As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old Badges needed for costume next year

SupermogSupermog Registered User new member
edited September 2013 in PAX General Discussion
Hello all!
I have a bit of an odd request for you all. For next year's PAX Prime I've decided I want to dress as Dr. Emmet Brown, and a time traveler must be prepared for all occasions! In the Back to the Future movies, Doc keeps a briefcase on hand that's simply full of old money so that he never gets stranded without cash. For my costume, I want to put together a briefcase that is full not of money, but any old badges I can get my hands on from all PAXs (East, Prime, Aus, even Dev). If you have any old badges sitting around collecting dust, and would give/loan/sell them to a cosplayer with a dream, let me know!
Thanks!
Supermog

Supermog on

• Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    I'm not willing to part with my old badges, but I had to pop in and say that this is one of the coolest ideas for a costume I've ever seen. I look forward to seeing you next year!

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I'm going to say "good luck" finding people who saved badges but don't feel attached to them. Making it more clear that loans are fine might improve your results.

• Options
    SupermogSupermog Registered User new member
    Thank you to YoungFrey for making an excellent point. A loan is more than okay. I will personally cover any postage required to ship the badges and will give my word as any relevant demographic or put my right hand up to any figure of authority you like that I will return them to you in as timely a fashion as possible.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Too bad, after each day of PAX Prime this year I always saw a few of each badge just laying on the ground outside... I kind of wish I grabbed them and sent them your way.

I may have a spare Friday badge from PAX East 2011 I could send you, I'm pretty sure my friend's badge is in my badge collection somewhere and it means nothing to me honestly (considering I had my own 3 day badge that year :P)

• Options
    DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I was unable to get a 4Day badge this year and might be willing to give up a few of the single day passes and only keep one or two for my collection.

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Options
    caerulean_bluecaerulean_blue Registered User regular
    I have a 2012 PAX badge I'd be willing to part with since I have two from that year. If you are still looking, let me know via PM.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    @Supermog I have a 2012 East 3-day if you need it.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    jacalatajacalata Registered User regular
    @Supermog, I have a 2009 3 day pass that I'd be happy to give away. PM me if you'd like me to mail it your way. I also have a Monday/Sunday pass from Prime this year I could send.

Check out my PAX schedule assistant for Windows Phone - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/pax-digital-assistant/6e56d005-983a-e011-854c-00237de2db9e. Feel free to send me feedback or requests at any time!