As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Come for the [Steam] Sharing announcement (p.75). Stay for the new bundles!

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    In other news, Cards for the Card god!

I also now own every faction in Arma 3's emoticon except NATO. Because F them for having the lamest LMG.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Tomb Raider/Hitman Abs/Sleeping Dogs bundle on Amazon is back up. $14 for all three. Value!

The only thing better is not realizing I had a $10 gift card from a survey I took awhile back so suddenly $4 checkout!

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Shiiit, I have everything on low and can't break 30 FPS on Arma 2, time to save up for Arma 1 on gog.

edit: Everything to low got 34 on arrowhead.

RoyceSraphim on
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Can you disable assassination animations in Mark of the Ninja?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Probably not since they're QTE's.

steam_sig.png
  • MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    is there a fighting game for people who suck at fighting games?

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Divekick.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Maguano wrote: »
    is there a fighting game for people who suck at fighting games?

Dive Kick.

I have no problem with the level design of A valley without wind, but I really get confused at some of the higher level stuff, its a really good example of what what a good tutorial could help with.

is there a site that looks at your profile and tells you which games have trading cards? Hoping to sell enough to get Gunpoint.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    is there a site that looks at your profile and tells you which games have trading cards? Hoping to sell enough to get Gunpoint.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=#category2=29&sort_order=ASC&page=1

JtgVX0H.png
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular

Go to your badges page. It tells you what games have cards and gives you a button to start playing them.

camo_sig2.png
    I meant look at my profile which games I own have trading cards. I guess I didn't make that clear. LIke they how long would it take you to finish your library, or how much your library is worth sites.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Tomb Raider/Hitman Abs/Sleeping Dogs bundle on Amazon is back up. $14 for all three. Value!

I wish I didn't have sleeping dogs

even though that's still worth it

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I have no problem with the level design of A valley without wind, but I really get confused at some of the higher level stuff, its a really good example of what what a good tutorial could help with.

Give this wiki page a quick read.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    I was casually knocking out achievements in EU4, minding my own business. I succeeded in enacting all of the reforms of the Holy Roman Empire, dismantling it to take all of the land for myself. I quit, content in the idea that I had no more excitement for the night.

And then @HeirTransparent gives me a drive-by gifting of Psychonauts.

HT is awesome.

I had been wondering what to play now that I'm putting EU4 aside for a while...

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Started up Skyrim for the first time in a while. Boy, why did I ever leave this game on the wayside?

[Load up last save, open door, get slaughtered in four seconds by some mage behind said door.]

Ah.

• DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    I meant look at my profile which games I own have trading cards. I guess I didn't make that clear. LIke they how long would it take you to finish your library, or how much your library is worth sites.

Tried this?

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Started up Skyrim for the first time in a while. Boy, why did I ever leave this game on the wayside?

[Load up last save, open door, get slaughtered in four seconds by some mage behind said door.]

Ah.

I don't think I could play another open-world Bethesda title without something akin to the excellent Fallout New Vegas CASM mod, because my modded game is so fantastically crashtacular. It's a tool that auto-saves at determined intervals (got mine set at 5 minutes) and creates new save files each time. You can even define event types (save every time the moment before entering a room, encountering an enemy etc.) It rotates in new save files and rotates out old ones, and I keep about 50 handy so I'm never without options.

I haven't tried this one out for Skyrim, but the description says it's attempting the same thing. Something to give a go, for sure

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    The lack of free look (or mouse look, whatever you want to call it) is hampering my ability to enjoy Mirrormoon EP so hard. I want to love the game, but I hate wandering around on the surface of planets because I can't stand how the game controls.

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited September 2013

The timing created by the animations is part of using them. So, that would be a no.

However, there is a suit you can wear that eliminates the QTE aspect and makes them always succeed.

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »

The timing created by the animations is part of using them. So, that would be a no.

However, there is a suit you can wear that eliminates the QTE aspect and makes them always succeed.

Also, depending on what you dislike about the assassination animations (perhaps they are too gruesome for you), you can get through the game without killing (nearly?) anyone. Though, a certain suit and items make this playstyle a lot easier. I ended up adopting such a playstyle near the end of the game because, well, I kind of just wanted to finish the game, but also for story reasons.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »

Ah.

