As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Saints Row 4 Thread: Supervillain Sandbox Shenanigans! Get it August 20/23!

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    So, I played some co-op a couple days ago, and my partner was playing with, like, world color settings or something?

And now my single-player world is, like, really bright day-time with a washed-out palette.

Can I change that myself, or do I need to do co-op with someone else to reset it back to normal?

IKknkhU.gif
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Go to the computer on your ship, you should be able to change the world setting there.

Sadly, it doesn't give you a preview version so you have to wing it.

Dragkonias wrote: »
    Go to the computer on your ship, you should be able to change the world setting there.

Do I have to unlock that option, or do I get it as soon as I get the ship?

IKknkhU.gif
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

It's upon beating the game

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    edited September 2013

Oh

Well

Shit

I'm not even close to the end of the game, and I really don't want to play the whole thing with this aesthetic. It gets...tiring on the eyes after a while.

Could someone who's finished the game get on real quick so I can enter their world and get my world reset to normal? I'd really appreciate it.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif

Oh

Well

Shit

I'm not even close to the end of the game, and I really don't want to play the whole thing with this aesthetic. It gets...tiring on the eyes after a while.

Could someone who's finished the game get on real quick so I can enter their world and get my world reset to normal? I'd really appreciate it.

Don't have it yet or I would, I'm sure someone will hook you up

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    SR2 Fraud was insanely boring because it actually spawned in less vehicles when you started it. I haven't done it in 3 for a long time.

the first step in fraud is to get to a freeway.

after that its easy as pie.

and those special hot spots also have set vehicle spawns that don't slow down for you

find something with backhoes and semis, and you're set

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

Oh

Well

Shit

@stilts
    what system are you using?

Oh

Well

Shit

@stilts
    what system are you using?

@DouglasDanger I'm on PC.

IKknkhU.gif
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I'll be happy to assist @stilts. If we aren't friends then my Steam account is linked in my sig.

edited September 2013
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I'll be happy to assist stilts. If we aren't friends then my Steam account is linked in my sig.

Looks like I already have you added.

I'll get on SR4 right now.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    Okay, I got it fixed.

IKknkhU.gif
    Oh my gosh.

The Matt loyalty mission is the most adorable thing.

IKknkhU.gif
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    So I am still not sure if I like this game more than SR3... but I really like it!

I think forcing myself on a ramen diet for the next week was worth it to get this game... :P

Neco on
    I'm glad you got it fixed, Stilts. I've done all of the loyalty missions except Keith David and Kinzie, and I must say that I have all been amazing.

So far I think I like SR4 more than 3.

SR3 had crazier and more memorable moments, but the dialogue and character development in SR4 seems waaaaaay better.

And while it never generates the king of big laughs from me that 3 could, I feel like the jokes are more consistently funny and less reliant on random goofiness.

Also no prostitute humor (so far). So that's a big plus.

IKknkhU.gif
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    4 seems like a very well made expansion pack of 3 to me.

I like it a lot, but with so many assets being reused it feels too samey.

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    wish I'd realized that Keith David's loyalty quests would give me a cash/XP multiplier for hacking stores before i hacked 32/34 stores for kinzie

gtrmp on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    the key is to just do all events on the map as soon as possible and then just complete quests as they come up.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    On the final mission

taking a break after doing the first leg

can't wait to get back into it

Miss me? Find me on:

So I just finished the game

I didn't think the highs were as high, but I felt it was maybe a better game throughout

That said

Is it weird to genuinely want a full on dialogue trees style game with these characters?

I'm not done hanging out with Pierce and Kenzie and Fun Shaundi dammit!

Is Kenzie's Gambit the final mission? I'm not seeing an obvious act structure in this game.
    SR4 spoiler
    I rescued Johnny Gat, and that sort of felt like the middle

Saints Row 3 had a very obvious delineation...

SR3
    You had Phillipe, then Matt Miller/Killbane and STAG

I'm sort of tired of fighting the same three or four types of enemies, then fighting the same type of mini-boss. That's one of the things I miss from SR3.

Is Kenzie's Gambit the final mission? I'm not seeing an obvious act structure in this game.
    SR4 spoiler
    I rescued Johnny Gat, and that sort of felt like the middle

Saints Row 3 had a very obvious delineation...

SR3
    You had Phillipe, then Matt Miller/Killbane and STAG

I'm sort of tired of fighting the same three or four types of enemies, then fighting the same type of mini-boss. That's one of the things I miss from SR3.

