As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] World Championship Edition

19495969798100»

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Perusing the Reddit thread on TSM vs OMG

Best stuff in here:
    TSM uses Reginald. It's not effective!
    I think regi lined his pockets with lead before that game.
    Regi went full magikarp
    "Regi should change his name to "Flatsoda" cause he's got no fizz. "-@DrunkScarra

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I suspect Viktor suffers from Sejuani syndrome at pro level.

Everyone knows he's being reworked, and he might be getting reworked massively. What's the point of learning him in his current form, even if he's currently capable of doing well?

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Has there been any word on when they might roll out the Yorick rework?
    I want that.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Viktor does not require a rework. He is already the evolution!

wbBv3fj.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Has there been any word on when they might roll out the Yorick rework?
    I want that.

not till after they're done the pre-season changes, all hands are on deck for that right now

liEt3nH.png
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Pick Ahri; win.

Pyro and I jinxed the Azubu feed :(

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

Everyone knows he's being reworked, and he might be getting reworked massively. What's the point of learning him in his current form, even if he's currently capable of doing well?

Viktor is getting a rework? Why? He works fine as is but I don't think he's overpowered. Is there a red post on that or is it just how it seems?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

Viktor is getting a rework? Why? He works fine as is but I don't think he's overpowered. Is there a red post on that or is it just how it seems?

I don't think it's a full overhaul. Just some quality of life stuff. Maybe a second upgrade on his unique item.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Viktor lacks polish and his kit doesn't feel like it ties together very well. He doesn't need a full redo but he needs more work.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Ah. yeah I can see that. It'd be nice, his staff has some nice upgrades but it'd be nice if you could keep buffing it to make it a bit better going into lategame

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    Viktors first two evolutions need work since they're terrible. His death augment is 45 AP and +75 (+.21 ap) on his e. 45 AP is worth at least 900 gold. And the damage is by far the strongest evolution.

His q evolution is 200 HP and some HP5 and move speed on q. 200 HP is worth about 500 gold so the augment needs to be worth 500+ gold to be comparable to his emevolution His w evolution is 200 mana and some MP5 so the w range buff needs to be worth about 1000 gold to be comparable to his e.

The only time you would want an augment other than death was if you were supporting and were getting a 5th item and your build didn't have any AP in it

wbBv3fj.png
    i believe what little rework there is has focused on improving his other augments and adding 3rd tier upgrades to his item

liEt3nH.png
    That sounds delicious

now I want to know why they haven't reworked him yet!

Maybe when they introduce his new skin.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Ok folks, can you help me out here with two things?

1: my Teemo mid game needs work... I feel underpowered trying to rush Nashors first, then liandrys, then death cap or something. How can I balance out attack speed, which Teemo needs badly, and AP that he needs mid game? If I wait on liandry's, mushrooms just don't burn like I want them to, but... ??

2: can somebody please post an Ahri build that isn't the recommended? Item evolution and runes/mysteries if you have them? I am underplaying like mad and have only a scrub build, and she's clearly more powerful than I can realize right now.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

1: my Teemo mid game needs work... I feel underpowered trying to rush Nashors first, then liandrys, then death cap or something. How can I balance out attack speed, which Teemo needs badly, and AP that he needs mid game? If I wait on liandry's, mushrooms just don't burn like I want them to, but... ??

2: can somebody please post an Ahri build that isn't the recommended? Item evolution and runes/mysteries if you have them? I am underplaying like mad and have only a scrub build, and she's clearly more powerful than I can realize right now.

I don't really play teemo on SR but if you're facing an ap champ you may consider wit's end as the first item, then going liandry's

I like wit's end on him on aram -- the as + 42 bonus dmg + mr is really nice I think

I think part of the problem is that people do not realize that viktor is a burst mage (dfg actually would be decent on him but its not quite as efficient as it could be due to shield scaling, his e poke, and ult AOE. )

His full combo is 1465 + 3.74 AP (3.14 of that AOE) which is Annie levels of AOE combo damage (except he has the highest damage AoE poke in the game with his e)

wbBv3fj.png
    Usually when a rework stops it's because the guy who was working on it (Solcrushed in this case) was shuffled over to a project deemed more important.

liEt3nH.png
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Nashor's is not a strong first buy. Wit's End would make a better rush.
    Rageblade could be pretty good too, but I'm not sure how easy it is to keep stacked with Teemo.

Sokpuppet on
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

I'd prioritize AP like Deathcap before attack speed or that sweet burn. Mid game, a Deathcap backed mushroom is half the health of a carry.

That Lee play.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    OMG so stronk

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Pause too stronk

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    So are we keeping this thread till the end of today's group stage or starting a new one soon?

That was a really sketchy pause

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

I don't think Teemo mid is the most effective use of his powers.

steam_sig.png
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Man that pause still going.

Did someone's computer, like, catch on fire?

edited September 2013
    Everybody's rootin for SKT1, personally I want to see OMG pull this out.

Also nothing is higher priority than Viktor!

You know, I wonder why they haven't gone with the obvious and given Viktor a Soviet themed skin like Volibear and Sej have. The dude is super Russian! He's a techno-communist practically!

The Glorious Revolution is at hand!
    Khavall wrote: »
    Man that pause still going.

Did someone's computer, like, catch on fire?

San (Corki)'s mouse was broken I believe.

Lord_Asmodeus on

Not mid lane, mid game. :)

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Holy shit that Faker play.

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Faker, Faker, playmaker

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

Not mid lane, mid game. :)

Oh uh. Teleport. Ward. Take towers. Push forever.

That's all I do at that point. I think a pretty effective Teemo player somewhere said that you kind of just have to accept that you're not going to be a terror later in the game. More of a utility.

steam_sig.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.