I don't think I could play another open-world Bethesda title without something akin to the excellent Fallout New Vegas CASM mod, because my modded game is so fantastically crashtacular. It's a tool that auto-saves at determined intervals (got mine set at 5 minutes) and creates new save files each time. You can even define event types (save every time the moment before entering a room, encountering an enemy etc.) It rotates in new save files and rotates out old ones, and I keep about 50 handy so I'm never without options.

I haven't tried this one out for Skyrim, but the description says it's attempting the same thing. Something to give a go, for sure

I could simply choose to not open the door and go back out of the dungeon. But that's like admitting defeat! Plus in a game like this who knows if I'd ever remember to come back to it/find it again.

• TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »

Ah.

I could simply choose to not open the door and go back out of the dungeon. But that's like admitting defeat! Plus in a game like this who knows if I'd ever remember to come back to it/find it again.

Oh so you're not boxed in at least. I'm sure you'll forget all about it after wandering somewhere else for 30 minutes.

steam_sig.png
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Also, depending on what you dislike about the assassination animations (perhaps they are too gruesome for you), you can get through the game without killing (nearly?) anyone. Though, a certain suit and items make this playstyle a lot easier. I ended up adopting such a playstyle near the end of the game because, well, I kind of just wanted to finish the game, but also for story reasons.

If you're after 100% level completion, this was the only way you could actually play the game. That was really my only gripe with it: you get all so much execution moves and lethal tools, but since I after those 9/9 seals, which required you to stealth through the levels, I couldn't the use the great bulk of those abilities and tools. More fun to play, probably, but it did not need like a dozen types of stealth kills as far as I was concerned.

edited September 2013
    Funny story, I once threw a body off a ledge to get the disposal achievement, but as it flew into oblivion, it passed by two guards and got me bonus points for terrifying both of them and getting one to shoot the other.

edit: Dammit, I still have this itch for a FPS/TPS where you run around a region and steal/murder/sabotage/recruit people/shit to build your state.

Well that's a good deal.
    ND4LzFR.png?1

RoyceSraphim on
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Day 29 of Papers, Please. I'm so fucked.

I think I forgot to let enough of the EZIC agents through. I don't know if their revolution will succeed, but I'm in too deep to pretend I know nothing. And now I'm trying to confiscate enough passports without raising suspicion because I need to flee to Obristan before my audit; that rat bastard from the MoI, he knows, and he knows that I know.

Fuck goddamnit where am I gonna get enough credits in two days? You just had to go for the nicer apartment, didn't you? You had to buy that kid of hers crayons. Well fine, the little brat can stay behind with the damn crayons. Fuck the whole family, just run, run like a sonovabitch and don't look back.

God. Listen to me. What have I become? I should just, take a deep breath, get back to the counter, and pretend nothing's wrong. You can do this. We cut back on food, maybe find a way to detain some people from Obristan. That should do it, I think. I hit the button every other time anyway, they're not gonna notice a few documents missing.

FUCK SHIT FUCK HE'S HERE THE FUCKING INVESTIGATOR IS HERE

Calm down, calm down. Deep breaths, you can do this. You're a loyal agent for the Ministry of Admissions. You've done nothing wrong. Big smile, papers please, glory to Arstotzka... for the next couple days.

Guys, where did all this plot and drama come from? I'm... I'm scared. D:

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • AsheAshe Registered User regular

Ah.

Drop the difficulty down a notch or two. Then you can enjoy everything Skyrim has to offer without dying all the time.

steam_sig.png
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    So is there a trick to installing a game onto an HDD that is full up once you copy the game onto it from the another PC or do I have another reason to be annoyed with Steam?

Edit: Doesn't seem to be, so that's dumb as all hell. Check for file BEFORE wanting to download more, who designed this. And then Rockstar can eat a dong, Max Payne 3 just has to use their Social Club that doesn't even work and their suggested fix? Reboot everything. And once that fails...nothing.

Xeddicus on
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    So I am going to be picking up GTA 5 very soon with my newly accumulated wealth in birthday gift cards. However I also cannot ignore the Siren's call of Big Picture Mode. Compromise? GTA 5 + Light hearted BPM games to play on the side.

Therefore my next trilogy of Steam games I'll be playing shall be dubbed "The Big Picture Trilogy": Super Meat Boy, Binding of Isaac and Mark of the Ninja.

