As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

IE slowdown?

Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
My bosses computer will take 10 to 15 minutes to load Internet Explorer, yet I have swept for spyware and viruses. He has the latest Windows updates and 2 gigs of ram. I am currently googleing all the .exe in the task manager that I don' t recognize. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Saturate.jpg
Josiah_9 on

• Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Easy.

Stop using IE.

Try Opera or Firefox.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Josiah_9 wrote: »
    My bosses computer will take 10 to 15 minutes to load Internet Explorer, yet I have swept for spyware and viruses. He has the latest Windows updates and 2 gigs of ram. I am currently googleing all the .exe in the task manager that I don' t recognize. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Check the Add/Remove programs console for retarded toolbars (like Yahoo! toolbar).

Ruckus on
  • Options
    RevolutionaryRevolutionary Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I recommend switching to Firefox or any other different browser.

Revolutionary on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    There should be a shortcut in your system tools that will read "launch IE7 without addons"

Try that.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Have you tried deleting temporary internet files and cookies?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Reformat.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    Are you trying to start IE right off the bat after boot or is this after the computer has been sitting for a while? If Windows is still loading up, IE gets really low priority and won't show up until after everything else is done.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Eat_FireEat_Fire Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Try starting the computer in safe mode with networking and test IE. This might show if there is a program causing the problem.

You can also uninstall just IE and reinstall it. (its found in windows components.)

Eat_Fire on
    -Updating life to SP1-