As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come for the [Steam] Sharing announcement (p.75). Stay for the new bundles!

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Al Baron wrote: »
    Well, this is happening. I kinda wish it wasn't.

I'm glad it is - its on my list of games to possibly buy on the ps3, but now I can get it on Steam.

Then not play it for several months.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Uggghhhh, was just thinking I should get around to getting Bioshock Infinite now. $11 is very tempting. Doesn't it have DLC? I don't guess that's on sale as well? Is it required for the full experience?

The only DLC that is out right now is some guns I think, and a shooting gallery challenge. But what you're gonna want is the Rapture DLC that's out in a bit.

The DLC is also available on that Gamefly thing.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    So this Sonic game...this is the one with all the weird-ass characters, right?

Are they DLC or player created or what?

And the game itself...a serviceable Mario Kart style experience?

If it's racing transformed they're all built into the game except metal sonic and the weird characters are just older Sega 'classics'.

It's also super fun.

Except boats.

Fuck boats.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Uggghhhh, was just thinking I should get around to getting Bioshock Infinite now. $11 is very tempting. Doesn't it have DLC? I don't guess that's on sale as well? Is it required for the full experience?

The only DLC that is out right now is some guns I think, and a shooting gallery challenge. But what you're gonna want is the Rapture DLC that's out in a bit.

The DLC is also available on that Gamefly thing.

Oh, I was thinking the Rapture DLC was already out. Maybe I'm just thinking of the hulabaloo when it was announced. That makes it easier to swallow.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    So I just finished Crysis 2 after blasting through it in the weekend.

It's quite... nice, actually. I was expecting to be horrified with it, but it was good after all.

With one single issue: that you can forget you ever played through Crysis 1.

Why is this important? Because Crysis 2 takes on this structure where you travel through corridors and then find an "engagement arena", which is where you can flank, stealth and generally move around causing mayhem. After you're done with this arena portion, you're back to corridors and the story. While Crysis 1 did have corridor segments, the arenas here are not even close to as open as some Crysis 1 areas, and lack opportunity varieties.

If you can forgive the game for this, it does bring forward some nice moments (slightly better than typical hollywood action stuff) and gameplay still manages to be more varied than basically... a lot of other shooters.

Still, it's a nice experience that won't waste your time. I just hope someone out there repeats what Crysis 1 did.

And in other news, I just started Tomb Raider.

Holy fucking shit, this is awesome...

I really, really want the game to keep this up: not just the amazing graphics and visual presentation, but the atmosphere and the gameplay seem to offer so much promise so far. Now I understand everyone who fell in love with this game.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Welp I'm still on lockdown. So what do I do with my time? Play games of course!!

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I want more JRPGs on my computer please

I would probably be a Sony Exec's sex slave if they ported more PS2 games to the PC

Legitimately be able to play hundreds of PS2 RPGs on my laptop? Fuck yes.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Sonic Racing is pretty good. It is challenging solo (And doing expert is pretty masochistic, I gave it up pretty quickly), it has interesting levels, the weapons are mostly dodgeable by skill, there is a more pronounced difference between characters than in mario kart. Every character can be levelled up to have different stats, the DLC chars start out levelled.

It is also fun multiplayer, with up to 12 people which is pretty great. Of course those situations don't happen very often, but it's nice to have installed.

I'd definitely recommend a controller.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular

I would probably be a Sony Exec's sex slave if they ported more PS2 games to the PC

I would commit unspeakably evil acts to get Dark Cloud 2 on PC.

I spent years and years playing and replaying that game, but never finished it. Because I'm a fucking idiot.

Now it sits on my bookshelf, taunting me. "I dare you to find a used PS2 and play me again. What tv would you even use? Just forget about me. You already did it once."

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

Seriously. It would be so easy to just half-ass it and strike a deal with the PCSX people, bundle their software into a package similar to the Sega Classics system, put it up on Steam, and charge people to download the PS1/PS2 iso files.

