As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Come for the [Steam] Sharing announcement (p.75). Stay for the new bundles!

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Tested it. Says code retrieved @iolo test.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Code retrieved @soundsplush test

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Man, Gunpoint is such a good fucking game. It's a rare puzzle game where the solutions can be every bit as batshit crazy as you want them to be. I watched some Youtube videos of people playing it after I finished it and found pretty nothing in common with my own solutions.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Thanks, clickers.

Hmm, but did the notification occur from the [ codes ] disperser or from posting in the forum?

Luchaire, did you get one notification or two?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    my guess is it wouldn't since it sends it via pm

camo_sig.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Much thanks to @Kemlos for the free Warband cards

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Thanks, clickers.

Hmm, but did the notification occur from the [ codes ] disperser or from posting in the forum?

Luchaire, did you get one notification or two?

Just the one notification from @Houn - none from your post.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Alright, so not good for notifications. It does seem to hide @Notifications, though. So you could do something like set up a randomized secret santa drawing (since the original list creator would know the order in the [ codes ] tags, but not the order they were clicked...

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Has there been a @Drakepost about Starpoint Gemini 2 yet? I remember him mentioning it, but going back a few pages I didn't see anything. I think it looks pretty cool, but I need it made irresistible like only he can do.

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    :lol:

I haven't played this new one. The first one is an unmitigated train wreck though. I like their ideas, hopefully they can implement them into a game that isn't totally busted this time out.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    La Mulana worth the $3? I have it in funds from selling cards and it looks interesting from the trailers. It is a Metroidvania style with a storyline and everything?

Damn it @luchaire - how am I supposed to spend my $4.50 in card sale money if you throw games at me?

Thanks for La Mulana!

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I recommend looking up a gamefaqs guide if you want to complete it in the next month.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    In La-Mulana (autocorrect keeps trying to spell it "my mylanta" I keep dying on the first boss. At least I think its the first boss. It could be pulling the Dark Souls "fuck you go the other way" though.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    Anyone else try Paranautical Activity yet? I'm thinking about adding it to my "Suckish" category but maybe I'm missing something. So far it seems stupidly difficult, it doesn't remember my screen resolution so I have to select it every time I run the game, and the mouse sensitivity is all out of whack. On top of that, I set it for "Beautiful" quality and not only is it not beautiful but the menus are insanely bad...I know it's early access but wow.

• cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I dunno what I did today but apparently a good friend saw it fit to send me Legend of Dungeons and @Luchaire hit me with some Volgar Viking action! Thanks!

cardboard delusions on
  • bobwocobobwoco Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    In La-Mulana (autocorrect keeps trying to spell it "my mylanta" I keep dying on the first boss. At least I think its the first boss. It could be pulling the Dark Souls "fuck you go the other way" though.

If you're talking about
    the blue guy with all the eyes, up on the surface
    then yeah, I think you need to wait until later. The guy in the tent nearby says something about how you need the "serpentine staff" or something.

bobwoco on
    Steam ID: wocobob
    steam_sig.png
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Anyone else try Paranautical Activity yet? I'm thinking about adding it to my "Suckish" category but maybe I'm missing something. So far it seems stupidly difficult, it doesn't remember my screen resolution so I have to select it every time I run the game, and the mouse sensitivity is all out of whack. On top of that, I set it for "Beautiful" quality and not only is it not beautiful but the menus are insanely bad...I know it's early access but wow.

I'm inclined to agree. There seems to be a poor balance between your health, movement speed, and the enemies projectile speed and damage that results in you dying far too quickly

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I did it! I beat another game on my backlog! Left 4 Dead 2 Campaign is done.

Now I have to beat the L4D1 campaign in the L4D2 engine.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    .... and now I own La-Mulana courtesy of a certain @Cardboard Delusions who can't just take a gift and run with it. Sort of like running with scissors, he just mucks it all up and then there's blood and pain and people laughing.

Thanks. Now if you'll excuse me, I have revengeance to ponder.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Finally getting around to Papers, Please. Having spent the last six years in a soul-crushing bureaucratic nightmare where every minor document fuckup came back to haunt me, it's worryingly satisfying to respond to innocent typos by hitting the button that summons Boris and "Nine-toes" Nikolai. I giggle a little every time it happens. A part of me heals.

Glory to Arstotzka.

NEXT!

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Alright, so not good for notifications. It does seem to hide @Notifications, though. So you could do something like set up a randomized secret santa drawing (since the original list creator would know the order in the [ codes ] tags, but not the order they were clicked...

Let's be honest, this just means @CorriganX is going to get included with every batch of codes raffled.

s7Imn5J.png

Let's be honest, this just means @CorriganX is going to get included with every batch of codes raffled.

