As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Come for the [Steam] Sharing announcement (p.75). Stay for the new bundles!

• oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    oakke wrote: »
    Huh, Steam just downloaded an update for Dark Souls. I wonder if it's anything to do with GFWL.

Oh great, it broke DSfix.

To be specific: it broke the fps disabler. Turn it off and the game will run.

Thanks, it's working now. Still, I hope they can make it work again, 30 fps hurts my brain.

steam_sig.png
  • LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Huh, Steam just downloaded an update for Dark Souls. I wonder if it's anything to do with GFWL.

Oh great, it broke DSfix.

To be specific: it broke the fps disabler. Turn it off and the game will run.

Thanks, it's working now. Still, I hope they can make it work again, 30 fps hurts my brain.

It's hard to go back to 30 when I'm used to 45 :( I can run it at 60, but my CPU takes strain.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
    Here's a heads up: the GAT V Pack DLC for SR4 is free for today only, and you can add it to your account even if you don't have the base game. So get it now and it might save you some money one day. Maybe.

steam_sig.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Oh, Volition, that's damn clever. Damn clever and funny. :)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • SirMontySirMonty Mount Backlog, Base CampRegistered User regular
    "Here me, ye who dost gift without remorse, spare thine victims the flood of classiness that spews forth from thine cornucopia, as there are others who want to gift but find all wishlists they laye their eyes upon devoid of anything their beaten and battered purses can afford."

The Book of Newell, Psalm XCVI

steam_sig.png
  • FandaFanda Hang a shining star upon the highest boughRegistered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I did it! I beat another game on my backlog! Left 4 Dead 2 Campaign is done.

Now I have to beat the L4D1 campaign in the L4D2 engine.

Throw me an invite if you'd like some company. I've been wanting to give that a try too.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Anybody know how long that Bioshock Infinite $11 deal lasts? I'm at work and can't check myself. Hoping it lasts until Friday (payday). Also, can it be played out of sequence? I haven't finished 1&2 because they're so dark that I really only play them when I'm in the mood which isn't terribly often.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    BS:I is only vaguely related to the previous ones. You'll be fine playing it out of order.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    ok folks, time to stretch out the old gifting muscles since its been a while since i gave something away.

header_292x136.jpg?t=1376580579

thats right,Gunpoint, a pretty simple yet spectacular game that everyone should play through. I have like 38 friends with this on their wishlist, and frankly that is criminal. get it you playa pseudo criminal private investigator.

so here is the contest. as part of your arsenal you have a whole slew of crazy gadgets like your crosslink for linking things and tactical pants for falling out of windows unharmed. also fists for punching things.

your task should you choose to accept it is to design your own secret spy tool and tell me about it. Bonus points for drawings. I haven't decided if winner gets it outright or best so many get a private steamgifts entry. or maybe i will throw the best up for a vote. regardless you can win gunpoint if you got the chops.

Entries should be PM'ed to me. 1 entry per person. lets say you have until Friday.

camo_sig.png
  • HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    Steam DB is showing a new Humble Bundle added a few days ago. May be the next weekly sale. Looks like this is what you get if you beat the average:

Divinity II: Developer's Cut
    RAW - Realms of Ancient War (R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War)
    Game of Thrones
    The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
    Confrontation
    Cities XL 2012
    Wargame: European Escalation - ''Commander'' (Free DLC)
    Wargame: European Escalation - "Conquest" (Free DLC)
    Wargame: European Escalation - "New Battlefields" (Free DLC)
    Wargame: European Escalation - ''Fatal Error'' (Free DLC)
    Wargame: European Escalation
    Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition

steam_sig.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    That might be tempting - I've been wanting to try Cities for awhile but never could justify paying even sale price for it since I kept getting mixed reviews.

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Seems a bunch of you don't have the Legacy of Kain collection... Still room for more to enter though.
    Incindium wrote: »
    This is a thing:

Adventure Team Steam Group. Ends Thursday afternoon.

signature.png

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Out of nowhere @Talus9952 smacks me with a copy of The Whispered World!

You stay classy Talus!

• Praxus1874Praxus1874 West Valley City, UTRegistered User regular
    Guys, is it weird that I'm excited to get off work and play Sonic All-Stars Racing? Because it feels weird.

I normally wouldn't have given it a second glance, but Northernlion and Co. played it yesterday on Twitch and it just looked so damn fun.

camo_sig2.png
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    kaliyama wrote: »
    I don't think Mechwarrior Online is for me. Serves me right for straying away from Gaben's warm Steamy embrace.

Did you try playing cooperatively on Vent? Would not want to play with pubs.

Maybe I'll give it another go this evening.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Praxus1874 wrote: »
    Guys, is it weird that I'm excited to get off work and play Sonic All-Stars Racing? Because it feels weird.