But I wouldn't care. Just let me give you money!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Oh hey yesterday was my fifth Steam annivoisary

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Firebird wrote: »
    I downloaded the free-to-play game Warframe just recently, and I have to say, playing as a running-and-gunning space ninja is delightfully kickass. Though I still need to go over some of the mechanics in equipping/upgrading/purchasing for my Tenno.

Also the dead zone sucks in this game. Since my joystick is a bit worn out, the slightest nudge makes me go as though I left the future stove on in my space apartment....
    ....this makes it difficult trying to go stealthy, and much more trying to melee.

You play a fps with a stick?

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

Just tried the coupon. It's ~27 dollars for the game and the season pass together. That's a steal right about now.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    I could have sworn Starpoint Gemini 2 was selling at more than 20 bucks a few days ago. Guess they were having some difficulty getting people to buy into Alpha after the disaster that was Starpoint Gemini 1.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular

I spent years and years playing and replaying that game, but never finished it. Because I'm a fucking idiot.

Now it sits on my bookshelf, taunting me. "I dare you to find a used PS2 and play me again. What tv would you even use? Just forget about me. You already did it once."

Why is there not more Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud style games?

I LOVE those type of games, like Actraiser and Soul Blazer where you fight shit to free bits and bobs to build your sick-ass town with!

Quick, guys, let's Kickstart or Greenlight something like this! I'll write it: "Gaia says, "There are monsters. They drop wood. Use that wood to build cabins. Then People will show up. Then go kill more monsters. Dark Crystal?" Now, someone else start coding and making graphics!

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

Load that shit up and finally finish it. Dark Cloud 2 is one of the best games ever made. I don't understand how it's never gotten a sequel or HD remake.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular

I LOVE those type of games, like Actraiser and Soul Blazer where you fight shit to free bits and bobs to build your sick-ass town with!

Quick, guys, let's Kickstart or Greenlight something like this! I'll write it: "Gaia says, "There are monsters. They drop wood. Use that wood to build cabins. Then People will show up. Then go kill more monsters. Dark Crystal?" Now, someone else start coding and making graphics!

If you can get past some of the rough edges you may find a lot to like in A Valley Without Wind 2.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I don't know what I did, but @Talus dropped Sonic Racing on me. Thanks sir!

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Not sure WTF is up with gamefly, add to cart and checkout brings me to another window where my cart is empty. Same on another browser...

edit - finally got it, sheesh.

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    As creepy as Agarest can be, I'm impressed with the price point. I figured the sort of niche, boob mouse pad having type of game would debut at a much higher price.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    As creepy as Agarest can be, I'm impressed with the price point. I figured the sort of niche, boob mouse pad having type of game would debut at a much higher price.

Pre-purchase nets you a whole ton of DLC for free too. Combining that with the pre-purchase discount is probably quite a savings.

Tempting.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator dropped today!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »

If you can get past some of the rough edges you may find a lot to like in A Valley Without Wind 2.

Awww, shit, man. Really? Because I got them both in a bundle and was immediately turned off by the first. I'll fire up 2 at work tomorrow.

• Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    I've never been big on orchestral music, but maybe you'll find this one interesting. It's red, and written by some guy named "Goty".

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - GOTY
    Loading...?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

Thought it sounded like a cool idea, then I saw the video ont the store page....I can't take it seriously now

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »

Thought it sounded like a cool idea, then I saw the video ont the store page....I can't take it seriously now

It's a lot of fun if you can find a good group of people to play with you

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Yea, I can't imagine using voice chat for it. I would do it if I was in a room. I would definitely need a cooler with beer though.
    And would probably be teleported off-ship or jettisoned into space at some point

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    I've never been big on orchestral music, but maybe you'll find this one interesting. It's red, and written by some guy named "Goty".

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - GOTY
    Loading...?

