As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (PS3)] Evacuate the dance floor!

2»

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I was this close to passing Remote Controller on Extreme, first try. Apparently the final boss song(Sadistic Music Factory) is the toughest one on Extreme. I'm scared to look.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    bss wrote: »
    I bit the bullet and bought this last night, to kick off the rust I'm flying through on Easy. Had forgotten how awesome World's End Dance Hall. Has anyone gotten to Extreme yet? On Vita there were a handful of songs I could scrape my way through, I'm hoping to best that before too long.

im playing through hard now and generally making it through songs on the first go, even if its not with a great score. the couple tracks ive tried on extreme just stomped me into the ground.

That sounds like my Vita experience. :D I'm looking forward to hitting that wall again.
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I was this close to passing Remote Controller on Extreme, first try. Apparently the final boss song(Sadistic Music Factory) is the toughest one on Extreme. I'm scared to look.

You definitely need to prepare yourself.

I just got out my Vita to look at it again. You've seen Hard, right? Well, a lot of the sections have twice as many notes (think sixteenths where there used to be eighths), and some of them love doing the thing where different buttons come in from different sides of the screen in a particular pattern, so you have to be on point with those and if you ever lose your position, god help you because there's no making sense of the barrage of flying symbols. I've done alright if I briefly see the second technical zone.

Oh, and some of the sections that weren't messed with only merely had the one button notes made into button + direction notes. This almost seems forgiving. The only real solace is there's a lot of star notes to recuperate, and at least you can see what's going on better than you can in, say, Hachi Flowery Battle.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Oh, and get good at using the directional pad as a "normal" button because there's a couple sections that splice so many buttons in that you probably don't have time to switch between the actual buttons on one thumb. I'm starting to like that arcade stick idea.

I just tried it again and got 2.2 before being kicked out. This game.

Edit: come to think of it, this would be impossible on a traditional stick. A hitbox maybe.

bss on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    16th notes seem impossible to hit on one button. I could see it as fine if you're hitting alternating buttons, but mashing 16ths on one note is nasty.

I can do them just fine on DJ MAX and Pump It Up(on foot no less), but they use alternating notes.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Yeah, sometimes I can mash it out, but alternating between the button and d-pad is a fair amount easier if you hit the rhythm right at the start.

Also, I need to play more DJMAX, I liked the songs I tried.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    god sega needs to get someone who knows how to do UIs to redo this menu system. the diva room stuff is so god damn tedious.

also, i passed a song on extreme! granted, it was the piss easy christmas song (stay with me, i think?) but im still pretty stoked about it.

also also, im surprised the trophy list for this game isnt more of a ballbuster. i figured they would have thrown in a trophy for getting all the titles, and beating all the songs on extreme or something.

edit: oh man, i was this close to beating Monochrome Blue Sky on extreme with the stealthy target challenge item. i missed passing by .5 grade point. good times.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    im posting again to say that negaposi continues hurts my brain. its the only song ive failed on hard, but ive failed it like 4 times in a row now.

• Options
    It's definitely one of the trickier songs, though I can't put my finger on why. I think it's the barrage of notes with button patterns that look comfortable but trick you into thinking the pattern is something it isn't. I remember thinking it's one of those songs that you have to be good at read-ahead.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    got a perfect on Monochrome Blue Sky on hard. with mega survival on that nets you 99,000 dp, which is pretty nice when youre trying to buy out the store for these trophies.

edit: jesus i guess you need 3-4 million DP to buy everything. sigh, time to grind.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    got the plat, it ended up taking just shy of 4million DP. pretty great game though.