I'm embarrassed to say I've never played any of them, but I dove headfirst into SMB yesterday. I love and hate it at the same time because it induces fury, which I LOVE because it's 'old school' hard. It's a game I don't think you can binge on due to frustration unless you go on a hot run through the levels, but I think it will be the perfect tempo switch from beating hookers and robbing banks (both video games and real life.)

Edit: Grammatical stupidity.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Gamefly's restriction preventing an account from buying a PC title more than once has once again saved me from myself. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Ashe wrote: »

Ah.

Drop the difficulty down a notch or two. Then you can enjoy everything Skyrim has to offer without dying all the time.

This, absolutely.

I play with the difficulty down one notch, not because the game is too hard on normal but because I don't play Skyrim for challenging combat. I play to explore every lovingly crafted nook and cranny and to get absorbed in the lore. I play to be Erikka Goddamn Aefigsdottir, badass destroyer of dragons and crusher of trolls, not wimpygirl who gets smacked around by bandits ten feet outside of town, or completely owned by every wolf and spider in the woods. If I one-shot bandits with my greatsword while shrugging off their puny blows, I'm okay with that. :D

If I want challenging combat, there's lots of other options. Skyrim doesn't do "challenging" well anyway - it just jumps straight to irritating - as in the above-referenced "open door and die" scenario.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Stolls wrote: »
    Day 29 of Papers, Please. I'm so fucked.

I think I forgot to let enough of the EZIC agents through. I don't know if their revolution will succeed, but I'm in too deep to pretend I know nothing. And now I'm trying to confiscate enough passports without raising suspicion because I need to flee to Obristan before my audit; that rat bastard from the MoI, he knows, and he knows that I know.

Fuck goddamnit where am I gonna get enough credits in two days? You just had to go for the nicer apartment, didn't you? You had to buy that kid of hers crayons. Well fine, the little brat can stay behind with the damn crayons. Fuck the whole family, just run, run like a sonovabitch and don't look back.

God. Listen to me. What have I become? I should just, take a deep breath, get back to the counter, and pretend nothing's wrong. You can do this. We cut back on food, maybe find a way to detain some people from Obristan. That should do it, I think. I hit the button every other time anyway, they're not gonna notice a few documents missing.

FUCK SHIT FUCK HE'S HERE THE FUCKING INVESTIGATOR IS HERE

Calm down, calm down. Deep breaths, you can do this. You're a loyal agent for the Ministry of Admissions. You've done nothing wrong. Big smile, papers please, glory to Arstotzka... for the next couple days.

Guys, where did all this plot and drama come from? I'm... I'm scared. D:

The investigator in Papers, Please made me genuinely uneasy. At a certain point I had to stop and remind myself it's just a game, calm down, he's not really gonna take your job.

steam_sig.png
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    So I am going to be picking up GTA 5 very soon with my newly accumulated wealth in birthday gift cards. However I also cannot ignore the Siren's call of Big Picture Mode. Compromise? GTA 5 + Light hearted BPM games to play on the side.

Therefore my next trilogy of Steam games I'll be playing shall be dubbed "The Big Picture Trilogy": Super Meat Boy, Binding of Isaac and Mark of the Ninja.

I'm embarrassed to say I've never played any of them, but I dove headfirst into SMB yesterday. I love and hate it at the same time because it induces fury, which I LOVE because it's 'old school' hard. It's a game I don't think you can binge on due to frustration unless you go on a hot run through the levels, but I think it will be the perfect tempo switch from beating hookers and robbing banks (both video games and real life.)

Edit: Grammatical stupidity.

The problem with this may be that Isaac doesn't support controllers, so you'll have to use a program to setup something.

edited September 2013
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I was more looking for a way to limit the gore. My 4 year old saw me play and wanted to give it a try.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

Does this come with individual codes? I will never play H:A so I would happily gift it to someone.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular

Does this come with individual codes? I will never play H:A so I would happily gift it to someone.

From my experience, amazon always has individual keys.

steam_sig.png
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »

That's what I thought, but it's been a while since I bought one of these from Amazon.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Talus9952 wrote: »

That's what I thought, but it's been a while since I bought one of these from Amazon.

Let me clarify. Amazon is not a publisher. They cannot dictate to steam to create a bundle with all those 3 games. So anything amazon bundles, are individual games that are on steam. Unless there is an actual bundle on steam, chances are, each game will have its own key.

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Thanks by the way to @Excision for Trine 2!

This discussion has been closed.