As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Come for the [Steam] Sharing announcement (p.75). Stay for the new bundles!

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    As said before, this is where the G&T Adventure team comes in. If you want to guarantee a good home for a game send it there, if you want to just toss it out into the ether for any random person to enjoy send it to the general Penny Arcade group.

Still, @Jokerman you still need to click you received the copy of The Witcher 2 I sent from my steamgifts giveaway. :P

Karoz on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    @Aistan, you don't have anything to feel bad about. Cyko has been called out in the Steam thread before, and you got him/her to come say hi.

@cyko, I'm glad you posted and explained your lurker status. Definitely drop by and chat about games and the buying and hoarding of games with us when you have the time. Good luck finishing up school.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Yes, that's not reason to stop posting. AND IF YOU DO, WE WILL FIND YOU AND GIFT YOU!
    probably bad rats.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Yes, that's not reason to stop posting. AND IF YOU DO, WE WILL FIND YOU AND GIFT YOU!
    probably bad rats.

Or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ride_to_Hell:_Retribution

This game

I want to gift this game to people

• kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Throwing up a link to Xenonauts, because Xenonauts is awesome and if you ever wished for an updated version of the original X-Com, here's your wish granted:
    signature.png

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm truly excited for the final release of Xenonauts. It's already a whole load of fun.

• Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    My god, Tomb Raider is soooo gooood! According to my save, I'm about halfway done.

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I got a 66% off Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion coupon, if anyone wants it. PM or ask on steam.

• FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    I have a desura key for Introversion Bundle and another one for Frozenbyte bundle, just send me a PM if you're interested and I'll be happy to deliver.

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    The new weekly deals are up: http://store.steampowered.com/news/11453/

La Mulana is one of them and it's 80% off at the moment. I don't know if that is a pricing mistake or not so grab it as soon as you can if you're interested in the game, that's a pretty good deal.

camo_sig2.png
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    kaliyama wrote: »
    Throwing up a link to Xenonauts, because Xenonauts is awesome and if you ever wished for an updated version of the original X-Com, here's your wish granted:
    signature.png

As somebody who loves the 2012 Enemy Unknown and found the MicroProse original baffling and frustrating is Xenonauts a thing I should be looking at?

camo_sig2.png
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Hoping to order my new video card in October, if a few family things work out well. A GTX 770. Looks like it comes with Arkham Origins at the moment.

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    My god, Tomb Raider is soooo gooood! According to my save, I'm about halfway done.

I bought TR yesterday, on Steam.

I've already played it on the Xbox, but wanted to see what it was like on my new PC.

How does it look on Ultra ? Gorgeous, and still excellent.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I made my mother-in-law a Steam account today.

Her hard drive crashed, taking her copy of Feeding Frenzy 2 with it, and she has lost anything that would give me a clue as to where to begin to try and get the license back from Popcap. So instead I made her a Steam account and I am gifting her a copy.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Gamefly

Gamefly is having a sale on 2K games. Also, purchase qualifying 2K games and get Mafia II free.

Also use code GFDSEP20 to save 20% on select games!

BioShock Infinite $13.59 $10.87

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World $14.99 $11.99

Also, Borderlands and the rest of Civ V DLC are on sale!

Gamersgate

The Walking Dead Pack 7.49

Legacy of Kain: Defiance 1.74

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver $1.50

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 $1.50

Legacy of Kain Collection $4.50
    Legacy of Kain: Defiance
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2

Amazon

Square Enix Gamer's Bundle $14.99
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition
    Hitman Absolution: Professional Edition
    Just Cause 2
    Just Cause 2: Black Market Aerial Pack DLC
    Sleeping Dogs

Also, real soon Amazon is doing a bundle with Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, and Hitman.

• Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    Well, this is happening. I kinda wish it wasn't.

steam_sig.png
  • KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Al Baron wrote: »

Why? Looks pretty interesting to me.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    That looks very Japanese. I don't really find the idea of a tactics/dating game that offensive. I mean we have Mass Effect anyway.

Plus they have a guy called Winfield and that is a fantastic name to have:

ss_ffa8f416f2c946be31aa5c3639994ae12c51f239.600x338.jpg?t=1379351868

• AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    If i don't have a controller, is Sonic All Stars worth it?

edited September 2013
    jclast wrote: »
    kaliyama wrote: »
    signature.png

As somebody who loves the 2012 Enemy Unknown and found the MicroProse original baffling and frustrating is Xenonauts a thing I should be looking at?

I'd say yes. All of the annoying minutiae of the original is gone. No more having to order smoke grenades or sell stuff post mission. Many armory items are unlimited like ammunition and ballistic weapons. If an interceptor is shot down it's not the financial hit that it is in the original, instead it's out of commission until the plane can be retrieved and bought back online. There are a lot of changes like this to improve the flow and pacing. This makes the Geoscape/simulation aspect of the game more about strategic decision making instead of bean counting.

It has a cool interception phase that makes the air war a hell of a lot more interesting, and the tactical portion of the game is absolutely lovely. Range is a thing now, so you will lose far less personnel to a Hail Mary plasma pistol shot from one end of the map to the other. This of course works both ways. Suppression is a thing now too, putting aliens under heavy sustained fire will cripple their effectiveness. This also works both ways, of course. Ballistic weapons are way more viable, with the more exotic stuff being used to supplement your firepower as a force multiplier in the hands of experienced troops. Cover mechanics are also subtly expanded and enhanced from the original. A lot of the luck oriented factors for progression in the game have been mitigated or outright removed as well, such as psionics for humans. This may be a bummer for those of you who enjoyed that aspect but I think it's a smart decision that really helps distinguish the game from its inspirational source.

