As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Work appropriate [chat]

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    jesus christ is my niece really twenty two years old

fuck's sake just shut it all down

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    But they were so cute!

m-tomte-thug.jpg

Lol "Nisse's lair"!

This was fucking hilarious as a Swede. Tomtar are mythical dudes, tiny ones, that skulk around your farm and help out with various tasks while you're asleep. In gratitude you leave porrige outside the door at night to thank them.

Seeing them as enemies in a dungeon was very slapstick for me.

PSN: Honkalot
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Bowen

I mock people for much less

compel me in 3 sentences or less not to make your new thing ITT Tech guy.

I've talked about it ad nauseum in [chat].

I'm surprised it's taken you this long.

You should make fun of yourself.

Protip
    When a guy who has a picture of Tom Hiddleston in full Loki regalia on his wall with pink hearts around it and fancies himself a trickster demigod, perhaps it's best not to mock him.

But you went to ITT Tech, I can't expect you to have the whiz bang education of a Full Sail Graduate.

That's way too many words for me to read.

...because you went to ITT Tech

Well at least I don't watch MLP.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Guys.

Stop with DAoC or I'll want to play it again.

Guyyyss.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Guys.

Stop with DAoC or I'll want to play it again.

Guyyyss.

I did a free trial recently.

A lot easier to level a bit now. Which is good.

Though the early battlegrounds just had people farming. I was the only nerd trying to kill people and failing at it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Bowen

Protip
    When a guy who has a picture of Tom Hiddleston in full Loki regalia on his wall with pink hearts around it and fancies himself a trickster demigod, perhaps it's best not to mock him.

But you went to ITT Tech, I can't expect you to have the whiz bang education of a Full Sail Graduate.

Neither do I, and if you had reading comprehension granted by an education with transferable credits, you'd know that.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    My checking account balance is less than my upcoming (2003) car payment. AM NOT FIVE FIGURE BALLIN

Wait how are you still paying off a 2003 car?

I'm on the last year of a 2008 car that was a year old when I got it.

bought car used.
    took out 60 month loan?

had $5000 miles on it, was $3000 less than blue book.

If I sold it right now I could make a profit of almost $8,000 back to the dealer. It was a really good buy. That's after I pay off the rest of my loan.

3,000 less than KBB... and 5 years later you can trade it back to the dealer for 5,000 above the old KBB BUY cost?

What am I missing here?

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Holy shitfuck...

only 9 months before i'm done with school...

That is, if i don't decide to get right back in it in computer science...

Nah, i'm gonna need to get a jerb at some point.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    WTF?

I mean I think everyone agrees that internet ads are dumb but
    IkyA4gj.png

what the hell does

*Important Info

mean?

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited September 2013
    TehSloth wrote: »
    WTF?

IkyA4gj.png

what the hell does

*Important Info

mean?

there's going to be a quiz later and they're teaching to the test

override367 on
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    i feel weird around kids tbh

i dont know how to interact with them and i feel like squishing my face up and acting excited about whatever they are excited about is weird and inappropriate

god damn you chris hansen

imagine they are an adult who really likes pokemon

then talk to them

This is exactly right. Kids will humor an adult who does a fake put-on with them and makes faces and censors themselves and feigns interest in the things they say. By man, if you talk with them earnestly, speak to them like a peer, listen to what they have to say, demonstrate actual knowledge of the things they like, and show emotions other than saccharine condescension, they will love you so hard and cling to your leg and try to make sure you cannot leave.

I was at my niece's 7 year old's birthday party the other day (oh dear god I'm old now kill me) playing minecraft on my ipad which somehow elicited the herd of children to cluster around me and begin an indepth discussion about minecraft and surprisingly one of the third graders there proudly championed the "PC MASTER RACE" platform it was so adorable

A coworker's 8 year old daughter was playing minecraft in his office and I told her the crafting recipe for a jukebox, told her to put in a record and she looked at me like I was a wizard.

These kids with older parents don't know that they narrowly missed having members of the coolest generation raise them! That's right, 9 year old! We can internet and text! We're hip, we share twerk gifs.

So I forwarded the What The Fox Say video to my kids when it appeared in [chat] last week.

Today my son came home and told me that people at his school were singing it, and how the hell do I see this stuff before he does. This also happened with Gangnam Style...

my point is, thank you [chat] you are making me look like an internet wizard.

• MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    The lowish level bg's are mostly people leveling, the 20-24 bg (Thidraki) is usually heavy pvp with people having alts geared up just for that bg, the next one is 35-39 i think molvik and then cathal valley at 45-49. The other bg's you get some pvp but its mainly leveling.

Please stop making me post about this there is a new wow patch and final fantasy and oh god did you say the free trial is back?

camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    JK, the real dogwhistle for Redditors is misogyny

DaemonSadi wrote: »
    My checking account balance is less than my upcoming (2003) car payment. AM NOT FIVE FIGURE BALLIN

bought car used.
    took out 60 month loan?

If I sold it right now I could make a profit of almost $8,000 back to the dealer. It was a really good buy. That's after I pay off the rest of my loan.

