As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] World Championship Edition

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Lol regi
    get cut.

• StrikaStrika Registered User regular
    stupid play by regi

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    I feel pretty confident that TSM are fucked here.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    I don't really know how you counter pick Ahri in mid to be honest. She's so powerful and so safe.

beaten by a little girl

liEt3nH.png
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Dyrus just threw away that rumble ult

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    I was actually thinking during the LD game that you'd have more chance of beating Ahri with Veigar than any of the popular mids right now. The problem with Veigar though is whenever his stun is on CD he is a free meal.

Zed I don't think so, when Zed ults on Ahri she just has to dash backwards and fire charm and orb into him and he can't do shit.

I don't want to theory craft too much but Zed also has W

as strong and safe as Ahri is, Zed is the strongest and the safest mid in the game right now

• EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I'm mostly happy I get to see Elise jungle even though they never show her outside of teamfights.

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I would say that Ahri is safer if only because she can harass really well without using her escape mechanism

• PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    I'm actually shocked by how comparatively conservative OMG are being right now.

IcdplGM.png
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Zed I don't think so, when Zed ults on Ahri she just has to dash backwards and fire charm and orb into him and he can't do shit.
    His W means he shouldn't get hit by Charm. As for ulting, he can ult>BotRK>E>auto immediately, and then Q after the first dash, and hope the Death Mark comes through. But yeah, he's not necessarily someone who kills her, but he can push just as effectively as she can, can roam just as well as she can, and is unlikely to die to her.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    I'm actually shocked by how comparatively conservative OMG are being right now.

SKT was pretty conservative as well. I'm pretty sure it's just the first-huge-game-in-a-new-environment syndrome. No doubt it'll wear off as they play more

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    They are playing against teams they haven't played at all, they tend to be a bit more careful when they don't know what they are up against. Note in the SKT game how they just become more and more aggressive the further the game went.

ive never seen regi play well on fizz

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    and trust your team to peel for you.

This was what I was going to say. Caitlyn isn't super elusive so you'll need to rely on your team, which in solo queue is like hoping the noose snaps.

Man, I wish I could trust my team to peel for me. My past few games suggest this is not a thing that happens. In the last one I even tried to ask them to keep Nasus from charging me, but by that time the arguing had started and I don't think I was heard over the sound of "gg" "the throws" etc.

I would like to delete the letter "g" from the game. So irritating.

Yeah, normally I am safe and just hitting whoever is closest. But I can't help but think that if I were SUPER-AWESOME and skillful I could somehow skirt around the edge of the fight to make it to their team. I have at least started to have more situational awareness and focus on the most dangerous thing within range. Makes me happy when their adc has bad positioning.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    Bethryn wrote: »
    His W means he shouldn't get hit by Charm. As for ulting, he can ult>BotRK>W>auto immediately, and then Q after the first dash, and hope the Death Mark comes through. But yeah, he's not necessarily someone who kills her, but he can push just as effectively as she can, can roam just as well as she can, and is unlikely to die to her.

I don't really see it. The ult shadow appears behind so he can't switch to that, he'd have to throw out his W before ulting to get the switch because if you know the timing you can charm as he appears from the ult and it will always hit. Even if he dodges the charm, worst case for Ahri is she blows two charges of her ult and puts a safe distance between them, he'd have to be pretty far ahead to finish her with what little time he'd have to inflict damage.

Ahri without her ult is a very different story of course.

sig.gif
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Disastrous pick and performance from Regi.

• AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Man this is embarrasing. And I have the impression it has only started. Why are we pretending Europe and NA have a place in Worlds?

Australopitenico on
    I think we can all agree Regi is literally the worst shot caller and appears to dive at completely random intervals.

sig.gif
    Dyrus is playing really poorly right now as well

Man this is embarrasing. And I have the impression it has only started. Why are we pretending Europe and NA have a place in Worlds?

Eh, lemondogs played well for most of the game. And SKT are by far the strongest korean team at the moment methinks. As for this game, TSM just aren't very good, C9 are the NA people to watch.

But the koreans are likely to win, yes.

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »

Eh, lemondogs played well for most of the game. And SKT are by far the strongest korean team at the moment methinks. As for this game, TSM just aren't very good, C9 are the NA people to watch.

But the koreans are likely to win, yes.

I think TSM are fine, they just got no performance out of either solo laners. Regi and Dyrus aren't always going to be this lost. Not Korean status strong, but I think they can hold their own and don't entirely deserve to be thrown under the NA bus.

making a decent stand here, they could get back in this game

dyrus wasted his equalizer there, not up for baron now

Yeah it's easy to blame regi for this loss but dyrus played equally poorly

Just a bad showing from everyone but oddone and wildturtle

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    BARON WINS AGAIN

liEt3nH.png
    dyrus blew that with a stupid ult before the baron dance

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Regi just needs to not pick Fizz anymore. He keeps blowing it and then blowing up.

camo_sig.png
    They should keep score for Master Nashor. If he wins more games than anyone else, he gets the trophy. Victorious Nashor skin for everyone!

Wow Azubu really improved their service

They're about fifteen seconds ahead of twitch with better quality and no stuttering at all

Granted, that might be because twitch has 350k or so viewers, but still

edited September 2013
    Now since Ahri has been silly dominant so far, does that inform future nerfs?
    Wow Azubu really improved their service

They're about fifteen seconds ahead of twitch with better quality and no stuttering at all

Granted, that might be because twitch has 350k or so viewers, but still

I watched the NA thing last month on Azubu and it was tops. Today I've only had a few stutters but nothing to write home about.

Einzel on
    I wonder when azubu streaming will dissapear. The company behind it is... shady to say the least.

Damn. There are some creepy people in the audience.

I'm pretty sure the guy who said he wanted to take Doublelift with him was joking.

It's disturbing I'm only like 80% sure, though xDD

The intermittent breaks during this keep reminding me why I hate dubstep. They lure you in by sounding like decent electronic music and then the drop hits and you feel bad cause you were enjoying a terrible song.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

It was the same at Pax Prime

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular

It was the same at Pax Prime

Sorry

In other news, I've won two ranked games since Worlds started. It would seem that all the scrubs but me are watching Worlds, time to climb the ladder!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    Even if Korea or China seem really strong, that's not a case for NA and EU to NOT be at worlds. Remember what the finals for The International 3 were? EU vs EU. I'm psyched at the new crop of teams and how much fun these games will be. Also, remember to be a proper ambassador for eSports, as this crop of finals may be what finally gets people to pay attention as groups are already getting 500k+ between streams (I'm guessing, since just twitch was at 360k at one point)

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Twitch was over 440,000 for a while.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I wonder how viktor does against zed mid. I am actually kind of surprised that he has not seen play at upper levels because of the prominent methods of adc centered team fights.

In lane he is strong against assassins like zed (but not Ahri) because he can drop his w on himself preventing much of the damage. Because of his shield he is tankier than he seems(and trades really well in lane) while he is also able to poke/farm with his laser and so is not easy to zone from creeps. If you don't get ahead on viktor you can always use your w to protect your adc.

It is easy to underestimate just how powerful gravity field is as a deterrent and peel. Because it slows for 1.5 seconds before stunning it provides a total of 3 seconds of effective peel for someone who enters the field late. If you drop it on an ally it offers just over 2.75 seconds of zone control(plus just under 1.5 seconds of slow).

It's maximum effective cc duration is 4.25 seconds (1.5 seconds in the field for slow, stunned for 1.5 seconds, 1.25 more seconds of slow after being stunned.

wbBv3fj.png
This discussion has been closed.