As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Buying shochu

LBLB Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Does anyone know if it is possible to buy shochu in the US? I'm talking about walking into a store, finding the bottle, and walking out with it in your possession, not going to an online site and ordering it. If it is possible, does anyone know how I could locate a store that sells it? If it helps, I'm in the D.C. area but I also go to NYC and New Orleans fairly often.

LB on

• Options
    ReitenReiten Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Go to Asian markets/grocery stores. If you're in DC, there's got to be some. Might even be a Japanese specific one.

Reiten on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I think I recall seeing bottles of Green Lizard and Jinro in the states before. I'd say your best bet would be an asian market, or any liquor store that boasts a good international selection.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Tw4winTw4win Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If you're in DC you might want to check out Cafe Japone on P Street, near Dupont Circle. I think they have it on their menu and they might be able to tell you where to find it locally.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    wasted pixelswasted pixels Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Any larger liquor store should have a couple of bottles to choose from. Five minutes of calling around to the "bold-faced" stores listed in your Yellow Pages should do the job.

wasted pixels on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    We have it here in Winnipeg, MB. We do get a lot of Asian immigration here, but we also have province controlled liquor stores with the limited selection and high prices that come with that set-up, so it really can't be that hard to come by. I agree with the idea of calling all of the bolded liquor stores in the yellow pages, a few should have some selection.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH