As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BSG:BG] Daybreak Game 1 - Game Over

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    We should had waited a turn so everyone could help.

• TenekTenek Registered User regular
    Frak.

Kat couldn't have spiked the check. She's drawn 2 Leadership since the first skill check she contributed to and hasn't played one since. That doesn't leave Baltar enough positive cards to cover his 3.

Play Eng 3 - Scientific Research

• KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    A
    Tenek wrote: »
    Kat couldn't have spiked the check. She's drawn 2 Leadership since the first skill check she contributed to and hasn't played one since. That doesn't leave Baltar enough positive cards to cover his 3.

I think the spike accusation against Kat was the Piloting that was part of the spike... Considering we saw Kat's discard after the check failed, we can reasonably work out what she has and hasn't played...

So, Scientific Research... This leaves Baltar with no chance to defend himself. I think I'm ok with that given the odds on the table, but damn... I held on to the hope that 3 miracle tokens wouldn't go...

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    No, pil from lee, eng from cottle. Kat wasn't going to spike the check to discard her entire hand

No, Piloting came from Destiny. I guess you can't trust *me* but you can trust her. She's drawn 3 Leadership cards. One went into the first check. Then she drew two more, and she only discarded one so it must have gone into this check.

Actually, I hadn't considered what d'anna put in. She may be helping us, but there's no chance she just wants us to sail to victory super quick. There's a decent chance she wants at least one of food, morale, pop fairly low

Pil/eng from DD, eng from cottle & d'anna?

edited September 2013
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Actually, I hadn't considered what d'anna put in. She may be helping us, but there's no chance she just wants us to sail to victory super quick. There's a decent chance she wants at least one of food, morale, pop fairly low

Pil/eng from DD, eng from cottle & d'anna?

Require some coordination to make Establish Networks work... Also, Occam's Razor. Also all my posts would have to be an elaborate double bluff - somehow I'd have to guess the humans wouldn't go for my ideas. (Edit: which they mostly haven't but that's besides the point :D)

Kaneski on
    edited September 2013
    Not if it came from the DD? I mean the card count was pretty low until the end so it wouldn't take much to tank it. But whatever, proceed with the brigging. Shame I can't dump my eng now to prevent it

Phyphor on
    Shame I can't dump my eng now to prevent it

Yes... yes it is. :(

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Turn 12: Lee Adama (Tenek)

Movement Step: Tenek discards Leadership 0 - All Hands on Deck to move to FTL Control.
    Action Step: Tenek plays Leadership 2 - Executive Orders, targeting Helena Cain (Professor Phobos).
    Executive Order: Professor Phobos moves to Admiral's Quarters and activates the location, targeting Gaius Baltar (Phyphor).

[7] Leadership + Tactics
    Pass: Gaius Baltar (Phyphor) is sent to the "Brig".
    Fail: No effect.

Before the start of the skill check, Tenek plays Engineering 3 - Scientific Research, making all Engineering cards in the skill check count as positive.

Once I get confirmation from Kirindal and blahmcblah on pre-skill check plays, we'll proceed with the skill check.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Kaneski wrote: »
    Shame I can't dump my eng now to prevent it

Yes... yes it is. :(

I take that back - you still can. You'll end up in the brig (because getting executed is at Cain's discretion). And you should. Phobos! If Baltar dumps his blue into the check - don't execute. I suspect there won't be blue anyway...

• Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    No, I have standing orders to always execute. To refrain would mean I'm not a bloodthirsty psychopath. Also, I'm not following the logic of not executing a suspected Cylon, here. Destiny could not account for all the sabotage of that last check. We know three cards seemed combined for added devastation; we know he played three cards of colors he drew. I am definitely pulling the trigger. If he's just in the brig and some random card sticks someone with a miracle left in there, he can hoover it up from us.

Professor Phobos on
    No, I have standing orders to always execute. To refrain would mean I'm not a bloodthirsty psychopath. Also, I'm not following the logic of not executing a suspected Cylon, here. Destiny could not account for all the sabotage of that last check. We know three cards seemed combined for added devastation; we know he played three cards of colors he drew. I am definitely pulling the trigger. If he's just in the brig and some random card sticks someone with a miracle left in there, he can hoover it up from us.

Yes, but... if this Admiral's Quarters check has Baltar's Engineering in it - that means he didn't spike the previous check. But the only way he can prove it now is to submit himself to possible execution. And if there's Engineering in the check and he's still executed - that's Morale and 3 Miracle Tokens.

Don't get me wrong, odds are pretty low that will happen, so I suspect your bloodthirst will be satisfied (depending on how much Politics he dumps into it)

Oh, interesting point if we know how much engineering he had...alright. I will defer the murder option.

Believe he should have 2 or 3 if he hasnt spiked. Scientific research means others CAN play in engineering but I really hope they don't...

She may be helping us, but there's no chance she just wants us to sail to victory super quick.

No chance of sailing quick if Demetrius isn't used...

• KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Not playing any interrupts for the pre-skill check. I should also point out that Cottle couldn't have possibly spiked the check as well, you've all seen my hand.

Kirindal on
    Romo, you playing anything?

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    No interrupts.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    One thing I don't understand is, if it was so important for Kat to pass the check, why did she only put one card in? I think the answer is probably inexperience, but you never know...

As for the current check, I almost think we should've given Baltar a chance to redeem himself by using his miracle tokens to increase fuel or morale. The only problem with that plan is that another turn of freedom could mean another stolen miracle token if he's a Cylon. So perhaps we should throw him in the brig, but not execute him, even if we exceed the check by 10. Let's not risk those miracle tokens quite yet, just deny him his freedom of movement for now. A shame I won't be able to use my ability to get him out should he prove to be loyal...

I was trying to keep my cards and I thought "Skill check of 8, that can't be that hard." Which it seems it is.

My miracle cap is 3, so I have to use these (or give them away) before getting more

Oh, well, there's that. Still denies you the reveal ability, toaster. :P

I was trying to keep my cards and I thought "Skill check of 8, that can't be that hard." Which it seems it is.

It normally isn't. We got whammied by a particularly devastating combination of engineering cards.

edited September 2013
    Alright, looks like we're ready to once again proceed with the check.

[7] Leadership + Tactics
    Pass: Gaius Baltar (Phyphor) is sent to the "Brig".
    Fail: No effect.

Before the start of the skill check, Tenek plays Engineering 3 - Scientific Research, making all Engineering cards in the skill check count as positive.

Skill Check Contributions
    Destiny Deck - 2 cards
    Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) - 2 cards
    D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) - 1 card
    Sherman "Doc" Cottle (Kirindal) - 0 cards
    Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) -
    Gaius Baltar, Daybreak ver. (Phyphor) -
    Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) - 0 cards
    Lee Adama, Daybreak ver. (Tenek) -

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    2 Cards. Same as before.

Any help from our friendly neighbourhood toaster?

0 cards

Baltar's chance to redeem himself is contributing his engineering here. If he's not a cylon - other cylons have no reason to put in Engineering to save him. If he is - he spiked the last check and has no engineering to contribute.

1 Card

I'm sorry (probable) brother.

• KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    0 Cards

@blahmcblah, I need to verify your contribution to the Admiral's Quarters skill check. Phyphor and Tenek also have contributions to make, but may wait for player order.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    I think you should be ok on this one. Once again, I'll wait for a better time to use my card. Pass.

I will brig myself with 3 cards

Yeah, I was waiting for your fistful of yellow.

Cain or D'Anna, how good were your cards?

Also, do we still have a SP to cover the FTL roll?

edited September 2013
    I kept my SP. I put in "a lot", for two cards worth of "a lot."

For my next turn I'll take 2 Leadership, 3 Tactics when that rolls around.

Professor Phobos on
    edited September 2013
    @Tenek Planning for the worst - I expected this would be spiked by Baltar. People with lots of cards in their hands normally take 2 turns to execute/brig. If the sleeper phase thing is what bothers you - put in a quite a bit. We can't have a cylon Baltar go to brig. It's execution by Cain or freedom.

Kaneski on
    Oh right, he oly gets to use his Cylon card in the brig. All part of his master plan, I guess. I totally should've contributed. :(

Yes, every outcome of this check is good for me
    Freedom - more time to mess with you
    Brig - I get my reveal ability
    Execution - I discard the handful of worthless cards I have left and get to draw tre and use cylon locations in a couple turns

edited September 2013
    Yes, every outcome of this check is good for me
    Freedom - more time to mess with you
    Brig - I get my reveal ability
    Execution - I discard the handful of worthless cards I have left and get to draw tre and use cylon locations in a couple turns

Magnificent. I applaud you, Phyphor.

Tenek - space this... malfunction.

Kaneski on
    That's nice.

4 cards