As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BSG:BG] Daybreak Game 1 - Game Over

• KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    If this fails, morale is lost. Contribute to make sure, people :)

Also, I hope Adama gets an XO, because he is so handsome when he uses his ability.

Kaneski on
  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Well since you put it that way, One card

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I believe Phyphor is the last one remaining to make a skill check contribution.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Three for a little

Woo having a hand filled with low strength cards

edited September 2013
    Turn 11: Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts)

Crisis Card: Unexpected Reunion

Skill Check [8] Politics + Leadership + Tactics
    Pass: No effect.
    Fail: -1 Morale, and the current player discards his hand of Skill Cards.

Skill Check Contributions
    Destiny Deck - 2 cards
    Lee Adama, Daybreak ver. (Tenek) - 1 card
    Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) - 0 cards
    D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) - 1 card
    Sherman "Doc" Cottle (Kirindal) - 1 card
    Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) - 0 cards
    Gaius Baltar, Daybreak ver. (Phyphor) - 3 cards
    Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) - 1 card

Politics 2 - Consolidate Power
    Politics 4 - Investigative Committee
    Politics 4 - Preventative Policy

Leadership 1 - Executive Order
    Tactics 3 - Strategic Planning

Piloting 3 - Run Interference
    Engineering 0 - Establish Network
    Engineering 1 - Repair
    Engineering 3 - Scientific Research

Check Total: 10 + 1 + 3 - 3 - 8 = 3, Fail. -1 Morale and Grunt's Ghosts discards his hand of Skill Cards: Leadership 1 - Executive Order, Tactics 0 - Trust Instincts, Tactics 1 - Launch Scout, Tactics 1 - Launch Scout, Tactics 2 - Guts and Initiative, Tactics 6 - Scout for Fuel, Piloting 0 - Dogfight, Piloting 0 - Protect the Fleet, Piloting 0 - Protect the Fleet, and Piloting 1 - Evasive Maneuvers.

This time, the past gets to Kat, who is unable to muster the strength to push her thoughts aside. Though she is eventually able to regain control, the CAG's distraction from her duty shakes the rest of the Galactica flight crew's spirit.

After Crisis: One Raider is placed in the Fore (9 o'clock) section of the Cylon Fleet Board. The Pursuit Track advances to Level 5 - the Cylon Fleet jumps in.

Geth roll 1d8 for Activate Raiders

Activate Raiders:
    1d8 7 [1d8=7]

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    That's a lot of zero cards

Turn 12: Lee Adama (Tenek)

Receive Skills Step: Lee Adama (Tenek) draws 1 Tactics, 2 Piloting, and 2 Leadership cards.

Current Situation:
    BSGBG-GameD01-T12-1.gif
    Resources: Fuel - 4, Food - 6, Morale - 6, Population - 13.

Jump Preparation: Level 4 - Jump available at high risk (-3 population on roll of 6 or less).
    Pursuit Track: Level 1.

Distance Covered: 3

Galactica: Weapons Control damaged, no boarding parties.
    Pegasus: Engine Room damaged.

Nuke Tokens: 2 remain.
    Quorum Cards: 3 in hand.

Active Quorum Cards:
    Accept Prophecy - Prevent transfer of President title via the Administration location or increase difficulty of Admiral's Quarters checks against the President by 2; card is used once before discarded.

Ship Reserves: 4 Viper Mk II, 3 Raptors, and 1 Assault Raptor available, 4 Viper Mk VIIs damaged.