It's the beginning of the last act, but no you have 3-ish hours left maybe

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

nah man, you got a ways to go

OK, thanks.

I have quite a few side missions left and a ton of activities need to be completed.

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    So just beat the game. So questions, especially for people that have played this game since Saints Row 1

in the ending credits
    Am i the only one that got real choked up when during the sing along for "Just a Friend" it ended with Michael Clark Duncan, the original Benjiman MOTHERFUCKING King

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I didn't get that song with my end credits...

OK, thanks.

I have quite a few side missions left and a ton of activities need to be completed.

They'll give you a pretty clear warning if you try to start the final mission. Basically an "are you sure?" text box.

IKknkhU.gif
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I know they said this is essentially the end of the current Saints chronology, but I would kill for a SR 5 that covers the ending credits.

Maximum on
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Did you not get the "good" ending with the post-credits sequence? I thought the credits (and the audio that plays along with them) were the same in both versions, and it's just the images running alongside the credits that differ during that part. Anyways, if you missed it, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1KeYG1CIrc

well, they did mention that if they did anything new with Saints Row, it would be a reboot

and they totally have an in-game excuse for it, too!

Miss me? Find me on:

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    So just beat the game. So questions, especially for people that have played this game since Saints Row 1

in the ending credits
    Am i the only one that got real choked up when during the sing along for "Just a Friend" it ended with Michael Clark Duncan, the original Benjiman MOTHERFUCKING King

Oh man, I hadn't even made that connection, I was wondering who that was.

That is so sweet, and so sad.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Did you not get the "good" ending with the post-credits sequence? I thought the credits (and the audio that plays along with them) were the same in both versions, and it's just the images running alongside the credits that differ during that part. Anyways, if you missed it, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1KeYG1CIrc

I definitely did not get that on the credits. I had a bunch of silence during the credits, though, so that might have been where it was supposed to play. I did get the "good" ending, because I have all the achievements and made sure I fulfilled the goals for the good ending before hand.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Also on Ben King, it took me forever to get the joke behind him calling you "player".

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I presented this theory in G&T but i'll reposted for anyone here who hasnt read it.
    My silly hope is with the success of SRIV that they decide to port SR1. All this Benjamin King stuff really got me interested in the first game, but I don't feel like tracking down a 360 copy. I'd love to play it on PC.
    So i thought this would be a good post to discuss some neat "possible foreshadowing' for the sequel.

For everyone who has collected the audio files
    Julius's 3rd audio file states the following:

"I don't regret much. You make your choices you live with 'em. But if I could take anything back, it would be the way things ended up with Angela. It was all fun and games for her. She wanted to be just like Benjamin... I shouldn't have let her get in so deep."

I was confused, because i have played countless hours of every single one of the Saints Row games, so i always appreciated the over all story. I always wanted to know more about what went down in Sunnyvale between Benjamin and Julius way back when.

Did some searching and found this
    When Volition was doing breakthroughs of the SR series on twitch. Jaros said the original idea for Saints Row 2 was for us to explore King and Julius background. The game was to be set during the 70s. Saints Row 3 would have likely picked up where the original SR2 started. However when Jaros got back from his wedding he found out he was overruled by the rest of the team in terms of the direction SR2 went.

The reason included the above is mostly due to 3 factors, end game spoilers FYI
    1: During the final mission you get a screen when the simulation is shutting down. In it is Saints Row start menu with an option to "play prequel"
    2: then in the Good ending you find out that the aliens can Time Travel
    3: I haven't personally done this, but several people have mentioned that after getting the 3rd Julius audio file, if you talk to King he informs you that Angela is his sister.

Now i could be grabbing some nice world building background and a cool twist in the end of the game and going conspiracy theorist, but i think that i may be onto something.
    Its been often mention that if there is another Saints Row game it would be a reboot. Well why not pull a Star Trek (2009) and Have the Prez/Boss/Playa get trapped in the 1970's Sunnyvale. Have him encounter Young Julius, young King, and experience their split and maybe even have you take on King and Julius as you try rebuilding the Saints. And before you spout off time paradox, the Boss would be so preoccupied with rebuilding the Saints, by the time the first game ends you could get him to have though enough to plan for the eventual arrival of Zinyak

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Zinyak fucked with Biz Markie!

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    when is the first mission dlc actually supposed to release?

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    holy fuck asha stop fucking driving in circles and get to the third stop

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Collected all of the clusters today and all of the collectibles available. I'm missing 3 recordings.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    recordings how up at points in the story

do more of the main missions