As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Suggestion - Link to an exiled user's post

see317see317 Registered User regular
When a user is kicked from a thread, their name shows up above the reply box as exiled. Would it be possible to make that name a link to either their last post in the thread (presumably the one that got them kicked) or to the Mod's post telling Geth to ban them?
Coming late to a thread and seeing a user banned makes me want to know what exactly got them removed so as to not make the same mistake, but if it's a long thread it may take a lot of time to find where the offending post was made.

I know it wouldn't be 100% accurate in all cases, but if it even got close to the post, it would make it easier to track down.

see317 on

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I miss the 'who got banned and why thread' 8->

steam_sig.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Geth always teases you. "Would you like to know more?" but no option to actually know more.

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    When a user is kicked from a thread, their name shows up above the reply box as exiled. Would it be possible to make that name a link to either their last post in the thread (presumably the one that got them kicked) or to the Mod's post telling Geth to ban them?
    Coming late to a thread and seeing a user banned makes me want to know what exactly got them removed so as to not make the same mistake, but if it's a long thread it may take a lot of time to find where the offending post was made.

I know it wouldn't be 100% accurate in all cases, but if it even got close to the post, it would make it easier to track down.

But surely everyone already knows what to steer clear of?

1) Do not be a mutant

2) Do not be a communist

3) Do not be a traitor

With Love and Courage
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Probably would be easier to have a Mod Note next to the Geth Note.

Mod Note: Do not threaten to kill staff

-or-

Mod Note: Thread is not about butts

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Using geth for mod notes is a great idea.