Characters:
    Samuel "Doc" Cottle (Kirindal) - Captain's Cabin (1 Skill Card)
    President Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) - President's Office (1 Skill Card, 2 Mutiny Cards, Mutineer)
    Gaius Baltar, Daybreak ver. (Phyphor) - President's Office (7 Skill Cards, 3 Miracle Tokens)
    CAG Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) - Aft (3 o'clock, Viper Mk. II) (0 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    Lee Adama, Daybreak ver. (Tenek) - Quorum Chamber (10 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    Admiral Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) - Sickbay (3 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) - Human Fleet (5 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)

Galactica Space:
    Fore (9 o'clock) - 1 Basestar, 2 Raiders, 1 Heavy Raider.
    Starboard-bow (11 o'clock) - 3 Raiders.
    Starboard-quarter (1 o'clock) - 1 Basestar, 1 Civilian Ship.
    Aft (3 o'clock) - 3 Raiders, 1 Kat-piloted Viper Mk. II, 2 Civilian Ships.
    Port-quarter (5 o'clock) - 1 Civilian Ship.
    Port-bow (7 o'clock) - 1 Viper Mk. II, 1 Civilian Ship.

Cylon Space:
    Fore (9 o'clock) - None.
    Starboard-bow (11 o'clock) - None.
    Starboard-quarter (1 o'clock) - None.
    Aft (3 o'clock) - None.
    Port-quarter (5 o'clock) - None.
    Port-bow (7 o'clock) - None.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Yeah, but I wanted to keep that scout for fuel real bad.

edited September 2013
    I'm just surprised at how many have come out. You had 4, I have a couple, the first check was half 0s (especially since there are only 25 non-tre 0s total)

Phyphor on
    Yeah, @Mrblarney how well did you shuffle?

edited September 2013
    If anyone has a Consolidate Power Investigative Committee (derp), we can flush the Cylon out. And I'm slightly worried that the Great Holder of all the Miracle Tokens is discussing 0 cards instead of TALKING ABOUT THE SPIKE THAT JUST HAPPENED. A spike that had to have had the Establish Networks + at least 1 other Engineering played. I don't buy coincidence of a single Engineering for a half-hearted spike and just luckily getting Establish Networks...

Investigative Committee anyone?

Kaneski on
    Yeah, MrBlarney how well did you shuffle?

You may blame random.org and Orokos (via the Geth forum roller) for your luck. :D

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited September 2013
    Kaneski wrote: »
    If anyone has a Consolidate Power Investigative Committee (derp), we can flush the Cylon out. And I'm slightly worried that the Great Holder of all the Miracle Tokens is discussing 0 cards instead of TALKING ABOUT THE SPIKE THAT JUST HAPPENED. A spike that had to have had the Establish Networks + at least 1 other Engineering played. I don't buy coincidence of a single Engineering for a half-hearted spike and just luckily getting Establish Networks...

Investigative Committee anyone?

SR from cottle + pil from lee + other eng from DD? Kat wouldnt spike that check

Phyphor on
    edited September 2013
    Thoughts?

Kaneski on
    Spike's not on me. If I could manage to pull SR out of my hat, I would need to rewrite the rulebook first.

edited September 2013
    These are not the spikes you are looking for.

These are not the spikes I'm looking for.

I was trying to save my hand.

You was trying to save your hand.

Move along.

Move along.

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Argh. I had a dance party all ready to go if we passed that check. Someone do the math and figure out who could have spiked it, then EO me out of sickbay and I'll warm up the airlock.

EDIT: Alternatively, I suppose it might be time to Blind Jump.

Professor Phobos on
    edited September 2013
    Could play Piloting
    Grunt's Ghosts (Cards Played: 1)
    Tenek (Cards Played: 1)

Could Play Engineering
    Kirindal (Cards Played: 1)
    Phyphor (Cards Played: 3)
    Kaneski (Cards Played: 1)

Looking at everyone, Phyphor strikes me as the most likely person to spike us because he played 3 cards, and Establish Network causes all the Engineering cards powers to be doubled. Also, Repair, which would repair the room you are in or a Viper was used and the President's Office that he is in has taken no damage. In fact, no one is in a damaged room at all. If we are going to send someone into the Cold Void, that would be my vote.

Also: I couldn't spike that as I can't use Engineering cards.

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • TenekTenek Registered User regular
    All right then. I'm thinking that given our 13 population we might as well risk the 3 from FTL instead of trashing two civvies (2 pop. vs 1.5 on average).