It's still not a complete game but it's getting very close now. As much as I enjoy the Firaxis XCOM reboot, Xenonauts is going to end up having legs in my opinion. It maintains and, in my opinion, enhances the strategic sandbox style of the original with a subtly more deterministic approach to the tactical side. So yeah, I think it's a great game even if you couldn't get into the original. It's a smartly streamlined homage that distinguishes itself in enough ways that you can enjoy it alongside the original and the reboot.

Drake on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Damnit, I just bought Bioshock Infinite like, a week ago at GMG for 30 dollars total, including the Season Pass.

The game barely finished downloading and now it's on sale for ~11 bucks.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES!

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    @Cardboard Delusions!!!!!! I thought we were past this! Why would you assault me with the mulan A?! er, La Mulana! Thanks man!

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Krummith wrote: »

Yeah - what's wrong with it? It looks like an SRPG with a ... marry-a-party-member, have-kids-who-are-the-next-main-character thing?

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    This is a thing:

Adventure Team Steam Group. Ends Thursday afternoon.

signature.png

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Yeah - what's wrong with it? It looks like an SRPG with a ... marry-a-party-member, have-kids-who-are-the-next-main-character thing?
    I'm all for more of a Japanese presence on Steam, if for nothing else than more of Square's backlog of classic RPGs up there.

edited September 2013

I imagine it has something to do with the promotional materials that were bonuses in the special editions and stuff. Some pretty interesting... pillows. And a hell of a conversation-piece/mouse pad. That's what I remember the most whenever this game comes up anyway.

Drake on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    posting so I don't forget to read this page from home :P good giveaways and I gotta see what that agarast game is. name is familiar, I feel like I have a similarly titles game for xbox that I never played. gotta see if this is a sequel or a collection or something

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Damnit, I just bought Bioshock Infinite like, a week ago at GMG for 30 dollars total, including the Season Pass.

Bioshock at that price is hard not to bite - that's like the second time in a couple weeks you've had that luck. Could you buy XCOM Declassified when you get a chance :winky:

cardboard delusions on
    Alright, @Drake, I need to know. How do you have time to play all these games enough to have a real feel for them?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    @Iolo

I'm a stay at home dad with a busted back. Since I spend a lot of time at rest, why not play a game? Especially turn based strategy games, short term tactical games and roguelikes and arcade type stuff like shmups and platformers.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

Bioshock at that price is hard not to bite - that's like the second time in a couple weeks you've had that luck. Could you buy XCOM Declassified when you get a chance :winky:

I refuse to be that guy! This thread already has a few guys like that!

I'm just gonna stop buying games. That'll show em.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Drake wrote: »
    Iolo

I'm a stay at home dad with a busted back. Since I spend a lot of time at rest, why not play a game? Especially turn based strategy games, short term tactical games and roguelikes and arcade type stuff like shmups and platformers.

Well that explains it. Sorry about your back, man.

You are ridiculously good at finding the fun in games (and contributing to my financial ruin.) :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular

I imagine it has something to do with the promotional materials that were bonuses in the special editions and stuff. Some pretty interesting... pillows. And a hell of a conversation-piece/mouse pad. That's what I remember the most whenever this game comes up anyway.

Hey, it's not the developer's fault that an ergonomically-sound wrist rest happens to have a certain shape. They're just taking advantage of it.

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    So this Sonic game...this is the one with all the weird-ass characters, right?

Are they DLC or player created or what?

And the game itself...a serviceable Mario Kart style experience?

• an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    I picked up the Agarest game for 360 because it was pretty much the only SRPG available for 360. I didn't get very far into the game, but the combat did seem to get a bit tedious and I put it down. I may not have given it a fair shake and part of me wants to pick up the Steam version and give it another try.

The SRPG itch is a tough one to scratch because there aren't a lot of console/PC games out there and a decent amount of the few are terrible. Getting to play a Disgaea, Gladius, or even FFT is such a wonderful experience that I'm always willing to slog through an SRPG to find out if it's as bad as the reviews say.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Got an Adventure Team giveaway.

signature.png

For the non-weekend folks.

edited September 2013
    Iolo wrote: »
    Iolo

Well that explains it. Sorry about your back, man.

You are ridiculously good at finding the fun in games (and contributing to my financial ruin.) :)

Sorry about your wallet, I try to use my powers for good but sometimes there are unforeseen consequences. :p

Yeah, the back thing has been rough. I used to be extremely active and I centered my life around this. So I really don't have any skills that make me useful outside of the home now. Gaming in many ways has been a salvation for me. It's gone from something I used to enjoy in my downtime to something that keeps my mind engaged and in social contact with other human beings (even if I'm not so good at that part sometimes). So those of you who have gifted me games have really done a lot to keep me from just coming apart at the seams and there just aren't words enough to express the gratitude that I feel towards this community.

Drake on
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Mondays are the worst day for a Steamaholic. Weekend sale is over, mid-week doesn't start until tomorrow, the indie bundles tend not to update/turn over until Tuesday/Wednesday...it's terrible!

But hey, new cards!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Mondays are the worst day for a Steamaholic. Weekend sale is over, mid-week doesn't start until tomorrow, the indie bundles tend not to update/turn over until Tuesday/Wednesday...it's terrible!

But hey, new cards!
    Some good stuff on the Steam weeklies this go-around.

Some classy jerk already gifted me La Mulana (there will be comeuppance) and I might have to throw a buck at some dead pixels.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Uggghhhh, was just thinking I should get around to getting Bioshock Infinite now. $11 is very tempting. Doesn't it have DLC? I don't guess that's on sale as well? Is it required for the full experience?

This discussion has been closed.