3,000 less than KBB... and 5 years later you can trade it back to the dealer for 5,000 above the old KBB BUY cost?

What am I missing here?

The gas crises around 2008 and everyone trying to get rid of their SUVs. And now my SUV is one of the in-demand 'styles'.

Bowen

Protip

Neither do I, and if you had reading comprehension granted by an education with transferable credits, you'd know that.

It was a point in my favor, is what I'm saying.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

I am a MRA AMA

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    This morning the same son couldn't find his shoes and I go

Wow

Such organize

Much prepare

Ready for anything

So schedule

wow

He just stared at me for a minute, then facepalmed and walked away going No... no... please no...

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    WTF?

IkyA4gj.png

what the hell does

*Important Info

mean?

it means its important info can you read

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Madpanda wrote: »
    The lowish level bg's are mostly people leveling, the 20-24 bg (Thidraki) is usually heavy pvp with people having alts geared up just for that bg, the next one is 35-39 i think molvik and then cathal valley at 45-49. The other bg's you get some pvp but its mainly leveling.

Please stop making me post about this there is a new wow patch and final fantasy and oh god did you say the free trial is back?

2 weeks. Not sure if it has a level limit.

I think part of me is too lazy to do the first 20 levels of DAoC anymore. I played for so long with the /level command.

I want to try out my original account but that would cost money. But I am curious where my 50 Paladin, my 48 hammermaster and 45 warden ended up.

Man I wish unchained was out like now. So I could just play it and not have to worry about some of DAoC's clunky bits.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

I am a MRA AMA

How do you feel about this Matriarchal Gynocracy we are constrained by?

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

bought car used.
    took out 60 month loan?

What am I missing here?

The gas crises around 2008 and everyone trying to get rid of their SUVs. And now my SUV is one of the in-demand 'styles'.

What magical model is this?

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

my nephew is a decade older than I am

aRkpc.gif
    spool32 wrote: »

Wow

Such organize

Much prepare

Ready for anything

So schedule

wow

He just stared at me for a minute, then facepalmed and walked away going No... no... please no...

You're more hip than your son, actually. Your son is part of the generation that benefits from the internet, but doesn't really do anything with it.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    hmmm, listening to podcasts does seem to settle my nerves and also helps lull me to sleep. excellent.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    WTF?

IkyA4gj.png

what the hell does

*Important Info

mean?

To ably source info on the claim along with all the other disclosure bs for car ads

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    edited September 2013
    Bowen

Protip

To be fair, the people at ITT Tech probably do think friendship is magic.

Dark magic they are unable to cast.

Ludious on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Goddam it I am sick of make up ads generally and their foolish research figures which are usually along the new of 80% of 143 women agree.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Madpanda wrote: »

2 weeks. Not sure if it has a level limit.

I think part of me is too lazy to do the first 20 levels of DAoC anymore. I played for so long with the /level command.

I want to try out my original account but that would cost money. But I am curious where my 50 Paladin, my 48 hammermaster and 45 warden ended up.

Man I wish unchained was out like now. So I could just play it and not have to worry about some of DAoC's clunky bits.

Oh, they used to have a return to camelot campaign where you could reactivate an old account for 2 weeks every ~6 months for free, thought that was back.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
    ronya wrote: »

how does that work you're in dog years is your nephew also a dog or is a hamster or something

spool32 wrote: »

Wow

Such organize

Much prepare

Ready for anything

So schedule

wow

You are such a dick.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Man

I kinda want to talk about crazy habsburgs

But I am intimidated by the size of the history thread.

What if someone has already talked about it?

fuck gendered marketing

bought car used.
    took out 60 month loan?

What am I missing here?

What magical model is this?

Ford Escape.

I had a letter from them they wanted to buy back all Ford Escapes up until 2006. Though that's probably no longer valid, but I could still make a profit selling it to the dealer, just not quite $newcar levels.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Alright, time to put on my writing hat today.

*loads up an MMO*

Uggggghhhh tomorrow morning is crazy lecturer time...

i almost forgot about it.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

I am a MRA AMA

There was a topic in /AskMen like "So what's up with this whole Men's Rights thing? Is that legitimate?
    edit: oh god my inbox
    edit2: I regret this decision immediately"

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    This is the worst, quit taking minoxidil cause it was making my head WAY too itchy and I still feel miserable a couple days later.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

My aunt is a year younger

fuck gendered marketing
    Elldren wrote: »
    Man

I kinda want to talk about crazy habsburgs

But I am intimidated by the size of the history thread.

What if someone has already talked about it?

Search for hapsburgs in the thread search box?

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

My aunt is a year younger

hah

well my family's defence is that I'm the youngest of my generation, and we're pretty spread out

what's yours

aRkpc.gif
    Bowen

Protip

To be fair, the people at ITT Tech probably do think friendship is magic.

Dark magic they are unable to cast.

It's really kind of surreal they latch onto their employed grads like leeches. They wanted me to do one of those videos too. I offered to do it for half the cost of my loans. They said no. They weren't even going to pay for the plane ticket.

That was probably the most sarcastic laugh I've ever given anyone.

This discussion has been closed.