As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Servers Up!, and surprisingly stable! 7 free days starting 9/4/13

1939495969799»

• Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    So finally (probably behind on the times) figured out what the deal is with (Max: #) on food buffs.

Food will give you a % buff on a certain stat and then there will be a Max: # in brackets next to it. That signifies the cap on how much the food buffs a stat. So if you have food that gives +5% to vitality but the max value is only 3, then you'll only ever get a +3 to vitality from the buff.

• Options
    rpshoggothrpshoggoth Registered User regular
    You can reset skills, so I wouldn't panic over it too much. 10k GC seals is expensive, but if you hammer fates pretty hard, which personally I find to be a great way to level, and one of the primary ways to level if you're on your second adventuring class, you'll have faaaaar more than that.

I think I earned about 35k just leveling my first adventuring class and I'm still 48.

• Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    A Scholar would be fine, keep in mind you have two single target heals going out all the time. (you and your pet)

I've started playing around with Scholar healing more recently, and man is it crazy good. Did the entirety of Toto-Rak last night with my pet healing and me DPSing, I may have cast 1-2 direct heals the entire run. Being able to command my pet to heal from out of LoS is pretty silly. Pet micro-management might eventually become a PITA, and the AI is awful if you let it autocast, but so far it's pretty fun if you control it.

Oh, but it's bullshit you don't get a cleanse until 40.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    So there's already an event going on? Neato.

Can anyone confirm that the ash item that the Bomb fate near Costa del Sol was dropping is the currency for the event? If so, woo-hoo for being a packrat.

Saw this last night right before I was going to bed, thought I might have stayed up a bit too late because suddenly Limsa Lominsa was filled with Bomb Balloons and scantily clad women :(

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    DiamondGFXDiamondGFX Registered User regular
    Is it just me or does the enemy ground targeting area reticules seem to be difficult to escape sometimes? There have been multiple times where I swore I got out of the AoE and still got hit with whatever the attack was (for example, running out after the red indicator but before the cast animation finished and you get the debuff or attack something like 10 yards away from the mob).

ain't got one
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Old thread is old, let's have a new one to commemorate our first In Game Event!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/182785/ffxiv-arr-bomb-sightings-in-eorzea?new=1

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    DiamondGFX wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the enemy ground targeting area reticules seem to be difficult to escape sometimes? There have been multiple times where I swore I got out of the AoE and still got hit with whatever the attack was (for example, running out after the red indicator but before the cast animation finished and you get the debuff or attack something like 10 yards away from the mob).

I think it has to do with latency tbh. Some days I can just sidestep and inch out and not get hit, sometimes I'm halfway across a room and still get hit.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    MenasorMenasor Registered User regular
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    DiamondGFX wrote: »

I think it has to do with latency tbh. Some days I can just sidestep and inch out and not get hit, sometimes I'm halfway across a room and still get hit.

Though that has serious ramifications when the AoE in question is an instant kill. Its one thing to take a hit or get a debuff, another thing to be knocked out and can't even be combat Raised.

Destiny PS4: Earthen1
  • Options
    F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    50!

o8PFHbW.png

I love this warrior gear! :)

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Don't be silly, of course top guilds are going to exploit as much as possible.

I look forward to being told I'm a stupid scrub for not spending $300 on RMT gil to afford the 11 million gil rare gear upgrades I need to be considered an acceptable exploity nin/war "tank" for random pick up groups.

Oh wait, nah, fuck these guys. What's the name of that fate everyone's exploiting -- I'm going to make it my life's mission to ruin it for everyone on my server.

KiTA on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    What killed XI for me first time was 20 hours total of lfg in the dunes resulting in a single group total.

What killed it for me second time when a friend convinced me to try it again was the auction house. I looked at the prices, laughed and uninstalled the game.

Don't get me wrong, there are valid concerns to be had about gil availability in FFXIV but I kinda also like the idea that gil is something that actually has value.

This discussion has been closed.