As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Experiences as Enforcers?

1235»

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's in the pax prime 2012 video thread somewhere

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    gespo89 wrote: »
    Any links to this video I keep hearing about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkybLLnvSg0

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    gespo89 wrote: »
    Any links to this video I keep hearing about?

I can't figure out which reference of a video that you're referring to.. However, I'm guessing that you're talking about the PATV episode on Enforcers.

Here ya go! http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/enforcers

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • link8822link8822 Registered User new member
    Hello,

I'm new here but was told about PAX enforcers from a friend who had a blast as an enforcer. I'm a big Nintendo fan, but also perform close-up magic and think it'd be blast if I could help out at PAX East especially expressing my love of video game sthrough magic as part of the line entertainment. Is there any info about when registration/applications for PAX East enforcers will open??

Thanks a bunch,
    -Steve

edited November 2012
    link8822 wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm new here but was told about PAX enforcers from a friend who had a blast as an enforcer. I'm a big Nintendo fan, but also perform close-up magic and think it'd be blast if I could help out at PAX East especially expressing my love of video game sthrough magic as part of the line entertainment. Is there any info about when registration/applications for PAX East enforcers will open??

Thanks a bunch,
    -Steve

Your best place to keep an eye on will be Twitter. When/If new Enforcer Enrollment happens for East, it'll be announced on the official PAX Twitter Feeds, if not by us Enforcers as well. For instance, you can follow me, and I'll retweet whenever the call goes out!

Vapok on
    Vapok
  • link8822link8822 Registered User new member
    Thank you very much, Vapok! I'll be sure to keep an eye on the PAX twitter for updates about enforcer enrollment. :)

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    link8822 wrote: »
    Thank you very much, Vapok! I'll be sure to keep an eye on the PAX twitter for updates about enforcer enrollment. :)

I'm just going to add that holy crap having a close up magic guy for LE would be freakin sweeeeet.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Just a random [E] question that was asked at PAXPrime and I know they said they were looking into it : Any word on International Enforcers? Just curious is any higher up Enforcers would know about it, or who I could contact to ask.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Ever since last East, new Enforcers have to be eligible to work in the US (which basically eliminates everyone outside of the US). I would not expect this requirement to change.

In case any of our Australian friends are reading this, the previous two posts are specifically referring to USA based PAXen.

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    FYI: applications are now open for PAX East Enforcers

east.paxsite.com/enforcers

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • TwiminyTwiminy Registered User regular
    Enforcers need to fill out a W-2 form? Isn't that only necessary if you're being paid (being an Enforcer is voluntary right?) or is this a legal requirement? I don't plan on actually applying, but I'm curious at any rate. Good luck to those who do.

• MoltenSlowaMoltenSlowa Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote: »
    FYI: applications are now open for PAX East Enforcers

east.paxsite.com/enforcers

Have been watching forums and the website like a hawk for the past 3 months waiting for this to go live.

Just applied! I hope I can get the wonderful opportunity to work alongside all of you! I've wanted to become part of the Enforcer team since walking out of Prime 2012 and talking with Enforcers afterward. <3

• thebeccathebecca Registered User new member
    I just applied as well! It would be such a grand opportunity! Hope I'm lucky enough to be! Sounds like a frigging awesome time!

• TwiminyTwiminy Registered User regular
    Vapok wrote: »
    You can probably put two and two together.

Well that's nice to know. Maybe that'll stimulate more sign-ups, as small as an amount it apparently is. The fact that you're reimbursed for passes you might have purchased is already pretty nice too.

• RyakenRyaken Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I just had a couple questions about Enforcers and Enforcer applications.

1. Are Enforcer positions more first-come first-serve or is every single application reviewed up until the last day that applications are due?

2. When are e-mails sent out regarding whether someone got the job as an Enforcer?

3. Are Enforcers allowed to sell tickets that they have already purchased prior to being accepted to the Enforcer job?

Ryaken on
    1) Every single application is reviewed, as far as I know.

2) depends on which pax you're applying for.

3) There is no PA-approved method of resale. Enforcers are eligible to receive refunds for their pass if they get accepted. You could also give the pass to a friend, or something like that.

@Ryaken merged your thread into the Enforcer question thread.

1. Definitely not first-come first-serve. Applications are screened and not everyone gets in.
    2. If I had to guess, I'd say sometime this month or early February we should be seeing the "I got accepted!" posts.
    3. If you can't cancel your purchase, then you are free to sell your ticket (not on here though, unless you want to piss off @zerzhul)

• RyakenRyaken Registered User regular
    Sorry for the increased clutter and thanks for clearing everything up. You guys are all awesome. I'll be checking my email with baited breath every day for the next two months then.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Twiminy wrote: »
    Vapok wrote: »
    You can probably put two and two together.

