defending him.

• CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    You clearly were. You obviously love him. WHY DON'T YOU FUCKING MARRY HIM?!

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Don't look at me, I voted for kodos.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/moncton-man-facing-bestiality-charges-1.1461495

so uh, even though they don't mention a name in the article I know who this guy is because word gets around

he stayed in our house for a weekend in the spring, in exchange for taking professional photos of our dogs

we didn't really know him, my wife had spoken with him briefly at a show and he seemed nice/took good pictures

but when he was here we quickly realized he was one weird, creepy, annoying dude. thankfully, he was never alone with our dogs beyond us being in the next room, but still, fuck

he slept in my fucking guest room

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    well that is terrifying

2x39jD4.jpg
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    yyyyyyyyyup

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/moncton-man-facing-bestiality-charges-1.1461495

so uh, even though they don't mention a name in the article I know who this guy is because word gets around

he stayed in our house for a weekend in the spring, in exchange for taking professional photos of our dogs

we didn't really know him, my wife had spoken with him briefly at a show and he seemed nice/took good pictures

but when he was here we quickly realized he was one weird, creepy, annoying dude. thankfully, he was never alone with our dogs beyond us being in the next room, but still, fuck

he slept in my fucking guest room
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

Turns out he was trying to screw my dog.