As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Servers Up!, and surprisingly stable! 7 free days starting 9/4/13

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Hmm, only Level 6 but I can't say that I'm all that thrilled by the Thaumaturge. I'm weaker than a stack of wet leaves but the traditional MMO tradeoff is that I should be hitting like a sledgehammer, which I'm not. I'm guessing that there's a spell combo I haven't stumbled onto yet ?

As your spellpower improves you will feel much stronger. I've got 3 good friends all playing THM and they love it. Also, that specific class is the king of AoE. Once you get AoE Blizzard, the game will change significantly for you, in a good way.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I like to imagine that the "guy" that picked up the last copy at every single nearby gamestop this morning is really just one person collecting them all across the country.

• Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Shimazu wrote: »
    Amdapor speed running is getting ridiculous now. Clear times are now as fast as 13 minutes. we pull the first boss the moment the tank dies, before the healer even resses him. We kill the second boss just as the adds spawn, after the second repel. We kill the last boss seconds after the second cataclysm.

Wiped for a few hours on Titan. A healer with lag issues was the primary issue, but our DPS was also hard pressed for the heart phase because we are letting a warrior come as DPS. It is going to take some pretty serious brute force attempts.

Spamming speed runs countless times in the first week the game is out does not seem like a good time.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Rizzi wrote: »
    I do not like tanking as a marauder.
    I've got like, two threat abilities so far, and they both cost way too much TP.
    Also, I've done the first two dungeons and gotten no loot. That's fun.

First dungeon I did I got no loot, second dungeon I got every piece. RNG man. My suggestion is to play them each 40 times, probably the loot distribution will even out

Every single piece of loot I've seen has been for casters. Every single one. :(

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited September 2013

First dungeon I did I got no loot, second dungeon I got every piece. RNG man. My suggestion is to play them each 40 times, probably the loot distribution will even out

I've had some ridiculous luck on dungeon runs and some rather terrible luck.

My favorite so far was one run when I got a green chest piece, boots, and a shield. Only to be replaced in the second half of the dungeon with a pink chest piece, boots, and a shield. My party members were not as amused as I was. :P

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    How do I unlock the final tier of GC hunt log? I'm a Chief Flame Sergeant with Immortal Flames, and I'm not sure what I need to do to rank up again or unlock the final hunt log. The personnel guy tells me I need to prove myself to the commander, but the commander doesn't have a quest for me.

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    How do I unlock the final tier of GC hunt log? I'm a Chief Flame Sergeant with Immortal Flames, and I'm not sure what I need to do to rank up again or unlock the final hunt log. The personnel guy tells me I need to prove myself to the commander, but the commander doesn't have a quest for me.

finish the main story

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »

My favorite so far was one run when I got a green chest piece, boots, and a shield. Only to be replaced in the second half of the dungeon with a pink chest piece, boots, and a shield. My party members were not as amused as I was. :P

But greens are higher and better than pinks..

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    CorriganX wrote: »

Huh, well how about that. Makes little sense to me since greens drop constantly and pinks are rarer (at least in my experience) and untradeable.

Very weird.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    So I finally got into Sarg. How do I join the PA stuff?

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2013

Huh, well how about that. Makes little sense to me since greens drop constantly and pinks are rarer (at least in my experience) and untradeable.

Very weird.

In my experience greens are rarer, but both pinks and greens are untradeable.

Greens are better but their stats are fixed, pinks are more generic but they have random stats

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Greens are dungeon sets, pinks are like diablo loot. Pinks are like a crafted item with enhanced stats.

• Options
    edited September 2013

Very weird.

Greens are better but their stats are fixed, pinks are more generic but they have random stats

Greens are totally not untradeable as the AH (and the full set of Plundered caster gear my CNJ is currently wearing) will show. :P

But for me, which I guess I've been lucky? I always see green drops, very rarely do I see pinks.

Axen on
  • Options

Very weird.

Greens are totally not untradeable as the AH (and the full set of Plundered caster gear my CNJ is currently wearing) will show. :P

But for me, which I guess I've been lucky? I always see green drops, very rarely do I see pinks.

Are they crafted greens? The greens you get in the dungeon are untradeable

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Very weird.

Can you craft the Plundered set you get from Sastasha?

Cause if so then yes I guess.

edit- Looking over the FFXIVDB the only greens I really see that are untradeable are either level 50 or come from Grand Companies.

Axen on
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2013

Savage blow or whatever it is (the combo skill from heavy swing that isn't maim) increases aggro. You use tomahawk to pull, overpower 3/4 times on the group, then put maim up and rotate through heavy swing-savage blow/fracture/overpower as you need. Its also worth leveling up gladiator for a bit since you need it for Warrior and you get flash, an MP based skill that increases threat for all enemies around you (it also works wonders in fates for tapping enemies, that way you get credit when they're killed even if they you do nothing else to them).

That said, I'm nearing lvl 30 and I'm having problems with Lancers pulling aggro from me. One of the last duty missions I tried there was a lancer who pulled aggro from me even while I was spamming overpower, flash, and savage blow. Don't really know whats going on there, I might just need to level up a bit.

gunwarrior on
  • Options

Very weird.