As for the check... well, we have three choices. Either there are two unrevealed Cylons, D'Anna spiked it too, or it's Baltar. And frankly?

Baltar said " Woo having a hand filled with low strength cards". The three lowest-strength cards in that check that Baltar draws are a 1, 2 and 4. That's not "a little".

I don't really want to waste the XO on Cain but it looks like I don't have much of a choice. I can sit in FTL Control and jump us after, so what do you want to do with your action? Not a lot of great choices - Communications or Demetrius-something maybe? :\

Well, I know you played the piloting card as I didn't because I was trying to save my Scout for Fuel.

edited September 2013
    I can add Strategic Planning to the FTL roll. The risk is much less than a blind jump (which could actually kill us).

For my action, I'll take suggestions. I'd rather not leave Galactica, though, since I prefer not to discard what little I have left.

Professor Phobos on
    edited September 2013
    Shouldn't jump... with a Cylon suspect, jumping now would lead to Sleeper Phase - the suspect Cylon would get an ally. Ideally, the suspect Cylon should be dealt with before Sleeper. If you have evasive, Tenek, you should wait - Kat can survive a round or 2...

Investigative Committee would be ideal - airlock target Baltar and let him defend himself. If he still has his engineering - the check will fail and he'll be fine, proving he's a human and us knowing 2/3 candidates are secret Cylons. Airlock to hearts content. If he doesn't have engineering, he's a Cylon and would probably dump his Leadership to avoid airlocking. Either way we'd watch and Tenek, you could swing one way or another. I suppose you could XO Doc to mine the Politics deck for it at the risk of Baltar getting political prowess and wasting the attempt. Odds of Doc being a Cylon are pretty low, I'd say...

Alternative is - XO Kat to diffuse space threat a little, then FTL. Alternative Alternative is - XO Doc for some tactics (need to get scout for fuel back into draw pile), then FTL with an almost-guaranteed StratPlan.

Blind jump... with this Jump Track advance... eeeh... the top destination is good, but it seems wasteful. Might as well FTL.

One thing we can't have is Baltar in the brig, because of his negative. It's airlock or nothing. You can try investigative committee-test someone else with Admiral's quarters, but not Baltar...

Kaneski on
    Mm. Well, if we want to resolve this pre-sleeper we have to do it now but we can't reliably pull it off without (or possibly with) wasting my turn. Cain can activate the airlock but I don't know if we have the IC available to check (and we'd probably have to enforce contribution order on that to boot). Cain can't jump the fleet normally so that's two crises to deal with and a lot of civvies at risk.

Well, no time like the present. Move to FTL Control. Play Ldr 2 - Executive Order on Cain

Oops. Discard Ldr 0 - All Hands On Deck to move.

So I'm airlocking Baltar? Is that the consensus?

Well I figure my actions are relatively constrained, but yours aren't. Do we have the cards to pass the check if he tanks it? Do we have the IC to see if he's spiking it?

I can contribute a fair amount, but if he turns out to be human and we lose another morale, I'm not taking responsibility for that, damn it.

Then rearrange the civilians, I guess. Or scout the Demetrius mission.

Ah, frack it.

Move to Admiral's Quarters. Activate Admiral's Quarters against Baltar. Two cards.

I don't have any useful cards for this one. Zero cards.

I have no cards

Any comments, Baltar?

D'Anna, do you feel like helping Team Mob?

I have no cards

But I have five

Silly goose.

edited September 2013
    Can I back up a bit here? Since this seems to be an important check, I'd like to wait for skill check interrupts before proceeding. Can I get a declaration from all players, and then start the skill check over?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited September 2013
    Well I think everyone who could play it has already had a chance to say something, but None from me

Phyphor on
    Nothing here.

edited September 2013
    Tenek wrote: »
    D'Anna, do you feel like helping Team Mob?

Waiting for interrupts. To do this without an IC was not my preference... we can still do it blindly - where only Baltar and 2 non-suspects contribute.

Can't use card abilities, so no interrupts

Kaneski on