As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Choose Your Own Adventure - Vampire: The Masquerade: Nightlife

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    "I'm here for work - so keep your eyes peeled and let me know what you think of this place!"
    We can still buy a few couple handful shit-load of rounds for our buddies, but recruiting more eyes and more opinions will make us look better to the bosses. Like we've already got underlings working for us.

Vampires like that kind of thing, don't they?

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • OverstrikeOverstrike Registered User regular
    "I'm here for work - so keep your eyes peeled and let me know what you think of this place!"
    But I would still say drinks are on me. I mean how can we know what this place is like if nobody is drinkin.

3DS: 4699-6738-3557
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    You brag that drinks are on you and it's time to get drunk

The club is most certainly hopping. The music is loud, the dance floor is packed - maybe even too packed and the bar is crowded. You head up to get a round of drinks.

JY6GkNn.png

You come back to find your female friends absolutely transfixed on a cage attached to the ceiling. A naked woman is dancing inside it.

rFI3y6O.png

They seem uneasy at first, but a drink settles their nerves. Soon everyone is having a good time.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    WJVSWUU.png

The bartender is a nice guy.

You guys.

He is a really, really nice guy.

You drink more. Your friends drink more. This club is pretty great.

AOaptp5.png

Ugh.

Your head is pounding.

RHyPsWs.png

You open your eyes. Everything feels heavy and blurry.

LJ1M17h.png

"Good morning - well, heh, 'morning' has a different term now." The barkeep of Warehouse 12 is giving you a toothy grin. Too toothy. What is wrong with his mouth? "We didn't expect the Camarilla to start sending humans to spy on us."

What do you say?
    1) "Who are you?"
    2) "Where am I?"
    3) "Camarilla? What?"
    4) Try to deck him and run

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Try to deck him and run

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    USE 'GUN'

SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT

BOOM BOOM!

WHERE IS COMBAT OPTION!?!?!?

With Love and Courage
    Camarilla? What?

With Love and Courage
  • Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    Who are you?

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    "Camarilla? What?"

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    USE CRUCIFIX ON TOOTHY BARMAN

you do have a Crucifix, right?

Real answer: "Camarilla? What?"

21stCentury on
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    try to deck him

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
    USE CRUCIFIX ON TOOTHY BARMAN

you do have a Crucifix, right?

Real answer: "Camarilla? What?"

This is WoD, man. Crucifixes don't do shit.

We need to find ourselves a chainsaw and/or UV bullet machine gun.

With Love and Courage
    Also, 'decking him' brings up an image in my head of grabbing wires hanging out of his skull and forcibly plugging him into a computer terminal.

With Love and Courage
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    "Camarilla? What?"

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    "Who are you?"

Then throw up on him

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    "Who are you?"

Then throw up on him

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    "Who are you?"

Then throw up on him

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Also, 'decking him' brings up an image in my head of grabbing wires hanging out of his skull and forcibly plugging him into a computer terminal.
    I was thinking we'd tap all our millstones. He'll be decked out eventually.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    He needs to be an Anarch and a Ravnos instead of (probably) Sabbat.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Since they're running a nightclub instead of indiscriminately murdering everyone like rabid retards I was sort of guessing Anarch over Sabbat. I guess the toothy grin could be considered a breach of the masquerade though?

But also I think the Camarilla would probably handle an actual Sabbat incursion more directly and heavily than by sending clueless human spies. I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Camarilla? What?

• zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    "Who are you?"

Then throw up on him

We actually had a tie!

"Who are you? What's the Camarilla?" You ask. Suddenly, the stress of the situation combined with all of the alcohol you've had to drink comes back to haunt you. You projectile vomit over the barman. He jumps back, disgusted.

"You stupid bitch!" He shouts. He leaves, and you fade back into darkness.

AOaptp5.png

You wake back up and he's in another shirt.

"Let me explain the scenario to you." he growls. "You have no idea the world of shit you're in, kid. This club has been under Anarch rule, but the Sabbat made us an offer that we can't refuse. In order to get our new, cushy positions... heh, well, we've created a new crop of shovelheads for the boss. We're going to aim you right back at the Camarilla."

You try to struggle and you realize that your hands are tied behind your back.

What do you say?
    1) Where are my friends?!
    2) I don't know what you mean - I'm innocent!
    3) FUCK YOU.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    FUCK YOU.

Even though we love them we haven't been in close contact with our friends in the recent past

so 3) FUCK YOU!

(also why is a anarch just blabbing this info to a mortal.(oh wait he is going to suck us)(gigitty))

Blood and Fire
    Where are my friends?!

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Where are my friends?!

Fuck you

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Fuck you
    And then vomit on him again, if at all possible.

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Fuck you

• TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    1) Where are my friends?!

Next update is incoming, Imgur is giving me attitude.

srS2mte.png

"Where are my friends?!" you demand. "If you've hurt them..."

Before you can finish your impotent threat, the door slams open.

E14N0aA.png

For a second, you feel a flood of relief. Then you see the fire gushing forth from the homemade flamethrower. Your body bucks and rocks in panic, trying to run, but you're tied too firmly to move.

Panic consumes you. Your body can't run, so it does the next best thing - it shuts down.

nQzDQgZ.png

wvZQWJ9.png

AOaptp5.png

END OF PART ONE

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Where are my friends?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    I need some time to prepare for act two, so this is a great time to leave feedback/questions/etc.

The pictures are a nice touch DPA

Blood and Fire
    edited September 2013
    The art us really great. My only complaint is that some of the choices feel inconsequential.

Boozer on
    Having fun so far!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    I'm really liking the art. I do wonder about how much impact our choices are making but at the same time I feel like things are going to be more impactful soon so I doubt that'll be an issue.