Well that's nice to know. Maybe that'll stimulate more sign-ups, as small as an amount it apparently is. The fact that you're reimbursed for passes you might have purchased is already pretty nice too.
    I think that it is little known because being an enforcer is for people who want the challange and are commited for idealogical reasons instead of fiduciary. Adding a bit of money as a reimburstment for costs and time associated with enforcing is reasonable, but it is adviseable to remove a cost for work type mentality so that being an enforcer is treated as a hobby and enjoyable experience then as a job. I have a lot of psychology and management books that say this is a good idea.

• Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I know I wouldn't be flying in from Belgium if it was just about that. It's a nice extra, but it's not why I'm spending 12 hours in the air to get there.

Sl1pstream on
  • CraftySaraSpinCraftySaraSpin LaceyRegistered User new member
    I'm sorry if this has already been asked,but when will you know if you got picked to be an Enforcer?

I'm sorry if this has already been asked,but when will you know if you got picked to be an Enforcer?
    This is more of a general thread for enforcer questions, if you mean for PAX Prime this year, probably very soon after PAX Aus is over (I'm guessing) although it could be sooner than that. If you mean for PAX Aus this year, I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed. Either way, you may want to check the specific E thread in the forum section for the pax in question.

• CraftySaraSpinCraftySaraSpin LaceyRegistered User new member
    Thank you!

• OlerheadOlerhead Krytenton AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So, having been to my first PAX (PAX Aus) and having had such a great time I'm keen to give back to this even that I really, truly enjoyed. I already have every intention of applying to be an Enforcer for next year's PAX Aus.

However, I have a question for any enforcers out there who are Australian and have plied their outstanding trade at either Prime or East. I heard word of a number of Australians having been Enforcers in years past and I was wondering how you went about it? Did you get a work permit solely for that or were you already over there and decided to pitch in?

I'd honestly like to try and get over there to help out with East or Prime next year and I'm curious as to whether or not anybody has done a similar thing and has any advice?

Olerhead wrote: »
    So, having been to my first PAX (PAX Aus) and having had such a great time I'm keen to give back to this even that I really, truly enjoyed. I already have every intention of applying to be an Enforcer for next year's PAX Aus.

However, I have a question for any enforcers out there who are Australian and have plied their outstanding trade at either Prime or East. I heard word of a number of Australians having been Enforcers in years past and I was wondering how you went about it? Did you get a work permit solely for that or were you already over there and decided to pitch in?

I'd honestly like to try and get over there to help out with East or Prime next year and I'm curious as to whether or not anybody has done a similar thing and has any advice?
    In general the USA PAXes no longer accept new international Enforcers. There are definitely Aussie Enforcers that have worked East and Prime, but they were grandfathered in to the current system.

zerzhul wrote: »
    In general the USA PAXes no longer accept new international Enforcers. There are definitely Aussie Enforcers that have worked East and Prime, but they were grandfathered in to the current system.

That's a shame. Oh well.

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular

That's a shame. Oh well.

Just enforce at next PAX Aus. Having just got off the plane from there I can tell you it is truly a PAX in all the ways that matter. A smaller sibling currently, but it will probably grow up fast. Worst case you can always just attend Prime or East, there are certainly worst things in life :-).

P.S. Don't tell my fellow American Enforcers, but the brand new Aussie #e were the best rookie class i've seen, and as they grow in experience, it will be amazing.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
    Beker wrote: »

That's a shame. Oh well.

Just enforce at next PAX Aus. Having just got off the plane from there I can tell you it is truly a PAX in all the ways that matter. A smaller sibling currently, but it will probably grow up fast. Worst case you can always just attend Prime or East, there are certainly worst things in life :-).

P.S. Don't tell my fellow American Enforcers, but the brand new Aussie #e were the best rookie class i've seen, and as they grow in experience, it will be amazing.

I've got every intention of applying next year.

Hopefully I'll be able to scrape together the cash to visit Prime and East at some point in the future.

• LigerLiger Registered User regular
    Good luck to all of this year's Prime applicants! I look forward to seeing you in the blazing blue. :)

I've been enforcing since 2007, and it has very literally changed my life in so many positive ways. I know that not everyone has the same experience, but it will be amazing if you make it so.

5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • masha01masha01 Registered User new member
    edited August 2013
    [removed]

masha01 on
    edited August 2013

Man, here I thought you were alright. You know, I heard Jaber say something about you....

*snicker*

#insidEjokes

Vapok on
    Vapok
  • DragonBearDragonBear Registered User regular

Aww, we loved working with you too :-) It helped that our teachers were so AWESOME!!

• bloatedhippobloatedhippo Registered User regular
    The best time of my life at PAX and Enforcing :)