As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2014 Information & FAQ. READ THIS FIRST THEN ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    there will be a hotel share thread once the hotels go live.

• Options
    GreenizdabestGreenizdabest Southeast CT - USARegistered User regular
    Just a possible ticket-related thing. NYCC is using RFID chips inside the cards that have to be registered online prior to the show. It's to basically kill scalping, but I believe Disney utilizes the technology for a seamless, personalized experience (linking credit cards, employee to name recognition, etc). Since NYCC is put on by ReedPop, who also do Pax, I'm curious to see if they use this tech for Pax East.

• Options
    ShrefShref Registered User regular
    was 10 the max number of passes you could get last year? possibly have a large group i'm getting to go, so i wanna make sure we have everything figured out before they go on sale.

• Options
    PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    Has anyone successfully registered on a mobile phone? In particular a windows 7 phone?

• Options
    Shref wrote: »
    was 10 the max number of passes you could get last year? possibly have a large group i'm getting to go, so i wanna make sure we have everything figured out before they go on sale.
    It will be way less than 10. Probably 2-4 (guess).

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    that stinks, but it will probably be for the best so less ebayers get their dirty fingers on em...

• Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    PurpleSky wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully registered on a mobile phone? In particular a windows 7 phone?
    I had no luck buying passes 2 years ago with my Droid and had to wait until I got back to a computer. Last year I was fortunate enough to have access to a computer and didn't try on my phone. I am nervous with the new queue system if it would work from a phone at all :(

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Always prefer hard lines for this stuff

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    the_fuzzy_penguinthe_fuzzy_penguin OhioRegistered User regular
    I was able to purchase 4 passes for my group on a single order last year. In 2011 when I went I believe 4 was the maximum as well as we had to have two of us buy the tickets to get them for our group of 7.

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    do we have any idea if they will do the same queue system as they did for Prime versus how last PAX tickets went down? I definitely won't be able to queue :(

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    I was able to purchase 4 passes for my group on a single order last year. In 2011 when I went I believe 4 was the maximum as well as we had to have two of us buy the tickets to get them for our group of 7.

4 would probably make the most sense, either way we'll figure something out =P

• Options
    enigma7337enigma7337 Registered User new member
    What do I need to do to apply for a Press Pass?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    The requirements from East are still up:
    Are you part of a commercial media organization? Qualified journalists and photographers may submit a registration request to receive a free media badge for PAX East 2013!
    Working journalists who wish to register for a media badge must first submit a media registration request. Requests must include:

Step One

Please submit your request through our Media Registration Form.

Media Registration Form

Step Two

Submit the following materials via email:
    A photo of your Business License for Media Outlet
    Letter on Company Letterhead from Editor
    A photo of your business card
    Photos or links of two (2) articles written by you in the past 3 months on the subject of gaming
    Photo of a drivers license or other government id

If you have any other questions, please feel free to email us at pax_media@paxsite.com.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    ishtra wrote: »
    do we have any idea if they will do the same queue system as they did for Prime versus how last PAX tickets went down? I definitely won't be able to queue :(

PAX East sells out in days, not hours. So you likely won't have a problem. :)

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    This could be the year it sells out in hours. Must continue the asymptotic curve to SDCC/Blizzcon 1-minute sellout levels.

• Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    idk last year sold out in 1 day well at least the 3 day passes so I would not be shocked if this year they did as well

• Options
    sacratoysacratoy Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    ishtra wrote: »
    This could be the year it sells out in hours. Must continue the asymptotic curve to SDCC/Blizzcon 1-minute sellout levels.

Single day passes took a couple days (2 or 3 days? I can't quite remember) to sell out last year. I don't think buying passes for East is quite as much a gamble has trying to get Prime passes is. I had no problem getting my 3 day pass a few hours after they went live last year.

PAX Prime 2014: Pass [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Vacation Days [x]

PAX Prime 2014 Preparations Complete
  • Options
    Single day passes took months and months to sell out last year. Sunday passes were still available a month before the show.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    3-day passes sell out in less than a day. Saturday passes sell out in about 4 days. Friday passes took a couple of weeks (I think), but Sunday passes took months to sell out.

I'm going off my memory, but I believe that is correct. That being said, you don't need to be up at the crack of dawn to get your 3-day tickets, but you should definitely have a buddy system with some friends who can cover you (or you cover them) if you (or they) don't have money the day the tickets go on sale. If you think 3-day passes will be available a week later, you're going to be let down.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    There's actually a spreadsheet that lists all the sellout times since pax started selling out. It's in the general section somewhere.

