As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

AT&T DSL Gateway replacement

So the 2 official Gateways AT&T supports (Netgear DSL Gateway Model 7550 and PACE DSL Gateway Model 4111N) are both apparently kind of crap. Anyone have a vote on which is less crappy?

Or better, another Gateway that will work with AT&T PPPOE DSL that's not crappy?

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I use an Actiontec DSL modem, which I then feed into an Apple Airport Express for my wireless.

I can give you the model number when I get home, but I bought it about 4 years ago and they likely don't sell it anymore. (And there may be a better solution available by now.)

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    D-Link makes a number of ADSL2+ modems and modems+routers. If you're looking for the whole shebang, modem+router, I would recommend you get just a modem and buy a separate router. The combos almost universally suck out loud, and you can always re-use the router if you change to cable (for example), all you have to do is switch the modem out. I happen to have a D-Link ADSL2+ modem (I believe it's this model) that won't work where I live (Germany, Annex B and all...) that I will send you for the low price of nothing. Let me know if you can make use of it.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    @Alecthar I could definitively use it to confirm it's the Gateway crapping out on me if nothing else (and it seems better than the 2701HG-B, yeah...). Had to "power cycle" the other day to get the line to reconnect, now the Echo shoots up until you flip it off and back on again once a day. You sure about just handing it off? Shipping from Germany isn't as much as a new modem/router (I'm in California)?

Hopefully can work out how to use the 2Wire as a wireless access point, but seems dicey at best...

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    It's no problem, I work on a US Military base over here, so we can send stuff via USPS, so much cheaper (and easier) than going through DHL or the like. If you really feel obligated, hit me with a Steam game during the next sale or something. It may take a week or so to get over to you, as long as that's okay just PM me your details and I can send it over sometime this week.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    @Alecthar PMed you, not sure if the notifications are working or not for it (you're probably just not checking the board, but just in case....). Thanks again.