I normally wouldn't have given it a second glance, but Northernlion and Co. played it yesterday on Twitch and it just looked so damn fun.

We played it a ton during the sale, it is pretty amazing. It's the closest we will get to PC mario kart. I just had sad thoughts that if it actually picked up momentum, we could of had so many more tie in's for racers.

steam_sig.png
  • EmberquickEmberquick Master of Dungeons Deep UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Arrrgh! Almost all of my jealously guarded game time keeps getting taken from me by . . . life and stuff.

Is it wrong to comfort myself by thinking of my intimidating backlog as savvy retirement planning instead?

steam_sig.png
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Today is the day where I have to test my resolve in waiting for the inevitable PC version of GTA V.

• ElinElin Registered User regular
    @Talus9952 Slipped a copy of Depths of Peril into my inbox. Thank you, between a car that's acting up, buying a used car, and dealing with an asshole former cellular provider it was a spot of class to brighten my week.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    So I'm about 70% done with Tomb Raider according to my save file.
    When I quit on Sunday, Roth just died.
    When I quit last night, Alex died.
    I'm sensing a theme here...

steam_sig.png
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Catching up on the thread as usual and the "more jrpgs please" talk a few pages back makes me want to mention that at least once a week for the last few months I've been thinking that I'd love to see a port of Catherine. All the Atlus stuff really, but the desire to double dip on Catherine is particularly strong.

steam_sig.png
    @Iolo decided that the way I could fight off GTA is by gifting me the Brave New World xpac for Civ V.

You horrible monster. What have you done to my time.
    Thanks! You're awesome!

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Be careful what you wish for, Ceno? ;)

Looks like that Tomb Raider/Hitman Abs/Sleeping Dogs bundle on Amazon is borked. The comments are lit up with complaints of duplicate Tomb Raider keys. Hopefully they get it sorted during the two day window.

I expect there are highly entitled places on the internet that are raging about the deal outage, but I'm certainly not about to go looking for them...

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    @Ceno responds!

SIAHfj6.jpg

Thank you so much. I'm about to hit the road for work for the rest of the week, but look forward to tackling this after I get back. I've heard nothing but high praise for it.

Thanks again!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Steam DB is showing a new Humble Bundle added a few days ago. May be the next weekly sale. Looks like this is what you get if you beat the average:

Game of Thrones
    Confrontation
    Cities XL 2012

I want every one of these games. Would be a great bundle.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular

Game of Thrones
    Confrontation
    Cities XL 2012

That's a good looking bundle. And if I already have Testament of Sherlock Holmes like I think I do(I bought the Sherlock Holmes collection for the wife), that'll be the only one one that list games I already have.

But hey, it means I can give it away, so that's cool.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Praxus1874 wrote: »

We played it a ton during the sale, it is pretty amazing. It's the closest we will get to PC mario kart. I just had sad thoughts that if it actually picked up momentum, we could of had so many more tie in's for racers.

I just started playing it this weekend and I'm having a blast with the game play. The characters really are the worst part of it, which is a pretty minor thing to complain about in a racing game.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
    Tomb Raider/Hitman Abs/Sleeping Dogs bundle on Amazon is back up. $14 for all three. Value!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Stop tempting me to buy games that I already have on 360!

camo_sig2.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Stop tempting me to buy games that I already have on 360!

Come on now all three had disapointing sales figures and clearly need the he-hahahahaha.

No. Down Square.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    skyknyt wrote: »
    La Mulana worth the $3? I have it in funds from selling cards and it looks interesting from the trailers. It is a Metroidvania style with a storyline and everything?

This will date me a bit, but La Mulana reminds me of Legacy of the Wizard more than anything else, but I guess that was kind of like a Metroidvania before Metrodivanias were a thing.

I remember that game.

Or more specifically, I remember the first two minutes of that game that I never made it past.

s7Imn5J.png
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So, have the previous humble bundles been listed as a single entry like that, or not?

I'm assuming that it being one entry means that it's one key for everything.

• VeganVegan Registered User regular
    How are there no typing games on Steam? :(

Steam or not, you should download this: http://www.holywowstudios.com/teachestyping/

steam_sig.png
  • Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    Psychonauts for $1.99 is the daily.

If you don't already own this game, and you won't spend $1.99 to rectify that situation, you are the worst.

steam_sig.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »

Steam or not, you should download this: http://www.holywowstudios.com/teachestyping/

This is amazing.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

If you don't already own this game, and you won't spend $1.99 to rectify that situation, you are the worst.

It's one of those games that pretty much requires a controller, right?

Aaaaand reinstalling GTA IV.

Vegan wrote: »

Seconded. I remember laughing my ass off when I played it.

steam_sig.png
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

You should be good if you don't have a controller, I played it with KBAM and I don't remember having any problems.

camo_sig2.png
  • Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I think it'd be awkward without one but it's not technically required.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.