• Options
    sacratoysacratoy Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    There's actually a spreadsheet that lists all the sellout times since pax started selling out. It's in the general section somewhere.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/175887/google-spreadsheet-showing-the-dates-pax-has-sold-out-in-the-past Here is that thread with the link to the spreadsheet.

PAX Prime 2014: Pass [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Vacation Days [x]

PAX Prime 2014 Preparations Complete
  • Options
    MalfeisMalfeis Protagonist. 2d10 hit die. Chaotic Neutral. Registered User regular
    And the trends on those sheets show that the window to get all-weekend access (not just a single day) is shrinking each year. Prime 2013 wasn't an anomaly, it was a sign of things to come.

Be prepared, friends, PAX is coming.

PAX East 2015 checklist: 3 Day Pass [X] Accommodations [X] Travel [ ] Time Off [X] BYOC [X]
  • Options
    RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    For East tickets might be available longer but hotels sell out very quickly. If you want to stay at the Westin or other popular hotels you will need to be alert.

Rhiley on
    2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options
    CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    East IIRC also has greater capacity, which helps avoid some of Primes issue. This isn't to say that the window won't continue to get smaller as PAX continues to grow, but having about a day should be enough for everyone thats committed to going ahead of time.

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • Options
    TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    When does the call for enforcers get posted? My family is interested in enforcing for 2014.

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • Options
    There's no set time for it. Keep an eye on the pax website.

• Options
    letsgamelawlzletsgamelawlz If you want to know me, CHEESE Aperture scienceRegistered User regular
    I am having a group go for 2 days. 3 people.. Thats over the limit. If we were to use diff credit cards, would it work? (hypothetically :P)

it seems everybody is doing this so....PAX EAST 2014: Badges[X] Travel[X] FRANNDS [X] My video game spirit [X] Party supplies[]
  • Options
    3 people would not be over the limit that prime had. Prime essentially allowed you to buy 4 people's worth of badges, regardless of multi day or single day.

• Options
    letsgamelawlzletsgamelawlz If you want to know me, CHEESE Aperture scienceRegistered User regular
    3 people would not be over the limit that prime had. Prime essentially allowed you to buy 4 people's worth of badges, regardless of multi day or single day.
    yes, well, 4 passes is limit. And 2 days for each would be 6..(if im wrong tell me. I suck at math :P)

it seems everybody is doing this so....PAX EAST 2014: Badges[X] Travel[X] FRANNDS [X] My video game spirit [X] Party supplies[]
  • Options
    4 weekends worth of passes. So 4 3-days, or 4 sets of single days.

• Options
    4 weekends worth of passes. So 4 3-days, or 4 sets of single days.
    U r right. Srry for wasting ur time.

• Options
    No worries, it's not the clearest thing.

• Options
    AnnaLannAnnaLann Registered User new member
    I live in Canada, I'm not quite sure how the mailing system works and don't know if I'll be able to get my PAX ticket mailed to me in time/ getting lost etc. So do you think I'll have any issues or is it possible for me to send my ticket to a friend who lives in the states who will be going with me just to be safe?

• Options
    Anna, I am in Canada as well and am equally interested in how the mailout for passes works. I think you could also choose to do it on a "will call" basis and pick your passes up at the door. As for shipping your passes to a designated address I will defer to those with more experience but I would think they will send the passes to wherever you specify as the shipping address.

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    I'm in Canada (London, Ontario) and last year I paid the $15 for them to ship the passes. They arrived in plenty of time. They come by FedEx or another courier so it takes a few days.

• Options
    If I had the option, I would always do will-call, just to be sure. By default, anyone not in the USA is set up for will-call. You can pay extra though, as was mentioned, to have them fedexed to you.

• Options
    dell44223dell44223 Registered User regular
    Just worried I won't get a Three Day :(

• Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    have a lot of people had issues not getting there passes and stuff like that before zerzhul.

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    I'm in Canada (London, Ontario) and last year I paid the $15 for them to ship the passes. They arrived in plenty of time. They come by FedEx or another courier so it takes a few days.

As a canadian, I cannot recommend enough to go the will-call route. You don't have to worry at all about your passes arriving on time and you don't have to pay extra to get them shipped.

Seriously, don't pay for the fedex shipping.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    With the will call route is there a way to confirm that the passes will be there when we check in - so we do not travel a couple thousand miles only to find our reservation has been somehow misplaced and we are not denied entry? I say this because on a recent trip to California the hotel "misplaced" my brother's reservation and while they accommodated them (luckily there was availability) I am not sure how it would work on the ticket side.