Hey, wow, thanks! First time snagging a [ codes ] thingy, interesting how it works, etc. Really, REALLY surprised that the install screen indicates a full 67GB install requirement. I mean... really? 67 gigabytes?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    The new weekly deals are up: http://store.steampowered.com/news/11453/

La Mulana is one of them and it's 80% off at the moment. I don't know if that is a pricing mistake or not so grab it as soon as you can if you're interested in the game, that's a pretty good deal.

jump on this!

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    I picked up the Agarest game for 360 because it was pretty much the only SRPG available for 360. I didn't get very far into the game, but the combat did seem to get a bit tedious and I put it down. I may not have given it a fair shake and part of me wants to pick up the Steam version and give it another try.

The SRPG itch is a tough one to scratch because there aren't a lot of console/PC games out there and a decent amount of the few are terrible. Getting to play a Disgaea, Gladius, or even FFT is such a wonderful experience that I'm always willing to slog through an SRPG to find out if it's as bad as the reviews say.

absolutely!

although with agarest I never even played them. it was like, one day I woke up and had both of the agarest games for 360, collector's editions... thank god for steam. I still buy shit before I can convince myself it's not worth it, but instead of dropping $80 ish I'm dropping $5 ish. way more manageable. I didn't need those games, let alone the collector's editions with their super weird bonuses (that I can't even put out on my shelves because they're sort of embarrassing)

luckily there are lots of pc games that come close (although personally I don't find them quite the same, being strict with my genre labels admittedly)...

I saw an indie game at PAX east called Telepath Tactics that gave me some hope but it's not steam which makes it harder for me to follow

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    La Mulana is a must buy at that price. Though it does sort of scream "Guess what's the next unlocked game in the Humble Bundle!"

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    Hey, wow, thanks! First time snagging a [ codes ] thingy, interesting how it works, etc. Really, REALLY surprised that the install screen indicates a full 67GB install requirement. I mean... really? 67 gigabytes?

The store page says 8, so...monitor that, I guess. Steam once told me a game was going to take a petabyte to install.

I...I don't have that much.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »

The store page says 8, so...monitor that, I guess. Steam once told me a game was going to take a petabyte to install.

I...I don't have that much.

This happened to me once

17exa.png

Gotta grab that 1 zettabyte drive off Newegg someday.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Empty Wallet Syndrome is really starting to piss me off.

That will be all. Carry on.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Yea, I can't imagine using voice chat for it. I would do it if I was in a room. I would definitely need a cooler with beer though.
    And would probably be teleported off-ship or jettisoned into space at some point

Some point? ;-) If I gamed this with my gaming group it would be a rush to the transporter buttons as soon as it loaded.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    That Bioshock deal is for a steam key yes?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mts wrote: »
    That Bioshock deal is for a steam key yes?

@mts, yes, Bioshock is Steamworks.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    ok folks, time to stretch out the old gifting muscles since its been a while since i gave something away.

header_292x136.jpg?t=1376580579

thats right,Gunpoint, a pretty simple yet spectacular game that everyone should play through. I have like 38 friends with this on their wishlist, and frankly that is criminal. get it you playa pseudo criminal private investigator.

so here is the contest. as part of your arsenal you have a whole slew of crazy gadgets like your crosslink for linking things and tactical pants for falling out of windows unharmed. also fists for punching things.

your task should you choose to accept it is to design your own secret spy tool and tell me about it. Bonus points for drawings. I haven't decided if winner gets it outright or best so many get a private steamgifts entry. or maybe i will throw the best up for a vote. regardless you can win gunpoint if you got the chops.

Entries should be PM'ed to me. 1 entry per person. lets say you have until Friday.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    So what happens if you put forum notifications inside code brackets?

Loading...?

Get clicking, for Science!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    So what happens if you put forum notifications inside code brackets?

Loading...?

Get clicking, for Science!

Code retrieved: @Luchaire test

This discussion has been closed.