I think we're all okay with that outcome.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    @Luchaire's attack was swift, but she doesn't know what weapons I have. @Viking knows what I keep in my store house...
    Thanks!9tGvBVH.png?1

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »

What. what did i do!? Ive been busy playing ffxiv and not even poking my head in here!

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    bobwoco wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »

If you're talking about
    the blue guy with all the eyes, up on the surface
    then yeah, I think you need to wait until later. The guy in the tent nearby says something about how you need the "serpentine staff" or something.

That one's not really a boss, and it's unlikely you'll literally die on him if you try to fight him before you have the item you need (odds are he'll just knock you back out of the area).

The actual bosses do have an order, but it's quite flexible. You definitely have your pick of the first three bosses, and they're all technically doable with pretty much just your whip. However, you'll probably want to explore everything you can and grab some upgrades before taking them on, to make your life easier. Sub-weapons are very useful on many of them, so stocking up on those can help.

CorriganX wrote: »
    Luchaire wrote: »

What. what did i do!? Ive been busy playing ffxiv and not even poking my head in here!

Lucky bastard

• an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    an_alt wrote: »
    I picked up the Agarest game for 360 because it was pretty much the only SRPG available for 360. I didn't get very far into the game, but the combat did seem to get a bit tedious and I put it down. I may not have given it a fair shake and part of me wants to pick up the Steam version and give it another try.

The SRPG itch is a tough one to scratch because there aren't a lot of console/PC games out there and a decent amount of the few are terrible. Getting to play a Disgaea, Gladius, or even FFT is such a wonderful experience that I'm always willing to slog through an SRPG to find out if it's as bad as the reviews say.

absolutely!

although with agarest I never even played them. it was like, one day I woke up and had both of the agarest games for 360, collector's editions... thank god for steam. I still buy shit before I can convince myself it's not worth it, but instead of dropping $80 ish I'm dropping $5 ish. way more manageable. I didn't need those games, let alone the collector's editions with their super weird bonuses (that I can't even put out on my shelves because they're sort of embarrassing)

luckily there are lots of pc games that come close (although personally I don't find them quite the same, being strict with my genre labels admittedly)...

I saw an indie game at PAX east called Telepath Tactics that gave me some hope but it's not steam which makes it harder for me to follow

I hadn't heard of that one before. Thanks! It looks like it might wind up leaning towards the chess/puzzle game end of things, but I'll keep an eye on it for some early reviews. I just need one more hit.

A quick search shows me what's in the collectors edition. Heh...

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
    @Cardboard Delusions just doesn't know when to stop.

AgentRd2.jpg

Thanks! :D

But ... This isn't over. Oh no, not by a long shot...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    How are there no typing games on Steam? :(

• Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    I don't think Mechwarrior Online is for me. Serves me right for straying away from Gaben's warm Steamy embrace.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I don't think Mechwarrior Online is for me. Serves me right for straying away from Gaben's warm Steamy embrace.

That's too bad :< I do hope it gets put on Steam eventually, though.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    How are there no typing games on Steam? :(

If Typing of the Dead 1 & 2 would just get on Steam I'd be a happy man. Hell, 2 even coming to America would be amazing

JtgVX0H.png
  • Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I'm having a great time with Tomb Raider so far. The animation's a little janky and Lara's a bit too athletic for all that she's gone through, but so far I'm enjoying this a lot. More than I enjoyed Uncharted 3, at least.

Muddy Water on
  • kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular

Did you try playing cooperatively on Vent? Would not want to play with pubs.

fwKS7.png?1
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I feel typing games are an underappreciated gaming medium.
    The skills are necessary and the entertainment is everything we enjoy about shooting galleries. The hunt, the aim, the processing of information, the will to move our fingers as accurately as possible, typing games are real games...........*looks at puzzle quest* hmmmmmmmmm Shooting gallery.............*thinks about Tohou games*..................

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    We should try and get Zeboyd on it. It's not like we don't at least have SOME pull over there.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    La Mulana worth the $3? I have it in funds from selling cards and it looks interesting from the trailers. It is a Metroidvania style with a storyline and everything?

This will date me a bit, but La Mulana reminds me of Legacy of the Wizard more than anything else, but I guess that was kind of like a Metroidvania before Metrodivanias were a thing.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Huh, Steam just downloaded an update for Dark Souls. I wonder if it's anything to do with GFWL.

Oh great, it broke DSfix.

oakke on
    steam_sig.png
  • LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    oakke wrote: »
    Huh, Steam just downloaded an update for Dark Souls. I wonder if it's anything to do with GFWL.

Oh great, it broke DSfix.

To be specific: it broke the fps disabler. Turn it off and the game will run.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
This discussion has been closed.