Can you craft the Plundered set you get from Sastasha?

Cause if so then yes I guess.

Oh if it's from the first dungeon I could see that being tradeable since it's the first time you really encounter the rolling mechanics. But yeah beyond that they are definitely untradeable

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    I'm 49 now. Time to start thinking about gearing up and end-game stuff.

I know the Behemoth FATE/raid is on a pretty long timer, like a couple days. Are there any pre-reqs to doing it? Do you HAVE to be 50 to participate?

What do I get from it? I know everyone wants to do it, but what is the reward?

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Weird, just got booted from fishing in Gridania with a 90000, but logged right back in without a problem.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I've been obsessing over trying to customize the HUD to my liking. After nearly an hour of shuffling around, this is my current layout:

78OKoZQ.jpg

I'm not 100% satisfied with it. The biggest hurdle is finding a place to put the Companion bar somewhere that doesn't feel like clutter. It would be great if the bar would disappear and reappear in accordance to when you have your Chocobo out.

In any case, I could use some ideas, so I'd like to see other people's HUD layouts.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited September 2013

Running all three of the early dungeons a few times I got: A belt. RNG is a bitch sometimes.

But then I spent six months running Lost Vale in WAR every time our lockout was up and I managed to get maybe four drops so I think the RNG Gods might just have a thing against me personally :P

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Hmm, only Level 6 but I can't say that I'm all that thrilled by the Thaumaturge. I'm weaker than a stack of wet leaves but the traditional MMO tradeoff is that I should be hitting like a sledgehammer, which I'm not. I'm guessing that there's a spell combo I haven't stumbled onto yet ?

Make certain that you alternate between blizzard (for mp gen) when low on mp and fire when you have a lot of mp. They give you a 10 second boost at the top of the screen above your health bar

PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular

Heavy Swing->Maim to keep up your 20% dmg done buff and
    Heavy Swing->Skull Sunder is all you need to hold agro really.

Later you get more tools but for the first couple dungeons that's it. You can keep up fracture for the DoT too. Also pull with tomahawk as it's also increased enmity.

Marauder/Warrior holds agro not just from increased enmity skills but also the fact that you just deal a lot of personal damage.

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Targeting minions: how do I do it? I've tried toggling multiple filtering options, and I set my normal filter(I have friends/enemies etc) to All, and I still can't. It'd be nice to heal carbuncles.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    I've been obsessing over trying to customize the HUD to my liking. After nearly an hour of shuffling around, this is my current layout:

I'm not 100% satisfied with it. The biggest hurdle is finding a place to put the Companion bar somewhere that doesn't feel like clutter. It would be great if the bar would disappear and reappear in accordance to when you have your Chocobo out.

In any case, I could use some ideas, so I'd like to see other people's HUD layouts.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Wait a minute.

You can sit on the comfy bed?

blondeshep.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Septus wrote: »
    Targeting minions: how do I do it? I've tried toggling multiple filtering options, and I set my normal filter(I have friends/enemies etc) to All, and I still can't. It'd be nice to heal carbuncles.

Doesn't it count as a party member?

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Unlocked Paladin! Think I'm gonna leave it til tomorrow though to carry on with the story.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular

I had hoped, but it doesn't seem to.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

It isn't a party member, or it'd interfere with grouping. It does appear there though.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    How come none of my shields ever bind? (Paladin).

Every shield I have used still says "binding" and is at like 99%. My current shield has been in use for like 5 levels now, and it still isn't fully bound, but items I have gained afterwards already are.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I really didn't realize how many cut scenes there are in the beginning part of the game until I started skipping all the ones I've already watched on a new character. Which I think is to their credit.

Also I finally have a character on Sargatanas now =D

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yay, 50! Now to finish the story

• Options
    RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    Geez, all these gilsellers are fucking ridiculous.

blondeshep.jpg
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Archery level 25 quest.

MMOs aren't supposed to make me feel, damnit. This is all wrong.

• Options
    Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    Folks, is there anyway to reset leve rewards short of finishing another leve? I really would like to keep up a string of diremite web rewards with cotton sash's.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I've enjoyed this so far but the map's kind of unwieldy.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »
    Archery level 25 quest.

MMOs aren't supposed to make me feel, damnit. This is all wrong.
    You should have played SWTOR, the single player story is really really good in that.

That said, the Pugilist quests to 30 are a really, really good arc and the Monk 50 is a great "no, you sit the fuck down" fight.

Made it through Castrum Meridianum which is far longer than it needed to be and made me sad at the end.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    First genuine hacker/exploiter seen today. Idiot was teleporting directly onto the tops of mining nodes. You know, on top of unclimbable walls. Reported, and suggested through a shout that everyone should do the same and all I got was a "lulwhat?" Humans.

• Options
    F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    46 Warrior now. The story has gotten crazy.

nTbOdbM.png

Got most of my blue/job gear stuff. Can't wait for the chest piece.

F87 on
  • Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular

It is set to default as F9? One of the F keys for sure, but I don't remember which. You can totally rebind that crap.

This discussion has been closed.